Funny Listing of the Week: A Pet-Friendly House in Michigan

by hookedonhouses on April 26, 2011

Here’s a house for sale in Michigan that is best described as “pet friendly.” It’s a spacious, 3,000 square-foot home that has 4 bedrooms, 2 baths, and 5 dog crates. Asking price is $489,900. German Shepherds and La-Z-Boy chairs negotiable, but dog hair included with purchase.

Thanks to Sandy for finding this listing, which totally made my day. If you find something unusual in the real estate listings, send it to me!

Click Here to See More Funny Real Estate Photos!

Maaike Quinn @ Life with FlyLady April 26, 2011 at 6:47 am

Funny :D

Robin April 26, 2011 at 6:51 am

Well, what you see is what you get! :O)

Luciane at Homebunch.com April 26, 2011 at 6:54 am

Aw… that’s funny I know and not really clean.

Cool post, Julia!

Have a great day!

xo

Luciane at HomeBunch.com

Janette@the2seasons April 26, 2011 at 6:58 am

Wow! I have no words.

Stitchfork April 26, 2011 at 6:59 am

That has me smiling this morning! And watching dino on the Flinstones – too funny!
xo Cathy

Becky K. April 26, 2011 at 7:33 am

Ooops….that breaks a lot of “rules”.
Funny!

cherylk April 26, 2011 at 8:23 am

Not too classy, that’s for sure!! Funny, though. You can bet that house won’t be selling any time soon!

Amanda @ Serenity Now April 26, 2011 at 8:31 am

Looks like they really let that place go to the dogs, huh? ;) The shot of the German Shepherd on the couch with the TV is priceless!

Ricki Jill Treleaven April 26, 2011 at 9:17 am

I love German Shepherds. Do they come with the house? LOL this post is great, Julia!

Jeannine @ Small & Chic April 26, 2011 at 9:17 am

I wonder how the agent felt taking those shots. I wonder if the homeowner refused to move or if the agent didn’t even bother asking. So odd!

Pat April 26, 2011 at 9:33 am

Oh my! I’m sneezing just looking at it!
Aside from the obvious, I do like the old farmhouse…I see possibilities.

Gary April 26, 2011 at 10:38 am

This owner loves dogs SOOOOO much she will only sell to another dog lover. That is commitment.

Nichole@40daysof April 26, 2011 at 10:59 am

Super cute, but not a good idea if they want to sell their home. Especially in Michigan, which has one of the worst real estate markets in the country. When we sold our home three years ago, there were no dogs or dog beds in the pictures, and those things were also gone whenever the house was shown.

Alison April 26, 2011 at 11:19 am

i often think that i could never be a realtor…pics like these make me realize that the bar isn’t always set very high…the pet odor permeates my computer screen.

ShabbyChick April 26, 2011 at 12:38 pm

Ewwwww. What else is there to say besides *that house has gone to the dogs*…?

Astrid April 26, 2011 at 1:54 pm

Hilarious! Thanks for the laughs! I can always count on you to brighten my day! :)

Kim April 26, 2011 at 4:25 pm

Funny post! Those dogs look really cute, but I would never want any in our house. I couldn’t imagine having to cleanup after them.

Holly April 26, 2011 at 6:19 pm

I really wonder who are these real estate agents that take, and post, these photos! Have they never watched HGTV? Did they even finish the Realtor course? The dogs are really over the top, but even without them, taking a photo with the homeowner in it says “his house may be for sale, but he’s not going anywhere!”.

Heidi@recklessbliss April 26, 2011 at 6:43 pm

That’s so funny, I can’t believe what some realtors allow! We just finished house hunting for the first time and encountered a lot of crazy things too. I actually just did a post on the final result of our adventures in real estate. I’m very glad I don’t have to sift through these listings anymore because sadly pictures like these aren’t all that uncommon haha.
Thanks for the laugh Julia!

Jess @ Frugal with a Flourish April 26, 2011 at 8:31 pm

Hysterical!!! I love it! That shot of the TV will really sell the house!

Destiny April 26, 2011 at 10:37 pm

These pictures made me itch — I need to take a Benadryl!

Sandy April 27, 2011 at 7:08 pm

Julia,
I’m so happy my suggestion made the Funny Listing of the Week!! :)
I love this site and am always looking at houses with you and the site in mind!
Keep up the awesome work!!

Donna April 28, 2011 at 10:58 pm

You know…one can NEVER be too close to fur.

Love it Julia!

Erica April 28, 2011 at 11:56 pm

Your posts crack me up. I can always rely on your blog to lift my spirits. It always brings me back to my days as a real estate agent. I am definitely hooked on houses and hooked on your blog!

Juju at Tales of Whimsy... April 29, 2011 at 6:06 pm

Eeeek!

Christina April 29, 2011 at 7:47 pm

That is funny!! I love those German Shepherds though. Such beautiful dogs. The barka loungers/lazy boy chairs.. yuck!! Way dated!! Go away..and of course who likes a house where you sit on the furniture and you get up and need a lint brush to get all the dog or cat hair off of you? That’s not fun at all. I’ve had animals and love them so much, but the unfortunate problem is their hair all over everything.. it’s just overwhelming.. Right now keeping it simple and no animals . .. but eventually will adopt again. I would love to build an area where it would be really comfortable for them, their own play room, etc., yet keep them off of the furniture people use daily. It’s a great deal of up keep..

Brandi @ Frugal Farmhouse June 19, 2011 at 9:23 pm

holy crap! that is hilarious