Be a Doll and Buy This House

by hookedonhouses on November 2, 2010

Carrie at fireplace

When I first saw this real estate listing for a $1.175-million home in Hermosa Beach, California, I thought the doll was just a quirky addition to the living room decor. So imagine my surprise when she popped up in the bathroom, too, looking like she’s ready to run a bath…

Bad MLS listing-Creepy Carrie bathtub

What’s this? Now she’s standing on the sink!

Carrie on sink

Dolly would like to show you the sofa in the living room–she’s very excited about it:

Carrie on second sofaThis reminds me of the listing with the two vases that popped up in every room–remember that one?

Carrie at desk

Meet Dolly’s sworn enemy, the Mannequin in the Hall. Looks like she’s showing Mannequin what’s what. “Don’t make me stick another pin on you!”

Carrie and mannequin

At this point I’m thinking, this has to be a joke, right? But there’s no mention of the doll in the real estate agent’s description at all. It does say “Best-kept secret in Hermosa!” After looking at these photos, I’m a little scared to ask what the secret is…

Carrie on sofa

Did I mention that this house is selling for over $1 million? Maybe the photos make more sense when you’ve been drinking a little, like Dolly has…

Carrie on lounge chair-closeup

Uh-oh. Looks like she had one too many. I think the tour is over.

Carrie on third tub

I’m sure some of you are saying, “Too cute!” While the rest are thinking, “Too creepy!” Which camp do you fall in?

As a reminder: If You’re Putting Your House on the Market, Put Your Dolls Away! Thanks to Monica for finding this listing.

Click Here to See More Funny Stuff We Found in the Real Estate Listings!

sue@solsticehome November 2, 2010 at 10:17 pm

Oh my Julia, this is a good one. Funny, sad and creepy! I would love to see a followup to see if this house actually sells! thanks for sharing this.
.-= sue@solsticehome´s last blog ..Vintage Wood Santa Matryoshka Nesting Dolls =-.

Karen November 2, 2010 at 10:17 pm

OMG! That is a cross between hilarious and plain ol’ creepy. I would say that must be one eccentric homeowner.
.-= Karen´s last blog ..Boo Hoo =-.

Kelly, Arte Styling November 2, 2010 at 10:30 pm

so funny. no words.
.-= Kelly, Arte Styling´s last blog ..Dia de los Muertos =-.

50s Housewife November 2, 2010 at 10:31 pm

Wow! That’s…different. Do you think the doll greets the guests when they have an open house? ;)

Kelli Holtz November 2, 2010 at 10:31 pm

This is just totally creepy, hands down! What were they thinking or better yet, who did they think they were appealing to?
.-= Kelli Holtz´s last blog ..Green Design =-.

Lisa November 2, 2010 at 10:32 pm

Creepy!!! Capital C!! WTF? This has to be a joke or something.

Christie November 2, 2010 at 10:33 pm

Creepy! Remember the movie Whatever Happened to Baby Jane? I can so see the crazy sister living there…

Bethany November 2, 2010 at 10:34 pm

I’m gonna go with creepy, like really, really, really creepy. Course, it could have been a whole heck of a lot creepier and been a clown.
.-= Bethany´s last blog ..Chuck the crutch =-.

Tracey November 2, 2010 at 11:34 pm

Oh no, don’t even say it……………!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Argh !!!!!!

Creepy beyond words :-)

allyson November 2, 2010 at 10:39 pm

I’m very much in the creepy camp!! I can’t believe the real estate actually went with it!! was a lil bit of a giggle though Julia…thanks!!!
.-= allyson´s last blog ..Halloween!!! =-.

desiree November 2, 2010 at 10:40 pm

Thanks for the laugh! Seriously, I’ve heard of real estate agents moving a house plant or vase of flowers but that doll is just weird. Why???? I want to know.
.-= desiree´s last blog ..Just Listed- Los Gatos Entertaining =-.

Sara @ Russet Street Reno November 2, 2010 at 10:42 pm

So creepy!!! And not only is the doll so weird, but all the photos themselves are terrible, with or without it in the pics.
.-= Sara @ Russet Street Reno´s last blog ..Finally- my Halloween post =-.

Tiffany S. November 2, 2010 at 10:48 pm

Well if that ain’t the WHAT THE WHAT??? of the week, then I don’t know what is. That is whacked. Are they serious about the million dollars? Nuts, pure nuts!

Barefoot Della November 2, 2010 at 10:50 pm

This really is creepy! Would love to know the rest of the story!
.-= Barefoot Della´s last blog ..Apres Beach Skin Care =-.

Billy November 2, 2010 at 11:01 pm

Hermosa is the quirkiest/surfiest of the four beach cities that squeeze in between toney Palos Verdes Estates and LAX. So the crazy doll and kitschy decor are not surprising, but she dose tip the balance toward creepy, because my sisters use to scare me with their Suzzy-Stand-up till I was…to old to be freaked by a doll.

Desiree Leone November 2, 2010 at 11:05 pm

Ohhh that is scary!! I’m with you Julia…I don’t want to know the secret! Hahaha…

Nita November 2, 2010 at 11:09 pm

Sick, and the house doesn’t look very nice, either.

Desiree Leone November 2, 2010 at 11:11 pm

Ooohhh that is very scary and creepy! I’m with you Julia, I don’t want to know the secret! Hahaha

Karen November 2, 2010 at 11:24 pm

That is just too darn creepy for me, lol. Wow. I think they’d have to pay ME a million to take it off their hands. Two million if I have to take the doll too!
.-= Karen´s last blog ..One Holiday Down… Three to Go =-.

The Little Red Shop November 2, 2010 at 11:36 pm

It’s an episode right out of “The Twilight Zone!”

Wow!!!

Julie M.
.-= The Little Red Shop´s last blog ..The Ruffles &amp Rust Ball =-.

Patricia November 2, 2010 at 11:51 pm

I haven’t laughed so hard in a long time. The sofa caption was the best. Thank you.

lindsay November 2, 2010 at 11:55 pm

Take out the creepy doll and the pictures are still BAD! The realtor ought to be ashamed…
.-= lindsay´s last blog ..politics and smooches =-.

Lori-Anne November 2, 2010 at 11:56 pm

Me, I’m in WTF?!?! camp myself. Love how you ended the tour, though – way to story board it!
.-= Lori-Anne´s last blog ..November Notes =-.

Tricia Rose November 3, 2010 at 12:07 am

Definitely dipso-doll – and one desperate realtor.

Heather November 3, 2010 at 12:22 am

how ’bout just plain nutso on doll and price!
.-= Heather´s last blog ..Getting around in Paris =-.

Cindy November 3, 2010 at 1:01 am

I don’t think the owner had anything to do with it except it was probably a doll they had around. Those sneaky real estate agents have figured out how to get attention and more exposure!

Colette November 3, 2010 at 1:05 am

CREEPY! This looks a set from a Stephen King movie!

Kim November 3, 2010 at 1:24 am

This is too funny! That doll does remind me of the vase house. Wouldn’t it be funny if both realtors are related? They could barrow each other’s staging items. Yeah forget it. These realtors need to go out of business.

Karena November 3, 2010 at 1:32 am

Well it gets your attention…I lean on the creepy side though. What is wrong with that realtor!?

Come and see my latest find, would love your comments,

Xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena
.-= Karena´s last blog ..The Winner From Metis Linens is!!!!!! =-.

Jenny November 3, 2010 at 3:03 am

It reminds me a little of Chucky from that scary movie “Child’s Play”. I just can’t see it having any positive effect on prospective buyers.

Mom in High Heels November 3, 2010 at 3:16 am

WOWZER! I couldn’t buy the house because I’d be worried some crazy doll ghost would come get me. You know what would have been nice? If the agent took photos that actually showed the house. Weird.
.-= Mom in High Heels´s last blog ..The safest place =-.

Trish November 3, 2010 at 4:20 am

Was this meant to be quirky? but missed the mark and is instead seriously creepy? Perhaps Chucky has a girlfriend…

Jess @ Frugal with a Flourish November 3, 2010 at 5:21 am

Too creepy! Holy cow!! That is really REALLY strange!
.-= Jess @ Frugal with a Flourish´s last blog ..October Review and Favorite Posts =-.

Lisa November 3, 2010 at 5:25 am

A bit creepy for my taste…
.-= Lisa´s last blog ..Holy 1940s kitchen =-.

Miz Booshay November 3, 2010 at 6:36 am

That is the weirdest thing ever!!!
This person is an artist!!!

Reminds me of The Lonely Doll by Dare Wright :o)
.-= Miz Booshay´s last blog .. =-.

laney November 3, 2010 at 6:40 am

…why do people do things like that….

pk @ Room Remix November 3, 2010 at 6:46 am

Creepy. Very creepy. I just really don’t get it! :-)
.-= pk @ Room Remix´s last blog ..Makeover on a Small Budget – Home Office to Girls Bedroom =-.

Heidi Stefanc November 3, 2010 at 6:52 am

WOW. The last photo of the Doll looks as though she had to much to drink , one eye almost closed. Kind of reminded me of a I love Lucy show. But if the doll does not scare them the colors on the walls will.
One thing I did love was the Teal phone and lamp combo.

Sally November 3, 2010 at 7:03 am

Somebody w/ a good sense of humor, no doubt — but I find it creepy, and if I were seriously looking….would move on to the next listing. Besides – people are only looking to find the doll in each picture (can you say Where’s Waldo?) I barely noticed the rooms. AND, what is UP with that asking price? Seriously?

Trish @TheOldPostRoad November 3, 2010 at 7:25 am

Way too creepy!

Beverly November 3, 2010 at 7:26 am

Way too creepy for me!!!

Misty November 3, 2010 at 7:27 am

I am literally laughing out loud right now…Love the pics, but love your captions even more. What a way to start my morning!

Jena @ Involving Color November 3, 2010 at 7:30 am

I had a doll just like that one when I was a kid! Mine was way less creepy, though. This one is a little too Chucky-like :)
.-= Jena @ Involving Color´s last blog ..Before and After Home Tour =-.

Amy Button November 3, 2010 at 7:37 am

So the house is haunted with Chucky’s little sister?That’s the secret. I didn’t even notice the house because of the doll.
.-= Amy Button´s last blog ..What I’m Doing =-.

Danielle November 3, 2010 at 7:53 am

Creepy.

I would imagine if you bought that house, you would wake up one night with that doll standing over you.
.-= Danielle´s last blog ..Doppelgängers =-.

Emily@remodelingthislife November 3, 2010 at 7:55 am

creepy!! especially the last pic of her looking drunk – totally laughing out loud.

Rachel November 3, 2010 at 7:57 am

The secret is- the doll will randomly show up at different times in different rooms of the house. It’s creepy, the doll isn’t even cute.
.-= Rachel´s last blog ..Mornings =-.

Luciane at Homebunch.com November 3, 2010 at 8:03 am

This is a “perfect” combination of bad taste with some sense of humor. :-)

At least they got what they wanted: attention!!! Right? lol

Luciane at HOMEBUNCH.COM

Farmeress November 3, 2010 at 8:14 am

It got attention and long-looks for a house that wouldn’t otherwise (with that price tag) earn them! Is there a “Smart” or desperate category????

Kristen @ More Than Mulberries November 3, 2010 at 8:18 am

Creepy!!!
.-= Kristen @ More Than Mulberries´s last blog ..Halloween 2010 =-.

lisak November 3, 2010 at 8:19 am

Oooh. My sisters had that doll. Saucy Walker. She was creepy in 1968, too.

Kelly November 3, 2010 at 8:23 am

Oh, my! When me and my sister were little, mom had similar sized dolls she kept in her bedroom that freaked us out. We’d think they were alive and were watching us (we were 4-5.) Scary things when you’re that little! She finally got rid of them but I still remember the dream I had when I was about 6 about all her dolls coming alive and wanting to trap and kill us! That is one seriously scary listing. And what’s even funnier is the doll itself is so freaking crazy looking! With the weird eyes and messed up hair. Was the realtor trying to be funny? I hope so, or else that is even creepier.
.-= Kelly´s last blog ..1890 Victorian- Lake City- CO =-.

Janelle November 3, 2010 at 8:40 am

I’m not sure “creepy” even begins to describe it.

Leah November 3, 2010 at 8:40 am

Haha! I think it’s funny and definitely crazy, but I’m not creeped out.

Jessica at Lavender and Lilies November 3, 2010 at 9:01 am

That’s disturbing…
.-= Jessica at Lavender and Lilies´s last blog ..Who Knew! =-.

Stefanie November 3, 2010 at 9:12 am

What a disappointment — where are the pictures of the doll whipping up dinner in the kitchen, doing a load of laundry and lounging around the master bedroom? :) I think the real estate agent stole this idea from those terrible Old Navy commercials that use the mannequins instead of real people. This is just awful.

Gloria November 3, 2010 at 9:14 am

Hi, Julia. Well, first I said, “Oh! How creepy!” THEN, I said: “Hey… wait a minute! I think that’s Kissy!!!!” Kissy was a doll I had when I was little, in the early 60′s. So after I saw that it was “Kissy” then I wasn’t scared anymore. LOL!
Best,
Gloria
.-= Gloria´s last blog ..Autumn in my neck of the woods =-.

melissa November 3, 2010 at 9:15 am

hilarious.

Cori Heffernan November 3, 2010 at 9:17 am

Reminds me of the Lonely Doll Storybook although this house looks a bit sad. Maybe they should have done the pics in black and white.

lindseydawn November 3, 2010 at 9:23 am

Crazy!! my favorite part: “she’s very exited about it”

Pat November 3, 2010 at 9:33 am

I’m cracking up! When I roll my mouse over the pictures, I see the doll is named “Carrie”. Did you name her that? I know it was the name of a scary movie!
If placing props in photos of (ugly over priced) homes for sale becomes a trend, we’re in for a lot of good laughs in the future!
.-= Pat´s last blog ..In no particular order… =-.

hookedonhouses November 3, 2010 at 9:46 am

The reader who sent me the link referred to her as “Creepy Carrie.” Good name for her! -Julia :-)

Dean November 3, 2010 at 9:53 am

Creepy and weird.

Patti November 3, 2010 at 10:10 am

So creepy! I guess they wanted to distract the viewer from the horrible rooms. The pictures are awful.

ana November 3, 2010 at 10:18 am

not creepy. odd yes, and kinda funny. i do like that turquoise phone!
.-= ana ´s last blog ..14 reasons i love vintage pyrex =-.

LIzzy November 3, 2010 at 10:37 am

Doll… creepy and funny.

And I think it might have been the Realtor who had a liquid lunch before they took these pictures, because ONCE again… people are buying the HOUSE not the furniture – PLEASE show the rooms, not close ups of a couch….
.-= LIzzy´s last blog ..Sometimes It Should Be Easier =-.

Kathy November 3, 2010 at 10:38 am

Funny and creepy! Enough to deter me from ever looking at that house, no matter how good of a deal it was.

lindajb November 3, 2010 at 11:04 am

Sorry, doll collectors, but I think dolls poised all over the house is creepy and just down right tacky. Marie Osmond sells dolls (and I love her) sells dolls on QVC and she talks about what you can do with this one and that one and I just want to barf. Oh well, to each his own. I’m sure at least one person would barf at my house.

Alycia November 3, 2010 at 11:09 am

OMG, I just about peed my pants on this one. I posted the link to this one on my realtor’s friend page. He’ll just love it!

Thanks for the great laugh this morning!
.-= Alycia´s last blog ..E-Decorating – Master Bedroom =-.

Becky @ Farmgirl Paints November 3, 2010 at 11:41 am

OH NO they didn’t!!!
.-= Becky @ Farmgirl Paints´s last blog ..Oh happy dayEtsy store revealed- =-.

Carrie November 3, 2010 at 11:45 am

The creepy factor was really dialed up in this listing. Do you still have to pay a huge commission the a realtor that does this? Yikes.

Susan S November 3, 2010 at 11:46 am

I personally don’t know what to think! Someone’s quirky humor?? The house doesn’t appear to be too bad, but needs complete updating.

Amanda @ Serenity Now November 3, 2010 at 11:54 am

Maybe Chucky stood her up and she needed that drink. Seriously creepy and unprofessional real estate photos!
.-= Amanda @ Serenity Now´s last blog ..And Then There Was One =-.

Handy Man, Crafty Woman November 3, 2010 at 12:17 pm

Uhhh, sorry, I’m in the “THAT IS CREEPY” camp.

WHY do people DO things like this?!?!?
.-= Handy Man, Crafty Woman´s last blog ..Scrap Room Organization- Before and After =-.

KimberlyRose November 3, 2010 at 12:23 pm

Throwing my vote in for “creepy.”

melissa November 3, 2010 at 1:02 pm

that is odd….just plain odd. (rolling eyes)

Bre November 3, 2010 at 1:25 pm

bahahaha your comments crack me up! This is downright creepy and very sad. It absolutely reminded me of the omnipresent plants from an earlier post. I’m not a fan of life size dolls and I don’t see the relevance in a real estate listing. Her fake drinking was too much, as is the price for this ” best kept secret” house.
.-= Bre´s last blog ..Holy Grail- Giorgio Armani Lasting Silk UV Foundation SPF 20 =-.

Ann November 3, 2010 at 1:25 pm

OMG, I’m totally creeped out. I wouldn’t want to live in the same neighborhood. As the realtor.

Beck November 3, 2010 at 1:50 pm

That was kinda messed up…..creepy too!

Daisy November 3, 2010 at 3:33 pm

This is too creepy, almost like Chucky. I would rather have the 2 vases..
.-= Daisy´s last blog ..Eco Friendly Holiday Lights- Which Should You Buy And How Should You Use Them =-.

Cheryl November 3, 2010 at 6:02 pm

Well I’ll be having nightmares tonight!!

Ms. Pearl November 3, 2010 at 6:06 pm

This post made me laugh out loud. What were they thinking??
.-= Ms. Pearl´s last blog ..“The Promise of Trees” =-.

Cathy Rust November 3, 2010 at 6:57 pm

Great post as usual Julia!
Aside from the weird and total “horror movie” aspect of it, the doll detracts from the photos. I kept looking at her instead of the decor!
BTW, the house price doesn’t surprise me, even in this economy. My sister lives in SO Cal, and the house prices are still out of the stratosphere where she is (on the coast).
.-= Cathy Rust´s last blog ..The Timeless Material Company Saves Architectural Artifacts From Demolition =-.

Amanda November 3, 2010 at 7:05 pm

The girls and I got a HUGE kick out of this post…your commentary is hysterical! One word—CREEPY!!!!!!!!

mydesignchic November 3, 2010 at 7:09 pm

I know why it hasn’t sold…totally weird!!
.-= mydesignchic´s last blog ..Windows Welcome… =-.

Ricki Jill Treleaven November 3, 2010 at 7:58 pm

Methinks Dolly is the “Mistress of Chuckie.” Hermosa’s best-kept secret is out. Run!!! Run away, little homebuyer, before you become Dolly’s latest victim!
.-= Ricki Jill Treleaven´s last blog ..Book Club Buttermilk Pie Recipe =-.

Our Nifty Notebook November 3, 2010 at 8:05 pm

ROTF, that is the creepiest thing! Maybe it’s that agent’s signature look? LOL!
.-= Our Nifty Notebook´s last blog ..Happy Birthday- Heather! =-.

Emily November 3, 2010 at 9:10 pm

Creepy! I hope the doll isn’t their marketing strategy!!
.-= Emily´s last blog ..Birthday Cruise- day 1 =-.

Amy from China Shepherdess November 3, 2010 at 10:02 pm

I am very tempted to ask my relatives in the area to find a way to see his house in person. There has to be a story there. Hoping I don’t have nightmares tonight…
.-= Amy from China Shepherdess´s last blog ..Wallpaper Whenever Super Hyper Micro Link – Favourite Things by ferm LIVING- THE MAKING OF A WALLPAPER =-.

Erin November 4, 2010 at 12:45 am

Maybe the owner told the agent, “You can have my million dollar listing, but I insist my darling Suzy be in every shot. She’s adorable.” Otherwise, I cannot explain this hilariously creepy listing.

jeannine520 November 4, 2010 at 12:53 am

Another bit of proof that real estate agents are twisted.

linda @ Lime in the coconut November 4, 2010 at 6:44 am

Uh….I’m in the “now I am going to have nightmares” camp.

shiver.
.-= linda @ Lime in the coconut´s last blog ..Politics weary Check this out… =-.

Love Where You Live November 4, 2010 at 8:31 am

In the “creepy” camp.
(altho, I’m sure the homeowners were just having a good time . . . I hope.)
.-= Love Where You Live´s last blog ..44 Trendy But Budget Savvy Decorating Tips =-.

black eyed susans kitchen November 4, 2010 at 9:36 am

Catching up today Julia…creepy for sure! From the, I don’t want to know what they were thinking camp!
.-= black eyed susans kitchen´s last blog ..COOKING STUDIOFINESSING THE FLOUR =-.

Melanie {The Tiny Tudor} November 4, 2010 at 11:09 am

Creepy, creepy, creepy.
.-= Melanie {The Tiny Tudor}´s last blog ..My Haunted House =-.

Lindsay H November 4, 2010 at 1:19 pm

I think either the seller or the agent reads your blog and read the vase listing. They thought, if I can get this on hooked on homes, more people will see it and read about it for free. They thought any marketing would be better than no marketing!
.-= Lindsay H´s last blog ..Saras House Warming Party =-.

Traci B November 4, 2010 at 2:14 pm

I vote really creepy!
.-= Traci B´s last blog ..Can we skip Thanksgiving =-.

Josanne November 4, 2010 at 4:04 pm

This is very…..odd! If you ever hear of why the doll was turning up everywhere, please fill us in!
.-= Josanne´s last blog ..My Final Fall Chocolate Bouquet Wreath =-.

Judith H. Levins November 4, 2010 at 4:20 pm

I thought it was hysterical. Though the listing price is even funnier ; ) Tell me does the doll come with the house LOL. I guess they needed a gimmick, the last shot cracks me up with one eye closed…oh my!

hookedonhouses November 4, 2010 at 4:23 pm

I think for that price, the doll should definitely come with it… ;-)

Tallgrass Design November 4, 2010 at 8:17 pm

I’m not sure if I can stop laughing long enough to type a comment. It’s just sick and twisted. Makes me think of Talky Tina from the original Twilight Zone show. “My name is Talky Tina and I’m going to kill you…if you don’t buy this house.”
.-= Tallgrass Design´s last blog ..Floral Foam Tips =-.

Juju at Tales of Whimsy.com November 5, 2010 at 3:10 pm

No way! Seriously? Yikes!
.-= Juju at Tales of Whimsy.com´s last blog ..Cover to Covet- Gorgeous Costume =-.

LucyT November 6, 2010 at 2:07 am

CREEEEEEPY

Mandy November 6, 2010 at 3:27 am

That is definitely creepy! Who are these people?

Trinity November 6, 2010 at 6:06 am

very creative, it’s really funny…love your concept… ;)

Darla November 8, 2010 at 8:23 pm

Normally dolls freak me the h*ll out! But I can’t stop laughing about this!!

Toni November 16, 2010 at 5:52 pm

Too funny! Linking up ..

susan matthews November 16, 2010 at 7:45 pm

Entertaining but not good home staging! Chuckie’s bride won’t entice me to buy a home. I found the price to value ratio far scarier, though.
.-= susan matthews´s last blog ..Closet Clean Out Tough Love =-.

Anna .S November 19, 2010 at 8:42 am

House needs to be refreshed and toning down of the color palate. As for the doll that would just creep me out, i would avoid this listing due to the fact of this doll in question. Quirky sense of humor..well not my kind of humor but to someone else I suppose it’s comical!

Linda P. November 19, 2010 at 9:20 am

*whispering* omg… definitely creepy… like dolly is posessed or something. by the house maybe? *shudder*

Elisabeth November 20, 2010 at 8:59 am

Who on earth would pay that much for a house with hideous blue paint, crappy furniture, and an uber-creepy doll?!

Kellie November 20, 2010 at 11:37 pm

Too creepy.

On another note, she looks like a Shirley Temple doll.

Ashley @ sunnysideshlee.com November 24, 2010 at 1:21 pm

OMG i about died when they showed her post-drink! People. are. crazy!!
.-= Ashley @ sunnysideshlee.com´s last blog ..Thankfulness =-.

Kimberly C. January 4, 2011 at 11:04 am

Re: The Dolly House. The photographer seems to be out of touch, with what sells and what people might perceive as an inspiring photo; it’s more about the doll photo shoot than looking at the property. It’s hard to tell what the place looks like!
.-= Kimberly C.´s last blog ..Sale! =-.

Denise January 4, 2011 at 4:12 pm

that is just too creepy weird!!!! I think I would have screamed if I’d walked around the corner with the doll AND the mannequin! yikes!
.-= Denise´s last blog ..office makeover- rope shelves =-.

sealcoating 06488 January 4, 2011 at 5:34 pm

I am absolutely in the “too creepy” camp, though I did think this post was pretty funny. So good work on that.

Julianne January 4, 2011 at 9:08 pm

OH my gosh, I am DYING laughing over here. I missed the original post but caught it when you did the re-run of it today. Thanks a lot — that had me in stitches. And my husband was chuckling too.

Linda Leyble January 6, 2011 at 11:38 am

Oh that was such a funny blog post. Speaking of the doll – I had one like that when I was a kid. I had wanted Patty Playpal for Christmas, but my parents thought she a bit too expensive – so they bought me a doll called “Sister Marilyn.” She was bigger that Patty Playpal – but not as cute. She looked just like the doll in these photos!!

Anyway – I clicked on the listing link – and the doll is no longer there. I don’t know how the realtor could have ever put up these photos! Maybe she was thinking like an advertiser who purposely puts on a really annoying commercial – so that everyone remembers it!

Julia, I have a listing in my town that is pretty bad. Do I just send you the link to it?

Thanks for the post!

Linda Leyble

hookedonhouses January 6, 2011 at 12:00 pm

Aw, you’re right, they took the funny photos down. Maybe the doll wasn’t selling the house as well as they hoped?

Monica January 25, 2011 at 5:51 pm

Like…. cureepeeee dude! Always wondered where the whelp of Chuckie and Bride Of ended up, but never suspected it was right next to my hometown. Just to let folks know, it’s rarely the house you buy for bucks anywhere near a California beach (and if it is, you’re really going to pay … try $4-5 mil) … but always it’s the property. Regardless, Child of Chuckie would be better left chained in the closet, no matter the zip-code, or how hard her ‘masters’ are trying to detract one’s eye from the inviting (sic) (wait … should that be sick) interior.

Jill February 19, 2011 at 9:21 pm

Ha ha thanks for a good laugh!

Kat March 29, 2011 at 11:19 am

Two words: Talking Tina

Renee April 4, 2011 at 4:10 pm

That is too funny! Good to see some people don’t take life too seriously. But if it was my house, I wouldn’t take that chance!

Dawn June 22, 2011 at 7:44 am

I don’t think it’s creepy. It’s kind of cute but I could live without it.

The doll isn’t going to win me over one way or another.

I think a nice house will sell itself without that kind of “staging”. However, some staging is nice.

When we were looking at houses, one of the master baths had a bucket of champagne near the jacuzzi tub. That was nice! And the master bath was beautiful. I could have just lived in that room alone.

Kate June 29, 2011 at 4:42 am

I’d be a bit worried about the doll popping up everywhere….does “Chucky” ring a bell anyone? Or maybe I have been watching TOO many horror movies…

Janice July 9, 2011 at 4:44 pm

I have the exact doll,dress her every hallowe’en for display,she is 54 years old this year!!!!!

Tracy July 9, 2011 at 7:47 pm

I had that doll when I was little. Always wondered what happened to her. Had no idea she’d gone into real estate.

cyndyana July 9, 2011 at 9:50 pm

The doll is cute, the house if retro funky and the captions were hilarious!

Kelly Morrison May 16, 2012 at 6:16 am

I would open up the drywall. Don’t be surprised if a body is inside. That doll is hiding something.

hookedonhouses May 16, 2012 at 7:41 am

Ha!

Menahil December 8, 2012 at 10:08 am

TOO Creepy! Btw, this house is so ugly who would ever buy it for over a MILLION!!??

{ 3 trackbacks }