Before & After: Giving Old Fireplaces a New Look

brickfrplcbefore.jpe

Most home buyers would take one look at this dark brick and paneled family room and run the other way. But John and Sherry at This Young House were not deterred. They bought the 50-year old ranch home and began working their magic on it. When you see what they’ve done with the place, you can’t help but be amazed.

brickfrplcafter.jpe

It’s hard to believe this is the same room. I think they deserve a round of applause.

They had another dark brick fireplace in the living room that received an equally stunning makeover. I couldn’t decide which to show you, so you’re getting both.

Here is the living room fireplace before:

brickfrplc2before.jpe

And here is the living room after:

brickfrplc2after.jpe

John and Sherry’s blog is full of inspiring decorating ideas for small or outdated homes that you might not think have much potential at first glance. I can hardly wait to see what they do next.

If You’re Hooked on Before & Afters:

Comments

1. thisyounghouse says

So cute to see our humble home featured on your blog! Thanks for the shout out. We plan to keep doing our home improvement thing, so stay tuned for some more fun and fabulous before & afters.

xo,

Sherry

2. hookedonhouses says

Thanks for letting me share your fabulous makeovers with everybody, Sherry! I will definitely stay tuned to see what else you two come up with. -Julia :-)

I am going over for a visit now. Always looking for ideas to pass on to clients ( oh clients…where are you??).

Janet

4. J-Dawg says

Wow, you cant even tell that those pictures were taken in the same place!! That would’ve taken a lot of hard work.

5. thisyounghouse says

It’s us again (John and Sherry from thisyounghouse.com), stopping in to thank you once again for featuring our humble home on your blog. We’re so excited about the traffic you’re sending our way, but unfortunately it’s all going to our old wordpress site. Is there any way you could change your links to http://www.thisyounghouse.com so that people come thru to the newly redesigned and updated site?

Thanks a million!

xo
    John & Sherry

6. hookedonhouses says

John & Sherry–
    Your wish is my command. The links have been updated. Your new site looks great! -Julia

7. Marie says

WOW! I’m almost afraid to keep looking at your site… my pocketbook and my husband won’t like it one bit! (does anyone actually SAY pocketbook anymore??) Beautiful before and afters!