A White Farmhouse with Vintage Appeal

by hookedonhouses on October 30, 2009

farmhouse front porchWhen I spotted this charming old farmhouse over on Lookiloos, it made me smile. Some houses just make you happy to look at them. When the new owners found it, though, the house had been neglected–and on the market–for a long time.

Julia of Lookiloos says, “Inside, the wooden floors were sloping, the wallpaper peeling. When the last member of the family that had owned the house for more than a century passed away, it was as though the house died, too.”

farmhouse living room

An artist lives here, and she knew just how to breathe new life into the old house. She added lots of fresh, bright color, while preserving its original vintage appeal.

farmhouse kitchen

Now an independent movie is being filmed at the farmhouse. Read all about it and take the full tour of the house at Lookiloos!

Lookiloos

Christi at A Southern Life October 30, 2009 at 7:59 am

It does make you smile. All the wonderful colors. It looks like a house that is loved.

Christi
.-= Christi at A Southern Life´s last blog ..Southern Soup Craving =-.

Shelia October 30, 2009 at 8:02 am

Love it! I’m smiling! :)
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)
.-= Shelia´s last blog ..No Spooky At My House… =-.

Pat October 30, 2009 at 8:30 am

I love it when something old is made new again. This house shouts “love”! I love all the light that shines though!

Trish@TheOldPostRoad October 30, 2009 at 8:37 am

I KNEW an artist must live there -before I got to that sentence! Such a fun and welcoming home! Julia – you have an “eye” for knowing what others will find interesting, as well.
.-= Trish@TheOldPostRoad´s last blog ..Featured!! =-.

Stephanie @ A Fine House October 30, 2009 at 9:14 am

I love this house. I clicked over to check out all of the photos. I am in love with all of the red accents. So cute!
.-= Stephanie @ A Fine House´s last blog ..Clutter my World. =-.

Jenny October 30, 2009 at 9:20 am

That is a happy house!
.-= Jenny´s last blog ..Top Five Friday =-.

Janell Beals October 30, 2009 at 9:47 am

Charming! Any house with some turquoise in it has me! Janell
.-= Janell Beals´s last blog ..You Know You’re A Home Improvement Enthusiast When… =-.

Jen @ After The Alter October 30, 2009 at 10:27 am

What a beautiful house! I love the look of old homes but I have 0 talent to make it look fresh again…But this person definitely did!
.-= Jen @ After The Alter´s last blog ..Ode To Tinkerbell =-.

Christine October 30, 2009 at 11:15 am

The bright colors are wonderful! The kitchen is lovely, classic.
.-= Christine´s last blog ..Breezin’ Through =-.

Amy October 30, 2009 at 12:13 pm

I think you can always tell when an artist owns a house. It looks so vibrant and fun. I couldn’t live with the kitchen the way it is but it’s fun for photographs. I think the tiny window next to the stove is really interesting.
.-= Amy´s last blog ..Halloween Downtown Franklin Style =-.

StuccoHouse October 30, 2009 at 12:18 pm

My kind of house! Old, loved and lived in.
.-= StuccoHouse´s last blog ..Painted Red =-.

Shannan October 30, 2009 at 12:33 pm

What a fun farmhouse! Perfect combo of classic farmhouse and updated color – with loads of personality!
.-= Shannan´s last blog ..I Swear, I’m Still A Little Ticked At Fall =-.

Celebrity Digs HQ October 30, 2009 at 2:48 pm

We saw this house on Lookiloos the other day and read about the film! Sounds like it all came together perfectly. Anyway, we love farmhouses almost as much as we love spanish mediterraneans! This farmhouse is definitely charming, especially that red screen door.
.-= Celebrity Digs HQ´s last blog ..Celebrity Home of the Week: Dorothy Dandridge’s Former Home =-.

Sophie October 30, 2009 at 2:52 pm

I adore this decorating style! It is so happy and cozy with all the bright colors. Thanks for the post.

Kim October 30, 2009 at 4:26 pm

I am so happy that this home is being loved. It’s so nice and cozy.

Jane @ Beach House October 30, 2009 at 4:53 pm

Even though it’s polar opposite of my style it looks like home to me
.-= Jane @ Beach House´s last blog ..Master Bedroom Inspiration =-.

Annie@A View on Design October 31, 2009 at 11:17 am

It is a fun looking house, but I wouldn’t like it set up like that personally… maybe I’m getting old!
.-= Annie@A View on Design´s last blog ..Sleek lifestyle on the Main Beach, QLD =-.

Amanda @ Serenity Now October 31, 2009 at 11:59 am

It’s all those colors she’s used…really brightens everything up. :) I like the kitchen cabinets and the sink is pretty neat too! :) (Don’t know if it’s ComLuv or me, but I keep getting an error message when I leave comments here…something about it’s “having trouble with my feed.” Not sure how to fix that.)

Daisy Cottage November 1, 2009 at 7:08 am

LOVE IT!!!

But of course!

;-)

Thank you Julia for sharing this home with us – they did a fabulous job loving it back to life!

xo,
Kim
.-= Daisy Cottage´s last blog ..Blog Candy =-.

janice | Sharing the Journey November 5, 2009 at 11:42 am

Now this is one I could live in! It’s brave and creative, cosy and quirky and that porch has me longing to be out there!
.-= janice | Sharing the Journey´s last blog ..Two Healing Books to Feed Your Soul or Give as Gifts =-.

Cindy January 8, 2010 at 3:52 pm

where can I find the info you did on The Pink House ?

hookedonhouses January 8, 2010 at 3:57 pm

Cindy–
Pink house? Not sure which post you mean. Like a painted-lady Victorian house? There’s a search box in the left-hand sidebar you can try. -Julia