“Breaking Dawn 2:” Bella and Edward’s Honeymoon Cottage

by hookedonhouses on March 25, 2013

breaking-dawn 2 bella and edward's cottage woodsSince the final movie in the Twilight saga premiered last year, readers have been begging for photos of Edward and Bella’s sweet little honeymoon cottage in the woods. I finally got around to watching it myself and getting the pics for you, and I have to agree with everyone who said, “It’s the best thing about the movie!” Take a look:

honeymoon cottage from Breaking Dawn Part 2

The exterior of the cottage in the movie looked kind of fake to me. I thought maybe it was just CGI (like baby Renesmee in the movie), especially since we never get any real closeups of it. However, a fansite posted photos of the cottage being built in February 2011. I’m guessing it was in Vancouver, where they filmed exterior scenes for the movie.

Edward and Bella cottage in the woods

The interiors were most likely created on a separate soundstage (they filmed at Raleigh Studios in Louisiana).

Bella and Edward in their cottage

Here’s how Bella describes the cottage in the book:

“There, nestled into a small clearing in the forest, was a tiny stone cottage, lavender gray in the light of the stars…. Honeysuckle climbed up one wall like a lattice, winding all the way up and over the thick wooden shingles. There was a little path of flat stones, amethyst in the night, that led up to the quaint arched wooden door.”

grandfather clock in honeymoon cottage

Esme and Alice fixed up the run-down old cottage behind the Cullens’ main house as a 19th birthday gift for Bella.

Bella and Edward's Cottage-dining room

Honeymoon cottage fireplace-Twilight Breaking Dawn 2

Edward and Bella's cottage Breaking Dawn 2-fireplace

Edward and Bella's cottage Breaking Dawn 2

edward and bella in the cottage

Alice makes sure Bella’s walk-in closet is fully stocked with clothes and shoes. Who wouldn’t love a sister-in-law like that?

cottage walk-in closet

Bella and Edward's Cottage Breaking Dawn-closet

The only photo I could get of the bedroom was this one, of Bella in front of the fireplace. Made me a little crazy that the camera didn’t give us a better look at it! You can see them walking into it, and a glimpse of the headboard, in this clip.

cottage bedroom fireplace-Breaking Dawn

Renesmee’s nursery:

Renesmee's nursery in the cottage 2

Renesmee's nursery in the cottage

Renesmee's nursery in the cottage 5

4/13 Update: Joni wrote a wonderful post about the cottage and how they created it for the film at Cote de Texas.

Renesmee's nursery in the cottage 4

Renesmee grows so fast that the next time we see her room, there’s a big-girl bed in it instead of a crib:

renesmee's big girl room breaking dawn 2

My only complaint? They didn’t spend more time in the cottage! I thought they should have had the rest of the movie take place in it. Ha.

Bella and Edward's Cottage Twilight Breaking Dawn 2

P.S. If you love cottages, click here to see my favorites. If you’re looking for a house from one of your favorite movies, check my TV & Movie Houses page.

Hooked on Twilight?

Want to get my weekly newsletter via email so you don’t miss anything?

Alie B March 25, 2013 at 8:42 am

Twilight is one of my guilty pleasures. I’m lucky I have a tween daughter, so I could justify going to see all the movies and reading the Breaking Dawn books. :) I love this little cottage, but I admit I was expecting it to be a bit more feminine and a bit less contemporary. After reading about it in the book, I had pictured something more along the lines of Nicole Kidman’s house in Bewitched.

Luciane at HomeBunch.com March 25, 2013 at 9:17 am

All I was looking at was how cute they looked together!!! :-)

Love the place too. What a fun post, Julia!!!

Have a very blessed week!!!

xo

Luciane at HomeBunch.com

Cheryl in Wisconsin March 25, 2013 at 9:38 am

I have not seen this movie so your photos here are my only reference…
If I had a choice between the Arizona palace in your last post and this cottage, this place would win out regardless of price tag.
The only con I see is the outside path to the entrance. I can imagine going out with friends, getting home late at night, and the entire walk down that path would be in full Kung Fu karate chop pose.

martha March 25, 2013 at 4:01 pm

Kung Fu chop pose……exactly!!!! :-)

Wendy March 25, 2013 at 10:59 am

I love it, except there is something creepy about the nursery. It’s not the decor or the room, per se, which are cute. Must have been a deliberate trick of lighting. The little girl room is a lot more cozy.

Debbie March 25, 2013 at 2:26 pm

Totally agree! Something about the lace and lighting combo that is creepy!

Alie B March 26, 2013 at 7:27 am

Well it IS a movie about vampires! :)

Emma March 25, 2013 at 10:59 am

I thought the house was cute, if a little bit fake-looking. But I had to read the descriptions to figure out who Bella and Edward were!

Jessica March 25, 2013 at 1:19 pm

I can’t even stand the advertising for this series, so I know nothing about the storyline.
But the cottage looks very cute. :-)

Christine March 25, 2013 at 3:00 pm

Just last week I finally got around to watching this movie. I wanted to see more of the cottage myself! I wish they’d spent more time in it.

martha March 25, 2013 at 4:04 pm

I like the cottage better than the”Big” and “Prison” houses from the past few days. It is cozy and looks messy like a real house. Haven’t ever seen the movie or read the books, thanks for the glimpse of this phenomenon without the vampires…

missgulfsouth March 25, 2013 at 5:17 pm

I have never watched any of these movies, but who wouldn’t love an enchanted cottage like that? If only…. ;)

missgulfsouth March 25, 2013 at 5:19 pm

Hey Julia, it worked! I just had to create a new name – ShabbyChick was already taken…who took it anyway? It’s been my name forever! Oh well…..

Kim March 26, 2013 at 2:30 am

Out of all of the cottages I have seen, this one is my favorite. It is so charming, I love it!

Maddie May March 26, 2013 at 4:13 am

This cottage is sweet. I especially love the outside of it. I adore the child’s room as well. That said however I envision “Snow White & the 7 Dwarfs” walking up the path to it. Vampire’s not so much.

Tricia March 26, 2013 at 6:40 am

I agree with you! After reading the book it was the part of the movie I was most looking forward to, and they didn’t spend as much time on it as I would have liked. I love the description in the book though :)

Carolyn March 26, 2013 at 7:14 am

Well who doesn’t love an enchanted stone cottage in the woods? I have to say that’s a favorite fantasy of mine – but no vampires, please. Didn’t read the books. Only watched the first movie as a DVD with my husband who, as a high school teacher, felt he needed to know what his students were so crazy about. However, I like the book’s overly romantic description of the cottage with the quaint arched door. Why didn’t they give this house an arched door with strap hinges? It’s iconic. Those ferns along the path look almost man-eating size, though. The interiors of the house remind me a bit of the English cottage in “The Holiday,” still one of my favorites. This is cute and might make me want to watch the movie. Have to say that no quaint old stone cottage ever had a closet like that! Pure Hollywood.

Laura March 26, 2013 at 11:34 am

Don’t do vampire movies, but I’d take this cottage any day over the 2 “real” houses in the previous posts!

Mikey March 26, 2013 at 11:38 am

So beautiful, thank you for covering this!

Lisa March 26, 2013 at 4:02 pm

For me while the movie cottage is pretty but it is nothing at all like the description in the book. They made the house too large and it was missing a lot of the rustic, coziness. Beehive fireplace, stone floor in the living room, paintings on the wall. There are just a lot of modern pieces throughout.

nanne March 26, 2013 at 6:13 pm

love it, could move in and live there!

Juliet March 26, 2013 at 8:32 pm

I’d like to know what this family of vampires uses to get blood stains out in the little girl vampire’s room.

hookedonhouses March 26, 2013 at 9:35 pm

Ha! Good question, Juliet!

joni webb March 27, 2013 at 8:11 pm

well. great minds! i’ve been working on this story for a few days. i’ll post mine and link yours too. sorry about this – i just saw it on google.

Sam April 4, 2013 at 9:02 am

I didn’t know if you have tried looking at the behind the scenes cottage footage on the dvd. There are lots of different angles and how the house was made. Has much better lighting ect. Hope to see some more photo’s added to this as it’s one of my favorite movie houses! Thanks for always doing such awesome work!

hookedonhouses April 4, 2013 at 9:16 am

My DVD didn’t have those special features, so I didn’t know that, but Joni added screenshots from it in her recent post on the cottage over at Cote de Texas. I just added the link to her site above if you want to see her pics. She got some great ones!

Karen April 4, 2013 at 9:16 am

It looks very much like a Thomas Kincaid painting come to life.

Lindsay June 26, 2013 at 2:13 pm

Do you know where to find the two sketches of the house on top of their fireplace?!

I am dying to buy them!