Pop Quiz: Name These 10 Halloween-Movie Houses

by hookedonhouses on October 24, 2010

These 10 houses were featured in movies with witches, ghosts, and a skin-crawling mystery or two–perfect for Halloween! Can you name them? Click the pics & links for the answers.

#1. Double, Double, Toil and Trouble:

Halloween Movie House #5

orange-line

#2. The Fury of a (Dead) Woman Scorned:

Halloween Movie House #8orange-line#3. A Handbook for the Recently Deceased:

Halloween Movie House #1orange-line

#4. The Butler Didn’t Do It–the Housekeeper Did:

Halloween Movie House #6orange-line

#5. A Witch Who Wants to be “Normal:”

Halloween Movie House #4

orange-line#6. I Wonder What the Neighbors Are Up To?

Halloween Movie House #2

orange-line#7. Curses!

Halloween Movie House #3orange-line#8. The Remake Wasn’t As Scary:

Halloween Movie House #7orange-line#9. Have Your Inhaler Ready:

Halloween Movie House #9orange-line

#10: They Had High Hopes for This House:

front of house in movie

How many did you guess? Did the clues help? (Click the links and photos to see the answers!)

Think you’re good at this? See if you can name the 10 Oscar-Nominated Movies These Houses Starred In!

Jess @ Frugal with a Flourish October 24, 2010 at 9:12 pm

I didn’t get as many as I would have hoped! But have you ever noticed how many scary movies are set in Victorian houses? White Victorian houses. Uh… yeah – maybe that isn’t my dream house anymore! :)
.-= Jess @ Frugal with a Flourish´s last blog ..Making a Shelf out of a Stair =-.

Centsational Girl October 24, 2010 at 9:14 pm

Oh gee, the only ones I know are #2 and #9 but I LOVE when you do these House Quiz posts, they are too much fun!!!
xo
Kate

DJ October 24, 2010 at 9:21 pm

I got 8/10. I didn’t know #3 or #4. Great post!

Susan @ Your home, only better. October 24, 2010 at 9:40 pm

Ok, that last house looks a little like mine…should I be nervous? ;)
.-= Susan @ Your home, only better.´s last blog ..Chalkboard Pumpkins =-.

Becky @ Farmgirl Paints October 24, 2010 at 10:09 pm

I only recognized a couple. I guess I avoid scary movies if possible. Cute post Julia:)
.-= Becky @ Farmgirl Paints´s last blog ..Perspective =-.

Karena October 24, 2010 at 10:59 pm

I knew I would not get them all, very fun though Julia!!
xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena
.-= Karena´s last blog ..Luxurious 300 Giveaway from Metis Linens =-.

Billy October 25, 2010 at 1:08 am

I thought 7 was from “Valley Girl”.

Kim October 25, 2010 at 1:52 am

I got 7 out of 10. Are you going to be doing 3, 6, and 7? That would be really cool if you did. I love those movies. Especially the houses.

Jessica October 25, 2010 at 4:38 am

I only guessed #4 and #8- and only from reading your blog. Haha I actually did watch the Rebecca movie after I read about it, but I don’t like scary movies as a rule. Hitchcock films are something of an exception with me, though. ;-)
.-= Jessica´s last blog ..Highlights from our trip to the USA =-.

Atia Serene Alexander October 25, 2010 at 5:04 am

LOVE your site! Y ou should include the original Halloween and Scream houses 8-D I have the addresses for to all the homes if you like them.

Ashley October 28, 2010 at 1:34 pm

I second the Scream request :)

Janet October 25, 2010 at 8:12 am

I am soooo bad at these. The only one I knew was #3, the best movie ever, ever, ever! I think #7 is my neighbors house… ;)
.-= Janet´s last blog ..Not Your Mommas Pumpkin! =-.

Catherine October 25, 2010 at 8:17 am

I missed #4 and #7. (And I hadn’t even heard of #4!)
.-= Catherine´s last blog ..Coffee Flavored Coffee =-.

Desiree October 25, 2010 at 8:53 am

As a teacher I can appreciate a POP QUIZ!! Although, I would have failed this one because I don’t watch scary movies…cute idea Julia!
.-= Desiree´s last blog ..Tim Clark- The Modern Beach House =-.

Claire October 25, 2010 at 9:48 am

I adore the house from #5. I sometimes watch that movie just to see the house!

I watched a pretty okay movie over the weekend – The Joneses – and thought of you when they opened their front door. You should check it out, if only for the giant photostrips by the stairs…!

Jamie October 25, 2010 at 10:40 am

I only scored a 20%….but had fun with it! Thanks for the great post- am passing it along!
.-= Jamie´s last blog ..Get into the Spirit of things with me =-.

Luciane at Homebunch.com October 25, 2010 at 11:03 am

Oh, MY!!!! I am so BAD AT IT!!!! :-)

Super fun, Julia! Really good idea!!! :-)

By the way, I just did a new post about a really cool store. The prices are incredible! I am also a “mom”, an even loving style, not always we can afford everything we see, so I think this is a really good find. Let me know what you think, Julia.
Thank You!

Luciane at http://www.homebunch.com

Jamie Gumieny-Fink October 25, 2010 at 11:47 am

I had book marked one of your posts over a year ago featuring the home in the movie Housesitter… I am finally beginning to keep up with my blog as we are beginning the process of building our own home and included some of your photos in my most recent post (www.simplified-design.blogspot.com). I love your site and look forward to following along!
Blessings,
j
.-= Jamie Gumieny-Fink´s last blog ..Scary Sophia =-.

Susan October 25, 2010 at 2:05 pm

Who could ever forget “Last night I dreamt I went to Manderly again” and the evil Mrs. Danvers!!! Rebecca is one of my all time favorite books and movies! I love the “What Lies Beneath” house too. What a perfect post! Thanks!
.-= Susan´s last blog ..Mantel Metamorphosis =-.

Amanda @ Serenity Now October 25, 2010 at 2:50 pm

OOOh, I was definitely stumped on some of those!! The only ones I knew where the ones I’ve read about here. ;)
.-= Amanda @ Serenity Now´s last blog ..Easiest Ever Crock Pot Roast =-.

Juju at Tales of Whimsy... October 25, 2010 at 3:39 pm

I knew the first one! Practical Magic :)
.-= Juju at Tales of Whimsy…´s last blog ..Christian Fiction Sunday Cover-to-Covet- Roses =-.

cailen October 25, 2010 at 4:45 pm

i think i got about 1/2. great movies (great houses)!

happy halloween!!!
.-= cailen´s last blog ..legend of sleepy hollow =-.

Geoff October 25, 2010 at 6:19 pm

I managed to get all of them, woo hoo! Btw, that house from What Lies Beneath has got to be one of the most beautiful lake front properties I’ve ever seen. I’d kill to live there (not literally of course).

Ann October 25, 2010 at 7:13 pm

8 out of 10. I watch too many movies.

Bre October 25, 2010 at 8:03 pm

I adore this post! Combining movies and Halloween? You’re a genius! I did pretty ok on the pop quiz, a respectable 70. I would be ecstatic if that was a math test grade. I love the house from What Lies Beneath, one of my favorite films and movie houses.
.-= Bre´s last blog ..Tricks and Treats =-.

Nita October 25, 2010 at 10:08 pm

I think the Leave Her to Heaven houses can be considered scary for all that went on in them!

Susan October 26, 2010 at 1:08 pm

Shoot, I only got 3…but now I want to watch all the others if for no other reason than to see the houses! :) This was fun!
.-= Susan´s last blog ..Pumpkin Carving Tips and Templates =-.

Angela October 28, 2010 at 9:56 am

I’m so curious as to what the answers are – my computer won’t allow me to visit their sites!! ERRRRrrrrr

copd symptoms November 25, 2012 at 5:56 am

Hi, I do believe this is a great site. I stumbledupon it
;) I will come back once again since I book-marked it.
Money and freedom is the best way to change, may you be rich and continue to guide others.