Funny Listing of the Week: Find the Lime!

Gotta love a real estate agent with a sense of humor. A reader named Trine sent me this listing for a house in Norway, saying, “Mission of the Day: Find the Lime!” At first I wasn’t sure what she meant, but it quickly became clear as I started looking through the photos.

Apparently the agent had a lime, and he liked it, so he decided to stage the house with it. Room by room by room. See if you can spot the lime he placed in each of them!

I didn’t think anything of it at first, because a lime belongs in a kitchen and doesn’t look out of place on the table…

But wait–it looks like there’s one hiding in the living room, too. See it?

There it is again in the sitting room upstairs:

This may be the first time I’ve seen a lime in a bathroom…

It has some work to do in the home office:

Hope it doesn’t lose its balance and roll off…

The lime especially enjoys sitting on the back deck and enjoying the beautiful view…

Check the listing for the rest of the photos and see how many limes you can spot. Thanks to Trine for finding this one–it made my day! It reminds me of the house we saw with the two vases that moved from room to room.

Click Here to See More Funny Real Estate Listings!

When I saw this photo in the real estate listings, it reminded me of the time when we were house hunting and walked into a…
TV room bathroom in Tacoma
This house for sale in Tacoma, Washington, has a master bath large enough to double as a TV room. (Thanks to Abby for spotting this…

Yay… the lime in Norway is now famous on hooked on houses 😀

That is too funny! Mayhap the fruit simply wanted to enjoy the “limelight” for an afternoon. Okay, that was one of my worst jokes. Ever.

• says

Haha, spot on, Ricki! Only hope the fruit isn’t stealing the limelight from the listing, though. In searching for the lime, I found myself skimming over the photos without giving much attention to the room in which it was placed.

3. T. says

What a cute home, and in such a gorgeous setting! That lime is hilarious. Your readers have keen eyesight.

Funny, and strange! Is a lime a good luck charm for a realtor in Norway or something?

5. Susan B. says

It’s like the mouse in Goodnight Moon! It’s in every picture, but you have to look for it.

That’s funny! … and maybe a little weird.

Supposedly there is a Superman hidden in every episode of Seinfeld (usually, but not always, on Jerry’s bookshelf), so this is kinda like that.

It must be a cherished lime…and it most definitely has had it’s fifteen minutes of fame now!
    Thanks for the smiles…
    xo J~

hahaha this is too funny! Maybe the real estate agent planned on making a margarita after posting his listing? Who knows what they think sometimes!

9. Mickinzie says

wonder if the agent uses a different fruit for each listing? to keep track of them all. This is the lime house.

10. Kim says

This is too funny! At least the lime isn’t extremely noticeable like the vases were.

Thanks for the post Julia! It made me laugh.

What the heck! That is just way to strange. Why in the world would someone do that!

12. Billy says

Its brilliant; the purpose is to get customers to look at all the pictures closely, and not just do a quick scan of the listing photos.

13. Dean says

I wonder if this has something to do with Norway Feng Shui–put a lime in every room for good luck?

• Dean says

OMG-I just scrolled up and saw Darla’s post about limes in feng shui. Maybe the agent is onto something here…

14. Julie says

Limes aren’t cheap lately. Gotta get maximum use out of ’em!

Seriously though… maybe his trick worked… we were all looking for the lime and I couldn’t tell you a thing about the tacky decorating or lack thereof.

Hmmm…maybe they do it to get more people to view their listings.

: )

Julie M.

ps The blue cupboard in the living room is pretty cool.

pps Have you seen “Killers,” starring Katherine Heigl & Ashton Kutcher? It has some interesting interiors.

May he’s a fan and wanted to do something “Hooked on Houses” worthy!

I love it.

that’s hilarious! he should have made it more difficult to spot though ahah

18. Cheryl Stoy says

Okay…that was awesome and the house itself is quite attractive. Made my morning.

19. Turid Wangensten says

This is too funny, and I thought it was a bit strange… until I looked up the real estate agent’s website and found that they use the lime as a trademark or something.. Both the fruit an the green color of it is fresh and they want to apeal to youg and fresh people. So it really is a marketing strategy, as Kathleen said:)

Here’s the website: good luck reading norwegian;)

I think this works because in order to find the lime I really had to look at the pictures and see more of the house in doing so. So the lime wasn’t something that distracted me from the house but instead drew me in.

Hmmm….interesting idea, with the use of limes. If it’s a fruit or maybe a flower native to the area, it could be very effective, especially for a home buyer relocating into a new region of the county. ExxonMobil will soon be relocating to the northern region of the Greater Houston area. It gives me an idea using Texas Bluebonnets.