Sarah Jessica Parker’s Hamptons House

by hookedonhouses on April 29, 2009

Sarah Jessica Parker and Matthew Broderick are expecting! According to People magazine: “The Hollywood couple, who already have son James Wilkie, 6, announced Tuesday they’re ‘happily anticipating the birth of their twin daughters later this summer with the generous help of a surrogate. The entire family is overjoyed.’”

In honor of their happy news, I thought I’d post some photos of their home in Bridgehampton, New York, which appeared a couple of years ago in Elle Decor.

Her friend Eric Hughes helped them decorate it, even though he wasn’t an interior designer. According to the article by Stacie Stukin, “He knew he wanted to create a place that could handle sandy feet, damp bathing suits, and lots of people. He was a California boy who grew up in Newport Beach, so he knew all about beachy weekend life.”

This red, black and white kitchen makes me smile:

A Little Trivia…

• They have famous neighbors: Kelly Ripa and Mark Consuelos live nearby.
  • She wore 81 different outfits as Carrie Bradshaw in the Sex and the City Movie.
  • She was introduced to Matthew Broderick by her brother, Timothy Britten Parker.
  • She, Matthew, and their son James Wilkie are all left-handed.

I love the roomy wraparound porch:

Photos by William Waldron for Elle Decor, where you can read the article and see the rest of the house. Check out my Celebrity Houses page to see more of your faves.

P.S. Sarah Jessica Parker & Matthew Broderick Are Selling Their NYC Townhouse:

Sarah Jessica Parker Matthew Broderick Greenwich Village Townhouse

Check Out the Pics of Houses Featured in Some of Their Movies Over the Years:

Want to get my weekly newsletter via email so you don’t miss anything?

melissa April 29, 2009 at 11:16 pm

I’m from Bridgehampton & now live in chigago. I go home every summer. I’ll have to give you a photo tour this summer of celeb homes & hot spots! :) It will be fun. My daughter rode in the Hampton classic with Kelly Ripa’s daughter…I see Kelly Ripa & a ton of celebs everyday. It is a lot of fun! I promise you a fun insiders post!! :) Her house is very nice & one of the more understated homes in BH…a place where it’s VERY easy to get caught up.

melissa’s last blog post..Lechuza Caracas- Follow up

Emily@remodelingthislife April 30, 2009 at 6:35 am

be still my beating heart, i love it! the kitchen – swoon!!

i love that it’s not over the top, but really looks cozy and natural and down to earth.

Emily@remodelingthislife’s last blog post..Strawberry Spritzer

Ellycat April 30, 2009 at 6:38 am

Oh yes the kitchen! Apart from the giant apple it is the kitchen I would have if I could! Porch is fantastic too. But hate the blue butterfly bathroom. Yuck!

Suzann April 30, 2009 at 6:54 am

The exterior of the home is lovely and I adore those wide planked hardwood floors, but over all the decor is
a bit too contemporary for me. Nice, but not “me”. Of course, I’m not swanky like SJP and MB either. LOL.
SJP is one of my all-time favorites, so I am so thankful for you sharing this.

Suzann’s last blog post..The Walls Come Tumbling Down…

christy April 30, 2009 at 7:07 am

Oh I just love this house! And I love that they’re having twins! Yeah for them! She’s one of my favorite actresses. I’m actually surprised by how much I love the interiors, because I am normally drawn to rooms with lots of colors on the walls – but she’s managed to make each room colorful with the furnishings and decorations, while leaving the walls white and I think it looks brilliant. Fabulous post, as usual, Julia!

christy’s last blog post..Not to be judgemental, but…

Phillips Phamily Mama April 30, 2009 at 7:37 am

Love it! Personality galore. Totally fits her style. The dining room is great inspiration for garage sale find chairs and how to make them look like a set by painting them all the same color.

No railings=easy party flow!

Phillips Phamily Mama’s last blog post..Make My Monday

Trish@TheOldPostRoad April 30, 2009 at 8:22 am

Thanks for that post! Glad to see my kitchen floor is the same as theirs!

Trish@TheOldPostRoad’s last blog post..Country Home

Suzette April 30, 2009 at 8:58 am

Love it!!! Totally liveable. .

Jane @ Beach House April 30, 2009 at 9:16 am

It would be so easy to move right in. I wouldn’t think there were ever railings on the steps – you only need railings to stop people falling off the sides. I like the wide open steps a lot, guests can move easily from the lawn to the porch

Jane @ Beach House’s last blog post..High to Low: Porcelain Stools

Beth April 30, 2009 at 9:49 am

I’m actually surprised it isn’t more glammed-up. I guess that’s the point of a weekend / summer house, though – take a break from the intensity of city living during the week! I LOVE the different black chairs around the white table – very relaxed but striking!

Christine April 30, 2009 at 9:51 am

I love all of the different chairs in the dining room, so cool!

Christine’s last blog post..::Insert Smile Here::

Maya@Completely-Coastal April 30, 2009 at 10:26 am

I love it. So relaxed!

Maya@Completely-Coastal’s last blog post..Beach Lovin’ Dogs

AnNicole@OurSuburbanCottage April 30, 2009 at 10:30 am

Interesting. I love the dining room with the mismatched black chairs, blue light covers and white table/walls. I also love the red bedroom and the porch. Yep, I could handle having that porch.

AnNicole@OurSuburbanCottage’s last blog post..Garage Sale Pile to Treasure

Mom in High Heels April 30, 2009 at 10:51 am

Except for the mirrored desk and big apple in the kitchen, I love it. It seem so, comfortable. I love the different styles of chairs in the dining room and the bedroom with the red comforter looks very IKEA. Actually we have an IKEA bed that looks almost exactly like that (it’s in storage right now) and the duvet that goes on it is very similar to the red one shown, only in blue (also from IKEA). Do you think SJP shops IKEA? How funny would that be?

Mom in High Heels’s last blog post..The Mean Mommy

Kellye April 30, 2009 at 11:04 am

I love the outside of the house, but I’m not feeling the inside. It’s just so not me! Of course, I’m one of those people who aren’t too keen on SJP, either.

Lili April 30, 2009 at 12:08 pm

I love love love the porch, and facade. However…. the inside is really stark and white… a little too washed out for my taste.

PamperingBeki April 30, 2009 at 12:46 pm

I really do love it!

It looks casual and fresh and bright.

I’m not a fan of formal decor.

And Kelly and Mark as my neighbors? Yeah, I could handle that.

Terry Kearns April 30, 2009 at 1:05 pm

I like that it’s not huge, isn’t obviously a celebrity mansion. The decorative feature I like the best the blue ceiling on the porch. Don’t they have bugs in the Hamptons? Down here you really need screens to enjoy your porch.

Terry Kearns’s last blog post..You are invited: Epic Design Event, April 29, 2009!!!!!

desiree April 30, 2009 at 2:09 pm

That porch is for me! Also I love the green chair and the chandelier with the turquoise shades. Julia, I’d be on that porch with a book and a pitcher of iced tea…..

Victoria @ DesignTies April 30, 2009 at 2:20 pm

I love the aesthetic of this house, Julia… I can see myself living comfortably in a home like this. Right now I’m working on a project for design class where I’m incorporating mis-matched black chairs. Imagine how please I was to see this dining room photo! I’ve copied it and will use it in my presentation because it’s a perfect example of what I’m envisioning! I guess my ideas aren’t all that original ;-)
Thanks for sharing!
Victoria @ DesignTies
P.S. There are railings on the porch, just not down the front where the stairs take you to the yard.

Laura April 30, 2009 at 2:45 pm

I love it, apart from the bathroom. Is that them pictured above the dresser? Oh to be SJP for a day :)

Laura’s last blog post..May Mini Goals

Things That Inspire April 30, 2009 at 5:57 pm

Interesting news! A friend of mine just had twin girls with a gestational carrier, which means that the embryo (created from my friend and her husband’s egg and sperm) was implanted. She told me that a surrogate is someone was has been inseminated with the man’s sperm, and the surrogate’s egg. Maybe too much for a house blog!!!! But, when I looked it up, it looks like surrogate can cover both types of situations. I assume in this case it is SJP and MB’s biological child.

Things That Inspire’s last blog post..Square Art

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality April 30, 2009 at 7:05 pm

Yeah, I like this house just fine! Wanted to wish you a belated Happy Birthday week. hope you had a great day!

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality’s last blog post..A Free Fountain

kristen@ PajamaMama April 30, 2009 at 7:06 pm

oh, for a hamptons home!

kristen@ PajamaMama’s last blog post..{Mom & Big Sis Spring Tops}

from the right bank April 30, 2009 at 7:07 pm

I really like the bedrooms and the kitchen. Great choice of colors.

from the right bank’s last blog post..More Black & White Stripes

Karen April 30, 2009 at 7:24 pm

Well what’s wrong with me?:) The only thing I like is the beautiful porch . . .oh and I took a real dislike to the 30s hospital-type bed in the white and red bedroom. But I do love this couple!

Tam April 30, 2009 at 11:29 pm

A playful decor- just like the couple! It wasn’t exactly how I would envision their home. Although I like some things about it, and others not my style. I do love wrap around porches like that!~Tam :P

Tam’s last blog post..L@@K what I won~ I am so excited to show you!

Fifi Flowers April 30, 2009 at 11:47 pm

I remember seeing this home… very simple… homey… c’est normal, n’ est-ce pas?
Thank you for linking this one to moi!
ENJOY your weekend!
Fifi

Fifi Flowers’s last blog post..Fashionable Flying home with Paris on my Mind…

Jenny May 1, 2009 at 12:29 am

That is a cute house. It’s so simple and peaceful.

Jenny’s last blog post..Hooked On Fridays

Leeann May 1, 2009 at 1:09 am

That french armchair is fabulous and I adore the wraparound porch.

Bonne weekend

Leeann’s last blog post..Fabulously French Fashionable Friday

Robin May 1, 2009 at 9:16 am

The outside facade is in such contrast with the interior, specifically, the kitchen. I would have much preferred a huge farm house kitchen (think Ina Garten’s) as opposed to the current style.

The porch is sensational!

Blakely May 1, 2009 at 10:38 am

I would definately live there.

Blakely’s last blog post..One Delicious Meal!

jeweledrabbit/Maureen May 1, 2009 at 3:52 pm

I’m ordinarily not impressed by the homes of celebrities, because they are by and large ostentatious. But I love this home. I could totally live there.

ida May 2, 2009 at 12:50 am

i love the porch too. it is the bomb.

Barb May 2, 2009 at 11:55 am

Lovely, homey house, especially the yummy back porch. The choice of white walls with colour only added via furniture and accessories is interesting – very flexible. The rooms without much in the way of wall art and/or window treatments look a bit bottom-heavy, though.

greenie May 5, 2009 at 10:41 pm

Adorable house, but could the walls be any whiter? It’s absolutely blinding. Other than that, I love the furnishings and the porch. Looks like a great getaway.

Angela May 6, 2009 at 7:44 am

Because I must get to work, I’m only skimmed this post. I stopped at the blue chandelier over the table and drooled for a few minutes! WOW!
~angela @ peonypatch

Angela’s last blog post..Kiddy

nicola May 17, 2009 at 4:54 am

Cooie I love this place! Very chic and simple, it seems though that the huge apple print in the kitchen is not a popular feature but I adore it! Any ideas where I can get one from?

Mrs C May 18, 2009 at 1:13 pm

So love this style…

Moi May 20, 2009 at 10:00 pm

I like the house but am not wild about the contemporary furnishings or the kitchen.

I’d like it to look more English Country.

I like that it’s not over-the-top or ostentatious.

Becky @Farmgirl Paints May 31, 2009 at 8:04 pm

Very nice! Doesn’t really seem to fit their image in my mind of being Modern New Yorkers. Lovely home:)

Becky @Farmgirl Paints’s last blog post..Sending all my love

Elaine June 1, 2009 at 10:56 pm

Isnt it so layed back shows you some hollywood stars are just peole at the end of the day, like you & me. Its a real home to live in.

Elaine’s last blog post..At The Beach

Kakalina June 2, 2009 at 8:22 pm

Love the house – love the exterior and the wood – not too sure about the Apple in the kitchen – quirky kind of decor – very well done – thanks for sharing.

ali June 18, 2009 at 6:54 pm

Sorry to say this but they don’t have the house in Bridgehampton their house is in Amagansett the house from Bridgehampton was sold a few years ago…I live in Amagansett and I saw her last night outside of her house here!!!

hookedonhouses June 18, 2009 at 7:15 pm

Ali–Thanks for the update! Think you can get us some pics of the new one? -Julia ;-)

Cristin September 10, 2009 at 8:19 pm

Beautiful home here too!

xo,
cristin
.-= Cristin´s last blog ..Parlor Design – Exquisite Transitional NYC Townhouse =-.

emilyc November 18, 2009 at 12:51 pm

Love it! Even the big red apple!

Joel December 19, 2009 at 1:12 am

Very cute!

InterGlassique April 7, 2010 at 1:58 pm

Had to say NO-NO top the chandelier over the dining table…

Sese May 5, 2010 at 7:11 pm

I like it..but bet the price is too much..yes, I know it was sold and they are elsewhere..but how homey is this place! would be great for an unknown like me, but not private enough for them..sad to say!..also suppose they moved for bigger place..with 3 kids now

Makennah May 11, 2010 at 10:37 am

Cute!!!!!!!!!!!! Now that is a happy family home! In my opinion. When I grow up though, mine will be very colorful, a bit of modern, but fun!

Christina August 11, 2010 at 9:10 pm

Now this is great. Not too precious like Paltrows. I love her as an actress, Paltrow that is, but that white was awful. Hopefully she added more color. Sarah Jessica was on Letterman talking about this house she and Matthew bought and she specifically said she didn’t want it to look too precious because she wanted some color and to make it comfortable for James, herself and Matthew and guests. As well as her two new daughters I’m sure, who weren’t born yet. She has a huge family. Lots of brothers and sisters. I love it. She paid about $2 million I believe she said or actually an Architectural Digest article I read. I love it. She has great taste in everything. I wish the show would have lasted at least 2 years longer and the new movie part II was great!!

Dominik November 6, 2010 at 4:52 pm

Hello guy´s!
Who knows the adress of the house?
(I´m not a Stalker!)
I´m only interested

Maaike Quinn December 29, 2010 at 1:23 pm

I love this house! For real, I’m in love! This is exactly the style I go for myself. Take the chair in the second picture or the kitchen or, well, just everything. To me, this house seems somewhat more European to me, instead of American that is. LOVE IT!!
.-= Maaike Quinn´s last blog ..Seven reasons why I love FlyLady =-.

Christina January 14, 2011 at 12:36 am

The bay window is great and the white bedroom. But quite simple taste considering most of those homes in the Hamptons are insanely ostentatious in decor..

{ 7 trackbacks }