Funny Listing of the Week: A Pet-Friendly House in Michigan

Here’s a house for sale in Michigan that is best described as “pet friendly.” It’s a spacious, 3,000 square-foot home that has 4 bedrooms, 2 baths, and 5 dog crates. Asking price is $489,900. German Shepherds and La-Z-Boy chairs negotiable, but dog hair included with purchase.

Click Here to See More Funny Real Estate Photos!

TV room bathroom in Tacoma
This house for sale in Tacoma, Washington, has a master bath large enough to double as a TV room. (Thanks to Abby for spotting this…
kid-friendly kitchen
This agent went out of his way to show you what a kid-friendly kitchen this Burleson, Texas, house has. This little boy clearly loves it,…

Comments

Not too classy, that’s for sure!! Funny, though. You can bet that house won’t be selling any time soon!

Oh my! I’m sneezing just looking at it!
    Aside from the obvious, I do like the old farmhouse…I see possibilities.

This owner loves dogs SOOOOO much she will only sell to another dog lover. That is commitment.

Super cute, but not a good idea if they want to sell their home. Especially in Michigan, which has one of the worst real estate markets in the country. When we sold our home three years ago, there were no dogs or dog beds in the pictures, and those things were also gone whenever the house was shown.

i often think that i could never be a realtor…pics like these make me realize that the bar isn’t always set very high…the pet odor permeates my computer screen.

6. ShabbyChick says

Ewwwww. What else is there to say besides *that house has gone to the dogs*…?

7. Kim says

Funny post! Those dogs look really cute, but I would never want any in our house. I couldn’t imagine having to cleanup after them.

I really wonder who are these real estate agents that take, and post, these photos! Have they never watched HGTV? Did they even finish the Realtor course? The dogs are really over the top, but even without them, taking a photo with the homeowner in it says “his house may be for sale, but he’s not going anywhere!”.

That’s so funny, I can’t believe what some realtors allow! We just finished house hunting for the first time and encountered a lot of crazy things too. I actually just did a post on the final result of our adventures in real estate. I’m very glad I don’t have to sift through these listings anymore because sadly pictures like these aren’t all that uncommon haha.
    Thanks for the laugh Julia!

Julia,
    I’m so happy my suggestion made the Funny Listing of the Week!! :)
    I love this site and am always looking at houses with you and the site in mind!
    Keep up the awesome work!!

Your posts crack me up. I can always rely on your blog to lift my spirits. It always brings me back to my days as a real estate agent. I am definitely hooked on houses and hooked on your blog!

12. Christina says

That is funny!! I love those German Shepherds though. Such beautiful dogs. The barka loungers/lazy boy chairs.. yuck!! Way dated!! Go away..and of course who likes a house where you sit on the furniture and you get up and need a lint brush to get all the dog or cat hair off of you? That’s not fun at all. I’ve had animals and love them so much, but the unfortunate problem is their hair all over everything.. it’s just overwhelming.. Right now keeping it simple and no animals . .. but eventually will adopt again. I would love to build an area where it would be really comfortable for them, their own play room, etc., yet keep them off of the furniture people use daily. It’s a great deal of up keep..