A Popular Blogger’s House For Sale in Pennsylvania

Miss Mustard Seed Blogger Marian Selling Pennsylvania Home | hookedonhouses.netAs readers of the popular Miss Mustard Seed blog know, Marian Parsons has a knack for turning ordinary rooms and pieces of furniture into something special. She’s selling her Cape Cod in Pennsylvania, so let’s take a look around — and a look back at how it looked before she worked her magic on it.

Miss Mustard Seed Marian's House for Sale (1)

The red-brick house was built in 1948 and is bigger than it looks because of an addition that was built on the back in 2003. By the time Marian and her family moved in, she says, “It was a little tired. But we have given this house a lot of DIY attention and through all of those projects, I have fallen in love with it.”

Miss Mustard Seed Marian's Living Room BEFORE

Here’s how it looks today:

Miss Mustard Seed Marian's House For Sale | hookedonhouses.net

It’s amazing what some beautiful woodwork, hardwood floors, and paint (in this case, Glass Slipper by Benjamin Moore) can do for a room.

Miss Mustard Seed Marian's House for Sale (21)

The kitchen started off dark and kind of uninspiring:

Miss Mustard Seed Marian's Kitchen BEFORE

But here’s what it looks like now:

Miss Mustard Seed Marian's House for Sale (22)

Miss Mustard Seed Marian's House for Sale (5)

Marian lists some of the improvements they made to the kitchen, including “New floor, painted kitchen cabinets, custom range hood, and butcher block counter tops.”

Miss Mustard Seed Marian's House for Sale (8)

Miss Mustard Seed Marian's House for Sale (18)

Miss Mustard Seed Marian's House for Sale (12)

The house has 4 bedrooms, and here’s what one of them looked like before:

Miss Mustard Seed Marian's Bedroom BEFORE

And now, with new hardwood floors and a planked ceiling:

Miss Mustard Seed Marian's House for Sale (26)

The fully renovated master bath has marble floors, subway marble bath tile, a custom antique vanity, custom built-ins and cornice, and a skylight tube:

Miss Mustard Seed Marian's House for Sale (7)

Miss Mustard Seed Marian's House for Sale (9)

Marian wrote a book called Inspired You: Breathing New Life Into Your Heart and Home.

Miss Mustard Seed Marian's House for Sale (23)

Miss Mustard Seed Marian's House for Sale (25)

If the house looks familiar even if her blog isn’t, it may be because it’s has been featured in magazines like Better Homes and Gardens, Romantic Homes, and Cottages & Bungalows.

Miss Mustard Seed Marian's House for Sale (19)

They’re moving because Marian’s business is growing and she needs more space for her projects. I can’t wait to see what she does next! Check the Coldwell-Banker listing and Miss Mustard Seed for more photos and information about the house, which sits on a third of an acre in the Gettysburg area.

Miss Mustard Seed Marian's House for Sale (16)

P.S. Click here to see more bloggers at home, including…

Joan's Barn Room For the Love of a HouseJoan’s “For the Love of a House”

Savvy Southern Style - Kim's kitchen black chairs
You don't always have to make a major overhaul in a room to make a difference. I was reminded of that decorating truth when I saw…
Gracious Old Home on the Water For Sale in Savannah | hookedonhouses.net
When I saw this beautiful old house for sale in Savannah, Georgia, I came down with a serious case of porch envy. Not only does it have…

Comments

1. Imre Zat says

Such a wonderful house! Where is it in Pennsylvania?

It IS amazing what all their work accomplished. Love what the wood floors do for a room. Her house definitely looks larger on the inside than it does on the outside. And I adore all that openness in the family room. Beautiful.

3. Karen says

Oh, I don’t know how she can part with that beauty! I’ll bet any potential buyers will try and negotiate keeping her furniture, which looks so perfect for each room :-)

4. Laura says

Amazing what can be done with a house that started out pretty boring. I love all of the added woodwork, and it’s furnished beautifully. It must be hard to leave, but if “Miss Mustard Seed” is like me, she’s probably excited about getting to decorate a whole new place.

Wonderful!
    She hit every note, in my mind!
    Maybe I wouldn’t do that white marble floor in the kitchen, but only because we have 2 black dogs + 1 black kitty! 😉
    I love eastern Pennsylvania; I forwarded this post to my friend who lives near Philly.

6. Alie B says

This is incredible! It looks nothing like the original interior! Another great example of a home that was transformed by finishings, and didn’t need to be torn apart, to affect big change. Would you call this French Country, Julia?

What an incredible post! Very pretty! I loved seeing even more photos. I also love all of the added woodwork, and it’s furnished marvelously. Wood floor is awesome. House definitely looks larger on the inside than it does on the outside. Thanks so much for thoughtful and inspirational post.

Beautiful! You always bring us great homes to inspire us. You know whose home I would really love to see is jays! ( dream builders). I am sure his wife is happy everyday!

9. Cheryl in Wisconsin says

It is not hard to understand why she is an internet sensation.

10. Susan says

Gorgeous home! And, I love the area. One of my all time favorite restaurants is in Gettysburg. Looking for the listing!

I follow her but have never seen the exterior of her house, love the new look! She is pretty amazing and talented, had no idea she was selling though, behind on my reading list for sure!

12. Screendoorgirl 3 says

So pretty! Good luck to Marian and her family. I will have her dining room forever pinned onto my “Dining Room Ideas” board. Bloggers are awesome!

13. Deborah says

I do love her taste! can you tell me where I could get the pictures of the Cow’s. I saw two on her walls. My Mother In Law and I have always wanted big beautiful pictures of cow’s, they are so peaceful looking. There is no way I could leave this house.

Linking to this today. Wouldn’t it be amazing to purchase a blogger’s finished house? Nothing more to do. Done. Beautiful.

15. Cheryl says

Whoa! I am blown away! I have been reading both of your blogs for several years – and I had NO idea that she lives so close to me! I’m about 30 minutes to her east! And…I’m currently house hunting! :) Unfortunately though, I promised my kids to stay in our current school district.