Daydreaming: A Beach House with Blue Shutters

by hookedonhouses on May 18, 2011

When you’re in the mood to daydream over beautifully designed houses, Giannetti Home is a good place to do it. One of my favorite houses in architect Steve Giannetti’s portfolio is this traditional one on Broad Beach. I love the the blue shutters outside, the gorgeous woodwork inside–and the view of the water doesn’t hurt, either.

This house had me at the red Dutch door. Let’s take a look around!

All of the details in this house are what kill me, like those built-in drawers in the bedrooms.

Now you’re daydreaming, too, aren’t you?

To see more photos of this house, visit Giannetti Home. You can read an interview with architect Steve Giannetti at Things That Inspire. And be sure to check out Brooke Giannetti’s inspiring blog, too, at Velvet & Linen.

Click Here to See More Dreamy Beach Houses I’ve Featured!

Maaike Quinn @ Life with FlyLady May 18, 2011 at 7:14 am

O, Julia, what a gorgeous place! I love the house and the view. Daydreaming all over here :D

By the way, what is a Dutch door? I am from the Netherlands but I didn’t know there existed something like that! It looks like a pretty common door to me (but then again, that might just be because I live here lol :p).

hookedonhouses May 18, 2011 at 7:24 am

I wrote a post about Dutch doors a couple of years ago if you want to read about them and see some more examples:

They basically are split in two, so you can leave the bottom part closed and open the top part. I just love ‘em! -Julia

Maaike Quinn @ Life with FlyLady May 18, 2011 at 7:36 am

O, alright! You can see it in the second picture! I missed that the first time. That is a feature that lots of doors on Dutch farm have, I just never realized it was typical Dutch lol :)

Alex May 18, 2011 at 8:52 am

we call them stable doors in England. That house is beautiful, I could definitely live there!

Judith H. Levins May 18, 2011 at 7:16 am

This is perfection! You bet I’m dreaming & drooling ; )

Viviana Villani May 18, 2011 at 7:19 am

Wow! Love love love it!! I want a beach house like that! or even just a Beach house period! Gorgeous Julia!

Susan May 18, 2011 at 7:23 am

Oh man….heaven on earth!
Best,
Susan

Kaye Swain May 18, 2011 at 7:25 am

Gorgeous! And it looks like there is even room for multigenerational families including plenty of grandkids fun! Thanks for a fun daydream.

Kirsten May 18, 2011 at 7:27 am

ok I just pinned about 48 of these images on my Pinterest boards – SO GORGEOUS. This is one of my favorites that you’ve featured yet.

hookedonhouses May 18, 2011 at 7:59 am

I just got on Pinterest myself and am finding it very addictive. Here’s my page: http://pinterest.com/hookedonhouses/

Cheryl May 18, 2011 at 1:24 pm

I can already tell I’m going to spend a lot of time checking this out. I just tried to register and I may have accidently “pinned” the Frequently Asked Questions” portion of their page to somebody’s account. I need a tutorial and then I think I’ll be Hooked on Pinterest. Thanks ladies!

Ariadone May 18, 2011 at 7:33 am

Hi Julia, I think that Gianetti can come over to the Dutch then in Netherlands, built me that house and I will make it mine at the Noordzee-beach…after all: the globe is warming up: we might keep Italian weather like we have had all april long. Thank you for this delicious post.
Lieve groeten
Godeliva van Ariadone

Luciane at Homebunch.com May 18, 2011 at 7:38 am

Oh, Steven and Brooke are one of the best people out there! I so admire their work and I simply can’t say enough about Brooke, she’s just a sweetheart.

You’re right, Julia. Their website is the right place to go if you want to daydream with houses! :-)

xo

Luciane at HomeBunch.com

Amanda @ Serenity Now May 18, 2011 at 7:50 am

I want. that. house. Wow!!! I love all the neat built-in bookshelves in the window seats. What a fabulously styled home!! Swooning here!

lindsay May 18, 2011 at 7:55 am

How can I buy this house?!?! Or afford it for that matter. It is absolutely gorgeous!

MissCaron May 18, 2011 at 8:01 am

You hit the nail on the head with this one… so good. Exactly what I would want. Love all the details. Thanks for sharing! :D

Lisa May 18, 2011 at 8:01 am

OH WHAT A DREAM!!!!!

Stitchfork May 18, 2011 at 8:18 am

Dream house living! Sighing…
xo Cathy

Melinda May 18, 2011 at 8:22 am

Um, yes please!

Redhead Photography August 5, 2013 at 8:22 am

I love this beach house and if time comes that I will have my own, I will surely mix it with a color green, baby blue and red :)

Jenny Allworthy May 18, 2011 at 8:32 am

Oh, my god I think I am actually salivating. I may have to bookmark this page and come back on occasion for daydream time. The round breakfast nook….OMG!

Sweet dreams are made of these…

Juju at Tales of Whimsy... May 18, 2011 at 8:33 am

I love it! And surprisingly I like the striped yellow walls.

black eyed susans kitchen May 18, 2011 at 8:34 am

I have to agree Julia…this might just be the perfect beach house…full of wonderful ideas too!

Cheryl May 18, 2011 at 8:37 am

I think I’m in love.

Deb! May 18, 2011 at 8:41 am

This place is classically gorgeous. The “old world” details (translation=extremely expensive details) are just what I live for. The architect has great vision as does the decorator.
However, I would like a property such as this to have a much larger yard so I could plant formal gardens and have “fantasy” areas.

Teresa Griffith May 18, 2011 at 8:41 am

Ok , when do I move in???!!! Love it!

IAMSNWFLAKE May 18, 2011 at 8:53 am

A reading nook by the fireplace, a bathtub in a bay, a wonderful kitchen, beach and sea view and lots of blue and earth tones all over the house. What else can one ask for?

The English Organizer May 18, 2011 at 9:18 am

Close to perfect… love the windowseats especially.

Sheila May 18, 2011 at 9:58 am

Lovely! Lovely! With very few changes (some of the wallpaper), that would be very close to my dream house. Thanks for posting!

Erica May 18, 2011 at 10:12 am

That banquette is calling me! I’d love to curl up in there with my coffee, some pastries, and a good book with my family buzzing around me doing their day-to-day stuff. Love it!

Cordelia May 18, 2011 at 10:14 am

I love it. Wouldn’t change a thing.

Marcia May 18, 2011 at 10:42 am

Love this house, and love your site. It is a treat to visit each day……I thought you might like to see the work of the company I work for….similar to today’s house. We are a design-build firm on Cape Cod in MA. http://www.psdab.com

polly dove May 18, 2011 at 10:46 am

(Think Man of La Mancha … ) To dream, the impossible dream!

L.O.V.E. it! All of it! Every “nook and cranny” of it!

Janice May 18, 2011 at 10:55 am

oooooooooooooooooooh LOVE THIS!

Jared May 18, 2011 at 10:56 am

I LOVE this house! It is absolutely stunning. I love how its fun like with the Living room’s bright yellow striped wallpaper and the cozy breakfast nook. I also love that paneled hallway off the kitchen with the arched ceiling. Thats a really cool touch. When can I move in??

Karena May 18, 2011 at 11:11 am

Brooke and Steve are two of the most creative and talented people I know! They always have a new project going. Patina Farm will be a masterpiece of French Country life.

xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena

Come and enter my New Giveaway from Serena & Lily! You will love it!

Katie Peters May 18, 2011 at 11:47 am

Mmmm…. love this house. Now I’m thinking about directors chairs for barstools, minature schoolhouse pendants and paneling in the hallway, not to mention planning a trip to the beach and lounging beside the pool! Ahhh…

Jenny May 18, 2011 at 11:55 am

I’ll take it!

Pat May 18, 2011 at 12:44 pm

Sighhh. I could get lost in these pictures. It’s perfection.
Drool.

Carrie May 18, 2011 at 12:54 pm

I can totally see myself living there!!

Kik May 18, 2011 at 1:15 pm

WOW, so beautiful!!!

Lesley @ TheDesignFile May 18, 2011 at 1:31 pm

I love reading Velvet & Linen and I love their work. Beautiful!

cécile delouvrier May 18, 2011 at 3:07 pm

wonderful dreamhouse; i’d die to live in such heaven! thank you for sharing this!

Kim May 18, 2011 at 3:33 pm

I absolutely love this beach house except for the wallpaper. Get rid of them, and this would be a great place to live.

Desiree @chic coastal living May 18, 2011 at 4:05 pm

What a dreamy house! I love everything about it especially the blue shutters!

Becky @ Farmgirl Paints May 18, 2011 at 4:26 pm

wow…love a lot of that house, especially the blue shutters. i don’t think i’ll ever become a fan of wall paper. it’s just too busy for me.

Susan S May 18, 2011 at 6:10 pm

Oh me, oh my! A house couldn’t get any cuter! This is one of the happiest houses I’ve ever seen! Seriously, as I was scrolling through the pictures, the thought simply “popped” into my head that this is a happy house!

Nita May 18, 2011 at 6:24 pm

It’s beautiful but I wouldn’t want to live ON the beach anymore with floods and tsunamis going on lately.

grapevine93 May 18, 2011 at 7:45 pm

This is absolutely the definition in pictures of H-O-M-E…..sweet home! I could move right in with only my toothbrush, my Prince… and my Terriers and live happily ever after. I’ve enjoyed looking at about a gazillion homes in my state of “Hooked” but this is now at the top of my “LOVE” list!

Nancy Hood May 18, 2011 at 7:47 pm

Like your site :) I follow their blog too and could easily live in ANY of their homes!!! Hope your week is treating you kindly!!

marta May 18, 2011 at 8:03 pm

I love this house! I am daydreaming tooooo..

Thanks Julia!

Destiny May 18, 2011 at 10:40 pm

This is my favorite house that you featured so far. Dreamy!

jennie w. May 18, 2011 at 10:52 pm

Please let me live there. Is that so much to ask?

E. George May 19, 2011 at 1:06 am

OK where do I get me one of those…. Hi Julia this house is beautiful there is just one problem you won’t get any reading done the view is too dreamy. Thank you for sharing. Regards Esther from Sydney.

Cindy May 19, 2011 at 10:17 am

I am officially in house lust. That is one beautiful house!

Jen May 19, 2011 at 10:58 am

Move me in…stat! I’m not sure there could be a house more suited to my style and tastes than that one. First, the proximity/view to the water, the finishes, the charming nooks & crannies, the furnishings, light fixtures, oh my.

Serious love.

Tiff @ Love, Sweat, and Beers May 19, 2011 at 2:27 pm

Did I see window benches and hydrangeas? I’m in!

Bre May 19, 2011 at 3:06 pm

I’m in love. And you’re right I am absolutely daydreaming now! Great post! This house is incredible-inside and out. The location is also fantastically perfect, my favorite part of my trip to CA was Malibu. I love the built in drawers and cabinets (in the kitchen-genius!) window seats, and the director’s chairs on the island in the kitchen is a great idea. I have a director’s chair around here somewhere…

Arie May 19, 2011 at 5:10 pm

Love the built in nooks next to the beds, and the ones in the kitchen that holds the blue baskets, also that bedroom with the four poster bed, and the front porch, but I absolutely love, love, love, that hallway off of the kitchen!!!! Oh to have a rounded ceiling hallway! *swoon*

Maui vacation rentals May 19, 2011 at 6:16 pm

This house is beautiful inside and out, but the view of the water would be the most alluring part for me. I love being by the water.

Kelli May 19, 2011 at 7:33 pm

This house is perfection!

Daisy May 20, 2011 at 2:48 pm

This is definitely my dream house! I love the light colors, the porch and that bathtub overlooking the beach, the kitchen. Wow! Simply stunning!

Terrie loves homes February 7, 2012 at 2:29 pm

I love this house. Yes, I was day dreaming about being there in one of the lovely bedrooms, looking out a blue shuttered window. If you could only see what kind of home i’m living in now, then look at this house again you’d understand where i’m coming from!..lol

JoLynn July 13, 2012 at 5:12 pm

That beautiful woodwork had me at hello! Julia thank you for sharing!

{ 4 trackbacks }