Love Your Kitchen? Show Us!

Last Friday I featured 10 Celebrity Kitchens and asked which one was your favorite (if anyone’s keeping score, Sharon Osbourne’s won by a landslide). Someone commented on the post that I should ask readers to send in photos of their “real life” kitchens so I could feature them next time. I loved that idea. So here’s what I’m going to do…

I’m Hosting a “Hooked on Your Kitchens” Contest!

If you want to enter yours, send me a photo (or two or three) and tell me what you love about it. It doesn’t have to be big and fancy and “magazine-worthy,” although those are okay, too!

All the Deets:

• Send your photos to me (click that link to the left and an email addressed to me should open in a new window for you).
  • Put “My Kitchen” in the subject line so it doesn’t get lost in my inbox.
  • Tell me why you love your kitchen.
  • If you have a blog and have featured it there, you can send me the link to the post.
  • Deadline for submissions: November 14.
  • I’ll choose the Top 10 to feature. (Note that photo quality may determine which ones get chosen. They have to be big enough and clear enough for people to see. And no flash photography, please!)
  • Readers will cast their votes for their favorite kitchen.
  • The winner will get a $150 Visa Gift Card and bragging rights.

I can’t wait to see your kitchens, so start sending them in!

(P.S. Top photo via BHG.)

10 Celebrity Kitchens cover-Osbournes
These 10 kitchens are as unique as the celebs who cook--or get cooked for--in them. Click the pics & links to see more of each…
Thrifty Decor Chick Halloween decorating
These are the 20 amazing blogs that sent me the most traffic this month. A big thank you to all of them! See if there…

Comments

• says

Based on the kitchens that readers have already sent me, you’re right. Wow! It’s so fun seeing where everyone cooks. I should have done this a long time ago. :-)

1. Sam says

I want to send in a picture of my (my mum and dads) kitchen, will have to check first!
    Is that picture, a picture of your kitchen cause it looks great!

2. Mark says

YES! Incentive!!! Woohoo!! ‘Been needing an “excuse” to re-do I will tell my wife there is money involved and that should settle the deal for her…. finally. I’ve now got the “company is coming over” adrenaline rush to “create”. Thank goodness it is Friday……Lowes, here I come!!! :) .***** How long do I have? ******

( Great Idea!! Thank for you effort with your blog…always love it!!)

• Mark says

I’m SO excited, I can’t spell… comment should say: “…. Thanks for the effort with your blog…always love it!!” ..RATS!! ..I won’t be able to focus at all today….Thanks a lot Julia!!!

• says

Ha! I’m going to give you guys a few weeks to get all your entries in. I’ll probably post them sometime next month. Thanks, Mark, and good luck! :-)

3. sandy says

What a great idea and a generous winning. I am looking forward to this. Mine is all over the place at the moment, will enjoy seeing unique ideas. Are you going to post all entries for perusing?

• says

I’m not sure yet how I’ll do it. If I get a lot of them I might let you guys help me narrow them down to the Top 10. I’ve already been getting some lovely ones from readers this morning. I’m so excited! :-)

I will enjoy seeing them:) Kitchens are so nice to look at..Love the ones with personal touches:)

well my kitchen ain’t worth a dang but I’m looking forward to seeing other people’s kitchens! And that apple green vintage-inspired kitchen at the top of your post is amazing!

6. Cheryl says

Yay! I can’t wait to see all the great kitchens out there! But…I don’t see a deadline listed…am I missing it? I’m like your commenter Mark, who needs the push sometimes. This will make me (or at least the kitchen) ready for the holidays!

7. 65andcounting says

Oh boy. This will be fun. Great idea I had!! :-)

Quick clarification…by “no flash photography” do you mean we can’t use the flash on our camera or do you mean nothing with flash technology? (not that I know how to do the latter!)

8. Poppy says

Hi Julia,

Great idea and great incentive for all of us to spruce things up, get creative and do some savvy styling! Question: my kitchen is an open one and extends to the breakfast nook. Can we include such photos or should we just keep it strictly to the functional space? And, is the limit of photos 3?

Thanks for being such an entertaining escape from the rut that can come with routine!

Have a great weekend!

Poppy

• says

Good questions! Feel free to send as many photos as you want, and you can include the breakfast nook or eating area. I think that qualifies as part of the kitchen. I love seeing how everything connects.

Some people are sending me the before photos of what they started with before remodels and renovations, too. I’m having so much fun going through all these photos that are pouring in today. You guys have some beautiful kitchens!

I wish I loved my kitchen…hoping to in a few years :) I can’t wait to see the inspiration that you will be sharing with the world :)

• Karen says

Ditto: I have the ideal country farmhouse kitchen in my mind and in a scrapbook. Just need to fast forward to a few years from now when it is reality. This winter we are redoing the upstairs. Changing 2 bedrooms into one master bedroom/bath!. I am so excited about that.

So…I will be anxious to see these top 10 so I can get more ideas for my dream kitchen.

10. Kim says

I can’t wait to see some of your reader’s kitchens. I bet they will be fabulous.

What a lovely, and fun idea!
    Debating if I should enter our kitchen in this….we have such a tiny kitchen as we live in a 380 square foot cottage. Sure it’s unique, but it’s just so small. I will have to think on this. But sure looking forward to seeing other peoples kitchens!! :)

I have a real life kitchen but I don’t love it. 😉 I’m looking forward to seeing what you feature, though. I’m gathering ideas for real life budgets.

Hi Julia,
    Can you email me the address where I can send pics? I click on the link, but not working for me. Thanks, Robin.

• says

I just sent it to you but if anyone else is having trouble, it’s julia @ hookedonhouses .net (no spaces–just trying to keep the spam bots from getting it).

14. Victoria Keddie says

Oh how exciting!!!

I don’t love my kitchen at ALL – it’s far too scottish ie plain and boring!! What a fabulous excuse to do something lovely to it. AND, unlike other comments, I have absolutely zero spare cash at the moment, I’m going to see what I can do to it for free!!

15. Angela says

Hi! I love Dave and Debra’s kitchens so much! Love the brick veneer, and the white washed brick. I want Dave to come over a.s.a.p and help me with my kitchen!!! I love how Debra took what she had and made it better.

I also LOVE your blog. Awesome :)

16. Jennifer says

Hi Julia –

I want to send you pictures of my kitchen, but the e-mail link isn’t working for me. My computer is in the shop, and my husband’s computer keeps giving me an error message. Would it be possible for you to send me a private message with the e-mail address?

• says

I just sent you an email, Jennifer. If anyone else is having trouble with the link, my address is julia “at” hookedonhouses “dot” net.

Just found your blog, and I’m loving it so far! I’m about a week away from starting our kitchen renovation, so there’s no way I’ll be able to enter the contest by November 14th. Fingers crossed, it will be done in time if you decide to do this again next year!

18. karen frank says

Love all of the entries!!! I am trying to send in my own photos but can not open the link, would someone be so kind as to send me Julia’s email for the contest.

Thanks so much