For Sale: Christina Aguilera’s Pink Closet (and the House That Goes With It!)

Alot of people have been repinning this photo of Christina Aguilera in her mega-pink closet on Pinterest lately, which got me wondering whether her Beverly Hills house is still for sale. Turns out it is, and there are more photos of her closet–which comes with its own beauty salon–in the listing.

The whole house has some pretty “Whoa!” decor, which we saw in InStyle magazine a couple years ago. Now divorced from Jordan Bratman and moving on, she’s selling it for $13.5 million.

She bought this house from Ozzy and Sharon Osbourne in 2007, who made it famous on their reality show. Before moving in, she had it completely redecorated.

The game room–complete with a pink pool table:

The kitchen, which I always wanted to see more of on The Osbournes, looks barely recognizable as the same room now:

Here’s how the kitchen looked in InStyle when the mag featured it:

What we couldn’t see in that photo was the “Apopcalypse” sign above the stove:

It’s not every day you see a carousel horse in a dining room, is it? There is just a whole lot going on in here. Wow.

The upstairs landing, with what looks like a Chihuly chandelier:

Christina’s son Max is 4 now.

When he was a baby, a (scary) Man in the Moon watched over the crib (via People):

The Master Bedroom has a kind of black canopy bed on a platform:

There are 6 bedrooms and 9 baths in the house, which is 10,000 square feet.

The Master Bath:

She told InStyle that she had not one but two closets. That red chandelier in this one is, as Rachel Zoe would say, major. (Hey, doesn’t it look like a smaller version of the one in the entry?)

The closet has “a beauty salon” inside.

And don’t forget the wrapping station:

What do you think? Love it or hate it, it’s anything but boring! For more photos and information, check the listing on Zillow by Brooke Kaufman of Hilton & Hyland.

Check out this post to see pics of the house featured in InStyle magazine. Did you watch the Osbournes? Here’s how it looked when they called this home.

Click Here to see the Top 10 Celebrity Houses of the Month!

Talk about a Power Couple! Alison Pincus is one of the founders of the popular One Kings Lane website, and her husband Mark Pincus started…
Jennifer Aniston Buys Contemporary House in Bel-Air | hookedonhouses.net
Jennifer Aniston has reportedly plunked down $21 million on this 8,500 square-foot house in Bel-Air, California. It was designed in 1965 by architect A. Quincy Jones and…

Comments

Gee… this house has so many great things but it’s almost hidden w/ all the colors and textures. Not for me…. I want serenity in my interiors. A splash of color is welcome, but the whole rainbow is a bit too much! :-)

xo

Luciane at HomeBunch.com

2. T. says

Wow. That man on the moon thing is the worst thing I’ve ever seen!

3. Barb says

Too much going on in that house. All I kept thinking was “who dusts all that stuff?”

4. Ellen says

Looks like someone threw up. Absolutely Awful! Makes my stomach do flip flops just looking at it!

5. Mayra says

The house itself is lovely, the decor is too over the top tacky, the man on the moon in the baby’s room is scary and mean looking. Just give me the house, and I’ll fix it up to classy perfection…..LOL!!!

Way over the top, it may be a tough sell for buyers to see past the decor; unless like her they can completely redecorate before moving in~!
    xoxo
    Karena

Art by Karena

7. Dorothy says

Just another example that money and fame does not equal good taste.

• Deb from Oz says

Just what I was going to say! This must the most hideous decor I’ve ever seen.

• MHolm says

Just because you can buy everything, doesn’t mean that you should buy everything.

8. Moi says

That is possibly the tackiest house I have ever seen. And I live in New Jersey.

This is what I lovingly refer to as “High Elvis”. Somebody done went to Graceland and got all inspired!

• nanne says

ha! high elvis is the greatst “decorating” term i’ve heard in a long time!

thanks for the laugh!

This decor is a gentle reminder that money does not necessarily buy taste. Love the architecture of the house and grounds, but the interiors look like they were decorated by blind clowns.

• Kathy says

oh my gosh, best comment yet. definitely had me laughing out loud.

11. Marg says

Undoubtedly, Christina Aguilera paid a decorator handsomely to create the design throughout her house. However, if I were purchasing this property, I would want a considerable amount taken off the asking price in order to un-do this travesty! Pictures speak volumes and these further prove, money can’t buy good taste!

12. Jill says

A woman with too much money and very little taste. Gaudy to say the least.

I agree with many, the decor is not well done. The master bedroom is hideous! Those fabric or wallpaper panels are just wrong all the way around: size, proportion, placement. Yick. And seriously a red bedroom? Too active to promote rest and sleep. The home is in need of restraint. But oh, I do love that shoe closet.

14. Marsha says

The closet & outside of the house is the only thing I like !

Wow! Now that’s a house with personality plus! It’s not my taste but I do love a home that reflects its owner… very fun! How fun for her son and his playmates to run wild in there, weeeeee… Its kitschyness has put a smile on my face :)

This post should simply be titled “If my six year old daughter was a decorator…”

• Alie B says

Yes! Exactly what I was thinking! Totally suited to a little girl’s taste. My daughter could have quite a slumber party in that house! :-)

17. Miss Emily says

I think she took the Moulin Rouge video a little too seriously.

18. J Escobedo says

Wow, well….at least it’s not boring. But the house has no flow and her decorator must have pulled things together based on her tastes? It’s a bit gaudy. The new owners will definitely want to redecorate as well. What’s her theme?

19. Georgia says

Well, she is young and definitely has not developed a mature sense of style yet. It’s very much like a teenager decorated it with all the pink and black. There is not one room that looks relaxing, not even the closet.

20. Squishypig says

I’m all for an eclectic interior but it only works if there is something to tie it together (color, scale, style, etc) which this house does not have. And EVERYTHING is over the top. It’s hard to have a focal point or statement piece when everything is screaming out for attention. It’s a crockpot full of hot mess and good luck selling the house for a decent price without pulling all of the furnishing out and staging it the hot pink chandeliers. The only things I like are the exterior and the wrapping station.

21. Morgan says

I’m stunned. I think my retinas are burnt. I’m kind of surprised anyone would want that much visual stimuli day to day. She does a lot of pink and reds (and every other color), but for some reason – it seems like a very cool background. No warmth in there, imo..

22. Laura says

If I lived in this house I would develop a mental illness before long. I can’t imagine!

Funny, I agree with everyone else regarding the interiors, but strangely, what bothers me the most is that there doesn’t seem to be a ray of natural light anywhere, well except for the scary nursery, but with that moon who would notice? It is absolutely dark and “closed up” feeling. I know it’s a huge house, but it feels absolutely claustrophobic to me (the decor contributes, I’m sure). Where is the huge window above the master tub, or the bank of windows in that huge kitchen? Not only does she have heavy drapes on every window, but it looks like she even has them at the entrances to the rooms on either side of the entry hall. It appears the agent chose to shoot these at night, but even in the day, this place has got to be like a tomb for a circus clown! If you live in Southern California, in BH for heaven’s sake, fling those windows wide open and let in the breeze! Maybe if she opened the windows Mr. Scary Moon and the carousel horse could let themselves out!

24. Spring says

How nice that she let her son make all the decorating decisions.

25. Janet says

Well gotta say it’s got good bones. It’s a wonderful house with some lovely features.
    Love the Chihuly chandelier, love the bathroom (tub w/ fireplace), always loved the kitchen from back in the Osbournes day.
    Now to the bad…too much pink and “hot” colors. Looks more like a movie set or a staged photo shoot than anything you would want to live in. But again to each his own.
    I’d take it…and a few buckets of paint also.

I liked it better when the Osbournes lived there, especially the kitchen. There just seems to be too much going on. Like someone else mentioned, the house has great bones…just wish they could shine through a bit more.

27. jana says

This house is probably the ugliest I have ever seen. That decorator needs to find another career. I can usually appreciate SOMETHING about a home that isn’t my taste but this home has no taste. Period. And I LOVED the Osbourne’s kitchen and several other spaces in the house that they showed on their show.

28. Cindy says

It’s stunningly…awesome…in its grotesqueness! (Is grotesqueness even a word?)

I know the world goes ’round because we’re all different, but I’m having a hard time envisioning anybody finding that attractive. Yikes!

I will say I love me some Dale Chihuly, though! It’s sad that what would normally make an incredible statement (that Chihuly chandy) is completely overshadowed by the rest of crazy.

Wow.

29. Kim says

I’m sorry, but I don’t like anything about the interior. It looks like a Las Vegas hotel from the 1980’s. I’ll take the Osbourne’s style over this any day.

30. Brenda says

Whatever floats your boat, people! This house, with it’s lovely exterior, needs to be uncluttered and lightened up. Pity the real estate agent who has the listing..how does one talk this house up?

31. Wendy says

Well, I agree that is a very very tacky house. But I do like the drapes. If it were that house with those drapes in lovely understated decor (with maybe a few pops of color like that rug in the master, which I actually like) I would love it.

I always wondered who Bobby Trendy decorated for, other than Anna Nicole Smith.

I guess the tactful way to describe her style is to say it’s “lavish.” That was fun, so thanks for the peek into her house. I admit, I kind of like the juxtaposition of the two pink armchairs with the yellow coffee table.

• says

I amend my comment about the pink chairs to say you’d have to get rid of the black couch and use different color tones for the chairs/table. I guess what I’m really saying is that I like it when people pair bright colors in unexpected ways.

i would get a migrane living in that house – poor little boy – I bet he’s terrified to sleep in that ghastly nursery!
    mary x

35. Michelle says

What’s the saying?… “Just because someone has money, doesn’t mean they have taste.” Exactly.

A 10,000 square foot mess. The dining room looks like something out of the ’80s, it so doesn’t match the rest of the house even though it’s all a disaster. Hopefully the new buyers will get a major deal since they have to gut the whole thing.

I remember first seeing the picture of the nursery with that humongous moon. Personally, that moon freaks me out (kind of similar to a big old clown) but maybe a kid would have a ball playing with it…

38. Squishypig says

I just thought of something that I forgot to mention yesterday, did CA decorate this monstrosity alone? Because while my husband is relatively hands off when it comes to our home decoration, there is no way he would live in a house that looked like it was decorated by a coked out teenage fairy goth princess. It’s pretty disrespectful to do that to your spouse, to not let him have any say so or representation in what is HIS home too.

She ruined the house when she redecorated. The only areas that are pretty at this point is the outdoor area and the wrapping station. It’s all too much. That kitchen needs to go back to the whites, and the gorgeous chintz fabrics. Sharon Osborne was stylish in that home!

40. Jenn says

I’mforever scarred by that creepy “Man In the Moon” thing in the nursery. W-T-H?

Overall, the home is probably lovely but one cannot tell with the retina-piercing decor choices made throughout the home. One thing I do like is the beauty salon.

41. melissa says

Obviously, the entire house is over the top…but the funniest thing to me is the wrapping station!?! Like…can you picture Christina Aguilera EVER wrapping anything?

42. jj says

Her a nd her ex-husband are huge modern art aficionados hence the “wacky” decor. They’re really into Banksy and Andy Warhol and modeled their home to be a modern art installation. Her ex-husband even owns an art gallery devoted to those kinds of artists. So while it may seem like a lot of random crap to some people, its purpose was to make a statement. And honestly, I would be disappointed if I walked into Christina Aguilera’s home to find a bunch of neutral junk.

43. Mandy says

Someone should put a health warning on those pictures stating they may induce a seizure. Yikes!

My first thought was that there was just so much “stuff”. That moon in the nursery – what is up with that?

Wow. This is the ugliest house I’ve ever seen…I suddenly feel much better about my humble little home!

46. Michele says

I know that they’re divorced now, but I see no sign of his stuff anywhere…all her. I wonder how he felt about that?

Way too much stuff – I’m getting squirly just looking at the pictures!

47. Jessica says

Yes…the consensus seems to be just way to much of everything and not at all a restful space. I bet her next house will be all white or beige! I too think the outside and perhaps the bones are very lovely. To each his own but it’s fun to comment.

I have a lot of respect for people who go over the top with their own taste. Like your Liberaces and your Rob Zombies. That said, this doesn’t feel like living out loud and proud… it’s more like Victoria’s Secret was taken as style gospel.

Indeed a very nice post. I am also associated with closet company, storage organizer, custom shelving,garage closet organization,,. Thanks for writing such good posts and as I have subscribed to your blog, I do expect that you will be posting nice posts like this on a regular basis.

50. Bree T says

That is awful…Whoever buys it better budget for a redectorator….

51. Tiria Indiana Gemma Nicholls McLennan Gilmore says

OMC (oh my cock)

I am in love with your house , i would love to live there.
    You are my number 1 idol , i always want to go on the voice australia and sing the voice within

Love your house and you 😉 xoxoxoxoxox

52. Crystal says

I figured her house would look like this because it just seems so her taste. Her house looks the way she dresses. The house has “some” nice moments though. But overall it does look a little bit… tacky.

53. mary says

oh gosh. I’m just dizzy. what was the decorator aiming for? did christina herself do this, to reflect her inner musical world maybe? her voice is loud brass, flash and kaleidoscope– i can see the connection.

54. Archduchess Sybella says

Sharon Osbourne has MUCH MUCH better taste. I loved the house when they lived there – aside from the dog poop fisasco! The house had a romantic feel with a tasteful gothic edge. Loved the wrought-iron crosses and antique candelabra she had. It’s a shame they sold the house to such a trashy woman.

55. Squirtle says

Wow. I went through the comments and they all said it was taccky and garish and way to over the top…but when i was looking at the pictures i was like OMG. SO MUCH COLOR. ITS SO PRETTY!

• valvacious says

too much color… less is more should have been the strategy. Some rooms I could live with but everything too me needs to be toned down a bit

56. Erika says

I do not absolutely adore this house but I don’t hate it either. It bothers me a bit that everyone in the comments are saying, “eww!” Or “yuck!” Because it’s not like their houses are any better. The house is gorgeous if you just look at it in an artistic manor. The chandeliers are stunning, the artwork is magnificent and the details are amazing! I wouldn’t necessarily live here myself but it is a gorgeous house.

57. Alie B says

It’s no wonder it stayed on the market so long. It would be difficult to see past all the stuff and envision your own things in the spaces.

58. Montse says

This is a horrible house! I think the colours are atrocious! and the curtains! everything in fact! what a dreadful place!

59. valvacious says

Ugggg… I need some Pepto Bismol. The house itself is beautiful but the decor makes my stomach and eyes hurt. I’m like WTF…what’s wrong with you girl……so gaudy, tasteless, crammed full of junk

The words to describe this house have not been invented, as of yet. Obviously, money does not acquire taste.

61. Sharon says

Money CAN buy taste. Why didn’t she hire a decent interior decorator?

62. lou says

Her house is an eye sore! People with migraine can’t possible stay in this house. Being an artist, I expected her house to atleast, look nice…

63. tara says

If I had an ‘off day’ felt a little sick, this would be the last house I’d want to be in. YUK!