I have a white kitchen (inspired by Something’s Gotta Give, natch), so I’m always adding pics of pretty ones to Pinterest. Here are 5 I like, each with their own style and vibe. Which would you most like to cook (or at least eat) in?
1. This nautical-looking kitchen is a perfect fit for the lake house it’s in. The blue porcelain stove steals the show. (New England Home.)
2. With the white tile, white cabinets, marble counters, and tall ceilings, this kitchen looks calm, cool, and collected. But I feel like I need to squint a little. (BHG)
3. This one has vintage charm with open shelves, painted floors, a fab farm sink, and flea market finds. (Flea Market Trixie)
4. The bright green tile, black wall, and black counters make a bold statement in this eco-friendly kitchen. (Apartment Therapy)
5. This traditional kitchen mixes marble with beadboard and warm wood floors to create a room that my dog Maizie and I would feel right at home in. (For the Love of a House)
If you have a white kitchen, how do you decorate yours? Is it cool and classy with Carerra? Colorful and bright with Fiestaware? Warm and neutral?
I like how easy it is to change the look of a white kitchen. Mine used to be pretty neutral, but I’ve been adding more color lately–lots of turquoise, yellow, and green for summer. I even added an orange and white-striped rug in front of the sink.
I’ll swap those out for fall colors soon, and in December I’ll replace it all with red. White kitchens are great for “decorating commitmentphobes” like me. Ha.
I keep hearing that people are tired of white kitchens and their popularity may be waning. I still love them, though. Do you?