Pop Quiz: Can You Name These Famous Movie Fireplaces?

Nesting Place is having a “Mantel Party” today and I’m playing along. I thought it would be fun to show you 8 mantels from popular movies and see how many you recognize. To get the answers, click the pics!

Movie Mantel #1movie mantel 5Hint: Sometimes you just need a vacation from your life.  Answer.

orange-lineMovie Mantel #2movie mantel 1Hint: He loves music, and rodents love him. Answer.

orange-lineMovie Mantel #3movie mantel condoHint: A condo worth fighting for. Answer.

orange-lineMovie Mantel #4movie mantel 3Hint: She’s having a baby. And so is she. Answer.

orange-lineMovie Mantel #5movie mantel 4Hint: Twelve big trees.  Answer.orange-lineMovie Mantel #6Movie Mantel 6Hint: It’s not that simple.  Answer.

orange-lineMovie Mantel #7movie mantel 8Hint: Her last Christmas. Answer.

orange-lineMovie Mantel #8movie mantel 7Hint: Dream house in the Hamptons. Answer.

orange-lineHow many of these famous fireplaces did you recognize? Remember, you can see the answers by clicking the pics. Don’t give the answers away in the comments–that spoils the fun!

To join the Mantel Party, visit Nesting Place.

Every Monday I feature the sets from our favorite movies and TV shows. Visit my TV/Movie Houses page for links to all of them!

"Daddy Day Care" movie Eddie Murphy's yellow house | hookedonhouses.net
Eddie Murphy's 2003 family movie Daddy Day Care grabbed my attention the minute it opened on this charming yellow house. It's a real house in Pasadena, California, and…
Manderley mansion in the classic film "Rebecca" | hookedonhouses.net
"Last night I dreamt I went to Manderley again." Who could forget the opening line from Rebecca? It lets us know that this is a…

Comments

1. Lara Jane says

I watch way too many movies and spend too much time on this site! I got them all!

I couldn’t get them all, that was tough. But I would know that last one from a mile away!! I love that movie, especially for the dream Hampton’s home. I think the home was pretty much as important a ‘character’ in the story as Jack Nicholson and Diane Keaton!! :)
    .-= Nancy@marcusdesign´s last blog ..{curves in all the right places} =-.

3. Kim says

Wow! I did horrible. I could only recognize 4 of them. I have to agree with Nancy, that last fireplace will always be easy to spot, it’s one house I will never forget.

4. Kat in Texas says

Even though I only recognized 3, this was still fun nonetheless. I need to watch more movies! ; )

5. Christine says

Oh, that was so much fun!! Although I only was able to nail a few.

Got all but two! These are some of my very favorite movie houses! Someday I will live in a house like the first one, oh someday. Or at the very least vacation in one.

Julia, you’re amazing. If Nester does a party recap, she will surely link to this post. What a fun quiz!

And for the record, I did a horrible job recognizing these mantels! Thank you for your hints; without them, I think I would have recognized only one! Maybe I need to get off the computer and watch a movie. :)
    .-= Richella at Imparting Grace´s last blog ..Home is. . . =-.

Sad to say……only 2.
    #1 and #4……….and it’s only cause I had a clue.

But it was fun!
    .-= Suze´s last blog ..Proud Momma =-.

Hi Julia, wow leave it to you to come up with the most amazing post on mantels. Wow….amazing…and very stimulating! Alas our farmhouse has a wood stove and no mantel…boohoo.
    But Oh the ideas for tablescaping and decorating shelves are endless! Love it.
    Have a wonderful beautiful day.
    Debbie
    .-= Debbie´s last blog ..Farm Fresh…. =-.

10. Nonnie says

I got six, but only because of the hints on three of them. Fun!

11. laney says

the first one will always be the best one…but the one with 12 big trees was the first one i ever saw (of those movies of course)…

Lets just say..I could have done beter! I was more interested in the mantles then the moves that featured them. I have been tweaking my mantel for ….oh…about 25 years now!
    .-= Pat´s last blog ..JUST A NOTE~ =-.

13. jodi from new jersey says

That was fun! I am proud to say that I knew 6 out of 8 fireplaces.I can’t choose a fave, but the cottage in The Holiday makes my heart ache. I love that movie. Cameron Diaz is so adorable. I did notice that she packed a lot of coats for someone who lives in LA. Plus, I think she only had one suitcase. Hmmmmmmm. I guess that’s what makes the movies so enjoyable. Thanks Julia

14. Hamtonitegal says

Hey will you be showing the new Sex and The City 2 on here for Carries apt? It was fabulous!! knowing you I’m sure you will. Loved the movie and can’t wait to see here if you haven’t shown already.