A Popular Blogger’s House For Sale in Pennsylvania

by hookedonhouses on June 2, 2014

Miss Mustard Seed Blogger Marian Selling Pennsylvania Home | hookedonhouses.netAs readers of the popular Miss Mustard Seed blog know, Marian Parsons has a knack for turning ordinary rooms and pieces of furniture into something special. She’s selling her Cape Cod in Pennsylvania, so let’s take a look around — and a look back at how it looked before she worked her magic on it.

Miss Mustard Seed Marian's House for Sale (1)

The red-brick house was built in 1948 and is bigger than it looks because of an addition that was built on the back in 2003. By the time Marian and her family moved in, she says, “It was a little tired. But we have given this house a lot of DIY attention and through all of those projects, I have fallen in love with it.”

Miss Mustard Seed Marian's Living Room BEFORE

Here’s how it looks today:

Miss Mustard Seed Marian's House For Sale | hookedonhouses.net

It’s amazing what some beautiful woodwork, hardwood floors, and paint (in this case, Glass Slipper by Benjamin Moore) can do for a room.

Miss Mustard Seed Marian's House for Sale (21)

The kitchen started off dark and kind of uninspiring:

Miss Mustard Seed Marian's Kitchen BEFORE

But here’s what it looks like now:

Miss Mustard Seed Marian's House for Sale (22)

Miss Mustard Seed Marian's House for Sale (5)

Marian lists some of the improvements they made to the kitchen, including “New floor, painted kitchen cabinets, custom range hood, and butcher block counter tops.”

Miss Mustard Seed Marian's House for Sale (8)

Miss Mustard Seed Marian's House for Sale (18)

Miss Mustard Seed Marian's House for Sale (12)

The house has 4 bedrooms, and here’s what one of them looked like before:

Miss Mustard Seed Marian's Bedroom BEFORE

And now, with new hardwood floors and a planked ceiling:

Miss Mustard Seed Marian's House for Sale (26)

The fully renovated master bath has marble floors, subway marble bath tile, a custom antique vanity, custom built-ins and cornice, and a skylight tube:

Miss Mustard Seed Marian's House for Sale (7)

Miss Mustard Seed Marian's House for Sale (9)

Marian wrote a book called Inspired You: Breathing New Life Into Your Heart and Home.

Miss Mustard Seed Marian's House for Sale (23)

Miss Mustard Seed Marian's House for Sale (25)

If the house looks familiar even if her blog isn’t, it may be because it’s has been featured in magazines like Better Homes and Gardens, Romantic Homes, and Cottages & Bungalows.

Miss Mustard Seed Marian's House for Sale (19)

They’re moving because Marian’s business is growing and she needs more space for her projects. I can’t wait to see what she does next! Check the Coldwell-Banker listing and Miss Mustard Seed for more photos and information about the house, which sits on a third of an acre in the Gettysburg area.

Miss Mustard Seed Marian's House for Sale (16)

P.S. Click here to see more bloggers at home, including…

Joan's Barn Room For the Love of a HouseJoan’s “For the Love of a House”

{ 25 comments… read them below or add one }

Imre Zat June 2, 2014 at 8:13 am

Such a wonderful house! Where is it in Pennsylvania?

hookedonhouses June 2, 2014 at 8:24 am

Hi Imre! It’s in the Gettysburg area.

Kelly - Talk of the House June 2, 2014 at 9:16 am

It IS amazing what all their work accomplished. Love what the wood floors do for a room. Her house definitely looks larger on the inside than it does on the outside. And I adore all that openness in the family room. Beautiful.

Karen June 2, 2014 at 9:22 am

Oh, I don’t know how she can part with that beauty! I’ll bet any potential buyers will try and negotiate keeping her furniture, which looks so perfect for each room :-)

Laura June 2, 2014 at 9:41 am

Amazing what can be done with a house that started out pretty boring. I love all of the added woodwork, and it’s furnished beautifully. It must be hard to leave, but if “Miss Mustard Seed” is like me, she’s probably excited about getting to decorate a whole new place.

antiquechase June 2, 2014 at 9:49 am

Very pretty! I loved seeing even more photos. SOme buyer will be very lucky!

Sarah Sarna June 2, 2014 at 10:38 am

Marian has done an incredible job with her home. Wow.

Kay June 2, 2014 at 11:23 am

Wonderful!
She hit every note, in my mind!
Maybe I wouldn’t do that white marble floor in the kitchen, but only because we have 2 black dogs + 1 black kitty! ;-)
I love eastern Pennsylvania; I forwarded this post to my friend who lives near Philly.

Alie B June 2, 2014 at 12:39 pm

This is incredible! It looks nothing like the original interior! Another great example of a home that was transformed by finishings, and didn’t need to be torn apart, to affect big change. Would you call this French Country, Julia?

hookedonhouses June 2, 2014 at 1:27 pm

It does have a French Country vibe to it, doesn’t it? So fresh and light and homey.

Elizabeth Sagarminaga June 2, 2014 at 11:28 pm

What an incredible post! Very pretty! I loved seeing even more photos. I also love all of the added woodwork, and it’s furnished marvelously. Wood floor is awesome. House definitely looks larger on the inside than it does on the outside. Thanks so much for thoughtful and inspirational post.

classic • casual • home June 3, 2014 at 6:01 am

Such a charming home!

Ranell June 3, 2014 at 6:51 am

Beautiful! You always bring us great homes to inspire us. You know whose home I would really love to see is jays! ( dream builders). I am sure his wife is happy everyday!

hookedonhouses June 3, 2014 at 7:38 am

Ooh, I’d love to see his, too!

Cheryl in Wisconsin June 3, 2014 at 8:50 am

It is not hard to understand why she is an internet sensation.

Susan June 3, 2014 at 2:01 pm

Gorgeous home! And, I love the area. One of my all time favorite restaurants is in Gettysburg. Looking for the listing!

Carla June 3, 2014 at 11:10 pm

I follow her but have never seen the exterior of her house, love the new look! She is pretty amazing and talented, had no idea she was selling though, behind on my reading list for sure!

Screendoorgirl 3 June 4, 2014 at 6:54 am

So pretty! Good luck to Marian and her family. I will have her dining room forever pinned onto my “Dining Room Ideas” board. Bloggers are awesome!

The Country Girl June 4, 2014 at 5:48 pm

Cute, but no cigar.

Deborah June 5, 2014 at 4:43 pm

I do love her taste! can you tell me where I could get the pictures of the Cow’s. I saw two on her walls. My Mother In Law and I have always wanted big beautiful pictures of cow’s, they are so peaceful looking. There is no way I could leave this house.

hookedonhouses June 5, 2014 at 4:45 pm

Aren’t those great? Check her blog — I bet she talks about where she found them!

Alysa June 6, 2014 at 2:54 pm

Linking to this today. Wouldn’t it be amazing to purchase a blogger’s finished house? Nothing more to do. Done. Beautiful.

hookedonhouses June 6, 2014 at 3:00 pm

I know, right? If only I could convince my family to move to Pennsylvania… :-)

Thanks, Alysa!

Cheryl June 11, 2014 at 1:01 pm

Whoa! I am blown away! I have been reading both of your blogs for several years – and I had NO idea that she lives so close to me! I’m about 30 minutes to her east! And…I’m currently house hunting! :) Unfortunately though, I promised my kids to stay in our current school district.

hookedonhouses June 11, 2014 at 1:15 pm

No kidding? Too bad it’s in a different school district. Best of luck with your house hunt, Cheryl! :-)