Before & After: Small Changes, Big Kitchen Makeover

by hookedonhouses on April 21, 2009

When I saw AnNicole’s simple but stunning kitchen makeover on her blog Our Suburban Cottage, I was so impressed that I had to show it to you. Without changing the cabinets, counters, flooring, or anything major, AnNicole gave her kitchen a whole new look. This should inspire anyone who doesn’t have a big budget but wants it to look like they spent big bucks.

~

Before:

After:

AnNicole says she used Restoration Hardware’s “Cappucino” paint on the walls. Here’s the breakfast nook side of the room (these photos were taken before she moved in, so the furniture and accessories were the former owners’):

After:

Didn’t she do a great job? And there’s so much more to this makeover I haven’t even shown you. Go to Our Suburban Cottage to see the rest of AnNicole’s kitchen and read her tips for staging your own smart and inexpensive kitchen makeover. Her blog is filled with creative inspiration!

Click here to see all my “before and after” posts!

Amber April 21, 2009 at 11:41 pm

I love AnNicole, and I love her blog too!! She is great. And I just LOVE what she did with her kitchen. I think it looks amazing! That’s so nice of you to feature her, Julia. :)

Amber’s last blog post..Not too shabby

Mom in High Heels April 22, 2009 at 2:51 am

Oh, I love her makeover. I’ve seen it on her site and am constantly drawn back to it to have another look. Such a lovely job.

Mom in High Heels’s last blog post..Random Thoughts Tuesday: uncoherent

Quincy April 22, 2009 at 5:26 am

I love that stone urn on her breakfast table, and that two-toned curtain is perfect. Thanks for finding me a new blog to stalk, Julia.

Quincy’s last blog post..I Love Chocolate

Kathi April 22, 2009 at 6:09 am

Love the transformation! The chandelier is perfect with her table and chairs!

christy April 22, 2009 at 6:41 am

Wow that is so amazing! I love the transformation and am now headed over to see the rest of the makeover. I think my favorite part of the kitchen is that toile over the sink window – love me some toile!

christy’s last blog post..To join, or not to join, that is the question

Jane @ Beach House April 22, 2009 at 7:24 am

That’s the kind of gentle remodeling I love – it’s so soothing

Jane @ Beach House’s last blog post..Sustainable Remodeling

Renae Moore April 22, 2009 at 7:28 am

What a great transformation, the colors are peaceful and inviting.
Blessings…

Renae Moore’s last blog post..Wall Flower

Jamie @ BlondeMomBlog April 22, 2009 at 8:21 am

That is amazing. I love what paint and simple changes will do. Our kitchen is white on white so I’m going to check out her site!

Jamie @ BlondeMomBlog’s last blog post..Shoes So Girly They Probably Get PMS

AnNicole@OurSuburbanCottage April 22, 2009 at 8:37 am

Thanks Julia! You are the best! If I had your address I’d be sending you flowers :).

AnNicole@OurSuburbanCottage’s last blog post..Big Thanks!

bungalowbliss April 22, 2009 at 8:43 am

Fabulous job! I love the toile window treatment over the sink, and decluttering the space above the cabinets was the best idea. Gotta love a completely new look without the expense of a major overhaul. Beautiful!

bungalowbliss’s last blog post..The Unconsidered Factor

Linda@ Restyled Home April 22, 2009 at 9:00 am

Brilliant! It’s a perfect example of how a little paint and the right accesssories can truly transform a space. Good for her!! I love her curtains and table set, especially!

Cheers,
Linda

Linda@ Restyled Home’s last blog post..Let’s Play Matchmaker!

Palabuzz April 22, 2009 at 9:26 am

This is like watching an episode from “clean house”. i really like that show

Palabuzz’s last blog post..Malin Akerman for Maxim for April

Angela April 22, 2009 at 10:24 am

Great make-over!!!
~angela

Angela’s last blog post..My Babies

Summer Kitchen Interiors April 22, 2009 at 10:59 am

WOW! Isn’t it amazing what just a paint job can do!
Karla & Karrie

Pat April 22, 2009 at 11:14 am

I’ll visit AnNicole. Her kitchen makeover is wonderful!!

Pat’s last blog post..~Exterior Decorating~

Grace April 22, 2009 at 11:32 am

Very pretty kitchen. It just looks so fresh, clean and bright. Very inspiring!

Grace’s last blog post..Earth Day and Laundry

beth April 22, 2009 at 12:29 pm

I love her blog! AnNicole has such great style. It just goes to show that you don’t need a big expensive remodel to completely change the look of a place. It helps to have beautiful style, like she does. The right decor makes all the difference.

beth’s last blog post..Down at the Dam

Ms.Tee April 22, 2009 at 12:54 pm

She did a beautiful job – love it. It’s so fresh and pretty. I’m off to check out the rest!

Ms.Tee’s last blog post..Sunny Bathroom Inspiration & Help Needed

sandy toe April 22, 2009 at 1:24 pm

I love the makeover…it looks wonderful! I need to get me some “white” plates! Oh yes I do!
sandy toe

sandy toe’s last blog post..Don’t Mess With My "Sleeve"

SoBella Creations April 22, 2009 at 1:42 pm

Fantastic transformation!

SoBella Creations’s last blog post..Sofia’s 3rd Birthday & Easter Weekend

Pat April 22, 2009 at 2:52 pm

Not to be a wet blanket, but I liked the BEFORE pictures better. :-)

Courtney @ nesting instincts April 22, 2009 at 5:26 pm

love it! it’s right up my alley! i really like that curtain in the breakfast nook. thanks for sharing this Julia!

Courtney @ nesting instincts’s last blog post..the new (tiny) man in my life

kthnbye April 22, 2009 at 5:54 pm

No offense, but UGH. Brown paint is way too trendy these days and is used when it really shouldn’t be. This kitchen looked much better before!

desiree April 22, 2009 at 7:00 pm

Great transformation. Love how the clean the lines became!

desiree’s last blog post..Gardening on a Budget

Robin April 22, 2009 at 8:08 pm

I always say paint is the easiest, fastest and sometimes cheapest makeover. And if it comes out not as expected, you can re-do it almost immediately!

Robin’s last blog post..All atwitter over Mr. Darcy

Jen@Balancing Beauty and Bedlam April 22, 2009 at 8:24 pm

Wow – amazing what can be done…love it. :)

Jen@Balancing Beauty and Bedlam’s last blog post..Melt in Your Mouth Apple Coffee Cake – Tasty Tuesday

Emily@remodelingthislife April 22, 2009 at 8:31 pm

Beautiful!!! I love it!

Emily@remodelingthislife’s last blog post..Happy Earth Day!

Norma April 23, 2009 at 11:40 am

I love what she did with the kitchen,love the white on white, ours is also white too. There’s something about white kitchens, they’ll never go out of style.

Darla April 23, 2009 at 4:17 pm

Subtle but awesome!

Darla’s last blog post..Sofa Tables

Susan Smith April 23, 2009 at 8:12 pm

What great visual proof that kitchen borders SHOULD come down! For some reason, staging clients really struggle with that one. I’ll have to show them this blog. LOVE the paint color too!

Susan Smith’s last blog post..HOMEdigz.com News

le April 26, 2009 at 2:34 am

wow just lovely !! and I didn’t know you had another blog … where have I been !! my best to you Julia le xox

le’s last blog post..What makes you happy at work …

Hana April 27, 2009 at 1:51 pm

Thanks for the photos. I actually liked the ‘Before’ more! I love the wood table and chairs more. The glass and iron table and chairs give a very ‘cold’ feel!

hookedonhouses April 27, 2009 at 2:32 pm

I find it really interesting that several of you have mentioned that you like the “before” better. I just love the clean and serene look of the “after.” Goes to show everyone likes different things, I guess! And that you probably wouldn’t like MY kitchen, either. Ha. -Julia :-)

{ 1 trackback }