My Bad MLS Photos on “The Ellen Show” & More House News

The Ellen Show-Bad MLS photos

Ellen DeGeneres featured 2 of the Bad MLS Listings from my blog on her show this week–the Office Bathroom and Doll House photos. See the video here. (Did one of you submit them to the show?)

Prince William & Kate Middleton Building Ultra-Green Royal Home: Daily Mail.

Charlize Theron's Malibu beach houseRent Charlize Theron’s Malibu Beach House For $30K: CasaSugar.

Or Rent Nicole Kidman’s Swanky NYC Condo: E!

“Most Infamous Mobster House in Sin City” For Sale: Listing.

My Sparrow-Cattail WreathsLoving These Cattail Wreaths: My Sparrow.

Clark Griswold Would Go For These Christmas Ornaments: Curbed.

One Year Ago: Lane Smith’s Book-Filled Writer’s Studio.

Rachel Zoe 2009

Star-Stylist Rachel Zoe Announced Her Pregnancy This Week, & Everyone Came to Look at Pics of Her House.

Most Popular Movie House This Week: It’s Complicated.

My-Design-Guide-adGot a Decorating 911? My Design Guide Can Help!

Comments

Julia,

Ellen??? Wow! This is HUGE!!! How are you feeling? You truly deserve it!

About Charlize Theron’s house. I posted about that before too, because I simply love it! It’s says a lot about her. Now, today I am posting about a house that OPRAH WINFREY might buy soon! It’s a 68 mil mansion in NJ. You should take a look!

Congrats on Ellen!

xo

Luciane at HomeBunch.com

• hookedonhouses says

Oh, no–no mention. When she showed one, I thought it was a coincidence. But when she mentioned a second one, I figured someone had found my blog! It was a kick to see her talking about them. -Julia :-)

2. DJ says

Ellen’s show has also used material from Awkward Family Photos with no credit. It’s too bad her staff doesn’t feel the need to credit websites such as yours. What would be the big deal about that for them?

Julia! Some peeps over @ the Ellen DeGeneres Show are fans of yours!!! Awesome!
    I used to have the B*I*G*G*E*S*T crush on Ellen’s brother, Vance. He was in a band called The Cold, and I thought he was *IT* You should check them out on YouTube, LOL.

Have a super weekend!!! 😀
    .-= Ricki Jill Treleaven´s last blog ..Carol Marines Daily Paintings =-.

I am so so sad that she didn’t credit you!! I will admit that I sent her show a link to your blog about six months ago saying that Ellen would love your blog (it was when she just started showing bad MLS house photos.)

I know that she often has a lot of non-celebrity guests and I did it with the hopes that maybe she would have you on the show or at least say your name and blog. I feel so badly this morning to wake up and find that they didn’t credit you at all.

I’m very sorry – I shouldn’t have done that. I thought their show was far more ethical.

Kristen
    .-= Kristen @ More Than Mulberries´s last blog ..Basement Update! =-.

• hookedonhouses says

Kristen–no need to apologize! I got a kick out of it. Yes, it would have been nice to get some “Ellen” traffic, but that’s okay. It means a lot to me that you took the time to do that. What would I do without loyal readers like you? THANKS!! -Julia :-)

I saw that Ellen! When the creepy doll house came up I said to my husband… “hey that’s from the Hooked on Houses blog” :).

PS I am in love the Nicole Kidman’s condo and Rachael Zoe’s home!!!!!!!
    .-= Ami @ beyondpeasandcarrots´s last blog ..Gratitude- Week 5 =-.

6. Cindy says

I understand how dissappointed you must be about not being mentioned because I know how excited I got the first time, and every time, I see you credit in me your blog. I e-mailed my friends and family “I’m famous!” Wouldn’t it be wonderful if the world was as nice as you Julia!

Your photos were on Ellen! That’s awesome. Her show should have given you credit though, Nate and now Ellen. I wish they daytime talk show staffers would give credit where credit is due! I’ll have to watch the video, I’m sure the creepy omnipresent doll got a lot of laughs from the audience. I didn’t know you had posted about RZoe’s house! I just checked it out, it’s so modern and austere. It’s definitely LA, but not really my cup of tea. I’m so happy for her and Rodge :) (yes I am a big fan of her and her show!)

Credit or no credit – it brought us all back to the dollhouse, where we belong, for an extended weekend stay. Americans still compiling lists of “reasons to be thankful” can include “at least the doll wasn’t a clown” at the top.
    .-= Lauren´s last blog ..A very Vancouver Christmas- download yours =-.

Just like everyone else said… it’s too bad that you did not get the credit for the bad MLS photos! ugh

I also wanted to comment on those crazy Christmas bulb lawn ornaments! The first thing I thought was “wow, those look like ones I’ve seen in NYC!”. The second thing I thought was “wow, those things cost a fortune”. The third thing… “I wonder what keeps those things from being rolled away by someone wanting to make a quick 20k?!” :)

Also, I wish I had tons of money to blow on rental houses, because I really like Charlize Theron’s rental in Malibu. Yes please.
    .-= Ashley´s last blog ..Rocky Mountain High =-.

10. Kim says

I am sorry that you didn’t get any credit at all. Some people just aren’t very considerate. We should all go down there and start a strike. Just kidding.

Ha ha, those ornaments would be perfect for Clark Griswold. I could picture them right on his front lawn.

Thanks for the links! They made me smile.

11. Billy says

Ellen wow!

But Lefty’s house for $667k on the LVCC golf course, BARGAIN.

I saw Ellen too and was waiting to hear them give you the credit. They need to throw some love your way for using your site. Just sayin’… We all know where those great pics originated…right here on “H on H”!
    .-= Romi´s last blog ..October Birthday Girl =-.

13. Su says

So, Julia; Did Ellen actually give you credit?
    Did I miss the name drop in the show?
    ” thanks to Julia of HookedOnHouses” kind of thing!
    Clearly, the whole realty thing is from your site-but its been ‘borrowed’ in my humble opinion. Here’s hoping it’s just a coincidental thing, because I like the Ellen show and I Love what do too…and your already famous! 😉
    People need to give credit where it is due…this you do VERY well indeed Julia.

• hookedonhouses says

No, they didn’t give my blog any credit, but I love Ellen and am giving her the benefit of the doubt. It’s possible that someone just gave her the links to the actual listings and not my blog. Who knows? It was fun to see them on her show, though! :-)

Congratulations for being on the Ellen show!!! So fun!

I didn’t know Rachel Z. was pregnant! Hooray!
    .-= Miz Booshay´s last blog .. =-.

15. Maggy says

WOW! Ellen talked about your blog?! What a kudo THAT is! And we all know how Ellen loves to feature the folks she finds on her show, so just keep us all posted .. :- )

By the way, sounds like you’re off and running on the sunroom! Can’t wait to see the finished space!

M.