Celeb Estate: Brooke Shields Buys Classic Hamptons House

by hookedonhouses on April 18, 2013

Brooke Shields $4.3 million house in HamptonsBrooke Shields seems to have great taste. Remember her Greenwich Village townhouse? So when I heard that she’s plunking down $4.3 million on a circa-1920 shingled house in the Hamptons, I had to check it out.

Brooke Shields Hamptons house 413 (12)

Love the front porch. All the tall hedges provide some privacy from the street and neighbors.

Brooke Shields Hamptons house 413 (8)

The listing says the house has 6 bedrooms. It doesn’t look that big, does it?

Brooke Shields Hamptons house 413 (7)

I’d love to see how it all looks after she moves in and redecorates.

Brooke Shields Hamptons house 413 (10)

Brooke Shields Hamptons house 413 (4)

Brooke Shields Hamptons house 413 (3)

Brooke Shields Hamptons house 413 (9)

Brooke Shields Hamptons house 413 (11)

It sits on a half-acre lot with a heated pool. For more photos and information, check the article on Trulia.

Brooke Shields Hamptons house 413 (1)

Several of you recommended Brooke’s now-canceled show Lipstick Jungle to me, and I finally got around to watching it last week (it’s streaming on Netflix). You guys were right–great sets!

Lipstick Jungle TV show cast

Brooke Shields played movie-exec Wendy Healy, and I loved her New York City apartment. I couldn’t find any photos of it, so I took a screenshot from one of the episodes to give you an idea of what it looked like:

Brooke Shields Wendy's apartment Lipstick Jungle 2

I’ve only got about 4 episodes left to watch and I’m sad it’s about to end. Another great set on Lipstick Jungle belonged to fashion designer Victory Ford:

Victory Ford's living room on Lipstick Jungle

BTW, you can see photos Brooke’s chic real-life New York apartment (love her kitchen!) here:

Brooke-Shields-at home in NY-Architectural Digest 3-12

Hooked on Celebrity Real Estate? Click here to see all the others I’ve featured!

Maddie May April 18, 2013 at 6:57 am

Absolutely delightful. Love so many details. The exterior shingles, porch, architectural style of the home. The kitchen cabinets are quaint looking & the lightness of the interior is very appealing. The price unfortunately makes this home only something I can dream about.

Kay April 18, 2013 at 7:11 am

The Hamptons! Road trip! Maybe we can be BFF’s with Ina Garten! Love Brooke’s house, of course. I popped over + had a look-see at her NYC apartment + fell in love with her dark-ish gray (Benjamin Moore’s Chelsea Gray) room with all the white woodwork. I am trying to muster up the courage to paint a south-facing room in our house a dark-ish gray, + this helps! TY!
K A Y

missgulfsouth April 18, 2013 at 11:15 am

I was going to suggest to Julia maybe doing a post on Ina’s house. Road trip? I’m ready!!! ;)

Kay April 19, 2013 at 10:54 am

Hola
Ina’s new barn was profiled in House Beautiful, + I think she designed their annual model kitchen, too. But back to her barn. That long island, with the pair of lamps on each end! The vaulted ceiling! The sisal carpet! Spare, Belgian-style decor! I have such a lady crush on Ina. I love + envy her life, don’t you? Road trip’s on!
K A Y

Kay redbirdv.wordpress.com April 19, 2013 at 2:20 pm

Okay, what a coincidence! I’m Facebook friends with Ina (isn’t everyone?), + today she posted about hers + Jeffrey’s recent trip to Brooklyn, searching out all the indie restaurants. How cool are they? Road trip detour to Brooklyn! ;-)
K A Y

hookedonhouses April 19, 2013 at 2:28 pm

Count me in! :)

missgulfsouth April 19, 2013 at 3:14 pm

Brooklyn, NYC, Long Island, The Hamptons…….mmmmmmm.

snaggy April 18, 2013 at 7:15 am

love it

Laura April 18, 2013 at 7:20 am

That’s a beautiful house, and it looks like a regular house right on a regular street, except of course it’s the Hamptons. I’m not seeing where 6 bedrooms are fitting into that either! If I was a bazillionaire and bought that, the first thing I’d do is rip out all of those blasted recessed lights. Good grief! The ceilings are polka-dotted with them in that family room and kitchen. Very jarring to me in an old house.

missgulfsouth April 18, 2013 at 11:17 am

Well, in the picture they are all on. It wouldn’t be that way all the time. I didn’t notice the ceiling, I was too busy drooling over the aqua glass lamps! ;)

House Crazy Sarah April 18, 2013 at 8:02 am

It’s lovely and modest and so light and airy. Brooke has good taste!

Alie B April 18, 2013 at 8:41 am

Love this! Looks like the perfect vacation home. Wonder if she’ll furnish it with La-Z-Boy!? ;)

Cindy April 18, 2013 at 9:41 am

I love it! Beautiful and bright and airy…ahhhhh. Reminds me that summer *might* actually arrive someday. :-\

Maya @ Completely Coastal April 18, 2013 at 11:00 am

It’s a super cute house! Love the simplicity… and the porch!

missgulfsouth April 18, 2013 at 11:13 am

What a great house! You really can’t go wrong with the Hamptons….. ;)

Margaret April 18, 2013 at 11:43 am

What a gorgeous house. I love the Hamptons’ style, the blue-and-white, and that porch. Beautiful.

I sat through every episode of Lipstick Jungle for the clothes and the apartments. The story left a lot to be desired but it sure was pretty to look at!

maryrose April 18, 2013 at 1:01 pm

Wow, lovely home! That kitchen is amazing, but I think I’d spend all my time on that front porch!

Jake's a Girl April 18, 2013 at 1:22 pm

I love this house!

Brandy April 18, 2013 at 3:29 pm

Wow, I really, really, really like this house–decor and furnishings included! B. Shields has good taste.

Does anyone else think that set from Lipstick Jungle looks like Will’s apartment from Will & Grace–just redecorated?

Jen M April 18, 2013 at 4:52 pm

I love this house!

nanne April 18, 2013 at 5:07 pm

love the house and can’t wait to see what she does with it. brooke’s greenwich home was so tasteful while at the same time fun. she has great taste.

Jen April 18, 2013 at 5:51 pm

its very nice I do like the idea of hoildays in the Hamptons

Christina April 18, 2013 at 6:14 pm

I love it.. What a gorgeous array of colors and the layout is just perfect for a home in the Hamptons. Gorgeous. A very good choice. I’ve seen so many homes there and they’re pretty plain or too ostentatious, opulent. This is perfect.. Love it. I’m sure it’s going to be a pretty penny.. But I would say worth it. Great ideas..

Kelly - Talk of the House April 18, 2013 at 6:24 pm

I love classic Hampton homes…what’s not to love about them?? This one is very beautiful. Just let me sit on that porch on the other side of the pool and gaze across it to the house..sigh. Perfection!

Esther George April 18, 2013 at 7:13 pm

You do realise now we are all going to expect after photos (No Pressure). It’s a beautiful home and the size I wouldn’t say no. Hi Julia thank you for sharing. Regards Esther from Sydney. PS you guys have gone through very rough times our hearts and thoughts are with you.

hookedonhouses April 18, 2013 at 7:32 pm

Thanks, Esther!

missgulfsouth April 19, 2013 at 10:57 am

What happened, Julia?????? I hope you are ok!!

hookedonhouses April 19, 2013 at 11:01 am

Oh, I’m fine! I believe Esther was referring to the explosion in Texas and bombings in Boston.

missgulfsouth April 19, 2013 at 12:55 pm

Oh, WHEW!!! I forgot she is overseas……well thank goodness you are ok. I was worried for a minute that maybe you had been one of the runners in Boston. ;)

Alie B April 19, 2013 at 11:19 am

I echo Esther’s sentiments, Julia. Your neighbours to the north are thinking of y’all at this difficult time. xo

hookedonhouses April 19, 2013 at 11:41 am

Thanks, Alie. It’s been a sad week, for sure.

Deanna April 18, 2013 at 7:28 pm

I loved the sets and clothes on Lipstick Jungle! I hate that they canceledit–I thought the women were wonderful, and that romantic storyline with Victory and the powerful business mogul played by Andrew McCarthy…rorrrr! He was very very sexay on that show. Meanwhile ahem Brooke Shields spends her money well :)

Nita April 18, 2013 at 8:41 pm

Such a disappointment seeing the outside and then the too light, too modern inside to go with it. I hate the inside.

Karen September 27, 2013 at 8:45 am

Totally agree – not liking the interior at all. And what’s up with the bedroom? It looks like nobody lives there and that weird placement of a TV . . . but the exterior is pretty!

Tracie April 18, 2013 at 11:14 pm

Oooh! Comfy and homey and bright! The palette is pretty blah, but I bet after they move in it will be delightful! I hope to see more pics in the future. We should all have such a lovely vacation home…..or only home! :)

Wendy April 18, 2013 at 11:25 pm

What a great house. I loved the kitchen. Simple but delicious. So nice to see a realization that kitchens don’t have to be huge to be gorgeous. I’d trade in a heartbeat.

Kim April 19, 2013 at 1:23 am

What a beautiful house inside and out. I love everything about it.

lilkunta April 19, 2013 at 2:47 am

the house seem smalls and all the furniture make it look cluttered and cramped.
and the sad part is these houses cost 3mill 4 mill 10 mill just bc they are in the
hamptons.

Erin April 19, 2013 at 8:23 am

Seriously, I love this one exactly as it is! It looks like the perfect, comfy family home. She has fabulous tastes!

Maddie April 19, 2013 at 9:50 am

I really love this house. It looks like a great family home, large enough for friends to visit. The scale looks really livable, and the bath and kitchen fixtures are classic.

Lisa@TheDecorGirl April 23, 2013 at 8:20 am

Super charming “cottage”! Love the look, the style, that glorious porch, but the kitchen? It is so small I couldn’t even change my mind let alone cook. But it is cute. :)

Karen April 30, 2013 at 12:04 pm

Nice home, but pricey. Love the details and the porch.

Chris September 24, 2013 at 7:48 am

Cashmere mafia and midsomer murders if u r into Britannia. Great blog.

hookedonhouses September 24, 2013 at 7:53 am

I haven’t seen Midsomer Murders but I think I noticed it streaming on Netflix. I’ll have to check again — thanks!