A Peek Inside George Clooney’s L.A. Home

by hookedonhouses on February 15, 2012

George Clooney let cameras inside his beautiful Los Angeles home for an interview on the CBS show “Person to Person” recently. He told Lara Logan and Charlie Rose that “A house is a place you live in, but a home is a place that your family and friends are part of.”

He bought this one when he was starring on “ER” and needed more privacy from the photogs who were hounding him. He says they always rented houses when he was growing up, so owning one of his own was important to him when he got out on his own.

I’m in love with his kitchen. Check out the video below (they make you watch a short commercial first) and take a look! (If the video doesn’t come up for you, you can watch it on CBS.com.)

Click Here to See Inside More Celebrity Houses!

Luciane at Homebunch.com February 15, 2012 at 8:16 am

Ha! I knew you would make this post!!! :-) Seriously, I saw this and thought of you… Julia need to share this!!! :-)

George’s house is chic and masculine. Perfect for him!

xo

Luciane at HomeBunch.com

Jessica at Lavender and Lilies February 15, 2012 at 8:33 am

He’s so cute!!! I love his kitchen too. It appears so lived in and masculine.

calliope (greece) February 15, 2012 at 8:33 am

It is refreshing…!
Really?? A star of this magnitude…with a house…almost humble??
I really liked George before but now I have a whole new respect for him

A.Men February 16, 2012 at 10:09 am

Would love to see his Italian villa (castle, really) with its own landing for his ship!

Janet February 15, 2012 at 8:41 am

omgosh! I love love George Clooney, he IS my favorite actor. I think I love him even more now. His home is lovely, but very humble for an actor of his caliber. George could live in anywhere. You would expect him to live in a pretentious home in Malibu, but he lives in a modest (by Hollywood standards) home in Studio City that he has owned for 20 years. Love it.

Margie Ford February 15, 2012 at 8:44 am

It is a beautiful kitchen but I find it interesting that the microwave is just sitting on a counter top and not a built in.

Amanda @ Serenity Now February 15, 2012 at 8:47 am

You had me at “George Clooney!” ;) Love the countertops in his kitchen, and the chandelier in the other room is fabulous.

Design is... All in the Detail February 15, 2012 at 8:55 am

Hello, George… remember me? (never met him but wouldn’t you love to be able to say that to him? LOL) Thanks for sharing, Julia! Have a wonderful Wednesday.

the 7msn ranch February 15, 2012 at 9:05 am

Thanks for posting this – I never would have seen it otherwise. Now beware of your server crashing because so many folks will come searching for it today!

Karena February 15, 2012 at 9:09 am

I loved watching this clip on the CBS Morning Show. I understand he has a grand home somewhere else as well..does anyone know where?

xoxo
Karena

Art by Karena

hookedonhouses February 15, 2012 at 9:15 am

That’s right–he also owns an 18th century villa in northern Italy. You can see pics here: http://abcnews.go.com/Primetime/popup?id=1171051

Dawn February 15, 2012 at 9:18 am

I have to say I’m impressed with George Clooney even more after this interview. His home is gorgeous and the outside loggia is stunning. But that he’s had this home for so long and not ‘kept up with the Kardashians’ allows me to keep respecting the man.

Diane J. February 15, 2012 at 9:23 am

I love George’s kitchen! But, then who wouldn’t love any kitchen with George in it!

michele February 15, 2012 at 9:37 am

i didn’t think it was possible to love him more. but, yeah.

Emily@remodelingthislife February 15, 2012 at 9:38 am

As if I needed one more reason to swoon over George Clooney, I love that quote from him. And I love that he’s lived in the same place for so long.

Sally February 15, 2012 at 9:51 am

Great kitchen, but I am LAUGHING OUT LOUD! Did he really pick a crumb off the kitchen counter and flick it onto the floor??? He’s such a MAN! ha!

Melissa February 16, 2012 at 11:39 am

I saw that too! LOL. When we get married, I shall put a stop to that type of behavior!!

Molly @thewaffler February 15, 2012 at 10:10 am

Real live books in the beautiful den off of the beautiful kitchen?? See, we’re perfect for each other!

Michele R February 15, 2012 at 10:14 am

Julia,
That was a treat. It was great to see the video of his home and listen to the chat with George Clooney. His home mirrors his personality – relaxed and casual, I think. Thanks.

Kelly D February 15, 2012 at 10:55 am

Wow, just when I thought I couldn’t like him any better! Gorgeous house! And despite the jokes about his ego he seems a lot more humble than people give him credit for (or maybe down to earth is a better way to put it.)

Mary Beth February 15, 2012 at 11:12 am

I really enjoyed the Person to Person show. George Clooney just keeps getting better with age:) I drooled over his kitchen, even if he only uses it for take-out food.

Anne February 15, 2012 at 11:23 am

That show was really great to watch. You grew up in Cincinnati, right? Did you love all of his Cincinnati stuff? My dad likes to joke around and call George Clooney “Nick’s son”.

hookedonhouses February 15, 2012 at 3:29 pm

I did grow up in Cincinnati and remember watching Nick Clooney on the evening news. We still think of George as the local boy who done good. :-)

Parnassus February 15, 2012 at 11:30 am

All that prating about the definition of a home, but then he and that sterile kitchen don’t seem to have much to offer those vaunted friends and relatives by way of a collation.

Cindy February 15, 2012 at 12:12 pm

How did I know his house would be as classy as he is? I’m with you, Julia. Love that kitchen!

polly dove February 15, 2012 at 12:24 pm

Oh I am so glad you posted this! I didn’t want to miss it … apparently I did. I LOVE his kitchen too! And all that entertaining space outside? WOW! I want to come over.

Maria February 15, 2012 at 1:45 pm

Lovely home. Both George and the casual warmth of the place, well – swoon. I caught part of that show and though not mentioned in this clip they shared he bought the house from Stevie Nicks.

Becky @ Farmgirl Paints February 15, 2012 at 1:57 pm

love him…this just goes along with what i already thought.

Marla in Columbus February 15, 2012 at 2:10 pm

Julia,

THANK YOU!!!! He’s fantastic. Not only is he gorgeous, but so seemingly down to earth. I love that he holds family and friends so important in his life. I didn’t love The Descendants but maybe I do now. The only flaw is his allegiance to the Bengals. :)

Highland Park Insulation Contractors February 15, 2012 at 5:08 pm

Cool! I have never seen the interior of George Clooney’s home. It fits him well.

Sue February 15, 2012 at 6:50 pm

I have a friend who grew up with him and her brother was a good friend of his. I had to giggle at Design…. it is all in the Detail because not too many years ago she did run into George and I believe she did say, “George, do you remember me?” I know when she first said she had gone to high school with him I didn’t believe her because she is teases and knows I am gullible – but I have come to know it is the truth! So cool…..

Dusty Coyote February 15, 2012 at 7:04 pm

What’s not to love!!! Such a great space and I love that it’s actually a look that would be possible for those of us that aren’t gazillionaires.

Kim February 15, 2012 at 7:06 pm

George Clooney is such a good actor and it’s so much fun being able to see his house. What a gorgeous place he has. I love how every room feels so humble and right at home. I could definitely see myself living in a place like this.

Karen February 15, 2012 at 7:33 pm

What a great space…boy you can just imagine what a catch he’d be if only he would ever decide to marry.
Karen

Laura February 15, 2012 at 7:34 pm

I love your blog and I love to look at houses, but in this case, “house-schmouse”! All I could look at was George!! Is it just me, or does everyone just want to go hang out with George Clooney?

Julie @ The Family CEO February 15, 2012 at 8:31 pm

I’m sorry, was there a house in those photos? ;)

Allison Hasel February 15, 2012 at 8:31 pm

Love seeing how the stars live! I am sad to admit that all I can think is – I could live there. I mean with him of course! ;)

E. George February 16, 2012 at 4:51 am

Hi Julia just wanted to say thankyou for sharing he is so gracious in everything he does gotta love him. His home is so beautiful love the kitchen and everything else I could see. Till next time regards Esther from Sydney. PS hope you have planted lots of bulbs for spring time I’m just looking at the new spring catalogue so much to choose from……

Barb February 16, 2012 at 7:59 am

This was awesome. Thank you so much for posting. I loved Rosemary Clooney’s framed 45.

Tricia February 16, 2012 at 8:27 am

Reading these comments, all I could think was “Wait… there’s a KITCHEN?” Who could notice anything except George? Love him, and if he lived in a run down shack I’d still drop everything (including my husband) for the opportunity to show him the love. If only I didn’t have that pesky restraining order…
LOL!

Darla February 16, 2012 at 9:27 am

That George, he just gets better looking by the second doesn’t he? Happy sigh. His house is nice too.

Susan @ Your home, only better. February 16, 2012 at 9:54 am

Oh, was I supposed to notice a house? Sorry, I was distracted. {sigh}

Carolyn February 16, 2012 at 12:37 pm

Yum. If I was blind, I’d still fall for his charm. Love that his house is not pretentious, but looks comfortable as well as appealing. It’s great that he has all these mementos of things that hold meaning and memories for him, not just art chosen by a decorator. He’s so comfortable with himself and who he is and his house reflects that.

Janice February 16, 2012 at 2:33 pm

Gorgeous home. Warm and lived in. I wonder if Michael S Smith was his designer. He designed an apartment for Randy Gerber and Cindy Crawford. He also was the Obamas designer in the White House. Off to Google!

hookedonhouses February 17, 2012 at 8:41 am

If you find out, let us know!

Ruth Sims Malone February 17, 2012 at 2:19 pm

He said on the interview (I watched it) that Randy Gerber was his friend and helped him in designing it.

Miz Boo February 17, 2012 at 2:35 pm

I think it’s amazing he has the microwave on the counter :o)

Gail McCann February 19, 2012 at 3:56 pm

How fabulous. Is there any chance there are pictures of the bedrooms or baths? I would love to see them.

excitingLA February 22, 2012 at 2:24 pm

I love it when celebrities let cameras inside their homes. The home looks comfortable, but not too lavish or over the top. Celebrities are such a hot-button topic for everyone, it’s nice to see that “human” side once in a while. He has impeccable taste [or his designer does at least!]

Jeri May 6, 2012 at 12:08 pm

The one thing that I saw that makes his a home and not just a house was the box of tissue sitting on a sideboard as he strolled by. Just that tiny.

Julie Gargaro February 27, 2012 at 4:38 pm

Oh I am in love and George aint that bad either!!

Lissy March 3, 2012 at 8:40 pm

Love the house and I love George… who doesn’t? ;) I love that kitchen!!

Jen April 17, 2012 at 8:39 pm

I wonder how many women imagined sharing that home with him.

Ronnie April 8, 2013 at 8:55 am

Classy, stylish and comfortable — just like its owner. But it is all George, and I don’t think he wants to really share it. Just saying…

Miranda August 3, 2013 at 12:34 pm

………..Nice and warm house like mine! (:

{ 1 trackback }