Welcome to the third day in our Homearama ’08 Fantasy Open House series.
The name Pavan Kunj refers to “the purifying influence of the wind.” The home’s design originates from ancient Maharishi Vedic architecture, which requires precise proportions, orientation, and placement of interior spaces.
Built by Daniels Homes, the Pavan Kunj has 7,700 square feet and sold for $1.85 million.
The main entrance to the home is from the side courtyard. You step from the courtyard into a two-story central atrium, called the Brahmastan. Skylights, white walls and woodwork, and pale wood floors keep the home lighter and brighter than the other houses we’ve toured so far.
Well, you’ll see. Go on in!
Your comments have been keeping me so entertained this week. You guys don’t miss a thing! I love it when you point out something even I didn’t notice. I also love how picky you are with your pretend money. I guess it goes to show that even if we had millions to spend, we still might have a hard time getting a house that’s exactly the way we’d want it.
So what did you think of the Pavan Kunj? Now it’s time to let us know if you want to buy it, sleep on it, or walk away!
Come back tomorrow (Thursday) for a 2-for-1 tour day. I’ll post one early in the morning (“Sophia’s Harbor“) and a second tour after noon (“The Artisan”). You won’t want to miss ’em!
If You Missed Any Other Posts in the Homearama Fantasy Open House Series:
- A Fine Room for Fido: It’s a Dog’s Life at Homearama!
- Fantasy Open House #1: The Sanctuary
- Fantasy Open House #2: The Manier Sherridan
- Fantasy Open House #3: The Hampton
- Fantasy Open House #4: Pavan Kunj
- Fantasy Open House #5: Sophia’s Harbor
- Fantasy Open House #6: The Artisan
- Fantasy Open House #7: The Chateau Tourelle
If You Missed Our Fantasy Open House Week in Birmingham:
- Open House #1: French Chateau in Birmingham
- Open House #2: Shook Hill Mansion
- Open House #3: Sleek Greek Contemporary
- Open House #4: Southern Traditional
- Open House #5: Homewood Manor
- Open House #6: Rockledge Estate
- Open House #7: Old Leeds Ridge
- Open House #8: Stately Brick Traditional