Decorating My House for the Holidays

by hookedonhouses on December 10, 2009

white bowl-tree

As soon as we got home from Disney World a few days ago, we started decorating the house for the holidays. Out with the gold and orange from fall–in with the red and silver! There’s something so cheery about bright Christmas red, especially this time of year when it’s cold and bleak outside.

closeup mantel tree

I used to collect Santas, so I have lots of Santa figures sitting around the house, like these on the mantel.

christmas mantel

My 7-year old daughter Lily loves to decorate for Christmas, and she always has lots of suggestions. It was her idea to put wreaths in the square windows on either side of the fireplace this year. I don’t know why I didn’t think of that before!

corner chair-wreath

Look closely and you can see the snow falling outside the window.

wreath in window

Lily says, “Decorating is my favorite part of Christmas–except for opening presents, of course!” (Jake, my 14-year old, isn’t quite as enthusiastic about the decorating…or about getting his photo taken for the blog!)

Lily-wreath

Another idea she had: “Take a picture of me looking through the wreath!”

nativity scene

When I was growing up, my family didn’t really do the Christmas tree thing. They didn’t teach us to believe in Santa, either. Some years the Nativity was the only real decoration we had–at least until I got old enough to start decorating the house myself!

red bowl-silver ornaments

I’m a simple girl at heart, and so are my Christmas decorations, as you can see by my kitchen table centerpiece. Nothing fancy here. Just some silver ornaments in a red bowl.

Lily trimming the tree

I try not to be a perfectionist about the tree like I used to be. Now I let the kids do most of it themselves. (Okay, full disclosure: I moved some of the ornaments around when they were done, and they caught me doing it. Lily promptly moved everything back the way it was.)

Christmas ornaments

We always watch a Christmas movie while we decorate, and this year it was Holiday Inn. I really need to do a Movie Monday post about it someday. (Did you take the Christmas-Movie Quiz yet? How many of the houses did you recognize?)

Christmas tree

We still haven’t hung the lights outside, and Christmas is only a couple of weeks away. By the time I’m ready for Christmas, it’ll be Valentine’s Day…

toile chair-books-stockings

I love snowy days like this. All I want to do today is sit by the fire with some hot chocolate and read.

family rm-sofa-christmas

Connected to the family room is our kitchen. I love my snowman plates from Crate & Barrel, and my apothecary jar from Pier One:

apothecary jar-kitchenI actually bought this cute Santa cookie jar to give to someone else as a gift last Christmas, but I liked him so much, I ended up keeping him (don’t tell!):

santa cookie jar

Check out pics of my family room decorated with orange for fall and blue for summer if you want to see how it changed through the seasons.

wide shot fam rm with tree

UPDATE: My Hooked on Holiday House Tours blog party has begun. Come see my dining room–and how everyone else is decorating this year!

Hooked-on-Holiday-House-ToursThanks to the talented Amy of Living Locurto for designing this button for us. Feel free to add it to your blog if you’re participating!

Some other parties that you won’t want to miss:

If you’re hosting one, too, please leave a comment to let us know!

E. George December 10, 2009 at 2:42 am

Hi Julia everything looks bright and cheerful and Lily is absolutely beautiful. Love everything you have done so far I know I go around for days moving this here and moving that there typical females just can’t make up our minds. Fantastic…. Regards …. Esther from Sydney.

Beth at Aunties December 10, 2009 at 3:43 am

Your home looks so beautiful, warm from the chill outside and ready for Christmas. The silver and red truly are gorgeous together.
Lily is adorable and I loved her sweet face decked in wreath style. My tree never is the same from day to day after our grands come over;) It is the girls who love the ornaments and seem to day dream around the trees. They KNOW exactly where everything looks the best. I have several small trees just for them to decorate and redecorate each time they come.
I would love to hook up with your party on Friday.
Many Christmas wishes for a lovely Holiday Season to you and your family!
~?
.-= Beth at Aunties´s last blog ..Merry Christmas from our home to yours! =-.

Funky Junk Interiors December 10, 2009 at 5:48 am

Lovely home! Love all you’ve done! I totally cracked a big smile at the cute gal in the wreath. :)

I’m also hosting a Christmas Trees Unite if anyone wishes to join in for fun! I have it going until Christmas.

Donna
.-= Funky Junk Interiors´s last blog .."Myyyy Christmas Treee…" (link yours up too!) =-.

Emily@remodelingthislife December 10, 2009 at 5:56 am

I love your family room and will never tire of seeing it through the seasons. It looks lovely for Christmas. LOVE simplicity.
.-= Emily@remodelingthislife´s last blog ..Sweet Dreams =-.

christy December 10, 2009 at 6:09 am

Your home looks stunning Julia – I just love it. And I love Lily’s ideas too! I can’t wait for the blog party – I have to get my camera out today and take some pictures. So jealous that you already have snow!
.-= christy´s last blog ..Daddy’s Boots =-.

sarah { abeachcottage } December 10, 2009 at 6:16 am

love your tree….and your home, looks very festive and just right!

Sarah
.-= sarah { abeachcottage }´s last blog ..Beach CottageTree Trimming & the Twelve Dollar Christmas Tree =-.

Jessica at Lavender & Lilies December 10, 2009 at 6:23 am

Great job! So cute.
.-= Jessica at Lavender & Lilies´s last blog ..For the Traveler =-.

Stephanie December 10, 2009 at 6:35 am

Julia, your home is just stunning! I love the mantel decor, and your daughter is sooo right about those square windows begging for wreaths! Your tree is so festive ~ can’t wait to see more of your home. I’ll be linking up with you Friday as I’ve got lots more pics to share ~ til then stop by and see my link with Rhoda’s party!

Big TX Hugs,
Stephanie
Angelic Accents

duchess December 10, 2009 at 7:36 am

Simple is always beautiful & I love the wreaths in the little square windows. Great idea.
.-= duchess´s last blog ..On My Agenda =-.

Cheri Peoples December 10, 2009 at 7:44 am

Oh Julia it is all so pretty and what a gorgeous little, I mean grown up girl. I can’t wait for your party tomorrow-well tonight. I am all ready and can not wait.
I checked my following and re-subscribed.
Cheri

Kathy R (Bermudaonion) December 10, 2009 at 7:49 am

You have your house decked out beautifully! We haven’t even started decorating ours.
.-= Kathy R (Bermudaonion)´s last blog ..Review: While I’m Falling =-.

Stephanie @ Geezees December 10, 2009 at 8:00 am

WOW!!! You have a beautiful home Julia….your tree is so pretty, and i love wreaths in the windows! Great job!
.-= Stephanie @ Geezees´s last blog ..looking for balance, found some … and Cindy Lou Who? =-.

Angela December 10, 2009 at 8:29 am

Simple is the best way! Make it homey and welcoming! Our home is pretty simple for the holidays as well, but I feel it is warm and welcoming to all who enter!

~angela @ peonypatch
.-= Angela´s last blog ..Sounds of the Season =-.

rue December 10, 2009 at 8:50 am

Awww…. Lily is such a beautiful girl (just like her mama) :)

Your living room looks lovely Julia! You can just feel the warmth and cheer. Lily’s idea of the wreaths in the windows was perfect. Your tree is beautiful too :)

rue
.-= rue´s last blog ..PB & J Cottage~ The First Christmas =-.

MissCaron December 10, 2009 at 8:53 am

Looks gorgeous! Thanks for sharing! This year I really didn’t do much. It’s hard to feel in the mood to decorate when you live in a condo. I know, I know, no excuses … but I figure I’ll have plenty of years of decorating ahead so I don’t worry about it now unless I’m having a Holiday Party and this year I’m going out of town. :)
.-= MissCaron´s last blog ..Welcome to Tarpon Run =-.

Susie Q December 10, 2009 at 8:58 am

It is all just beautiful Julia…and letting the kids have input is the best isn’t it? Your daughter is following well in your design footsteps!
Your home is always so pretty and never more so than at this time of year!
I didn’t go all out like I have in years past but still enjoy it and seeing what others have done is always a treat!
Thank you so much for sharing with us!
Love,
Sue
.-= Susie Q´s last blog ..Christmas Comes To Rabbit Run Once Again… =-.

Lauren Liess December 10, 2009 at 9:18 am

Oh I just love it Julia!!! It’s so inviting & I’m still crazy about your toile chairs!!! I went back to the other seasons to see them again & I just love them all. it seriously looks perfect in every season!

Anyway, Lily is adorable & I’m guessing she got a lot of creative juices from her mom- that wreath pic is a framer.

It cracked me up that she caught you rearranging her “work” and fixed it back. too cute.

I can’t wait to join in the house tours on Friday!!!
xoxoxo,
lauren
.-= Lauren Liess´s last blog ..Before & After: Our Entryway =-.

The Pleasures of Homemaking December 10, 2009 at 9:21 am

Lily is adorable and a decorating diva in the making! I love the wreaths on the square windows! I love red all year round but it really just says “Christmas” doesn’t it. I’m so in love with that toile chair!!

Manuela
.-= The Pleasures of Homemaking´s last blog ..Home for the Holidays – My Dining Room =-.

KathyM December 10, 2009 at 9:32 am

Your house is adorable! My daughter also loves the decorating part of the holiday. I had to restrain myself from moving the ornaments too! I know they would notice!
I love the mirror above your mantel! Can you let me know where you purchased it?
Happy Holidays!

Kathy M

Sue December 10, 2009 at 9:32 am

Julia, Your home looks so inviting, even though you claim it is simple…. Including children into the decorating mix always makes it more fun- your daughter looks adorable framed within that wreath! :- ) Your red bowl filled with the silver ornaments is classically beautiful. Sometimes, simple IS best.
~ Sue
.-= Sue´s last blog ..Adding to the Holiday Decorating… =-.

pat December 10, 2009 at 9:40 am

So beautiful! I love your family room in every season, you have perfected the art of changing accessories to make it look brand new each time.
I do believe that Christmas is the most special of all…your Lily is adorable, and her name suits her…like a sweet flower.
I love your mantle, and am envious because mine is so narrow, nothing fits on it! I need a fireplace makeover…badly. I currently have a picture of mine on my blog, but now may have to take it down after looking at yours!
.-= pat´s last blog ..MY CROOKED CHRISTMAS STAR =-.

hookedonhouses December 10, 2009 at 9:41 am

Kathy–
I bought that mirror at Bombay Co. right before they went under (R.I.P., Bombay Co). -Julia

Bonita December 10, 2009 at 9:56 am

Such lovely decor! I love your tree because it’s beautiful, but simple and not overly cluttered. Just the look I like!
.-= Bonita´s last blog ..Honing Your Focus =-.

Heidi @ Wonder Woman Wannabe December 10, 2009 at 10:01 am

I love your ‘simple’ decor – it’s right up my alley! Too cute that your daughter fixed your tree arrangements….looks great to me!
.-= Heidi @ Wonder Woman Wannabe´s last blog ..One Body, Many Parts = A GREAT Party! =-.

Beth@The Stories of A2Z December 10, 2009 at 10:11 am

I LOVE it! Your tree is amazing, and I love the clean simplicity of everything. I struggle with making things simple, but I always seem to be drawn to it in others. Gorgeous!
.-= Beth@The Stories of A2Z´s last blog ..Christmas Home Tour =-.

Karen Haberstro-Walls December 10, 2009 at 10:21 am

What a fun post! Thanks for inviting us inside your home. I, too, tend to keep it simple when decorating for the holidays. Sometimes it is hard to do, though. So I rotate ornaments and the like each year. You have a beautiful, welcoming holiday home. Merry Christmas!
.-= Karen Haberstro-Walls´s last blog ..There’s Gonna Be An Evolution…… =-.

Shannon December 10, 2009 at 10:24 am

Oh! Decorating the tree and watching Holiday Inn is one of our traditions too! I love the red and silver! Your tree is beautiful!

Cathryn December 10, 2009 at 10:25 am

Lovely Decorations! Lily is a real cutie, too.

Question: Where did you get the white/cream compote dish you show in the first pic of this post? (I have been looking everywhere for something like this.)

May I also suggest “Christmas in Connecticut” for the Movie Monday house reviews? An older rom-com, starring Barbara Stanwick, with great locations. Her NYC apartment is very stylish with today’s popular decor motifs. Hope you like the movie!

hookedonhouses December 10, 2009 at 10:29 am

Cathryn–
I’ve had that white compote dish for years, but I believe it originally came from Target. I love it because I can use it year-round and just put different things in it (like pinecones in the fall).

I love Christmas in Connecticut, too! One of my favorites to re-watch every December. I even wrote a post about it with lots of photos. You can see it here:

Thanks! -Julia :-)

Nancy Hood December 10, 2009 at 10:28 am

Love the colors and yes, love love love the wreaths in the windows.

Snapshot of Lily’s face? sweet :)

Ditto to Cathryn’s comment about “Christmas in Connecticut” – great movie!
.-= Nancy Hood´s last blog ..Asleep, 77 Days ~ the Garden =-.

Nancy Hood December 10, 2009 at 10:29 am

just an oddball question :) how do those that leave comments get the quilt squares for their photos?!
.-= Nancy Hood´s last blog ..Asleep, 77 Days ~ the Garden =-.

micah December 10, 2009 at 10:35 am

Very pretty! Your daughter is so cute!
.-= micah´s last blog ..Then And Now: Living Room =-.

hookedonhouses December 10, 2009 at 10:43 am

Nancy–
The little “quilt squares” are the default for those who don’t have a photo for their avatar. I thought they were prettier than having that gray silhouette guy that some blogs use. -Julia :-)

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions December 10, 2009 at 10:46 am

Everything looks great, Julia! I love your tree! Your daughter is what my grandmother used to call “a pip”! I think you have a potential stylist there, and secretly I said “good for her” where you said she moved everything back the way it was!

Bailey December 10, 2009 at 10:51 am

What a cheerful Holiday Home! I especially love your stockings…Pete and I found some acceptable substitutes for this year, but we have yet to settle on our “forever” stockings…The red with the silver makes it look pulled together, but you can still tell there are chilluns running around which really makes a house feel homey around Christmas time, Merry Merry to you and yours!
.-= Bailey´s last blog ..Giving Thanks for Caroline and Keating’s Beautiful Wedding =-.

Jen @ After The Alter December 10, 2009 at 11:08 am

Everything looks so warm and wonderful! I decorate my parents house to this day with my mom like we always have in the past. it’s a wonderful tradition that I love. This is such a wonderful time of year.
.-= Jen @ After The Alter´s last blog ..Wifey 101: No Secrets For Santa =-.

greenie December 10, 2009 at 11:21 am

Beautiful!
Looks like you have a budding designer in the family! :-) Love the wreaths in the windows.
My brother and I always privately joke with each other over the way our parents decorate their tree. We swear they use a ruler to measure the space between each ornament. (Not really, but you get my meaning). It always looks so dull and uniform, like a soldier standing at attention–poor little tree… I like more randomness. Looks more organic.

Amy @ Living Locurto December 10, 2009 at 11:23 am

Look at how cute your house looks? We are traveling to Boston this year, so I haven’t done much decorating:-( I’ll see if I can figure something out for your home tour. I always love those!
.-= Amy @ Living Locurto´s last blog ..Free Printable Christmas Tags =-.

LeAnn December 10, 2009 at 11:47 am

Hi Julia,
I love how you totally change your colors for the season, I think I’ve told you before but it’s brilliant! I think your Christmas card needs to be Lily looking through the wreath…LOL!

LeAnn:)
.-= LeAnn´s last blog ..PLEASE VOTE FOR YOUR FAVORITE DOOR!! =-.

paintergal December 10, 2009 at 12:04 pm

Oh my gosh- that last photo is magazine worthy!
Absolutely beautiful!
.-= paintergal´s last blog ..Christmas Decor ’09 =-.

beth December 10, 2009 at 12:07 pm

Your house looks lovely, Julia! And that pic of your little girl looking through the wreath is so precious!
Hope you have a very Merry Christmas- Beth.
.-= beth´s last blog ..Feeling festive =-.

Tamara December 10, 2009 at 12:35 pm

I love your red and white/silver theme! I haven’t had time yet to do any decorating and I’ve already given away the one poinsettia I had brought home for the kitchen table. A friend was visiting and I couldn’t resist giving it to her before she left :)
.-= Tamara´s last blog ..Cast Your Burden…… =-.

Pat@Back Porch Musings December 10, 2009 at 12:37 pm

Beautiful Julia! I love Lily’s wreath photo! So cute!

Gorgeous bokeh on the red compote photo.

I have your button on my sidebar. I’ll be back to link up! Thanks!:-)
.-= Pat@Back Porch Musings´s last blog ..~Country Christmas~ =-.

Jeanne December 10, 2009 at 12:46 pm

Julia,
Your home looks warm and cozy and inviting for the holidays. Just beautiful. Love your blog, you inspire me greatly…have you ever considered dong a movie house post on the house from Fatal Atrraction. The big old one that Dan and Beth Gallagher moved to in the suburbs. I always thought that was an interesting house…

pk @ Room Remix December 10, 2009 at 12:47 pm

I love the way it turned out Julia! So pretty. I really like the way you captured it in your images too. That photo of Lily is adorable!
.-= pk @ Room Remix´s last blog ..Christmas Decorating Inspiration and Ideas – 3 =-.

lynne@lynnesgiftsfromtheheart December 10, 2009 at 12:49 pm

Julia, Your home is so warm and inviting. I love that Lily helped. What a delight it must have been to listen to all her suggestions. I always enjoy stopping by..
hugs ~lynne~
.-= lynne@lynnesgiftsfromtheheart´s last blog ..Tidings of Comfort and Joy =-.

Deidra December 10, 2009 at 1:32 pm

Your home is beautiful in every season! Truly, cozily beautiful!
.-= Deidra´s last blog ..Holiday Peace =-.

Kathy :) December 10, 2009 at 1:59 pm

Wonderful job Julia…..and that little elf in the wreath PRICELESS !!!

Merry Christmas to you and yours…..

All the best,
xo Kathy :)

ps I can’t wait to check out Paula Deen’s home LOVE her and I adore those buffalo check curtains of hers !!!

Morning T December 10, 2009 at 2:33 pm

Your house looks beautiful Julia and your daughter is such a cutie! Our tree looks much better this year now that my little one is tall enough to reach the middle….it’s been bottom heavy with ornaments for the past few years. :-)
.-= Morning T´s last blog ..Like it or not? =-.

Courtney @ Nesting Instincts December 10, 2009 at 2:47 pm

my favorite part of it all: I think you and Lily have a VERY special relationship. She is such a cutie. What a blessing! Oh, and I love the wreaths in the round windows – that’s my second-favorite thing! :-)
.-= Courtney @ Nesting Instincts´s last blog ..more is more…and a merry Christmas :-) =-.

Norma December 10, 2009 at 2:49 pm

Hi Julia,

I just love all the pictures that you put in. The one of Lily looks soo great of her looking through the wreath, I just love that idea. Your home looks so nice and comfy and warm for the holidays, so Christmasy Thanks for posting all the pictures. Have a Wonderful Holiday.

Debra @ bungalow December 10, 2009 at 3:13 pm

Hi Julia,
All the decorations are so pretty and especially that little sweet girl! I’m really into all the red ornaments.
.-= Debra @ bungalow´s last blog ..Christmas 2009 =-.

Amanda @ Serenity Now December 10, 2009 at 3:15 pm

Julia, your home is gorgeous!!! It looks so welcoming. :) I love the way your daughter thought to put the wreaths in the windows. She is such a little cutie. It about drove me nuts when my oldest wanted to hang stuff on the tree…I almost needed a drink or something. ;) I am going to try my hardest to get some pictures taken this afternoon and try to link up tomorrow morning for your party. I am looking forward to seeing what everyone has up their sleeves. :)
.-= Amanda @ Serenity Now´s last blog ..The Great Ornament Debate =-.

Tara December 10, 2009 at 4:26 pm

I love it! Your daughter is a girl after my own heart. I was always following my mom around, helping her decorate the house for the holidays.
.-= Tara´s last blog ..Christmas Decor Obsession =-.

Laura December 10, 2009 at 4:27 pm

Julia,
Could you please show us a closer picture of those reindeer in the last picture. I have another house movie suggestion “Penelope.” I love your blog!
Laura

hookedonhouses December 10, 2009 at 4:34 pm

Laura–
I just e-mailed you a close-up of the reindeer. If for some reason you don’t get it or can’t open the file, let me know. -Julia

Struggler December 10, 2009 at 5:25 pm

I love seeing how you’ve changed this room through the seasons – and a small part of me really regrets that I didn’t plan more along these lines when selecting major items for our living room. But in any case, your home looks beautiful and I’m glad you’re getting such lovely feedback here!
Lily is certainly showing very early talent – the wreath in the square window looks like it belongs in a Pottery Barn book ;)

janmary, n ireland December 10, 2009 at 6:38 pm

Christmas greetings from N Ireland. Love all the touches of red.

I have just blogged about the red holiday decor I have added to my kitchen – first Christmas in my newly madeover kitchen :)

Especially love the baubles in the apothecary jar.

I see you have a nativity set – I am sure you are REALLY busy, but just to let you know I will be hosting a Christmas Nativity Set carnival on my blog on 21 December.

Merrie December 10, 2009 at 7:43 pm

I love your house! The red pops so nicely and gives such nice contrast. Love that toile chair too.
.-= Merrie´s last blog ..Holiday Homes Tour =-.

anna see December 10, 2009 at 7:56 pm

Your house is so warm and inviting! I just love it so much! Your Chrsitmas decorating is gorgeous! I love decorating w/ glass balls too.
.-= anna see´s last blog ..Because I’m Selfless That Way =-.

frenchgardenhouse December 10, 2009 at 7:58 pm

Julia, everything looks wonderful! I just finished at my house, too. Let the Holiday begin. Please visit, I’ll pour us some French Champagne to celebrate.
xo Lidy
.-= frenchgardenhouse´s last blog ..Christmas Joy All Through the House =-.

Arleen @ Seasons for All December 10, 2009 at 8:52 pm

Hi Julia. It’s refreshing to hear someone say they like simple decorating! Your Christmas decor is beautiful, and so is your daughter. I’m looking forward to your “Hooked on Holiday House Tours” party again this year! ~Arleen
.-= Arleen @ Seasons for All ´s last blog ..Favorite Christmas Decor =-.

Kayjay December 10, 2009 at 8:53 pm

Wow! Your house is beautiful and so is your daughter!!! When can you come to my house and make is ready for the holidays? Please, pretty please……

Paula Grace December 10, 2009 at 10:12 pm

Beautiful! I think my daughter and your daughter would play well together. She is adorable!
.-= Paula Grace´s last blog ..Holiday Home Tour =-.

Sarah @ Thriftydecorchick December 11, 2009 at 12:10 am

EEEE!! I love all the red!!! It’s so classic and pretty. Perfect in every way. And the wreaths in the windows — BRILLIANT!
.-= Sarah @ Thriftydecorchick´s last blog ..How to take a great picture =-.

Nita Hiltner December 11, 2009 at 1:21 am

Hey, we are kitchen twins! My kitchen cabinets are white, black countertops and I have a black and white toile valance above the sink.

Amanda December 11, 2009 at 2:37 am

Your tree looks lovely – I love the colours you’ve gone with. I really like your stockings hanging along your mantlepiece.
.-= Amanda´s last blog ..Delicious Chocolate Fudge =-.

Melanie December 11, 2009 at 9:10 am

This has nothing to do with Christmas but I love your chair. LOL
.-= Melanie´s last blog ..Finally…A Complete Room! =-.

Maria Hanson December 11, 2009 at 10:28 am

Your house is absolutely darling. Can I move in? I love your holiday decor. LOVE IT!!!! Thank you so much for this sweet blog. I always get sucked in whenever I visit.
.-= Maria Hanson´s last blog ..2009 Christmas Decor =-.

Donna, The Decorated House December 11, 2009 at 10:42 pm

Love you REDS Julia!
Your decorating is so pretty and fun.
.-= Donna, The Decorated House´s last blog ..~ Christmas Countdown . Gingerbread Houses Continued =-.

Paula December 12, 2009 at 12:18 am

Your home looks warm & inviting! And I LOVE the Santa cookie jar gift that you decided to keep… I think I would have kept it, too.

Claire December 12, 2009 at 9:40 pm

Hi Julia,

Are your stocking holders from Target? I remember seeing them a few years ago, actually bought, then returned them in favor of candlestick holders…seeing yours I’m sorry I didn’t keep them. Did you purchase yours recently, maybe there is hope I can still purchase them….

hookedonhouses December 13, 2009 at 8:36 am

Claire–
I think they were! I bought them years ago, though, so I’m not sure you could find them there again. Sorry! -Julia

Julie From Inmates December 13, 2009 at 8:59 pm

Your home is beautiful!!! Thanks for sharing. =)
.-= Julie From Inmates´s last blog ..Christmas Tour Of Homes =-.

Nicole December 13, 2009 at 9:03 pm

Pretty! And I love all the pops of red…
.-= Nicole´s last blog ..my home for the holidays =-.

sandy toe December 13, 2009 at 9:06 pm

Everything is so pretty but oh how I love your black and white chair!
sandy toe
.-= sandy toe´s last blog ..Christmas Tour of My Home =-.

Dawn-Hydrangea Home December 13, 2009 at 9:27 pm

Beautiful Julie. I love the wreaths in the windows. Your daughter has a good eye! Hope you have a great Christmas!
.-= Dawn-Hydrangea Home´s last blog ..Christmas – The Home Tour =-.

Casey December 13, 2009 at 9:46 pm

Your house looks fabulous!!
.-= Casey´s last blog ..Christmas Tour of Homes 2009 =-.

Michelle December 13, 2009 at 9:48 pm

What a beautiful holiday home!
~Michelle
.-= Michelle´s last blog ..A Floor and a Fire =-.

Laura Ingalls Gunn December 13, 2009 at 9:54 pm

Your home is just beautiful. I adore the cutie in the wreath. May many wonderful Christmas memories be made within its walls.

I am so sorry that I was not able to join your party. I was in the midst of finals and my house didn’t get decorated until today.

Our home is having an old fashioned handmade Christmas this year. I hope you will stop by.
.-= Laura Ingalls Gunn´s last blog ..It’s beginning to look alot like Christmas…. =-.

Jen December 13, 2009 at 10:41 pm

Your living room is beautiful! I love the stockings and wreaths in the windows!
.-= Jen´s last blog ..it’s beginning to look a lot like… =-.

Debra Howard December 13, 2009 at 10:59 pm

I enjoyed your sweet decorations. I love all the red and white!
Debbie
.-= Debra Howard´s last blog ..It’s A Blue Christmas This Year =-.

Alana December 13, 2009 at 11:52 pm

Such a beautiful home.

-Alana Jo
Please take a moment to check out my photos as well.
Have a blessed day!

Briana December 14, 2009 at 1:46 am

Your family room is just beautiful!

Lauren December 14, 2009 at 8:37 am

Such a lovely home! I love the white and touches of holiday red!
.-= Lauren´s last blog ..Flower Mural =-.

Laryssa @ Heaven In The Home December 14, 2009 at 10:50 am

The red ornaments in your white bowl are so pretty. I’m a red girl myself.

Thanks for showing us around.
Merry Christmas!
.-= Laryssa @ Heaven In The Home´s last blog ..Christmas Tour of Homes 2009! =-.

Elaine December 14, 2009 at 11:47 am

Your home is like something from a magazine, so pretty! Love the holiday touches mixed with your lovely everyday decor! Merry Christmas!

Angie @ The Shabby Chic Cottage December 14, 2009 at 12:25 pm

I agree with Lily — the tree looks perfect!! Everything looks great — great job!
.-= Angie @ The Shabby Chic Cottage´s last blog ..Christmas Tour of Homes (Gina) =-.

Jodi December 14, 2009 at 3:40 pm

Just love your home….
.-= Jodi´s last blog ..Christmas at our House =-.

Kim December 14, 2009 at 3:48 pm

I love your house. And you are lucky that you have a child who wants to help with the decorating. I live in a family of all boys & no one helps me. But then, that can be good also. Just more work for me. I love how Lily recommended the wreaths in the square windows. They look perfect.
.-= Kim´s last blog ..Oh Christmas Tree! =-.

Stephanie December 14, 2009 at 3:50 pm

Beautiful!!! I love all the red!!!
.-= Stephanie´s last blog ..Christmas at The Huntley Home =-.

Brandie December 14, 2009 at 4:24 pm

Stopping by from the Nester…Love the blog and all of your decorations. Thanks for sharing!

Viki December 14, 2009 at 4:53 pm

I love your decorations. The wreaths in the window are really cute. Maybe your daughter will be a decorator some day ;-)
.-= Viki´s last blog ..Decorations galore =-.

cristin @ simplified bee December 14, 2009 at 5:59 pm

Your home is lovely!!!

xo,
cristin
.-= cristin @ simplified bee´s last blog ..Our Christmas Fireplace Mantel =-.

Gabby December 14, 2009 at 7:09 pm

I love your stockings, and I want to steal you Santa cookie jar for my collection!
.-= Gabby´s last blog ..A peace of Christmas =-.

PATTI December 14, 2009 at 10:35 pm

I love love love that toile chair! where did you get that????
Your house is gorgeous!
.-= PATTI´s last blog ..Light in the darkness =-.

hookedonhouses December 14, 2009 at 10:50 pm

Patti–
I special-ordered it years ago from a store that is sadly no longer in business. I do love the toile! -Julia :-)

Ruth December 15, 2009 at 11:41 am

I love your home. It is simple and elegant. I love the toile fabrics and chairs and the bowls filled with ornaments.

Ruth
.-= Ruth´s last blog ..Christmas Tour of My Home =-.

Katie A. December 15, 2009 at 3:50 pm

Love your home! Thanks for sharing. Your decorations are very simple, but elegant. Love them!
.-= Katie A.´s last blog ..Christmas Tour Of Homes =-.

Courtney December 15, 2009 at 6:07 pm

Your house looks incredible!

patty December 15, 2009 at 6:54 pm

love the wreath in the window, and your daughter is adorable-love the photo of her through the wreath!
merry christmas!
.-= patty´s last blog ..on the 4th day of christmas… =-.

Totallyscrappy December 15, 2009 at 8:28 pm

Your daughter and the wreath make a wonderful picture! A lovely tree…
.-= Totallyscrappy´s last blog ..Christmas Tour of Homes =-.

becky @ our sweet peas December 15, 2009 at 8:42 pm

I am not sure what I love more your decor or your pictures. Both lovely! Thanks for the inspiration!
.-= becky @ our sweet peas´s last blog ..It’s that time of year! =-.

Juliette Lee December 16, 2009 at 8:16 am

Beautiful pictures and fabulous style.
Thank you for the inspiration.
.-= Juliette Lee´s last blog ..Santa baby =-.

Kim @ Cheap Chic Home December 16, 2009 at 6:14 pm

Everything looks so inviting. Your daughter is adorable and is good at decorating, too!
.-= Kim @ Cheap Chic Home´s last blog ..Rejuvinated Angel Tablescape =-.

Cherry Blossom December 17, 2009 at 10:52 am

so beautiful! I am stopping in from Nester’s Place. To see my tour click on the ‘Christmas 2009′ Tag on in the left sidebar!

Brenda December 22, 2009 at 11:02 am

I LOVE the simplicity of putting up my trees when I want to. I light a Christmas Pine candle to get the aroma of a real tree. I lOVE the size of my trees and know how they will fit in my room each year. I am all for a fake tree! I love real trees, but the simplicity of a fake tree is just to great! Celebrating Christmas isn’t about rather your tree is real or not.

Brenda December 22, 2009 at 11:05 am

Your pictures are BEAUTIFUL! I love your decor! You have done a great job!
My last comment might have gone in the wrong post (sorry).
Merry Christmas to you! Thanks for sharing your wonderful pictures!
Christmas Hugs!