This Week in Bad MLS Photos: Animals in the House

by hookedonhouses on August 23, 2011

#1. This would be a great home office if it weren’t for all the, you know, dead animals.

#2. This house on Hunters Hollow Lane (no joke) has a runaway rabbit in the living room.

#3. “Good morning! How did you sleep?”

#4. This home office has kind of gone to the dogs.

#5. Here’s a master bedroom that has it all, including a sexy cow painted on the wall.

Thanks to the readers who submitted these: #1. Monique (listing here), #3. Nancy (listing here), #5. Sarah (listing here). If you find something strange in the real estate listings, send it to me!

Click here to see more funny real estate photos!

Luciane at Homebunch.com August 23, 2011 at 7:39 am

This is hilarious!!! The first picture looks more like a zoo than anything else! Gosh… how??? Just tell how someone would think this is cool? LOL

You got me laughing this morning! :-)

xo

Luciane at HomeBunch.com

Julie August 23, 2011 at 7:40 am

Yikes. I know a real estate agent who has his office loaded with – well, dead animals – he is crazy (and not in a funny, ha ha way). I sure hope there isn’t more than one of him out there, but it looks like there must be.

Amanda @ Serenity Now August 23, 2011 at 7:46 am

How did the Chick-fil-a cow get in there, and why is he dressed in drag???!

shelly joseph August 26, 2011 at 12:50 am

ROFL.. Oh My! that your so right it looks like the Chick-fil-a cow in drag.. LOL

Brandon @ Southgate August 23, 2011 at 7:49 am

Is that elephant real??

Autumn VanWeir August 23, 2011 at 8:07 am

Who. On Earth. Would paint a sexy cow in their master bedroom?? It looks like Stew Leonard’s for God’s sake. Wait…Is it their house? lol

Juju at Tales of Whimsy... August 23, 2011 at 8:26 am

Yikes! It’s like attack of the animals in this house.

Katie August 23, 2011 at 8:38 am

That elephant does look like it is real. My friend’s dad is a big game hunter and he goes to Africa a few times a years and bring back large animals (zebra, crocs, antelope, etc) and he has them displayed in his house like this. Its creepy and sad.

Megan August 23, 2011 at 11:01 am

I just want to know how that head is staying on the wall!

threadbndr August 23, 2011 at 8:50 am

I don’t really have a problem with taxidermy per se, but in a real estate listing???? Rent a storage unit, folks!

kristina August 23, 2011 at 8:57 am

We actually did go into a house like the first one when we were househunting! Since we were seeing so many houses, we tended to give them nicknames. Of course this one was dubbed “the dead animal house”. That kind of moniker does not translate into good ju-ju!

Jessica at Lavender and Lilies August 23, 2011 at 9:06 am

That’s the worst I’ve ever seen I think. That cow on the wall?! Really? This is hilarious. that lion freaks me out too.

shelly joseph August 26, 2011 at 12:51 am

me too..its like he is looking right at you.. saying “why did you let them take a picture of me?”

Nicole Mulvany August 23, 2011 at 9:09 am

Next time there is that awkward social moment otherwise known as the ‘elephant in the room’ I will have to come up with something else to say. Because clearly I have never really experience the elephant in the room…….

Maribeth August 23, 2011 at 9:10 am

For some reason, I particularly like the four-poster bed with one long poster. Creative furniture editing!

Don Corson August 23, 2011 at 9:20 am

Can’t tell you how many listing photos I see with “live” animals in them. I tell my clients that I can photoshop out any unwanted pets. (I actually like the safari home office…really)

Erin August 23, 2011 at 9:42 am

Always a favorite subject, thanks.

Jocelyn August 23, 2011 at 9:53 am

Oh my goodness, these are hilarious!! Last year we were invited to dinner at our Insurance guys house, and in the LIVING room was a stuffed buffalo!! It was huge! Wish I had taken a picture :-D

Spring August 23, 2011 at 10:12 am

That’s a big elephant head. But that last one with the can-can cow… Um. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!

BTW, I drove by one of your old bad MLS houses the other day (we were going to an open house and happened to pass by). You remember the one with the tub in the counter? It sold a little while ago and I was curious to see if they fixed it up. It was awesome: they put a couch on the uncovered porch. Nice.

Emily August 23, 2011 at 10:44 am

When my parents were house hunting back when I was 8 or so they went to a house where the realtor said, “and here’s the trophy room!” as she opened a doorway. Us kids were all expecting sports trophies and were horrified when it turned out to be a room full of dead animals!

My parents did buy the house though and the “trophy room” is now the family room…

Dean August 23, 2011 at 11:02 am

Lordy! That cow painting…. Why?!
On second thought, maybe I don’t want to know the answer…

MK August 23, 2011 at 11:21 am

The first photo reminds me of a book from my childhood, where all the animal statues came to life after dark! (No, not Jumanji or the movie Night at the Museum…but those could apply here too!)
The dog at the computer would be cute – if the rest of the room wasn’t in such disarray! :)

polly dove August 23, 2011 at 11:25 am

OH.MY.GOSH.

With all of the shows on TV now about “staging” a house to sell, why oh why wouldn’t the Realtor have had them make a few (subtle) changes?!?!?!

Lauren August 23, 2011 at 12:58 pm

Ahhh – it’s Wilbur Smith meets Jumanji! I hope every room features the fauna of a different continent? Fight off dingoes in the dining room, bears in the bedrooms…

Bre August 23, 2011 at 3:21 pm

That first photo has got to be Ted Nugent’s office. It HAS to be! The sexy cow on the wall is absolutely hysterical! What look were they trying to achieve exactly? These listings are too funny, thanks for sharing, Julia!

T. August 23, 2011 at 3:53 pm

I want to see the other rooms in that sexy cow house. Or maybe I don’t!!

hookedonhouses August 23, 2011 at 3:58 pm

That one’s still active. You can see it here:

Sarah found that one for me! :)

Kelli M August 23, 2011 at 10:15 pm

Holy. Moly. The rest of the pictures in that listing…wow…just wow…

Kim August 23, 2011 at 5:27 pm

Oh man, that first picture is crazy and creepy. Reminds me of Jumanji and Chronicles of Narnia.

The owners thought that painting that cow on the wall would make the room feel sexy. Boy were they wrong. If anything, it turns me off.

susan August 23, 2011 at 7:13 pm

I clicked on the link for the cow house…there’s another bedroom with elvis + painted on the wall…

BungalowBILL August 23, 2011 at 7:49 pm

I do like that they kept all the animals in the room from one continent, Africa. It always bugged me when I grew up and watched old Tarzan movies and there would be African, Asian, South and Central American animals all mixed together. Just an ex-zookeeper pet peeve.

A.Men August 24, 2011 at 12:13 pm

Which Tarzan movies did this? I’d like to check that out.

BungalowBILL August 25, 2011 at 8:38 am

The old Johnny Weismuller ones. They’d have Asian elephants with fake ears to like African ones, tigers (from Asia), lots of macaws ( South America), boa constrictors (Americas). I think the movies used whatever animals were available.

su August 23, 2011 at 8:08 pm

look Jim! Mutual of Omaha’s studio just got a face lift for the animal kingdom series…
Coming soon in 3-D tv

Bridget August 23, 2011 at 9:08 pm

What’s with the bed posts in picture #4. One side is tall and the others are all short?

Jenny August 23, 2011 at 9:12 pm

What the heck? These are nuts, but funny!

Lyka Ricks August 24, 2011 at 12:34 am

I don’t think i could have a restful sleep with those animals in the bedroom. The house owner for sure is an animal lover, it would be more weird if these wild animals came into Life.

Lesley @ The Design File August 24, 2011 at 7:17 am

The last picture – the painted cow – is just too much. I am laughing out loud about that one!

ashley @ the handmade home August 24, 2011 at 8:21 am

oh no! its so wrong in so many ways. But I gotta say that cow is the WORST! love.

Nichole@40daysof August 24, 2011 at 10:52 am

That cow in lingerie is so… I can’t even find the words to express how creepy. I would definitely be having the priest with a giant vat of holy water over, if I bought that house!

Alicia August 24, 2011 at 11:28 am

Thanks for the laughs…I can’t even imagine the person who would like a home office like the first one. Man oh man!

Rachel August 24, 2011 at 12:06 pm

Talk about the ‘elephant in the room’. :)

threadbndr August 24, 2011 at 12:17 pm

BTW, my sister does handcrafted murals for a side business and re the cow she says, “That artist needs a disclaimer – ‘this mural must be painted over before you sell the house’. “

Kelly M August 25, 2011 at 12:33 am

Wow. Thanks for the laugh. I’d be more afraid of the sexy cow than the deer head when I went to sleep at night. I mean, really! :P

shelly joseph August 26, 2011 at 1:19 am

I don’t know with that deer head.. I would be staring at it all night.. while it was watching me.. I would have to put something in front it.. LOL still hillarious..

TheDecorGirl August 27, 2011 at 1:37 pm

This is hilarious. I guess these aren’t the most successful realtors listing these homes?

And what happened to a coat of white paint to cover that scandalous cow, please – nobody is going to consider that a must have.

Why don’t they just say, “we don’t want to sell our house, someone is making us”? Thanks for the laugh.

Nathan August 28, 2011 at 11:02 pm

…A sexy cow who clearly hasn’t mastered makeup application, lol. But seriously, I would love that elephant head – but NOT if it were real!!

Stage It Up January 5, 2012 at 6:40 pm

The cow painting is ‘utterly’ rediculous!

{ 3 trackbacks }