Inspired By: A Colorful Indoor Teepee

by hookedonhouses on February 20, 2013

Handmade Home-No-Sew Teepee

I’m totally enchanted by this DIY indoor teepee that Ashley and Jamin created for their kids–especially since there was no sewing involved. What a fun and colorful hide-out! Read how to create your own on their blog The Handmade Home.

Want to get my weekly newsletter via email so you don’t miss anything?

Carisa February 20, 2013 at 9:26 am

I don’t have kids but I’m pretty sure I need a teepee in my library.

Luciane at HomeBunch.com February 20, 2013 at 10:26 am

Oh, I can’t show this to my kids! They would go mad about it! This is the coolest thing for kids!
We really don’t need video games to keep them busy, eh?

Have a wonderful day, my friend.

xo

Luciane at HomeBunch.com

Kathy :) February 20, 2013 at 11:50 am

That is fantastic !!! My kids would have loved that when they were little, now I feel so guilty all they had were blankets, cushions and the coffee table lol

Julia, I just saw howie mandel’s beach house on kathie lee & hoda ….. it’s for sale, what a beauty….. thought of you, it would make a great post !!

Have a great day,
Kathy :)

hookedonhouses February 20, 2013 at 12:08 pm

I’m surprised it’s still on the market! I featured it last February if anyone wants to see it. It’s a great house:

Maria February 24, 2013 at 12:50 am

I was surprised too – it’s been awhile and it’s a lovely home!

Kelly - Talk of the House February 20, 2013 at 12:01 pm

I wonder if I could fit one of these in my classroom!! My students would love to read inside of that. I am going to have to read to see how they did that with no sewing…amazing.

Alie B February 20, 2013 at 12:34 pm

Adorable! So fun and creative! :-)

Rebecca C. February 20, 2013 at 12:56 pm

What a great idea. I horde fabric also. I have a hot glue gun. I might even have some wood left over from some project around the house. I need to do this project.

ashley @ the handmade home February 20, 2013 at 5:40 pm

Sweet sweet Julia! ;} You are too kind. Love your site as always! Hope you are well!

Patti February 21, 2013 at 11:36 am

I totally saw this the other day and had to pin it of course. I have the perfect spot to do one for my son.

Becky February 21, 2013 at 6:48 pm

Julia,
How about the “teepee” (can’t think quite what it should be called) in the movie “The Holiday” w/ Cameron Diaz and Jude Law? “Graham’s” (Jude Law) little girls have a darling one in their bedroom; I think you’d love it too!

hookedonhouses February 21, 2013 at 6:49 pm

Oh, yes! Loved that one, too. I featured Graham’s house from “The Holiday” several years ago. You can see the photos here:

Maria February 24, 2013 at 12:51 am