Better Homes and Gardens’ book New Cottage Style ($19.95) seems like just the thing to read for Spring, so I’m giving a copy away this week as a part of the Bloggy Giveaway Carnival (read about the giveaway here).
Today also happens to be my 3-month “Blogiversary,” so this is a great way to celebrate all of the fun we’ve had since January. I’ve been amazed by the warm response my site has received from the blogosphere! Clearly, I’m not the only one who’s hooked on houses. Thanks to all of my readers, both new and old. I appreciate every single one of you!
New Cottage Living is perfect if you’re looking for:
- Decorating ideas to achieve a look that’s clean, simple, and light.
- Photos of new and remodeled homes that add style with architectural features.
- Secrets to creating harmony with paint, furniture, fabrics, and accessories.
- Examples for decorating in the country, suburbia, and oceanfront locations.
- Practical ideas to create the comfortable getaway look of your dreams.
- Effective color schemes that achieve a clear, serene palette.
If you’d like to win a copy of New Cottage Style, simply leave a comment on this post between now and Friday, April 25 at midnight (EST), and I’ll draw a name at random on Saturday. Check back then to see if you’re the winner! (Giveaway is open to residents of the U.S. and Canada.) If you have a blog, be sure to leave your URL so I can visit you in return!
BONUS: click the button at the bottom right-hand corner of this page that says “ADD TO MY TECHNORATI FAVORITES,” and I’ll add your name to the drawing twice. If you don’t already have a Technorati account, you’ll have to fill out some basic information about yourself to get one. So for non-Technorati’s who don’t want to join, you can mention in the comments why this site is one of your faves and get entered twice that way.
Welcome to everyone who stopped by Hooked on Houses as a part of the Bloggy Giveaway! My name is Julia, and I’m a real-estate junkie (to read more about me, click here). I created Hooked on Houses for people like me who love to:
- Decorate, redecorate, and renovate their homes.
- Look inside the homes of the rich and famous.
- Get inspired by fabulous before and afters.
- Learn what’s new for the home and keep up with decorating trends.
If you love any of those things, too, then you’ll fit right in here. I hope you’ll bookmark Hooked on Houses and stop back again soon. To see what we’re talking about today, click here.
If you’re new to Hooked on Houses, check out some of our most popular posts and take a look around while you’re here (click on whichever topics interest you):
Jennifer Lopez’s Nursery ~ How to Pick Paint Colors ~ Before & After: Lily’s Little Bathroom ~ Reese Witherspoon’s Country House ~ Stephanie Dee Wins the HGTV Dream Home Instead of Me and Doesn’t Seem All That Excited ~ Building Character in Your Home ~ Michael J. Fox’s Home in the Hamptons ~ In Praise of Porches ~ A House as Big as Utah ~ Decorating with Black & White ~ Retro Kitchens ~ Dolly Parton’s Childhood Home ~ Rooms That Need Rehab