Welcome to Hooked on Fridays, a blog party I host at the end of every week to celebrate the things that make us happy. This week–and every week–I’m hooked on old houses. Every time I run across a photo of a great old house like this Victorian from Georgia, my heart skips a beat. I have a big file of them that I keep and thought I’d show you a few of my favorites today. I noticed as I looked through them today that almost all of them have at least one porch, so it’s safe to say I’m also hooked on porches. Take a look at these stately old homes in Charleston:
Here’s a white house from Alabama that I think is really charming:
An ivy-covered old mansion in Wisconsin that I’d love to get a tour of (especially at Halloween!):
Now it’s your turn to tell us what you’re hooked on today! If you have something to share with us on your blog, then add your link below. Just please be sure to:
- Add the permalink to the specific blog post, not your general blog address.
- Include what you’re hooked on in parentheses after your blog name. Ex: The Red Cottage (antiques)
- Link back to the party from your post so that your readers can come and see what everyone else is talking about today!
- Visit as many of the other participants as possible and leave comments! That’s what a blog party is all about!
- Double-check to make sure your link works and goes to the right page so it doesn’t get deleted! If you come back and see your link is gone, re-read these rules and try again next week.
Hooked on Fridays Participants