Sandra Rinomato Quits “Property Virgins”

by hookedonhouses on January 5, 2012

If you’ve seen the commercial for the new season of Property Virgins, then you were probably as surprised as I was that it featured a new host. Where’s Sandra Rinomato? Curious minds want to know.

She posted this note to her fans on her Facebook page, explaining why she is no longer hosting the popular HGTV show:

After 130 episodes and 10 seasons, I have chosen to give up Property Virgins in favour of my new show called Buy Herself. We are currently in production for HGTV Canada and are scheduled to premier in March 2012. I hope that the show will get picked up for the US territory as well, since I have such devoted fans!

I am really excited about the new show as it delves into the very change that is happening around us. For the first time in history, a significant number of women are buying real estate on their own, taking charge of their financial situations, whether they have delayed marriage, decided not to marry, or belong to the stat that says 41% of marriages end in divorce. Women buying real estate is not a fad, it’s history in the making and I am very proud to be a part of it on TV.

Thanks for your loyalty and all of your incredible comments today and always!

Love to you all,
Sandra

Meet the new host, Egypt Sherrod:

According to Cineflix Productions, which produces the show, she’s a nationally syndicated TV and radio personality, as well as a licensed Realtor and short-sale specialist:

Known for her dynamic delivery and magnetic mix of sass and class, Egypt can be heard weekdays hosting her top rated Middays with Egypt on New York City’s 107.5 WBLS. She also co-hosted the hit daily TV talk and makeover series Home Delivery, and regularly shares her music and pop-culture expertise on CNN, Fox Network, Black Entertainment Television, and The Today Show, among others

It’s hard to imagine the show without Sandra, isn’t it? HGTV hasn’t updated their website with any further info about the switcheroo as far as I can tell–Sandra is still listed as host. Egypt just went on maternity leave, so most if not all of the season must have already been filmed.

Are you a fan of the show? Will you miss Sandra? Or are you happy to see someone new?

If You’re Hooked on HGTV:

Ray Bone January 19, 2012 at 2:59 pm

I watched Property Virgins mainly because of Sandra – she made the show successful and entertaining.

I saw the new show with the new host, Egypt Sherrod, and… well, the show is now out of my ‘personal rotation’. No disrespect to Egypt, but without Sandra, I won’t be a viewer anymore.

Karen January 22, 2012 at 3:20 pm

I haven’t seen the new host yet, except on commercials. I’m going to miss Sandra. She makes the show what it is, interesting and entertaining at the same time. If I had a realtor, I’d want her. I’ll give Egypt a chance, but I don’t think ANYONE can fill Sandra’s shoes!

Christian January 25, 2012 at 8:34 pm

BRING HER BACK!!!!!

Donna January 30, 2012 at 6:33 pm

I love Sandra. She is so beautiful and such a lady. She has done a great job.
I would like to watch the new show but its going to be hard, especially if Egypt
doesn’t tone her voice down a bit. I will miss Sandra and I hope U.S. picks her
new show up. If not, PLEASE COME BACK SANDRA!!!

mick February 14, 2012 at 9:44 pm

I AGREE! BRING SANDRA BACK! HER QUIRKY, CUTE PERSONALITY AND BELLY LAUGH PLUS HER PERSONABLE NATURE MADE HER A HIT WITH ME AND I FELL IN LOVE WITH THE SHOW. EJYPT JUST DOESNT HAVE THE “IT” FACTOR SANDRA HAS.

Bill January 30, 2012 at 4:04 pm

I have to agree, I watched because of Sandra, not sure if I still want to watch.

Brando February 7, 2012 at 10:00 pm

Sandra was very good but not irreplaceable. However, I don’t think Egypt is a suitable choice.

Erica January 19, 2012 at 5:21 pm

The show isn’t the same without Sandra. I just deleted the show out of my favorites… sorry Egypt but it just isn’t the same ;-(.

sharon January 25, 2012 at 1:38 am

I know what Erica means and I agree. I watched the show tonight and was not impressed. I was sad to see that Sandra was gone and googled to see what happened. Now I’m more sad and agree with Erica, I won’t be watching it anymore either. I don’t think Egypt can replace Sandra any more then Ashton can replace Charlie Sheen on two and a half men.

Marky February 12, 2012 at 5:24 pm

Sharon, I agree about Sandra being difficult, if not impossible, to replace; the difference is Sandra is greatly loved, and there are many out there that wouldn’t watch Charlie Sheen OR Ashton Kutcher walk across the street, let alone watch a whole show with either of them. Sandra is well-respected, and well-liked by so many viewers! I would really miss “Property Virgins”; don’t miss “Two and 1/2 Men”one bit! I am sick right now, and I’ve just spent the afternoon watching reruns of “P V”, LOL!

Jayne February 12, 2012 at 3:37 pm

I liked Sandra’s personality and thought she gave first time buyers good advice. I can’t stand Egypt’s voice or undersized clothes…looks tacky. HGTV could have found someone better suited for the show. Goodbye, Property Virgins! Good luck, Sandra!

Danie February 26, 2012 at 4:26 pm

Although I do like Egypt, I have to agree with Jane. She needs a wardrobe stylist because I think her clothes need to be more professional but stylish. The voice can’t be helped but I do understand it can come off as being a little brash which makes her seem pushy. I do however think she should she show better quality houses, not so many “rag tag” fixer uppers. If she had to take one thing from Sandra, I would say it would have to be, give the clients privacy while viewing homes. I don’t like the way she barges in on them before their ready or no privacy at all. With that said I do think she deserves a chance to do her job and we have to realize she’s not Sandra, she’s Egypt. Two different women with two different styles, who’s common goal is that their great at their jobs. Change takes time and soon we’ll enjoy her too.

Kathy January 19, 2012 at 7:54 pm

Just don’t care for the host. Really did like Sandra. I won’t be watcing new shows. I hope the US picks up Sandra’s new show!

HGTV fan January 19, 2012 at 9:57 pm

Egypt is a good replacement. It took me years for Sandra to grow on me. Liked the show, wasn’t crazy about the host – at first. I did finally come to like her and appreciate her real estate savvy. I was confused when she wasn’t on the show last night, but was also surprised that the new host didn’t pale in comparison. She’ll have to grown on me a bit, like Sandra did. But hopefully, she’ll get the chance to do so. And I’m still not over Suzanne Wang’s exit!!!

Petunia January 23, 2012 at 8:12 pm

I too miss Suzanne Wang. She gave the show some personality and a face to relate to. House Hunters is horribly boring now and over played. I cringe whenever it comes on tv (my roommate watches it and we both laugh at the idiotic comments the house hunters make.)

I’ve stopped watching Property Virgins now that Sandra is gone. Saw Egypt, didn’t care for her or the new, boring format.

D January 24, 2012 at 3:25 pm

“My roommate watches it and we both laugh at the idiotic comments the house hunters make.”

No kidding! My wife and I laugh hysterically at the, “Ugh, the paint colour in here is terrible! I don’t like this place…” comments. Some people…

Marky February 12, 2012 at 5:34 pm

Yeah, Aren’t people aware you can buy paint? LOL What a hoot today when one buyer said,”This place is not clean!” So, they didn’t buy the perfect house right on a lake, because it wasn’t clean. Craziness! Brand new kitchen or bathrooms “have to be redone because I’m not a fan of that tile.” “What do you mean, they won’t come down $50K on that $200K house that’s flawless?!” Sheesh, how silly! These people must have more money than sense! Love seeing the countries on the international shows, though……

brandon January 20, 2012 at 2:56 am

Sorry Egypt! Sandra you were the best and you made the show. Best success in your new show and hopefully it will be aired in the US. As far as property virgins…off my dvr, no longer watching it anymore unless there is nothing on tv and thats what is left to watch…just not the same without the personality of sandra

Duane February 11, 2012 at 7:24 pm

I totally agree with most of you, I watched the show because of of Sandra and her vitality and lovely personality. She made the show. I am not happy with the new show. I really hope that HGTV in the US picks up Sandra’s new show. I really miss seeing her on a regular basis. And, as someone else mentioned, I miss Suzanne Wang also.

Wen January 20, 2012 at 2:57 am

: ( Oh Pleeeease!! Say it aint so!! I’m crushed that Sandra is no longer hosting this show! She is such a genuine person! A true gem…& I’m just not feeling the new host yet. Egypt, I dont need to tell you that you have big shoes to fill – but I do hope you can bring back those fickle viewers who “say” they wont watch PV w/o Sandra anymore..hahaha Seriously people? lol..I too hope HGTV picks up her new show. I cant wait to see her in whatever she endeavors!!!
Julia—Thank you so much for providing this info for all of us! She sure has a LOT of Fans!!! Hurry back to our tv sets Sandra!! :)

Ellen January 20, 2012 at 6:40 am

Oh no! My husband and I loved Sandra Rinamato! Hope her new show is carried by Verizon where we live (DC area).

Sandra – we will miss you!

Sue January 20, 2012 at 9:53 am

I agree that Sandra made the show and will really miss her. PLEASE HGTV, pick up her new show!!

Sheryll January 20, 2012 at 12:43 pm

I will truly miss Sandra. I think that she was great. She seemed to genuinely care for the people who were having difficulty understanding the buying process, obtaining the house of their dreams, or making up their minds on a house. She was very pleasant, professional, and came across as a sincere human being. Bring her new show to US.

Louann January 20, 2012 at 1:06 pm

I,like so many, watched the show Property Virgins,because Sandra was the host. There is no show as far as i’m concerned without her. Sorry.

Nikia January 20, 2012 at 2:52 pm

I was not impressed by the new host it was nothing like Sandra. I don’t think I will be watching the show any longer unless its old episodes with Sandra.

Tony January 20, 2012 at 3:27 pm

I am happy to have the new host. I felt that Sandra would be rude and talk down to people. So I will gladly watch the show with the new host

sharon January 25, 2012 at 1:42 am

If you watched the show tonight the new host already talked down to the couple she and it was her first show. I thought that was pretty gutsy.

Ellie February 8, 2012 at 10:46 pm

I, too, felt that Sandra was condescending towards some of the buyers. She also seemed to encourage buyers to overpay. I’ll give the new host a try.

bbbdd February 18, 2012 at 7:45 pm

I don’t think Sandra talked down to buyers, she was honest!

Ga January 20, 2012 at 3:31 pm

I won’t be watching this show any longer. I can understand frustration with buyers, who are wanting more than is affordable. I think Sandra was more a people person. I just don’t get that persona from Egypt, sorry.

Heaven February 9, 2012 at 9:54 pm

I’m not sure of Egypt’s qualifications in real estate, I think Sandra was wonderful in educating the home buyers and those of us watching, however I did think that Sandra came across very snooty and condescending. People Person? Ha! Oh please..

Karen January 20, 2012 at 4:52 pm

Not the same without Sandra, Egypt is kind of pushy, loud and has some kind of crazy accent or speech impediment.

Petunia January 23, 2012 at 8:16 pm

I noticed that about her speech. It’s smushed together and too rushed. Maybe it’s just a regional thing, but I didn’t like listening to her. And she seems to be mugging for the cameras rather than doing a real estate transaction. Too Hollywood.

Heaven February 9, 2012 at 9:51 pm

SPEECH IMPEDIMENT…now you’re just being a prude she does not have a speech impediment, is this your ‘polite’ way of saying she sounds too hmm non honky tonky “prim and proper,” oh please…

Petunia March 3, 2012 at 10:45 pm

Well if your audience doesn’t talk fast and loud and with a speech issue then just maybe it makes sense to have a host who does the same…regardless of their race???

Sadee January 20, 2012 at 6:58 pm

My husband teases me about my “girl crush” on Sandra. I just deleted the series from my DVR. Can’t stand the new host. Sandra is what I liked about the show so I will not be one of those who say they won’t watch anymore but still tune in. I’m done. Wish her luck with her new venture tho and hope it gets picked up in US.

OlgaLily January 21, 2012 at 1:58 am

I liked Sandra, but I think Egypt is great too!

yahira January 21, 2012 at 11:09 am

I agree. The show won’t be the same without Sandra. I won’t be watching.

Devin January 21, 2012 at 11:13 am

I loaded up my Tivo to see a new Property Virgins but was stunned to see a new host. I agree with everyone else, I watched Property Virgins because of Sandra and I won’t be watching anymore.

Lee January 21, 2012 at 1:34 pm

Love Sandra, hate Toronto!

George in Florida January 21, 2012 at 3:53 pm

Sandra, we’ll miss you on the show. We really liked your plain talk and no-nonsense approach. Hope to see your new show!

Beckie January 21, 2012 at 5:35 pm

I will miss Sandra. She grew on me, too, but I can’t say any positive things about Egypt. First piece of advice…buy her some clothes in the next size up.

Cheryl M January 22, 2012 at 2:20 pm

Thanks Beckie…glad I’m not the only one about the clothes…Sandra wore hers tight too, but I saw panty line on Ms. Egypt…a no-no for t.v.

Petunia January 23, 2012 at 8:18 pm

Egypt’s clothes are way too tight and short. And Property Virgins isn’t about the host’s sex appeal.

john January 30, 2012 at 11:37 pm

wrong–Sandra had sex appeal as well as a winning personality.

sharon January 25, 2012 at 1:46 am

I think new clothes would be nice period. Sandra always dressed real nice. Egypt dressed like she was going to the grocery store. Not impressed at all.

Ruth Mudd January 21, 2012 at 5:41 pm

As a Real Estate agent, I really liked the show and Sandra. She gave the advice I give first time home buyers. It was the most realistic. Except we don’t have instant answers, and write contracts on the hood of a car, but the advice was usually very good. The new show is missing something.

Jane January 21, 2012 at 6:24 pm

Won’t watch without Sandra. They better pick up her new show. Property Virgins WAS one of my favorites but not anymore.

Cherelyn January 21, 2012 at 7:00 pm

Sandra will be greatly missed. I hope that HGTV has sense enough to allow Property Virgins fans the ability to follow Sandra in the US given her huge fan base. I will watch the new host to see if it’s something that I will continue to follow… but please know that Sandra has always been the reason that I’ve watched. Her wardrobe, savvy way of communicating with clients, and keen sense of the business is what I enjoyed most. She will be missed!

Liz January 21, 2012 at 7:31 pm

I am very sad to see Sandra go. Please HGTV air her new show here in the states. Property Virgins was my favorite HGTV show – because of Sandra. Her shows are the only HGTV shows I recorded. I have watched all of her shows, I will watch Property Virgins as recorded re-runs rather than watch Property Virgins without Sandra.

Tom February 28, 2012 at 11:38 pm

I also always watched Property Virgins because of Sandra. There was always something sincere about her that very few would be able to duplicate. Disappointed that my favorite HGTV show is gone.

hall January 21, 2012 at 10:40 pm

Anxious to see Sandra’s new show and hope they put it on america channel. Saw the new one and didn’t care for it. Of 3 houses, she already showed 2 well over their budget. Not interested in continuing to watch.

Duke January 21, 2012 at 11:32 pm

Sandra was the best and was sooo hot too! SShe will be missed.

Diana January 22, 2012 at 4:03 am

I will miss Sandra, please carry her new show – for me Property virgins will not be the same. Egypt may be a great host but it would have been better if the show was cancelled and a new show with Egypt was created. Keeping the show’s name and bringing in a new host just makes me miss Sandra even more.

Petunia January 23, 2012 at 8:20 pm

Yes, this is what they should have done – created a new, different show just for Egypt, that plays off of her personality. PV just isn’t right for her.

Duane February 11, 2012 at 7:32 pm

Yes, I agree with you. I think if they had brought in a new show with Egypt hosting it, I would not be comparing her to Sandra and might give her more of a chance.

Frances February 16, 2012 at 1:26 am

I agree with Diana. I think the production tries to force Egypt to do everything exactly like Sandra and THAT does not work. If Egypt is going to be successful, she will need to create a new program.

Kathie January 22, 2012 at 7:16 am

I will miss Sandra! If it is her choice to leave, great. If she was let go – I would never have watched the show again. I will try to be fair to Egypt. She has huge shoes to fill. I do want to see Sandra’ new show. Good luck to you both!

Marion January 22, 2012 at 2:12 pm

Will miss Sandra! Probably not watch unless really necessary.

Janet C. Parrish January 22, 2012 at 2:35 pm

I would skip a lot of the half hour shows on HGTV. They really didn’t do it for me. I included Property Virgins in that group because…well, they didn’t appeal to me. Well, that being said, when I did sit still and watch the show, I was hooked!! And like many of the other fans that have loved the show, I have to say it was all about Sandra. I would get a little miffed at some of the clients she had to work with, but she always would shoot straight from the hip and give them the information that they needed to make an informed decision. Kudos Sandra on your new show. You can be sure I’ll be watching! I wish the new host the best of luck, but where you go, I go! (smile)

suzi leeman January 22, 2012 at 3:11 pm

I dont care much for the new host of Property Virgins. Sandra Rinomato seemed to really know her stuff, had a background in real estate, and was very savy in helping give her clients the benefit of her vast knowledge. I’m not seeing this so much with the new host. Does she even HAVE any real estate experience? Because she comes off more like just a host of a show, not an experienced real estate professional. I’m SO disappointed! However, i love Sandra & I wish her all the very best! I hope the American division of HGTV picks up Sandra’s new show, so that we can continue to follow Sandra. Sure will miss her in the meantime though!

sharon January 25, 2012 at 1:51 am

I really will miss Sandra and my boyfriend who is hispanic would joke with me about how much he liked Sandra. He would never want to watch anything else on HGTV but property virgins. She will be missed by him too. She had lots of class.

Paul January 22, 2012 at 3:16 pm

Like so many of comments, I too was very disappointed that Sandra was not going to return to Property Virgins. I love watching her especially when she is in Toronto area. I hope her show is picked up on the US network. I have seen a couple of Egypt’s show and I will give her an honest try. I hope she starts showing properties in Canada. I love seeing Canadian properties.

HGTV….please add Sandra’s new show on your schedule.

Nancy January 22, 2012 at 3:17 pm

I will definitely miss Sanda as host of Property Virgins. She was the reason I watched the show. I watched one episode with Egypt as host, and it just wasn’t the same (maybe it’s because I didn’t want Sandra to leave the show). I’m sure it’s difficult for a new host to step into the position and gain a following from viewers when a show is already successful and the original host is well liked. I will give Egypt another chance and hope she will be successful carrying the show. I would want someone to give me an honest chance if I were in that situation!

I hope we will see Sandra’s new show in the USA!

Lela Von Schlegal January 22, 2012 at 3:58 pm

What? A real estate show about women? How absurd! Women have been buying their own property since prior to us getting the vote! Isabella Stewart Gardner, anyone? Oh, Sandra, I love you, sister, but why you departed PV for this new show is utterly beyond me! Good luck, though.

Zakia January 29, 2012 at 8:41 pm

HGTV says she quit and so did Sandra but we all know that’s TV terminology for she was fired, because as you stated her idea for her new show is just plain ridiculous…SMH

Pat Hockey January 22, 2012 at 4:26 pm

Absolutely miss Sandra. Cannot imagine the show without her. May have to watch differently. Will definitely be interested in her new show if we can get it in the US.

Patricia January 22, 2012 at 4:50 pm

I was also disappointed to see Sandra leave. Unless HGTV picks up Sandra’s new show, I will not be watching either. Fortunately, at least for now, you I can still see re-runs of Property Virgins on Sunday from 2pm-4pm (EST) so check your local listings everyone. My advice to HGTV….pick up Sandra’s new show if you want to keep your viewers and keep them happy!

ann katzen February 16, 2012 at 5:41 pm

No Sandra no show.At least pick up her new show

Diana Maynard January 22, 2012 at 6:02 pm

Sorry to see her leave. We will not be watching the new host or HGTV too many re-runs and changes. Not enough of David Bromstead any more. You either cut back or change hosts and not for the better.
Won’t be the same without Sandra. She made the show. I wish he the best.

Tanya January 22, 2012 at 7:11 pm

I for one am glad Sandra is gone. She is an awful agent. I have never witnessed an agent who would habitually advise her clients to make offers ABOVE asking price even when there wasn’t any other offers on the table. She took advantage of unseasoned first time buyers. She was often rude and condescending. I’m glad there is a new host and that Sandra was sent back to Canada. Good riddance.

Paulie January 29, 2012 at 4:03 pm

My wife and I completely agree. She openly mocks her first-time buyers, and she steals money from them by routinely offering bad advice. Not only is her primary motivation to quickly close the deal and move on, she also wants her clients to pay as much as possible. She hammers them to buy properties they don’t want, dismissing their wish lists in the interest of getting the deal completed. She waves off the cost of upgrades as trivial, and that’s just not the case for many buyers. I completely distrust the places she offers them, too. She selects houses to prove her points, not to meet her clients’ objectives. And why is it that at the end of almost every episode, there’s ALWAYS another buyer applying the heat with an additional offer?! I’ve seen that trick at almost every used car lot I’ve ever visited. She’s just capitalizing on the emotions of her green buyers to drive up the price and pad her commission. She is so ridiculously phony, right down to the shark smile she delivers when she passive-aggressively slams her clientele. As you say, good riddance. GREAT riddance, in fact.

Rhonda January 22, 2012 at 9:55 pm

I am so glad Sandra is gone. She talked to the new buyers, like she was so much superior and they were dummies, because they had never purchased a home before. She did a lot of cheesing in their faces, yet made rude comments in the attempt to make the buyer purchased a home, at the max of their budget. She had smart remarks, if the buyer brought a friend, even their mother along to help them make a decision on the purchase. Sandra made it perfectly clear, that they are not the one making the purchase and their opinion, is worthless. I am so glad, that con artist if off the screen.

Mike hunt January 23, 2012 at 2:37 pm

Sandra Rinomato is awesome. Egypt blows, boring…

SC Susie January 24, 2012 at 11:01 am

I love the show and will continue to watch it. I like both hosts and appreciate that they did not try to get a “Sandra-clone”. THAT would have been a major flop!Egypt is doing a great job so far. I’m interested in seeing how she does when she moves out of NY to show houses in other areas. Sandra was fantastic no matter the state or country. She was even in our area one time and could not have represented us any better!

Raiven January 24, 2012 at 3:02 pm

I LOVED Property Virgins, even my BF watched it with me. Sandra always gave good advice and helped her clients get the best deal unlike some agents. We watched the show because of Sandra, actually she ‘was’ the show for us. I tried watching with the new host Egypt Sherrod but for us it’s a total ‘FAIL’ and we won’t be watching any more; just hope they pick up her new show for the US because we will definitely tune in. It would be so great if she could do both!

Chris January 24, 2012 at 5:33 pm

I’ve always loved Property Virgins but not with this new host. She’s a terrible terrible replacement. Sandra was awesome.

Cheryl January 24, 2012 at 5:49 pm

Property Virgins was one of me favorite shows! Love Sandra! Will miss her. HGTV please pick up her new show. She brings a lot of viewers to your network.

Darlene January 24, 2012 at 10:03 pm

My Favorite show is gone!! Sandra does her job soo well and made me want to watch HGTV daily to be informed on Real Estate Properties all around the world and boy did I love her personality and flare! Now I am sorry to say that the New replacement will never be the same and I could’nt believe that you could think you could just put another Real Estate broker in her place for her TV show “Property Virgins” and I assume hope that she will do, I don’t think so! Signed No Longer a Watcher!

Darlene January 24, 2012 at 10:05 pm

By the way!It says that she quit and she says that she quit but we all know what that means !!

Diana January 24, 2012 at 10:10 pm

I just watched one show right after the other (Sandra’s first and then Egypt’s) and I have to say I’ll miss Sandra very much. I really hope we’ll get to see her new show “Buy Herself” in the US.

Sandra has a unique balance of knowledge, teaching skills, personality, and people skills. I look forward to watching her help people find their dream homes and she does it all with such sincerity…as if the people were a part of her family.

Take care, Sandra, and best of luck. I hope we’ll be seeing you again soon.

Diana

Colleen Ouellette January 24, 2012 at 10:21 pm

I watched the new host of Property Virgins tonight……………….first & last time ……wishing Sandra lots of success with the new show….she will definitely be missed!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stacey January 25, 2012 at 12:39 am

I’m gonna miss Sandra… She was straight to the point
No chase…plus she dressed nice!! I loved her outfitts..I like Egypt
Doesn’t dress as nice..not very informative on listings..
May not watch…first episode she used word ghetto
Like really!!!

Holly January 25, 2012 at 12:41 am

Sorry,folks.The new host doesn’t cut it. She does not have the personality and likeability of Sandra.She comes across too urban ,not very approachable and seems to be trying too hard.I don’t know if they are trying to make the show hip now or something..but big mistake.You need to have a host that is appealing to all age groups.They did the same thing with the show “How do I look” on another station.When Finola Hughes left, and they tried to make it more hip and contemporary..I never watched it again.Guess Property Virgins is going to have the same fate in my household.Good luck to Sandra and her new endeavor,though!

Cindy January 25, 2012 at 12:44 am

I am so sad that Sandra has left one of my favorite shows Property Virgins but I wish her well on her new show & hope we see it in US tv soon
Best of luck Sandra! You’ve taught me so much.

Dennis J. Smith January 25, 2012 at 12:45 am

I just found out tonight and came across your post after some quick research. It’s not going to be the same without Sandra. I’m bummed! :-(

jill webb January 25, 2012 at 12:49 am

where is Sandra ? I hate change! she had a soft nice voice and Egept is different, and Kinda strange

Patricia January 25, 2012 at 3:13 am

Property Virgins will never be the same without Sandra. She made the show. Sandra was my favorite HGTV personality. I hope her new show airs in the U.S. Good luck Sandra on your new show.

pat escabi January 25, 2012 at 8:06 pm

I miss Sandra. Now we have this Hoochie Mama as the host and its really not good at all. I do hope Sandra’s new show is shown in the US.

Zakia January 29, 2012 at 8:23 pm

I’m pretty sure that hoochie mamma makes way more money than Pat Escabi, are all of the Pat’s posting on this blog racist b*tches or is it the same Pat that keseps posting these negative comments.

Jim- HermistonCowboy January 25, 2012 at 9:46 pm

Was sickened after watching the new host on PV this week. So suprised that she was chosen to take the show over. Didn’t they have anyone applying for it but her? The are worlds apart from each other in knowledge, professionalism, appearance. Never once did I or any of my friends that were addicted to PV had any criticisims about Sandra. I enjoyed every one of her shows that I saw and watched many multiple times. Has everyone at HGTV lost their minds? I can’t imagine any employer letting someone as popular as Sandra was to leave. Just reading all of these comments instills her importance in my eyes. Good to know it wasn’t just me. I didn’t care for Egypts demeanor or her appearance which were at such a high standard with Sandra. I too will not be watching PV any longer and hope HGTV has the common sense to pick up her new show in the US.

Wishing Sandra the best of luck in all of her endeavors and hope we are the benefactors of the change not the victims. You’ll always be loved by your fans Sandra.

Joanne January 25, 2012 at 9:51 pm

I miss Sandra. Egypt is a wannabe Sandra. Couldn’t they find someone with their own personality.

Pat January 26, 2012 at 9:02 am

I will only watch re-runs of Property Virgins hosted by Sandra. I viewed a clip of one of Egypt’s new episodes and was not impressed. She is crass, unsophisticated and sounds Ghetto!!! I have heard her on the radio and at that time wondered how she got that job, couldn’t adjust to how crude she sounds.

Sandra I have learnt so much from you, and will miss you hosting PV.

Zakia January 29, 2012 at 8:15 pm

I was wondering when some idiot would have something so negative to say like calling her Ghetto. Ding sing ding we have a winner Pat, just like any other replacement it may take time for her to grow on everyone. I love Sandra too but give her a break its only one show if you don’t like it just pick up the remote Pat & stop being so rude and tasteless with your comments it makes you sound ghetto or should I say like poor trash but I wont be so rude to call you that. Have a good day.

Nicole January 26, 2012 at 2:09 pm

I’m so sad to see Sandra go – it was HER show & it won’t be the same without her!!!
Not a big fan of Egypt, but I’ll give her a chance. Hopefully she gets better so I don’t have to stop watching. Don’t know why they have her act like a Sandra wanna-be.
I think they could have found a better personality for the job.
We’ll miss you Sandra!!!!!!!

Beth January 26, 2012 at 3:48 pm

Just another fan of Sandra’s who is so sad to see her leave Property Virgins. Like so many others, what I liked best about the show was Sandra’s personality — very down to earth I thought, sure of herself and her abilities, someone I could relate to, not fake and full of herself like so many others on TV. I hope she enjoys success in her new show and look forward to seeing it.

Jeanie January 26, 2012 at 4:07 pm

not a fan of the ‘new’ Property Virgins – and I loved it with Sandra. Also, gotta say, Sandra’s new show does not sound as good as Property Virgins, part of its appeal is in her trying to appeal to both members of a couple… so sad…

Mer January 26, 2012 at 6:38 pm

Egypt is a terrible replacement. My family watched and enjoyed Property Virgins regularly. Now, with Sandra gone, we aren’t going to tune in at all. If they had chosen a better replacement, we would likely have hung in there

ejhickey January 26, 2012 at 6:54 pm

Sandra was the best . I will miss her on PV because I always learned something new. However it is hard to keep a bright and creative person in the same job especially if he has a vision of doing something else. I hope her new show gets picked up by HGTV. I will still watch PV and the give the “new kid on the block” a chance.

J. Smith January 27, 2012 at 9:54 am

Not a fan of the new show. Sandra is Property Virgins.

Sandra McCauley January 27, 2012 at 10:45 pm

I am truly sorry to see Sandra leave. I have enjoyed her smile and warmth. I hope we can catch her new show.

Ann January 28, 2012 at 3:21 pm

Egypt is not very good as a host unfortunately. She is nowhere near as good as Sandra was, she’s very pushy with the clients and she keeps showing them homes that are outside of their budget. This was not a change for the better :(

janice January 28, 2012 at 5:18 pm

I loved property virgins and thought sandra made the show, i sure will miss her, hope her new show gets on hgtv here in the states!

Greg January 28, 2012 at 7:58 pm

Property Virgins will never be the same without Sandra…
Bring Sandra Back…
Hope her new show will air in US…
Good luck Sandra…

Tampfab January 29, 2012 at 12:57 pm

I miss you Sandra. You brought positivity and great information to viewers. Good Luck. I see hope our new show is aired in the US so we can see your smiling face again

Owen January 29, 2012 at 3:20 pm

I will miss you too Sandra. You were my favorite HGTV host because you are so natural and straightforward on screen. Your interactions with clients never seemed forced or fake. I hope that your new show is picked up in the US!

Leah January 29, 2012 at 3:33 pm

I’ve seen the “new” show & I’m not impressed. PV is not the same & I won’t be watching.

Debbie January 29, 2012 at 3:35 pm

I loved Sandra in this show! I don’t know if I will continue to watch Property Virgins, I have seen Egypt in other shows and do NOT like her. I think she is a poor substitute.

Karen January 29, 2012 at 3:36 pm

I will miss Sandra, as she was one of the main reasons I watched Property Virgins. I have not seen the show with the new host yet, but I don’t think I will be as interested in watching Property Virgins now that Sandra won’t be on it. I wish her luck with her new show and hope that it will be picked up in the US. If it is, I will be sure to watch it.

peggy January 29, 2012 at 3:53 pm

So sorry Egypt, not the same without Sandra, won’t be back…

Teresa January 29, 2012 at 3:58 pm

Watched the new host, Egypt, and couldn’t stand her. Gave her the benefit of the doubt and watched a second time. Didn’t change my opinion. Can’t stand her voice, her lines, or the way she treats her clients. I’m deleting Property Virgins from my dvr.

HGTV-PLEASE pick up Sandra’s new show! She has a lot of loyal followers!

Charlie January 29, 2012 at 4:35 pm

She’s trying to be Sandra but aint working for me. Rather watch re-runs of Property Virgins. Hope her new show in Canada will get a kick and soon will get picked up here in the US.

Lana January 29, 2012 at 6:21 pm

Sandra was the reason I watched. She is who I would want as my realtor. I will be waiting for the US to pick up her new show or to put her back on Property Virgin. Until then, I will find other shows to watch.

VRWCMama January 29, 2012 at 6:22 pm

Bummer…. Sandra is genuine and a smart cookie, very like-able. Don’t think “sass and class” go together, her voice is personality are grating. I too miss Suzanne Whang from House Hunters. That show has really gone downhill. The shoes have gotten to heavily scripted with silly remarks from home buyers.

Judy January 29, 2012 at 6:46 pm

I hate the new Property Virgins. The host is so bad and the format has changed. They fly through a house that has 2.5 baths and you might see 1. The host as no personality at all. I changed the channel.

KEF January 29, 2012 at 7:34 pm

I no longer watch property virgins. Sandra was the show. I miss her. Egypt just isn’t cutting it!! I want Sandra back!

Celia January 29, 2012 at 7:50 pm

Change is inevitable. Probably should’ve had a show with Sandra introducing Egypt. Everyone needs to admit that Sandra had to grow on them. She even changed her look a few times for the picky audience – many of them posting here. Sandra is moving on and we have something new to watch. Egypt is qualified and the new Host. I’m going to give her a chance to grow on me. Let’s try to keep people employed in 2012- we really don’t have a solid reason to ask Egypt to step away- just the fact that she replaced Sandra. Would you like that to happen to you in your new job or endeavor? Grow up folks!

Zakia January 29, 2012 at 8:48 pm

Well said Celia I agree : )

Celia January 29, 2012 at 10:54 pm

Thank you Zakia! It’s pretty obvious you’re healthy and happy too!

DAWN January 30, 2012 at 12:03 am

I WORK SECOND SHIFT, ON MY DAY OFF I FOUND OUT SANDRA WASNT THERE. BYE -BYE HGTV

Celia January 30, 2012 at 12:27 am

You can’t be serious? Please tell me your life will go on and you didn’t change your schedule for Sandra? What will happen when you have to get a new car? New job? Stop! Stop! Stop!

marjolaine January 30, 2012 at 12:30 am

i wondered what had happened to sandra…she finally grew on me and i’ve been a fan for as long time….she had warmth,plus understanding of people and really tried to help…she sure had some doozys to deal with at times!…egypt with her sass and class….sorry not what i’m looking for

Samantha January 30, 2012 at 6:13 pm

Guess it’s a good thing she’s not dating you since it’s “not what you’re looking for”

Candice Cypret January 30, 2012 at 3:08 pm

Sandra, Property Virgins will never be the same without you! You are such a warm and caring person and those traits came through loud and clear on the show. I will miss you so much.

I too hope that your new show is picked up by HGTV in the U.S. My husband and I will be so happy to see you again.

Take care and best of luck with your new television show!
C. Cypret

Jill Smith January 30, 2012 at 4:10 pm

Congrats on the success of the show and I’m so glad to hear there will be new shows with Sandra. She’s darling and I LOVE the premise of the new show! Good luck!

just post it January 30, 2012 at 5:18 pm

Loved Sandra, don’t care for Egypt at all. I will miss the show.

sandi January 30, 2012 at 5:47 pm

Sorry, but after watching Eygpt on Property Virgins I won’t be watching the show any more. I much prefered Sandra, she just brought something to the show that Eygpt just doesn’t have

Samantha January 30, 2012 at 6:11 pm

There will be plenty of viewers who won’t give Egypt a chance. Fortunately, they’re not the ones signing her check. I liked Sandra but I won’t go crying a river about it. We’ll see how it goes with Egypt.

Petunia March 3, 2012 at 10:57 pm

In a way, they are. If they don’t watch the new show, it won’t continue. HGTV has to have a show that appeals to its viewers so it can make money. If it doesn’t make money from lack of viewers, then the host won’t stay.

Carole Leonard January 30, 2012 at 6:28 pm

I understand Sandr’s need to move on and develop her own show. She’s the reason I watched Property Virgins for so long. Sandra brought a lot of class to the program, and after seeing Egypt Sherrod on commercials, She dresses like a stripper and she is too brash and loud for me. I won’t be watching the show anymore. I look forward to Sandra’s new show being shown in the U.S.

Zakia January 31, 2012 at 7:36 am

A stripper seriously, what strip clubs have u been too or seen on TV you’re a weirdo…SMH

Ginger January 30, 2012 at 6:54 pm

I was so surprised and very dissapointed to hear that Sandra will be leaving.I f HGTV did not treat her right, same on you. I have watch Egypt and really can’t see her carrying this show.I mean no disrespect, but she just doesnt’ have the warmth or at least it doesn’t show. If HGTV doesn’t carry the new show they are really missing the mark. Good luck to you Sandra, and I hope we see you on our US channels very soon.

Kristi January 30, 2012 at 7:04 pm

I LOVED Property Virgins, reruns and all….because of Sandra!
I wish you the best and WILL watch WHEN the US picks up your new show!

A loyal fan,
Kristi

connie January 30, 2012 at 9:33 pm

I was hoping the new host was a fill-in for a leave for Sandra. I really enjoyed PV … and had dvr’ed it for a long time. The new host is too flat-line, too loud, and too brash … seems to be play-acting. She’s no Sandra Rinomato. I tried it for two episodes; but unless PV can get SR back, I’ll not be watching.

patti January 30, 2012 at 10:02 pm

Dear Sandra…..

I really enjoyed watching Property Virgins….I watched every chance I could…..You made that show enjoyable with your bubbly personality….

I will look forward to seeing your new show…..I’m sure it will be a big hit here as well…..

Thanks for all your knowledge and for teaching us…..God Bless.

Lucy January 31, 2012 at 11:57 am

I am outside the US and Canada but I loved to see the show just like the most of you, just because of Sandra. Her personality is so magnetic and also made the show very dinamic. I’ll wait to check the new host but definitely it will not be the same, I think I will be more expectant to see Sandra’s show first!!

crogin January 31, 2012 at 6:33 pm

There is no point in saying: “Come back, Sandra”. She’s gone on to something new, something SHE wants to do. I hope her new show makes the transition to the US market soon.

I think the producers of “Property Virgins” would have been wise to replace Sandra with a man – there would be a lot less unflattering comparisons than with another woman. Egypt may be excellent on the radio but she can never be Sandra. We’ll have to wait and see if she makes it.

pam greaney January 31, 2012 at 7:32 pm

While I live in the US now, I lived with husband and children in Toronto for over 30 years. We loved Sandra’s “Property Virgin” and I was at first sad to learn Sandra had quit. But very interest in her new format …. Sandra is capable of making an interesting subject quite compelling to watch ..the demographic are very current. I am a fairly new widow and I have just moved to home state and spent nearly a year house-hunting. I just bought a house and it was an experience that more and more often women are managing on their own! Good luck, Sandra! And hopefully the US market will pick-up the program. I look forward to watching it

Linda January 31, 2012 at 7:51 pm

I am not interested in pushy realtors. I wouldn’t hire one and I certainly won’t watch one is that is what the new host is.

penny January 31, 2012 at 8:14 pm

I,m going to miss Sandra on property virgins. Shes delightful and very professional as well as her personality. Hope the USA will pick up her new series for sure.

patricia smith February 2, 2012 at 4:22 pm

I will really miss Sandra and I hope the USA will pick up her new series. This show will only futher inhance HGTV’S rateings Sandra has such a large viewing audance.

byrd January 31, 2012 at 8:57 pm

I hate the new host..she dosn’t get my attention at all like Sandra does…so i hope Sandra sticks around a little longer ….Egypt is not good at showing houses are convincing costumers to buy a home like Sanda does…I like Sandra sooo much .. I made her out of a Sims…..and I been watching her show for a year now and am getting ready to buy my own home this year. Plz stick around Sandra

Bobby Holder January 31, 2012 at 9:10 pm

I was not happy to see that Sandra is no longer on Property Virgins. However, if we can see her in a new format, that would be great and reason to continue watching HGTV. When will her show be on in the US.

Jan January 31, 2012 at 9:14 pm

I cannot watch Egypt. She just does NOT have it! Sandra was so good at all of it. I do hope she does well with her new show & the U.S. picks it up. Don’t think Property Virgins will make it without her tho….

aaron January 31, 2012 at 9:14 pm

Give it a month and property virgins will go under. Sandra owned the show.

shelly January 31, 2012 at 9:20 pm

Im going to miss Sandra dont like the new host i will be waiting for her new show to come to the US. So im now done with the property virgins show. Good luck Sandra hope to see you soon.

Hgtv viewer January 31, 2012 at 9:44 pm

I found Sandra nearly intolerable and having grown up with a parent who worked in real estate, Sandra was not who I woud want guiding me in such decisions, her disregard for clients budgets was inexcusable and unethical. Glad she gone!

callista February 1, 2012 at 9:27 am

Really? I thought she was good at always showing something a little out of price range and something in the price range of the virgins. I always got the impression that many of the couples always had unrealistic expectations and Sandra used some of the more expensive properties to shock them into getting their priorities and expectations straight.

Others weren’t aware of the difference between one mortgage and another for maybe 20.000 more.

As for not liking her, well, that’s probably just a difference in taste thing ;) I grew up with a parent in real estate too and I thought she did a good job introducing new buyers to the traps that they may not have noticed on their own. I always liked her and hope that the new girl can pick up the mantle.

tom February 1, 2012 at 7:01 pm

Gee , wonder who the author of the comment about Sandra
‘Be?”

Camilla February 1, 2012 at 8:07 pm

I don’t know what show you have been watching, your comment is so far from the truth!!

Brad January 31, 2012 at 9:44 pm

My wife and I are sorry to see Sandra go! We’ve tried a couple of shows with Egypt hosting and I think we won’t be watching any more. Making comments like: “In your dreams,” to young couples after she asks them to guess the price is truly arrogant. I think the show is on its way out… I hope the US audience will get Sandras new show!

Glenda February 1, 2012 at 2:11 pm

I reall miss Sandra. I do not care for Egypt, as she comes across with an attitude.

Camilla February 1, 2012 at 8:06 pm

I agree!

Nikki February 3, 2012 at 5:17 am

I agree that’s what made me google if there was a new host:-(. This new host Egypt does not talk well with clients to blunt! Sometimes it’s hard to fill other peoples shoes but she is just not the right fit IMO! I prefer Sandra hopefully they did not give Egypt a long contract hopefully they have the ability to shop around. I love Property Virgins but not sure if I will continue if Egypt doesn’t tone it down.

Shaggy January 31, 2012 at 9:47 pm

Will no longer watch the show. New host sucks.

Paul January 31, 2012 at 9:58 pm

Bring Sandra back. I don’t like the new host!

bud January 31, 2012 at 10:13 pm

Sandra is gone and so am I. good luck you will need it. the new host is in the crapper

Linda Scott January 31, 2012 at 10:16 pm

Dear Sandra, I am disabled and watch all of your shows, and love them more than any other. I was so sorry to lose you on TV. I do hope than you do get carried in the US because this new idea for a show is GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!! especially for a kind and compassionate and resourceful person like you. I am not going anywhere I am happily married but I often thought if something happened to my husband and I used to go to school in Richmond Va. if I could call on you. Well I am stuck in Tampa Florida hopefully God willing but you will be great. GO GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Egypt Sherrod will grow on me. Thanks for all the countly hours of fun.Linda

BammaGirl February 1, 2012 at 12:42 am

I loved Sandra as the host. I’m so sad to see her go! The show just isn’t the same without her :(

I actually enjoy Egypt’s personality but it just doesn’t fit with Property Virgins title, IDK why?! They should have just cancelled the show and if they wanted to introduce Egypt as a new personality, they should have created a new show her.

@Brad –I saw the episode where Egypt said, “in your dreams” to a client and it was a joke, they laughed. Lighten up.

Jo Anne February 1, 2012 at 12:47 am

This was one of my favorite show. I love Sandra as host. I’m watching it now for the first time with Egypt as host and i must say she will have to grow on me. I guess since I’m so used to Sandra that its hard to watch someone else. I’ll watch a few more times just to give it a try, but I dont really like it so far.

Damian February 1, 2012 at 1:02 am

Although I like Sandra, I think that Egypt will do just fine. There are two different styles, but I think that Egypt brings a different dynamic to the show. She’s very knowledgeable and I think she’ll be fine. You gotta think, Sandra was on this show for 10 years, so over that timeframe, the show was patterned to her style. I think if she’s given a chance, Egypt will definitely make her own mark. Sometimes change is good as well as necessary

Karl February 1, 2012 at 1:03 am

The new host is ok. But Sandra was better-no question. I wishes she had stayed with this show. Even if this meant focusing on female buyers exclusively. Marketing it as a new twist on ” property Virgins” The bottom line is- Sandra WAS the show. She is essentially irreplaceable and I’m not even convinced her new show will be as successful. People are creatures of habit and if it ain’t broke – don’t fix it.
That said ,HGTV should absolutely pick up Sandra’s new show. She Is an amazing and a very relatable host.

Adran February 1, 2012 at 1:58 am

I miss Sandra so much. She made the show what it is and it’s so hard to watch someone else. She doesn’t have the personality Sandra had. I won’t be watching anymore.

Geebee February 1, 2012 at 3:20 am

Sandra is by far the most professional, honest, natural, likable host on any HGTV show. Most hosts are phony, make useless comments, try to be dramatic and fail, full of fluff, boring…Sandra is by far so ‘right on’ target. This is someone I’d treasure working with in real life. Most shows seem to be scripted and the hosts have to have silly drama to make it work, but not Sandra.
Egypt is OK, but doesn’t have the natural way that Sandra created for this show. It’s just another show now and although she tries, and tries to be original, it’s not compatible with the concept of first time buyers.
When on some HGTV shows, like House Hunters, the broker says, ‘oh, you don’t like that bathroom tile, that’s an easy fix’, yeah sure, a $10,000 to $20,000 easy fix…Sandra will never make such idiotic statements, she tells it like it really is.
Anyway, I made my point, sorry to see the show change direction and no, I too won’t watch it as much with such interest vs just having it on in the background as an alternative to the repetitive news.
Good luck Sandra at least I will miss you!

Dawn February 1, 2012 at 10:26 am

I haven’t watched the show since Sandra left. I usually get home from work after it airs. I was channel surfing last night about midnight and happened to catch a segment where Egypt was doing a voice over, describing the buyer’s situation.

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Her voice is like nails on a chalkboard. How is she a radio personality with that voice??? I couldn’t listen to that for more than 5 minutes, much less a 3-hour radio shift. UGGGGGGGHHH! She sounds like an old battle-axe, washwoman.

Please bring Sandra back. I’m happy she got another show, but we need her too…lol

Linda Foster February 1, 2012 at 1:31 pm

I will miss not seeing Sandra. She was so good on Property Virgins and I felt I personally knew her from watching the show all the time.

The new host doesn’t seem to have the personally that Sandra had. Sandra’s new show coming in March doesn’t sound like something I would watch for it seems to be directed more to single woman or divorced woman buy ing real estate and I am not in the category.

The best of luck to you Sandra in whatever endeavor you persue.

FeFe February 1, 2012 at 1:45 pm

I have watched the show for years and was very fond of Sandra. I will truly miss her. She was very personable and friendly to all people regardless of race, creed, or color. Sandra made the show a great success. I also watched the episode with Egypt stating to a couple “In your dreams,”. I did not like that statement at all. I also noticed on that episode that she did not show properties that were appealing to the young couple. I truly wish that Sandra could have remained on the show. I also would hope that her new show will be picked up by HGTV. We can only hope. I really don’t think that Egypt is a good fit for the show, but I will try to support it.

Lenny A. February 1, 2012 at 2:13 pm

I wish Sandra all the best in this new endeavor but there clearly will be a void in the program without her. She made the show!!!

Linda February 1, 2012 at 3:55 pm

My favorite show on HGTV was property Virgins. Loved Sandra for her personality and knowledge. I am unable to watch the new episodes now….cant stand the personality of the new host Egypt.

sue February 1, 2012 at 4:14 pm

Sandra come back!!! Your fans in the USA miss you!

HappyAsALark February 1, 2012 at 5:06 pm

i don’t want to hurt egypt’s feelings but no…she’s not a good fit for property virgins.

Samantha February 1, 2012 at 6:11 pm

The new person is NO WHY near as good as Sandra…I like property virgins but not ANY MORE! Eygpt or whatever has no personality who in the heck picked her!!!

Nancy February 1, 2012 at 6:33 pm

As a homeowner who has bought over 7 houses, I learned a lot from each show from Sandra. She is Property Virgins! I wish we had her to help us in each house we bought! She is going to be missed and cannot be replaced!!! Come back Sandra!!!

SHANEKA J February 1, 2012 at 6:58 pm

I love Sandra as the host & will miss her dearly. I wish her much success in her new show & hope to see it in the U.S. The show Property Virgins will not be the same without her, she added that little something extra that made you love her personal, caring, loving, and knowledgeable charisma. I have watched the new host but find myself turning the TV cause it’s not Sandra; doesn’t have her spirit. I pray Sandra is able to still do her show & return to Property Virgins but if not we will have to await her shows arrival in the U.S. We miss you Sandra, God Bless…..

Truleeblessed

Kat February 1, 2012 at 7:08 pm

The show is one of my favorites. The new show host is terrible and unwatchable. Sandra made the show. You made a BIG MISTAKE Hgtv.

Camilla February 1, 2012 at 8:03 pm

I was wondering what had happened to Sandra! I’m going to miss her, the show is not the same without her!

Carolyn February 1, 2012 at 10:40 pm

Sandra you will be missed! Really enjoyed your show. As a former Torontonian living in the States, I always loved seeing the Toronto housing landscape!
Wish you all the best with your new show…and yes, I hope it gets picked up in the States!

EJ February 1, 2012 at 10:46 pm

I am sure Egypt is a nice person and talented. However, she does not have the liveliness and zip that Sandra has. She does not seem to have the professionalism that Sandra has. Will miss Sandra very much. Probably will not watch the show as much. So far she is boring and does not seem to have Real Estate at heart, acts like it is show business as usual. She seems more like a entertainer.

Gladys Jeffrey February 2, 2012 at 10:50 am

I will miss Sandra from Property Virgins. I can’t blame her for leaving. I hope we get to see her new show here in the US. She was my favorite HGTV Host. I watch a lot of the shows on HGTV. Property Virgins is my favorite. I think we should give Egypt a chance. I like the show so will still watch. Sandra has the X Factor so will do good in anything she decides to do. I certainly understand her wanting to leave after so many seasons. Can you imagine how hard it is to go out in the cold weather all the time, especially in Canada and dealing with all those people all the time. Good Luck Sandra, I wish you the best. Your HGTV Friend, Gladys Jeffrey, WV/USA

JT February 2, 2012 at 2:03 pm

This new one tries to act cute, lose a few pounds and try again.
You wear 50 cent flip flops when showing a house, go back to realtor school.

edith romas February 2, 2012 at 4:38 pm

i’ll miss Sandra and look forward to be seeing her on the new show if it is becomes available in the USA. i hope that it does. i liked the way that she was so informative to explain everything to buyers. Egypt is ok but she don’t have the personality that sandra had. i wish Sandra well and hope to see her again soon.

Suzie February 2, 2012 at 7:10 pm

I won’t be watching as long as Egypt is hosting. She doesn’t have it!

B & J Bush February 2, 2012 at 7:24 pm

We have watched Property Virgins for a long time and will miss Sandra. The new host was good, though, when we watched the show yesterday, but missed Sandra’s frankness and information given to the couples. Hope her new show is successful, but it doesn’t sound quite as appealing to us as far as theme goes. We like the series where you get to see the homes after they have been purchased and updated. The rental property series is good too. HGTV is a mainstay in our home. It has been the reason we sit together as a couple and watch TV. Keep up the good quality shows, focusing on families who need ideas (that can’t afford to “buy New York”).

Bill C February 2, 2012 at 9:19 pm

We will be deleting the show from our DVR because the show has lost something. It must be Sandra that it lost!

Rod February 2, 2012 at 11:01 pm

I’m not a property virgin, but there was just something so special about Sandra that I could imagine her helping me with a home purchase. While I don’t have the totally negative view of the new host, the show will never be the same, and for that I’m disappointed.

I like everyone else truly hope Sandra’s new show makes it to the US.

Lynn February 4, 2012 at 4:49 pm

I like most everyone else on here, is so sorry to see Sandra leave the show. We loved her. Watched part of one episode of new person, switched it fast. No good at all.
Wonder when Sandra’s new show starts, will be sure to watch it!

Becky February 4, 2012 at 5:38 pm

My husband and I was were not happy to see that Sandra is no longer on Property Virgins. However, if we can see her in a new format, that would be great and reason to continue watching HGTV. It is hard to watch Property Virgins as it is not the same, but we will try to give Egypt a chance. We really hope the U.S. will pick up Sandra’s new show!!!! She is a asset to HGTV. Gary and Becky Holleran

p.s. Good luck Sandra on your new show. Thanks for the last few years.

Mary February 4, 2012 at 8:48 pm

I am so disappointed to realize that Sandra will not be on Property Virgins…I will wait and hope that the network will be picking up her new show ! Lots of success to you..Sandra !

Luci February 5, 2012 at 2:08 pm

Sandra is Property Virgin. How could you let this happen.

Carolyn February 5, 2012 at 2:45 pm

I agree that Sandra was a “Natural ” and made Property Virgins a great show to watch for entertainment and realestate information. I liked Sandra’s presentation and the show right away; No adjustment period needed. Sorry Egypt, I dont think you’re the one. Goodbye Property Virgins! Carolyn

Gordon February 5, 2012 at 2:56 pm

I’ll miss Sandy. I watched the program because of her unique talent as being the worst Realtor in the history of mankind.

She is apparently deaf as she shows the homes that she likes, often ones that already have an offer on them, rather than what her first-time-buyer clients have asked for or can afford.

The couple are approved for a set maximum, so she starts showing them houses they don’t like in an area away from where they want at 10% over their max. She send them in alone, then belittles their complaints.

It wouldn’t surprise me if she is no longer hosting because her license was pulled.

Petunia March 3, 2012 at 11:11 pm

Kind of like the real world, where realtors show you complete dumps that you wouldn’t let your dog stay in overnight, or teensy houses that a doll wouldn’t fit in, or houses with toilets in the dining room…Sandra showed a slice of REAL LIFE. As a property virgin, you usually don’t get the house of your dreams, in your dream neighborhood, in top condition for $175,000.

Kathy February 5, 2012 at 3:44 pm

PLEASE pick up her new series!! HGTV will not be the same without her.

lori February 5, 2012 at 3:45 pm

We really like Sandra and I hope we can see her new show. As for Egypt, there is something cold about her, more, machine like than people like. But, I do wish her luck.

Nichole Test February 5, 2012 at 3:46 pm

Sandra, I am watching Property Virgins right now and saw the commercial with the new host. It shocked me into googling what was going on and I found this. You will really be missed! It’s one of my favorite shows, and I am sad to see you go. I am happy for you and your new adventure, and I know no matter what you do, you will rock it! Take care………..Nichole (Palm Harbor, Fl)

Tim February 5, 2012 at 4:18 pm

We were so shocked to not see Sandra on Property Virgins. We liked her so much that we were willing to watch her shows over and over and over. We watched the new Property Virgins a few times and its just not the same. unfortunately I don’t think we will be watching the new Property Virgins. We really really hope that HGTV- USA will bring Sandras new show to us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sincerly” Super Sandra Fans” and HGTV fans
Charlotte NC

P & J February 5, 2012 at 5:04 pm

Sandra Rinomato was absolutely delightful on Property Virgins, she had a great personality and she knew the real estate business. My husband and I always watched this show and enjoyed it. We watched one new show with Egypt and will not watch Property Virgins again unless it is one with Sandra’s. The one we watched with Egypt showed that she does not have the patience or personality to interact with people as she appeared almost angry because the couple didn’t like a home she was showing. I hope the U.S. is able to show Sandra’s new show.

Jenni February 6, 2012 at 2:33 am

I along with many others can not watch the new host. Nothing personal against her but its just not Property Virgins without Sandra. Hopefully we will see her on TV again here in the US. You are so missed Sandra but best wishes on your new journey <3 from Iowa

Sue February 6, 2012 at 3:40 pm

I was shocked to hear Sandra was leaving. I havn’t DVR’d Property Virgins since.
I will give Egypt a chance, but I certainly will miss Sandra.
She is a beautiful lady. I wish you the best Sandra and hope to see you back on TV real soon.

Doris February 7, 2012 at 12:47 pm

NO ONE can replace Sandra. I will give Egypt a chance, but PLEASE bring us Sandra’s new show which is supposed to air in March 2012

chanell February 7, 2012 at 9:34 pm

I miss Sandra.

chanell February 7, 2012 at 9:45 pm

Omg today is my first time seeing the new host. No offense, I just loved Sandra. This was one of my favorite shows on tv besides house hunters. I won’t be watching this show anymore. Miss Sandra.

Melanie Francis February 8, 2012 at 12:44 am

Wow, I am so disappointed that Sandra is not going to host Property Virgins. I can honestly say that this show was my favorite one on HGTV. I just cannot imagine the show being as good without Sandra. I love her sauve level headedness, her sensible approach, and her repoire with new buyers. I really hope that she comes back although I suppose after ten years one would want to move on. I have not been too thrilled with the new host although I suppose I will give it a chance as I so like the concept of helping “property virgins” who are so unrealistic and emotional in their buying. I really hope Sandra’s new show gets picked up by HGTV America.

Ashlee February 8, 2012 at 12:59 am

I agree, my husband and I watched Property Virgins because of Sandra. I felt like she kept it real and really tried to help you find your dream home. I even told my husband while watching the show that when we start house hunting I wanted to either try and get on the show or just hire her if we could. I am really sad that she’s gone, and no offence to Egypt, but I’m watching right now and she doesn’t have the spunk. Sorry just doesn’t make me want to buy a house from her or look at houses with her. Hopefully Sandra’s new show does get picked up by the US so that we can watch her again :-) Going to miss her and hopefully she will come back.

michael norquest February 8, 2012 at 1:02 am

Property Virgins; the program which aired on Tuesday, February 7th. Boo, is it me or are Americans just too spoiled, especially the couple featured on tonight’s program? Not very appealing–Sandra is missed and while her show featured house hunting in Metro Toronto (with some trips down to this side of the border) she did offer advice that was relevent to both Canada and the U.S. I miss Sandra, her attitude, her sense of professionalism and lets face it, the lady was one sexy yet approachable real estate agent.

Barbara Parsons February 8, 2012 at 1:11 pm

I will miss Sandra a lot. the new show had better be picked up by a channel that I can get. she is so wonderful and a credit to anything she is envolved with.

Mary February 9, 2012 at 4:07 pm

I was so disappointed that Sandra has left the show! :-( I’m sorry but Egypt just does not cut it!! Please bring Sandra back. If not, I hope Insight Cable, Columbus, OH, will pick up her new show. She was soooooo AWESOME!! Wishing her all the best in her new endeavor & WILL MISS HER LOTS!!! Sorry Egypt, but I won’t be watching.

Caitlin February 9, 2012 at 10:09 pm

The Pats on here are RACISSSSSSSSSSSST phewww boy, way to represent the US! HGTV should of known not to replace a white woman with a black woman, you know the good ol’ *crackers* gonna have a good ol’ fit with that one…haha you guys are a bunch of racists prudes thank god I don’t live in the US!

Catherine Wiggins February 11, 2012 at 7:07 pm

It just want be the same . Sandra was great.

Duane February 11, 2012 at 7:53 pm

I really looked forward to seeing Sandra each week and I will miss her beautiful smile and warm personality. She was one of, if not my favorite, host on HGTV. Let’s hope that her new show will be carried here in the US. Sandra makes you feel like you would love to have her as a friend. Please bring her back.

pebbles February 12, 2012 at 1:48 pm

Not the same without Sandra.

Nancy Pegar February 12, 2012 at 3:27 pm

Egypt does not compare. Her voice drives me crazy! Will not continue to watch this show. Really too bad!

Jerrel February 12, 2012 at 6:01 pm

I miss Sandra already I don’t think I will be watching Egypt the chemestry is just not there, she is rather boring I hope Sandra’s new show gets picked up here in the States

Jeanne February 13, 2012 at 9:20 pm

As many have already said, I was shocked when I turned on HGTV and Sandra wasn’t hosting Property Virgins anymore. I just couldn’t believe it! Sandra’s personality, along with her expertise as a realtor, made the show interesting, educational, and entertaining. I’m sorry to say that I probably will not be watching P.V. anymore. HGTV, please bring Sandra’s new show to the states. I wish you the best of luck with your new endeavor, Sandra. I MISS YOU ALREADY!!!

Barb February 14, 2012 at 10:50 pm

I also was shocked to see that Sandra is no longer the host of Property Virgins and I will not be watching the show anymore. Along with everbody else, I hope that her new show will be coming to the states in the spring.

michael norquest February 15, 2012 at 1:34 am

Made another attempt to watch the latest Property Virgin episode with Egypt—made the attempt and gave up. HGTV should have come up with a new program and cancelled Property Virgins—I am not saying that Egypt couldn’t carry a show and be successful. What I do believe is that the difference between she and Sandra way too extreme. What happened to those mellow Canadian buyers? So far most of the American Property Virgins have been less than the people you might want to see moving into your neighborhood. What a picky, cranky group.
Sorry HGTV; you let one of your better shows fall out of your basket.

Petunia March 3, 2012 at 11:22 pm

I’m an American and I agree! Watched one more show with Egypt on it because it featured the town I grew up in – boy, the customers were super cranky! They were unenthused about any of the houses, including the one they picked. Which made for a very poor episode – why show people who are cranky about their new home?

And in answer to another question, Americans are way too picky and spoiled. Drives me nuts when they want to rip out perfectly good kitchens and bathrooms, and complain about the (nice sized) house and yard being too small.

maya February 15, 2012 at 2:11 am

like sandra alot. something about her is very appealing, sorry egypt does have it. won’t be watching property virgin anymore….pls p/u buy herself….

Debra Koval February 15, 2012 at 9:45 am

I watch a lot of the shows on that channel but was always so happy when it was time for Property Virgins. Please let us know through Facebook or here of whether your new show will reach the US. Thanks again for the enjoyable shows. I must admit my husband and I thought you were awesome. Very classy, smiley and so warm and kind! Way to go Sandra!!

Frances February 16, 2012 at 1:16 am

I like Sandra’s personality. I actually wish she was my realtor. She seems to connect with people, understand them and deliver exactly what they want. She also seems to not take personal the negative comments buyers make about the houses they don’t like, and I like that. She seems to have patient. I am so, so sad that she’s gone. I have a hard time seeing the new host in her place. It seems to me the new host lacks the personality traits that I like about Sandra. I hope she comes back to “Property Virgin”. Unfortunately, by then I will no longer be a “Property Virgin”.

Char February 16, 2012 at 4:38 pm

Not the same without Sandra, she was one of my favorites. Please pick up her show!
Tried to watch with Egypt but turned stations, not pleasant to watch or listen to. No offense to her, but not a good replacement.

ellen nichols February 16, 2012 at 5:35 pm

I totally agree sandra made the show the success that it is. She is beautiful, classy and articulate. There is old saying and its true in this this case, ”there is nothing like the original” and Egypt is good but ain’t no sandra.

Jodi February 17, 2012 at 8:30 pm

Property Virgins was my favorite show on HGTV. I tried watching a new episode without Sandra and didn’t make it 10 mins. She totally made the show.

judy johnson February 19, 2012 at 4:09 pm

Miss Sandra, enjoyed watching properety virgins, don’t like it as much with the new gal. Good luck Sandra, hope to watch you again

dorothy February 21, 2012 at 9:08 pm

The thing about Sandra, not only did she know her business but she had a caring attitude toward her clients. I will watch her new show and be waiting with great anticipation, l do not care for Egypt. Hurry Please.

Kay February 21, 2012 at 9:19 pm

Property Virgins was always my one of favorite HGTV offerings. Now that Sandra’s gone, it’ not the same. The new host just isnt able to convey the same warmth and sincerity that Sandra presents. HGTV might want to give someone else a try. For now, unless Sandra’s on the show, I’m skipping Property Virgins. Looking forward to Sandra’s new show!

Housig February 21, 2012 at 9:24 pm

I watched the show b/c Sandra and I hope her new show “Buy Herself” will be aired in US

Charlene February 21, 2012 at 10:02 pm

I too am like most of the posters. I really miss Sandra on the show. We wondered what happened and my husband told me to google her. I am really disappointed with Egypt’s approach. She lacks the compassion and softness this show requires. The houses which she picks for her customers are on the bottom of the scale or they are really small. The new episode the buyer did not buy a house at all. this was very disappointing. Sorry Egypt your not up to par here. Let this one go and pursue other endeavors. Congrats on the baby.

JERRY KONKOL February 21, 2012 at 11:59 pm

SORRY, EGYPT HAS TO GO! VERY DISAPPOINTING. NOT EVEN CLOSE TO SANDRA.

Art February 22, 2012 at 12:39 am

I’m going to miss her great bust and cute face. Lets be honest guys – that was our main reason for watching.

Earl February 22, 2012 at 12:47 am

PV was a gem of a show; ruined by the new host. I’m glad some of Sandra’s episodes are still on; we’ll watch those when we can catch them. Otherwise, there’s plenty of other stuff on TV and plenty of books to read. Although Sandra did make PV a great show, I worry that her new concept is too narrow.

Rhonda Pollock February 22, 2012 at 10:43 am

I have read many of the comments & yes, I am one of the ones that will miss Sandra. She did make the show with her personality. I read that another Rhonda thought Sandra was too stern with parents & friends who came to help the new comers, well she had to be on some occasions as the new comers didn’t have the nerve to say anything to them. I saw the relief on their faces. I am not saying that Egypt is a bad host, but she is for sure different. She doesn’t have the bubbly personality of Sandra, so it will be something we will have to get used to. I have watched about 3 episodes & so far I am not too sure I will be watching more. Good luck Sandra in you endeavors…..

Criss February 22, 2012 at 6:34 pm

So sad to see Sandra leave! I hope her new show is available in the US.

Ortiz February 22, 2012 at 9:53 pm

I think the people have spoken!

I want our Sandra fix….. I can honestly say I wont be watching……

She is trying to hard…..

Bernie Evans February 22, 2012 at 9:58 pm

I will miss Sandra. Her personality just fit the show. I hope her new show is picked up in the US. I will miss her; hopefully she will reconsider and come back. It will not be the same without her. I probably will not watch it anymore. Sorry, Egypt, but Sandra WAS Property Virgins.

Anne Berkowitz February 25, 2012 at 10:54 pm

Totally agree. I hate change and it won’t be the same without Sandra.

Ileen February 24, 2012 at 1:48 pm

Dear Sandra…I wish you all the very best, not sure I will be able to watch the newHost on Property Virgins…You made the show! Your knowledge and personality made every show unique…Hope your new show is picked up in the USA…I will be on the look out Thanks again….. Ileen

Anne Berkowitz February 25, 2012 at 10:52 pm

I love Sandra and Property Virgins and was sorry to see she had left the show. I am so glad we’ll be able to see her on her new show! Looking forward to it! Love this Blog by the way! I found you via Pinterest!

Nancy Page February 26, 2012 at 3:09 am

I loved Suzanne Whang on House Hunters and Sandra Rinomato on Property Virgins. Bring them back, HGTV!

David Plopper February 26, 2012 at 3:28 pm

I agree with every other comment made so far!!!! Fire the new host and bring Sandra back. Sandra was the show!!! She made it very intresting, fun and enjoyable to watch. The “new host” well…….you can have all of the qualifcations but that dont mean anything. She dosen’t have what Sandra has!!!!! I will watch all of the reruns of Sandra all day but none of the new ones. Please bring Sandra back!!!! This show will die with this new host!!!!!

Wabina February 26, 2012 at 3:54 pm

I like the show but never liked Sandra at all…she was so condescending I could hardly watch her….she always seemed to take pride in knowing more than the people she was working with which was her job so of course she would know more…….but she loved putting them down and I didn’t understand that??? Hope I will like the new person because it is a good show. She always rubbed me the wrong way……always…..glad she left.

Carole Brown February 26, 2012 at 4:01 pm

I’ll miss Sandra Rinomato on HGTV, she was vibrant, informative and fun to watch.
I learned quite a lot from her re real estate. Can hardly wait to see her new show.
I hope that you can replace her with someone other than Egypt. Her personality isn’t suited for this kind of program. Maybe you can create a new venue for her.

Jefferson February 27, 2012 at 7:37 pm

As a devotee of Sandra Rinomato’s real estate smarts and sassy style I have STOPPED watching Property Virgins since she left. Hopefully HGTV will find a starring role for her soon!!!

JANICE REMLEY February 28, 2012 at 9:33 pm

SO DISAPPOINTED THAT SANDRA LEFT THE SHOW. I HAVE WATCHED THE SHOW WITH THE NEW HOST AND AM NOT IMPRESSED. EGYPT JUST DOESN’T HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO HOLD MY INTEREST. SHE JUST DOESN’T HAVE THE PERSONALITY!

Chezron February 29, 2012 at 12:04 am

I LOVE Sandra! She is fair, honest, and kind! Love her and I will miss her terribly!

Patty ward February 29, 2012 at 12:31 am

I really enjoyed Property Virgins with Sandra. She is super! Will miss her but will keep my fingers crossed that her new show will be picked up here in the states!

sandra misser February 29, 2012 at 1:02 am

Done watching. No Sandra… No Show!

Sonia February 29, 2012 at 4:43 pm

I will not be watching the Property Virgins without Sandra. I saw the new show and find the new host abrasive! Sandra was very knowledgeable and kind. I will not be watching this newly hosted show – sorry.

Bees March 1, 2012 at 9:20 pm

Sandra, you’re missed. Egypt needs a wardrobe intervention. Her clothes are too small for her broad frame. There’s nothing like a good Realtor with a great attitude and helpful knowledge. Sandra had all of the above. I find myself watching the reruns. It’s out of my Rotation.

I miss it…..