Bethenny Frankel’s Newly Remodeled Loft in NYC

Bethenny Frankel at home in Tribeca Loft

It’s funny. Over the years I’ve featured the houses of some major movie stars, but it’s the homes of reality-TV personalities that readers request most. Those of you who asked to see photos of Bethenny Frankel’s newly remodeled loft in TriBeCa are in luck because Traditional Home magazine featured it in their current issue.

Bethenny Frankel's Tribeca Loft Traditional Home-liv rm

The 3,400-square-foot luxury apartment is in Manhattan’s TriBeCa neighborhood. When she bought it, it was kind of a blank slate. She hired the mother-daughter design team Mariette Himes Gomez and Brooke Gomez for the remodel. “I loved the film Something’s Gotta Give, which reminds me of their style,” Bethenny told the mag.

Bethenny Frankel's Tribeca Loft Traditional Home-dining

Does anyone else remember watching Bethenny almost win The Apprentice back in 2005 when Martha Stewart was the one hiring and firing instead of Donald Trump? She came in second. I wonder where the winner is today? I couldn’t pick him/her out of this cast photo, I’m afraid…

The Apprentice Martha Stewart Bethenny Frankel 2005

Since then she starred on the Real Housewives of New York City

Real Housewives New York City Bethenny Frankel

…and became such a break-out star that she got her own shows, Bethenny Getting Married? and then Bethenny Ever After. She married Jason Hoppy in 2010 and they have a daughter named Bryn.

Bethenny-Frankel-Jason-Hoppy-baby Bryn

The remodel was filmed for her Bravo reality show Bethenny Ever After last year so viewers could follow along.

Bethenny Frankel and Jason Hoppy Bravo TV-new dining

Sadly, they announced their split in December, and so far it doesn’t sound very amicable.

Bethenny Frankel's Tribeca Loft Traditional Home-kitchen

Bethenny’s current project: her own talk show. She has a dedicated office in the loft and says, “Every single inch is utilized, and it’s very organized. It’s one of the most alive places in the apartment.”

Bethenny Frankel's Skinny Girl office-Trad Home

Bryn’s bedroom is sweet and pink with monkeys climbing the walls:

Bethenny Frankel's Tribeca Loft Traditional Home-Bryn's bedroom

The wallpaper in the master bedroom is by Ted Tyler.

Bethenny Frankel's Tribeca Loft Traditional Home-bedroom

They turned what was a den into a large closet, which she calls her favorite room. “I wanted a closet like this my whole life, and finally, I don’t have to shove things under the bed.”

Bethenny Frankel's Tribeca Loft Traditional Home-closet

Check the Feb/March 2013 issue of Traditional Home to read the article by Cathy Whitlock and see the rest of the photos by Joe Standart. Story produced with Jo Ann McVicker.

Julia-simple teal signature

P.S. Visit Celebrity Houses to see more, including:

Taylor Swift's Cape Cod Beach House

BHG beach house with red accents-living room
When February rolls around and Valentine's Day with it, I suddenly start craving more red in my house. The only room that has much of…
Jeremy Renner mansion for sale Holmby Hills LA
Who knew? Jeremy Renner, who got 2 Oscar noms for his roles in The Town and The Hurt Locker, has a second career as a…

What a nice and bright space. There’s a lesson to be learned here, though. Even those with the finances to buy/create/have any material items they want still have problems. I wonder if she would be willing to trade it all in for a happy marriage…..Hmmmm.

All right… this is a bit too cold for me, too modern, too contemporary. Having said that, her bedroom and the little girl’s bedroom are the only rooms I actually love. They feel warm, welcoming and cozy. That’s more my style. 😉

Have a lovely day, my beautiful friend!

Luciane at

3. Screendoorgirl 3 says

It’s fun to see how the other half lives! Not my style but for the closet. That is a dream , for sure!

4. mollie d says

I love it, but when people use bikes as accessories, it’s too much. Yeah right Bethany rides a bike….

5. ShabbyChick says

I would totally believe she rides a bike! I’ve seen her in jogging gear. She doesn’t come across nearly as fake as some of those other women. I pinned the bedrooms – Bryn’s room is as sweet as can be!!!
    And if I recall correctly, the winner on MS Apprentice that year was the blonde sitting front left with dark suit, collared shirt and pearls. I don’t remember her name and haven’t seen her since. 😉

• ShabbyChick says

And can anyone tell me, is that Shawn from QVC – back row in red? Looks just like her!

• ShabbyChick says

Oh, I just love Shawn – such a doll! I didn’t recall seeing her on the show, but that was back before I started watching QVC. She should have won!

I am on Bethenny overload. I was one that followed her from MS show on. The split does sound ugly. How sad that they have that beautiful place that will not be for a sweet happy family. I love that wallpaper in Bryns room. So cute. I feel like a child could out grow that pretty fast. So maybe for the budget child’s room that in a duvet or drapes would be a better use? I am totally going to obsess over that wallpaper now!

7. Jennah says

Does anyone live here? I find it cold and random. Except for the 2 bedrooms, I find the whole space very blah and generic. Those space-age columns are hideous and belong on the set of the Jetsons.

8. DB says

That pic of Bethenny with her ex hubby and the baby says it all …. She’s mugging for the camera, her baby looking like a prop, as though it means little to her… Just about had my fill with all these no talent “reality” stars. Whatever happened to stars that could really act and sing and dance – who actually earned their celebrity by creating some art?

9. Alie B says

Lovely bedrooms, especially the little girl’s room! The rest of the place leaves me feeling a bit cold.

• says

I think we all at some stage wonder about our “Dream House”. The amazing thing is that for some, it means a cozy little place in the mountains and then, at the other end of the spectrum we get this.
      I cannot help but to wonder who will enjoy their dream house the most.

10. Jean says

If I remember correctly, wasn’t Bill Rancic (Guiliana’s husband) the first winner of The Apprentice? Anyway, this apartment?? Do. Not. Like. At. All. Ms. Frankel rubs me the wrong way as well-too many accounts of her fakeness.

• 65andcounting says

I’ve met Bethanny a few times and I can tell you she’s not remotely fake. She’s who she is in public and in private. She’s out there, driven, focused, and has a flair for the dramatic and in having that personality, she’s successfully branded herself into a multi-millionaire. I suspect, but I don’t know for fact, that being the less visible and lesser earning husband of a very vibrant and busy woman was the ungluing of the marriage. Men have a tough time being the partner of such a dynamo.

Bethanny was on the Martha Stewart Apprentice. Bill Rancic was in Donald Trump’s version.

absolutely love the little girl’s room & all of the light in the space. the rest of it is ok.

• Tracie says

I also love the little girl’s room, but feel strongly against the rest of the house. Not my style at all. I like her margaritas, though! :)

12. The Country Girl says

Nothing in that apartment remotely resembles the set of “Something’s Gotta Give,” did she just make that up out of thin air?

13. Jen says

I really like this a lot however all the white white looks great would be a bit hard to keep
    Its such a shame her marriage didn’t work and things seem to have gotten nasty

14. Suzy says

Too cold, too many shoes. 1 out of 5 American children are living in poverty. Ms. Frankel doesn’t do it for me. Sorry….Love your blog, Julia!

I remember all of those shows. I was sad to hear that they are splitting up. This apartment is not what I would have expected from that design duo. Wonder if one of them will keep it, or sell it?

16. Maria says

Not really my style, but has that NY look to it and fits her. Don’t really see any SGG in it except maybe the master bed? Sad news about their split.