Welcome to Hooked on Fridays, a blog party I host at the end of each week to celebrate the things we love. Today I’m hooked on the bright and vibrant artwork of Fifi Flowers. Her paintings are so happy that it’s hard not to smile when you look at them. I bought a couple of handpainted bookmarks from her last year that were supposed to be gifts, but they’re still hanging next to my desk, cheering up my home office. One is a bike painting like this that I love too much to give up! I was just checking out her Etsy shop to see what’s new and found this set of chaise-themed notecards. How fun are these?
I might have to frame a few of my favorites instead of sending them off in the mail, though. (You can get more information about the notecards here.)
She also accepts commissions. Give her a photograph of just about anything and she can make it look beautiful. I asked Fifi to create a button for my Hooked on House Tours blog party last summer. I gave her a photo of a “Father of the Bride” kind of house and she painted it for me (click here to see the original photos). I love the red chaise she added to the front yard:
You can find most of the paintings shown here at her Etsy shop–they’re marked 60% off regular prices, so they’ll probably go fast! Fifi Flowers also has a popular blog filled with eye candy, so check it out, too.
Now it’s your turn to tell us what you’re hooked on. If you have something to share with us on your blog, then add your link below. Just please be sure to:
- Add the permalink to the specific blog post, not your general blog address.
- You can put what you’re hooked on in parentheses after your blog name. You’ll probably get more visitors that way! Ex: Hookedonhouses (Not So Big Houses)
- Link back to the party from your post so that your readers can come and see what everyone else is talking about today!
- Visit as many of the other participants as possible and leave comments! That’s what a blog party is all about!
- Double-check to make sure your link works and goes to the right page so it doesn’t get deleted! If you come back and see your link is gone, re-read these rules and try again.
Hooked on Fridays Participants