Bethenny Frankel’s Newly Remodeled Loft in NYC

by hookedonhouses on February 13, 2013

Bethenny Frankel at home in Tribeca Loft

It’s funny. Over the years I’ve featured the houses of some major movie stars, but it’s the homes of reality-TV personalities that readers request most. Those of you who asked to see photos of Bethenny Frankel’s newly remodeled loft in TriBeCa are in luck because Traditional Home magazine featured it in their current issue. Take a look:

Bethenny Frankel's Tribeca Loft Traditional Home-liv rm

The 3,400-square-foot luxury apartment is in Manhattan’s TriBeCa neighborhood. When she bought it, it was kind of a blank slate. She hired the mother-daughter design team Mariette Himes Gomez and Brooke Gomez for the remodel. “I loved the film Something’s Gotta Give, which reminds me of their style,” Bethenny told the mag.

Bethenny Frankel's Tribeca Loft Traditional Home-dining

Does anyone else remember watching Bethenny almost win The Apprentice back in 2005 when Martha Stewart was the one hiring and firing instead of Donald Trump? She came in second. I wonder where the winner is today? I couldn’t pick him/her out of this cast photo, I’m afraid…

The Apprentice Martha Stewart Bethenny Frankel 2005

Since then she starred on the Real Housewives of New York City

Real Housewives New York City Bethenny Frankel

…and became such a break-out star that she got her own shows, Bethenny Getting Married? and then Bethenny Ever After. She married Jason Hoppy in 2010 and they have a daughter named Bryn.

Bethenny-Frankel-Jason-Hoppy-baby Bryn

The remodel was filmed for her Bravo reality show Bethenny Ever After last year so viewers could follow along. You can see photos of how it looked before, during and after on the Bravo website. Here’s one of Bethenny and Jason at their new dining table:

Bethenny Frankel and Jason Hoppy Bravo TV-new dining

Sadly, they announced their split in December, and so far it doesn’t sound very amicable.

Bethenny Frankel's Tribeca Loft Traditional Home-kitchen

Bethenny’s current project: her own talk show. She has a dedicated office in the loft and says, “Every single inch is utilized, and it’s very organized. It’s one of the most alive places in the apartment.”

Bethenny Frankel's Skinny Girl office-Trad Home

Bryn’s bedroom is sweet and pink with monkeys climbing the walls:

Bethenny Frankel's Tribeca Loft Traditional Home-Bryn's bedroom

The wallpaper in the master bedroom is by Ted Tyler.

Bethenny Frankel's Tribeca Loft Traditional Home-bedroom

They turned what was a den into a large closet, which she calls her favorite room. “I wanted a closet like this my whole life, and finally, I don’t have to shove things under the bed.”

Bethenny Frankel's Tribeca Loft Traditional Home-closet

Check the Feb/March 2013 issue of Traditional Home to read the article by Cathy Whitlock and see the rest of the photos by Joe Standart. Story produced with Jo Ann McVicker. For more information about Bethenny, visit her website.

Hooked on Celebrity House Tours? Click here to see more, including:

Bill & Giuliana Rancic's house in CA

Want to get my weekly newsletter via email so you don’t miss anything?

Janette@The2Seasons February 13, 2013 at 8:07 am

What a nice and bright space. There’s a lesson to be learned here, though. Even those with the finances to buy/create/have any material items they want still have problems. I wonder if she would be willing to trade it all in for a happy marriage…..Hmmmm.

House Crazy Sarah February 13, 2013 at 9:17 am

well, lot’s of white but they have made it a fun space nonetheless! (Colorful shoe collection!)

Property Peter February 13, 2013 at 9:35 am

This is an amazing home collection to say the least. That kid!

Luciane at HomeBunch.com February 13, 2013 at 9:57 am

All right… this is a bit too cold for me, too modern, too contemporary. Having said that, her bedroom and the little girl’s bedroom are the only rooms I actually love. They feel warm, welcoming and cozy. That’s more my style. ;-)

Have a lovely day, my beautiful friend!

xo

Luciane at HomeBunch.com

Luciane at HomeBunch.com February 13, 2013 at 9:58 am

Oh, I forgot about her closet!!! Gee.. How could I?! Yep, I want that too! :-)

xo

Luciane at HomeBunch.com

Screendoorgirl 3 February 13, 2013 at 10:12 am

It’s fun to see how the other half lives! Not my style but for the closet. That is a dream , for sure!

mollie d February 13, 2013 at 10:15 am

I love it, but when people use bikes as accessories, it’s too much. Yeah right Bethany rides a bike….

ShabbyChick February 13, 2013 at 10:31 am

I would totally believe she rides a bike! I’ve seen her in jogging gear. She doesn’t come across nearly as fake as some of those other women. I pinned the bedrooms – Bryn’s room is as sweet as can be!!!
And if I recall correctly, the winner on MS Apprentice that year was the blonde sitting front left with dark suit, collared shirt and pearls. I don’t remember her name and haven’t seen her since. ;)

ShabbyChick February 13, 2013 at 10:34 am

And can anyone tell me, is that Shawn from QVC – back row in red? Looks just like her!

LilMom3 February 13, 2013 at 8:46 pm

Yes, That is Shawn from QVC!

hookedonhouses February 13, 2013 at 10:38 am

I think you’re right about the winner! Was it Dawn something?

ShabbyChick February 14, 2013 at 11:23 am

Oh, I just love Shawn – such a doll! I didn’t recall seeing her on the show, but that was back before I started watching QVC. She should have won!

Nicole Mulvany February 13, 2013 at 12:27 pm

I am on Bethenny overload. I was one that followed her from MS show on. The split does sound ugly. How sad that they have that beautiful place that will not be for a sweet happy family. I love that wallpaper in Bryns room. So cute. I feel like a child could out grow that pretty fast. So maybe for the budget child’s room that in a duvet or drapes would be a better use? I am totally going to obsess over that wallpaper now!

KellyW February 13, 2013 at 12:31 pm

Looks like it’s still a blank slate!

Jennah February 13, 2013 at 1:19 pm

Does anyone live here? I find it cold and random. Except for the 2 bedrooms, I find the whole space very blah and generic. Those space-age columns are hideous and belong on the set of the Jetsons.

DB February 13, 2013 at 2:08 pm

That pic of Bethenny with her ex hubby and the baby says it all …. She’s mugging for the camera, her baby looking like a prop, as though it means little to her… Just about had my fill with all these no talent “reality” stars. Whatever happened to stars that could really act and sing and dance – who actually earned their celebrity by creating some art?

Alie B February 13, 2013 at 2:23 pm

Lovely bedrooms, especially the little girl’s room! The rest of the place leaves me feeling a bit cold.

Building Wizard February 14, 2013 at 11:07 am

I think we all at some stage wonder about our “Dream House”. The amazing thing is that for some, it means a cozy little place in the mountains and then, at the other end of the spectrum we get this.
I cannot help but to wonder who will enjoy their dream house the most.

Jean February 13, 2013 at 3:40 pm

If I remember correctly, wasn’t Bill Rancic (Guiliana’s husband) the first winner of The Apprentice? Anyway, this apartment?? Do. Not. Like. At. All. Ms. Frankel rubs me the wrong way as well-too many accounts of her fakeness.

hookedonhouses February 13, 2013 at 3:53 pm

That’s right! Bill Rancic was the first Apprentice winner.

65andcounting February 13, 2013 at 4:06 pm

I’ve met Bethanny a few times and I can tell you she’s not remotely fake. She’s who she is in public and in private. She’s out there, driven, focused, and has a flair for the dramatic and in having that personality, she’s successfully branded herself into a multi-millionaire. I suspect, but I don’t know for fact, that being the less visible and lesser earning husband of a very vibrant and busy woman was the ungluing of the marriage. Men have a tough time being the partner of such a dynamo.

Bethanny was on the Martha Stewart Apprentice. Bill Rancic was in Donald Trump’s version.

nannecutler@aol.com February 13, 2013 at 6:33 pm

absolutely love the little girl’s room & all of the light in the space. the rest of it is ok.

Tracie February 15, 2013 at 9:41 pm

I also love the little girl’s room, but feel strongly against the rest of the house. Not my style at all. I like her margaritas, though! :)

The Country Girl February 13, 2013 at 7:00 pm

Nothing in that apartment remotely resembles the set of “Something’s Gotta Give,” did she just make that up out of thin air?

Jann Newton February 14, 2013 at 8:41 am

Exactly what I thought!

Nancy Hood February 13, 2013 at 8:28 pm

To one of my very favorite writers and blog! A small shout out but nonetheless I wanted you to know :) have a great week! love, Nancy

hookedonhouses February 13, 2013 at 8:49 pm

Thanks, Nancy–I appreciate that! :-)

Jen February 13, 2013 at 9:31 pm

I really like this a lot however all the white white looks great would be a bit hard to keep
Its such a shame her marriage didn’t work and things seem to have gotten nasty

Kim February 14, 2013 at 12:28 am

This is not my style at all, but it was fun to look at.

Tammy February 14, 2013 at 5:49 am

Hard and cold, like Bethenny.

Rebecca@MidcenturyModernRemodel February 14, 2013 at 8:41 pm

Oh my the closet. The shoes. Oh my.

stef February 14, 2013 at 8:48 pm

It’s colder than a hospital ward. That poor little baby.

Suzy February 14, 2013 at 9:29 pm

Too cold, too many shoes. 1 out of 5 American children are living in poverty. Ms. Frankel doesn’t do it for me. Sorry….Love your blog, Julia!

Linda @ My Crafty Home Life February 22, 2013 at 6:49 pm

I remember all of those shows. I was sad to hear that they are splitting up. This apartment is not what I would have expected from that design duo. Wonder if one of them will keep it, or sell it?

Maria February 24, 2013 at 12:47 am

Not really my style, but has that NY look to it and fits her. Don’t really see any SGG in it except maybe the master bed? Sad news about their split.

Brenda working on her house remodel April 10, 2013 at 9:57 am

Oh my. I love it! I really do wonder what will happen to this apartment. BEAUTIFUL place.

{ 3 trackbacks }