Hooked on Holiday House Tours: My White Christmas Tree

white christmas tree 6

Last Thursday I showed you how my dining room was shaping up for the holidays and promised to show you my new white tree. It’s a new addition to my Christmas decor this year, so I still had some more ornaments to buy for it before it was ready for its close-up. And I added a few more things to my room, too, while I was at it. So come on in and look around!

white christmas tree 4

I usually go with red and silver this time of year, but I was ready for a change. The dining room is only a couple of years old, and this is the first year I had all of the furniture in there (it was pretty bare last Christmas). I decided to go for a silver and gold scheme.

mercury glass christmas trees

Long-time readers will recall that this used to be an unused sitting room with carpet. We put in the hardwood floors and Dave added the chair rail and crown molding to pretty things up a little. Someday I’ll have to do a proper before-and-after post so you can see how far it’s come.

I’m really digging these gold and silver snowflakes (I found them at Lowe’s of all places) and got a little carried away, hanging them all over the place…

white christmas tree 5

I was also excited to try a white tree, something I’ve never had before. It was a nice surprise to see how it glows at night with all of the gold and silver ornaments on it.

white christmas tree 7

Come back Thursday for my 3rd and final holiday party, and I’ll show you my red and silver family room. If you missed the other photos of my dining room, you can see them here. Now it’s your turn to show us how you’ve been decorating this year!

*Nesting Place, Kelly’s Corner, and Thrifty Decor Chick are hosting parties, so check them out, too!*

If you’ve got a holiday post to add to the party, all you have to do is:

1. Add the permalink to the specific blog post (not your general blog address).
  2. Link back to this post from yours (feel free to use that button, created for me by Amy!).
  3. Start clicking!

Nita Stacy is the creative blogger behind Mod Vintage Life, and this is her holiday mantel. She linked it up to my Hooked on Holiday…
Reese Witherspoon-How Do You Know sets
The Sets from Reese Witherspoon's New Movie How Do You Know: CasaSugar. Hoping for Peace & Love This Holiday Season: My Sparrow Organic Linens. A…

• hookedonhouses says

Lowe’s! I wasn’t there to buy a tree at all, but I couldn’t resist when I saw it. :-)

Thanks so much for hosting the linky – I love to see how everyone decorates for the holidays! And I really love the white tree with the glittery ornaments – so pretty!
    .-= Anne´s last blog ..Christmas House Tour =-.

Hi, Julia, thanks for coming to see my tree! I was coming over to tell you how beautiful your white tree is! I just love it. you always do elegant & simple so well & it fits your house perfectly. You have great taste! That white tree is stunning. thanks for another fun party.
    .-= Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality´s last blog ..O Christmas Tree! =-.

I am so sorry – I accidently linked mine up to my blog home page instead of the specific post. It is number 43, I will link up again the right way, can you delete the wrong one? I am so sorry!

I LOVE your white tree with the gold and silver! SO pretty. (and I’m still loving the turquoise chest too). Thanks so much for hosting the party. Hopefully my post qualifies since it’s just my Christmas tree?
    .-= PK @ Room Remix´s last blog ..My Christmas Tree =-.

Your tree is so pretty!! I love white trees and had several up last year but am doing things as simply as possible this year and have limited myself to only one tree – I have to have a real one so it’s the winner.

Thank you for the fun party!

bee blessed
    .-= Mary´s last blog ..A Little Victorian Christmas =-.

6. E. George says

Hi Julia love the white christmas tree it looks absolutely beautiful and the snowflakes they are my favourite and hanging them off the chandelier love it….. Till next time Regards Esther from Sydney…. Oprah looks like she is having a great time over this side of the world… PS have a wonderful weekend…..

I am in love with white Christmas trees! I’ve seen so many photos of them this year. I’m still lugging around ye olde plain green tree. I feel so behind the times! 😉
    .-= Christine´s last blog ..Ninth Day of Christmas =-.

• hookedonhouses says

I’ve got a green tree in the family room. I’ll show that one next week! :)

Hey Julia, I love your white tree. All the snowklakes and mercury glass touches are so beautiful. Thanks for hosting your party, I’ll be joining.

Merr Christmas…
    .-= Lamp Tramp´s last blog ..Flocked Christmas trees =-.

I am LOVING your white tree! I read somewhere that white trees look better by a colorful wall (like blue, light green, etc) and I actually thought of buying one, but I was scared it wouldn’t look very good by my wall (almost the same color as yours), and I was wrong. Judging by your pictures, it goes perfectly together! Especially because you toned well with the gold. I also LOVE, LOVE your credenza. Where did you get it? I love the color. You’ve a very beautiful dining room, Julia.

Luciane at HomeBunch.com

• hookedonhouses says

Thanks, Luciane! I got it at Arhaus earlier this year and I love it. :)

Love your holiday decor! It looks lovely. I also appreciate you commenting on my blog post about wreaths. What a wonderful surprise! I am also “Hooked on Houses” and enjoy following your blog. Happy Holidays!
    .-= Gretchen´s last blog ..Holiday Wreaths for your Nest =-.

Your white tree is so elegant Julia. Looks fab in that room girl. I linked up today, not really about decorating…but kind of holidayish. Hope that’s okay. I do have a pic of my tree thrown in there.
    .-= Becky @ Farmgirl Paints´s last blog ..The perfect gift =-.

Julia, I am seriously in love with your dining room. It’s so lovely! The tree is completely fabulous…love how sparkly and shiney it is. Great job! I’ve had my tree up since last week, but I haven’t posted about it yet. :s
    .-= Amanda @ Serenity Now´s last blog ..Dear Santa Claus- =-.

13. cbean says

Dear Julia….you’ve “almost” weaned me from red and green. Lovely, lovely ambiance.

14. Julie says

In my previous home I always did gold and white decorations in the living room, which was more formal, and green and red traditional decoration in the family room. So fun to have two different themes to play with. Your tree absolutely glows and adds sparkle to a sophisticated room. It really looks gorgeous!

Just as I would expect from you..absolutely beautiful. A white tree can sometimes look “cold”, but yours is all warm and fuzzy! That room is perfection, and I can’t imagine it without out the buffet!
    I went to Marshall’s today and bought out all of their Mercury Glass. I’m just a little obsessive! LOL!
    .-= Pat´s last blog ..My Brother and I Are The Same Age =-.

I love everything about this room! The white tree is great, I’ve never really liked them that much, but yours looks perfect for this room! And the snowflakes are so fun!!
    Have a Merry Christmas!
    .-= Tina´s last blog ..The Christmas Trees 2010 =-.

Your tree is gorgeous Julia! I love the silver and gold theme, you executed it beautifully. The mercury glass is a beautiful complement to your fabulous white tree! I think now I’ll have to make a little stop into Lowe’s and check out their ornaments!

Hi there. I love your silver and white tree. You did a lovely job creating it.
    I am inspired to get a white tree next year. Thanks for hosting this holiday party.
    Happy holidays to you….Linda
    .-= Linda´s last blog ..Red Cardinal Christmas Table =-.

Julia, Thank you for hosting. I ‘m “Hooked” on your site. Your home is beautiful. I am so humbled to have you follow my blog. Thank you for visiting and for your comments.
    .-= sarah macklem´s last blog ..Christmas Home Tour 2010 =-.

20. Anne says

Love your decorations. And also love the color of your dining room. I’m painting soon – can you tell me what color you used?

I have to admit I have always been quite conservative about decorating my home. I mean, I have been using the typical colors of Christmas for decor. It was actually hard to imagine that decor of any other colors would look Christmassy enough. Oh boy, I was wrong. I have seen couple of white Christmas trees this year and I just love them! Your home looks amazing, a real winter wonderland!

22. Michelle Gallo says

Thank you so much for the beautiful pictures! I was so inspired that I went out and bought a white tree at Target. My husband wasn’t too sure about the idea at first, but now he really loves it. The kids love it too! A million thanks!

• hookedonhouses says

That’s so nice to hear! I’m glad it worked out for you. I never thought I’d want a white tree, but I’m really loving ours. :-)

I love your gorgeous white tree. Your dining room is beautiful. Thanks for hosting a party where we can peek into everyone’s homes.

I think we might be sharing a brain – I bought a white Christmas tree this year and put it up in our dining room too :-) I just love how it glows :-) I used mostly old ornaments on it this year – I’ll come up with a decorating plan for it next year. And I’ve hung a bunch of snowflakes from the DR chandelier too :-)

So needless to say, I LOVE how you’ve decorated your DR for Christmas! :-)
    .-= Kelly @ JAX does design´s last blog ..12 Days of Christmas with Kelly &amp Nancy- Day 7 =-.

Hi my loved one! I want to say that this post is amazing, nice written and
    come with almost all vital infos. I’d like to see extra posts like this .