Patina Style

by hookedonhouses on August 3, 2011

Fans of Brooke Giannetti’s popular blog Velvet & Linen, rejoice! You can now drool over the interiors that she and architect-husband Steve Giannetti have designed in a gorgeous, hardcover book they’ve just published called Patina Style. Brooke kindly sent me a copy and when it landed on my doorstep last week, it was like Christmas in July.

The photos are beautiful–just look at this romantic bedroom. And who wouldn’t want to work from an officeĀ  like hers, surrounded by windows and a garden view?

I fell in love with their house back in 2009 when I first discovered Brooke’s blog. (I featured it here.) It’s fun to look back and see those photos and compare the rooms to how they look now.

I also found it interesting to read their thoughts on how and why they create rooms like these. You can learn more about Patina Style on Velvet & Linen and order your copy here.

Have you read any good design books lately?

Luciane at Homebunch.com August 3, 2011 at 7:37 am

Wow!!! I can’t believe you have it! Sent by Brooke! I’m so happy for you and isn’t it so nice of her?

I’m so proud of Brooke and Steve. This book is simply marvelous and I know it will be a huge success!

Have a wonderful day.

xo

Luciane at HomeBunch.com

Rebecca Regnier August 3, 2011 at 7:46 am

Love the texture combined with the elegant look! Thank you for sharing.

Mary August 3, 2011 at 7:49 am

What a beautiful book – so romantic and gorgeous – I LOVE this style.
Mary

Karena August 3, 2011 at 8:15 am

Brooke and Steve have the best taste and I love following along their blog!!

I am so excited to read the book Patina Style!

xoxo
Karena

Art by Karena

cherylk August 3, 2011 at 10:00 am

Looks like a winner, for sure. Just gazing at these photos makes me want to paint everything in my house white! So fresh and clean looking.

Kathryn Griffin August 3, 2011 at 11:06 am

Love, love, love this! Will definitely be buying this! Thanks for posting.

Kerry Rossow August 3, 2011 at 11:51 am

This is soooo going on my Christmas list!
Kerry at housetalkn.blogspot.com

Bre August 3, 2011 at 1:10 pm

How fabulous is this?! And how fabulous that you received a copy of her book? Such gorgeous rooms, that office is killer-who wouldn’t be inspired to write surrounded by all that loveliness?

MaryMc August 3, 2011 at 2:31 pm

It’s gorgeous! What else can I say? Thanks for sharing, Julia.

Arie August 3, 2011 at 3:23 pm

Wrought iron, white paint, wood paneled walls and ceilings….*swoon*!
Especially wonderful is that chair in the office, the small French style one! If I could only find one of those, but then again, in my 250 sqft cottage, I wouldn’t have anywhere to put it! So I have to settle for daydreaming.
Just lovely!

Arie from TheUglyBarnFarm.blogspot.com

velvet and linen August 3, 2011 at 4:01 pm

I’m so glad your copy arrived safe and sound, Julia!
Thank you for sharing Patina Style with your readers, and thank you to your readers for all of their wonderful comments!

xo
Brooke

Susan (Between Naps on the Porch) August 3, 2011 at 5:50 pm

Oh, Julia…I know it’s wonderful! Can’t wait to get my hands on a copy. Thanks for letting us know it’s available now.

Karen T. August 3, 2011 at 5:55 pm

I received my copy about 1 1/2 to 2 weeks ago and am loving every page of it! Of course, I love the blog too.

Kim August 4, 2011 at 12:07 am

I’ve never heard of Patina Style magazine until now, and everything looks very nice and gorgeous. I would love to have these designs in my house.

Thanks for sharing these with us.

Lori-Anne August 4, 2011 at 10:45 pm

I am lusting after that little office space – specifically those gorgeous books! Yum!

toronto painting contractors September 29, 2011 at 12:57 am

I quickly realized that Patina Style is not just a book full of beautiful interiors, but a philosophy and a way of life. This is t very nice book, You provide a great information. Thanks for nice posting.

{ 1 trackback }