So many of you have been sending me so many bad mls photos lately that sometimes I don’t know whether to laugh, cry, or curl up in a fetal position like this poor woman. It’s crazy to me that agents are still trying to sell houses with pics like this. Here are 5 of my (least) favorites of the week…
1. It probably won’t surprise you to learn that this messy bathroom was featured in the same listing as the bedroom above. Looks like a nice house if you can see past all the dirty clothes, piles of trash, and general clutter. I had an agent tell me it’s not his job to clean up the house before taking photos. Okay, but could you at least close some of the drawers first? Kick the bags of trash out of the way? Anything?
2. This photo from a listing in Pittsburgh is so blurry I’m not sure why the agent bothered posting it–and only it–to represent a house “that has recently been updated and is move-in ready.” Guess we’ll take his word for it!
3. The advice to depersonalize your home for potential buyers includes removing the persons. When people pop up in the listing photos, that’s all we see, and this one from Burbank is a good (bad) example.
4. One reader questioned why there appears to be a trail of bloody footprints across the floor in an otherwise perfectly normal-looking house in Minnesota.
5. The only other time I saw visible floating dust-snow like this was in a former hoarder’s house. This house doesn’t look as filthy as that one did, though, so I’m not sure what’s going on. WTF Real Estate found this in the Houston listings.
Thanks to all the readers who submitted these. If you spot something strange in the real estate listings, send me the link! -Julia