Fall Open House: Show Us How You Decorate!

by hookedonhouses on September 28, 2010

looking into fam rmWelcome to my 3rd Annual Open House for Fall, when I invite everyone to show us how they decorate their homes for the season. Yesterday I showed you how I decorate my house (Decorating for Fall in 3 Easy Steps). But I’m always looking for fresh inspiration, so I’m eager to see your ideas now.

family room sofa-fall

There’s also a Fall Mantel Party raging over at Nesting Place today that you have to check out. After you link up here, don’t forget to head over and join hers, too. I am! I keep my mantel pretty simple, but some people go all-out, which is always fun to see.

apothecary jar in dining rm

If you’re a blogger and have a post to add to the party, all you have to do is:

1. Add the permalink to the specific blog post (not your general blog address).
  2. Link back to this post from yours so your readers can join the party.
  3. Start clicking!

Allison @ House of Hepworths September 28, 2010 at 10:11 pm

Thanks so much for the fun party!

~Allison @ House of Hepworths
.-= Allison @ House of Hepworths´s last blog ..Evolution of the mantle =-.

desiree September 28, 2010 at 10:13 pm

Oh how I’d love to decorate for the fall but this heat is killing me! It’s after 8pm and it’s close to 90 degrees—Hoping in a few weeks it will look and feel like fall around here.

the cape on the corner September 28, 2010 at 10:19 pm

love your blog and so happy for another fall link party. it’s the most wonderful time of the year, for sure!
.-= the cape on the corner´s last blog ..The flippin wreath =-.

linda @ Lime in the coconut September 28, 2010 at 10:45 pm

Oh Desiree…I hear ya! I am there. Although, as the winds whirl and rain drives…I AM feeling a teensy bit of it!
.-= linda @ Lime in the coconut´s last blog ..Buenaventura and Paloma do fall… =-.

melissa*320 sycamore September 28, 2010 at 11:05 pm

Hello, Julia! I love the orange throw in your family room and your simple, classic autumn touches. Thanks for the party!
.-= melissa*320 sycamore´s last blog ..copycat fall tablescape =-.

cindy @ cottage instincts September 28, 2010 at 11:26 pm

Thanks for hosting!
.-= cindy @ cottage instincts´s last blog ..At the stroke of midnight =-.

Leanne September 28, 2010 at 11:32 pm

I love all your little Fall touches. Thanks for hosting a fun decor party. I love Fall.
.-= Leanne´s last blog ..More Halloween in the Kitchen =-.

Cindy September 28, 2010 at 11:34 pm

My compliments on how well you thought through your decorating scheme to allow it to change with the seasons and look amazing all year long. I am so envious. Happy autumn.

Centsational Girl September 28, 2010 at 11:58 pm

Great idea Julia, so glad to see you hosting once again. Cheers to a beautiful season, your home as always is so warm, inviting, and stylish!
xo
Kate

Handy Man, Crafty Woman September 29, 2010 at 12:39 am

Thanks for hosting! I just love fall decorating, and I love seeing what everyone else is doing!
.-= Handy Man, Crafty Woman´s last blog ..Halloween Countdown Chain =-.

Heidi@recklessbliss September 29, 2010 at 1:38 am

These are all so pretty and inspiring. I got a ton of ideas from everyone’s decorating. I really love your living room, it’s so cozy and inviting. Great post Julia!
Heidi@RecklessBliss
xoxo
.-= Heidi@recklessbliss´s last blog ..Colour Your World! =-.

Angie September 29, 2010 at 2:28 am

Thank you Julia for hosting this wonderful party! Your fall decor is gorgeous! I am enjoying all the inspirational ideas linked up here! Angie xo
.-= Angie´s last blog ..A Striking Contrast =-.

Becca @ Adventures in Decorating September 29, 2010 at 5:20 am

What a fun gathering! I’m drooling over all of the inspiration. Your home is absolutely gorgeous! Your mantel … tablescape … everything! And, I love how the shade of orange you chose to decorate works beautifully with blue! Thanks for sharing and letting me post my Fall mantel. Take care, *Becca*
.-= Becca @ Adventures in Decorating´s last blog ..Le Fall Mantel =-.

Laura September 29, 2010 at 6:20 am

Love that you do this… I remember looking at them all last year and now I get to join in the fun! Lx
.-= Laura´s last blog ..A broken promise &amp some Fall decorating =-.

Jess @ Frugal with a Flourish September 29, 2010 at 6:26 am

This looks great! Can’t wait to see all the wonderful ideas! Thanks for hosting!
.-= Jess @ Frugal with a Flourish´s last blog ..Making my home mine =-.

Josanne September 29, 2010 at 7:03 am

Your home is so beautiful! It looks like it belongs in a magazine!!! Love your simplicity!
Thanks for the fall party!
.-= Josanne´s last blog ..New Chocolate Ball for A Lovely Fall Centerpiece! =-.

Amanda @ Serenity Now September 29, 2010 at 7:04 am

I looove your house, Julia! So warm and cozy. :) Thank you so much for hosting!
.-= Amanda @ Serenity Now´s last blog ..My Non-Mantel =-.

Bette @ Frugal Mom x3 September 29, 2010 at 7:16 am

Thanks for hosting. Great inspiration on here!
.-= Bette @ Frugal Mom x3´s last blog ..More Fall Decorating =-.

Janell Beals September 29, 2010 at 7:32 am

All these linky parties are great!! I have yet to do one ounce of fall decorating and I am getting inspired! Janell
.-= Janell Beals´s last blog ..Chic &amp Functional Home Offices From Houzz =-.

Kendra September 29, 2010 at 9:16 am

Wow I can’t’ believe that I’m just now coming across your blog. Love it!

Your fall decor is beautiful…..elegant and not too over powering. My fiancée says that anyone that was wondering if it was fall would know the second they walked into our home! Ha! That’s me though…..I’m all about over the top!

Kendra aka “Domestic Princess in Training”

Kristen @ High Heels and a Hammer September 29, 2010 at 9:19 am

Thanks for hosting! I love seeing all the fabulous ideas. Great inspiration!
.-= Kristen @ High Heels and a Hammer´s last blog ..Mantel Dressed For Fall =-.

Richella at Imparting Grace September 29, 2010 at 9:24 am

Hi Julia! I finally made it!

I wanted to join both Nester’s party and yours, but I wanted to do just a mantel for Nester’s party and more of a home tour for your party. So I wrote two separate posts. And now I think I’m your 84th entry or something like that. Wow! Good for you!

I think your home looks just wonderful decorated for fall. Actually, your mantel REALLY inspires me. I wrote about the mantel in my husband’s study for Nester’s party. I didn’t show the mantel in our living room, because I haven’t done anything fallish for it. That mantel is rather high and very shallow, so I have trouble decorating it. But I DO have some really tall candlesticks, and you’ve inspired me to paint them black or oil-rubbed bronze and use them. I could balance them with something else tall on the other side. Thank you for the inspiration–I’ll let you know if I end up emulating you!

Thank you SO MUCH for hosting this party!

Michelle @ Sweet Something Design September 29, 2010 at 9:34 am

Thank you for hosting! Your home looks fantastic!
.-= Michelle @ Sweet Something Design´s last blog ..Rustic Hand-Painted Sign =-.

Jayne September 29, 2010 at 9:35 am

Your home looks so inviting and cozy, love the style and all of your fall accents!

this blessed nest September 29, 2010 at 9:38 am

thank you so much for inviting us into your home. it is beautiful & warm.
i think my favorite part is your turquoise buffet with the mercury pumpkins & then the pops of orange from your pumpkins on your dining room table. for some reason i love turquoise or blue with orange. can’t beat it.

great idea for a party.

HAPPY FALL!
kellie
.-= this blessed nest´s last blog ..FALL FESTIVAL week 5!!! =-.

hookedonhouses September 29, 2010 at 11:57 am

I love orange and turquoise together, too–as you can probably tell by my blog! Thanks, Kellie. -Julia :-)

LuxuriousLife September 29, 2010 at 10:06 am

Thank you for the linking party!! My house is generally in fall decor, warm color pallete, rich colors and textures – that’s my style – don’t change much with the seasons. I may just have too!! Thanks!
.-= LuxuriousLife´s last blog ..Furniture As Art =-.

Our Nifty Notebook September 29, 2010 at 10:54 am

I can’t wait to look through these! How long is the linky going to be up for? I’m just getting started on decorating today.
.-= Our Nifty Notebook´s last blog ..Links I Like- Oops! =-.

hookedonhouses September 29, 2010 at 11:56 am

It’ll be up until next week, so you have plenty of time! -Julia

Heather September 29, 2010 at 11:21 am

I’m officially inspired!!
Thank you Julia!

Scribbler September 29, 2010 at 11:46 am

I wanted to link to your party but it doesn’t seem to work! There is not a button to move on once I entered the info — am I doing something wrong?

hookedonhouses September 29, 2010 at 11:55 am

I’m not sure why it didn’t work for you. I just tested it by uploading a link of my own and it worked fine. Make sure that your link is correct and doesn’t have double “http’s” at the beginning (I noticed when I pasted my link in, there was already an “http” there, so I had to delete one to get it to work).

Then you click “get image from web” and choose the photo from your post you want to use. It’ll help you crop it to size and that should be it. Hope that helps! -Julia

Christie September 29, 2010 at 11:54 am

Oh! I just found your blog! So Lovely! I linked up several things above! Hope that is okay! Just had so many fall decor posts already! I will have to sit and enjoy looking back through your blog! http://www.threepixielane.blogspot.com
.-= Christie´s last blog ..Candy Anyone =-.

Cheryl September 29, 2010 at 12:41 pm

You have some amazing followers and fellow bloggers to contribute this many beautiful ideas! I can’t wait to get home and look through them at my leisure. Thanks to you and everyone for the inspiration I’ll surely find.

Claudia September 29, 2010 at 1:15 pm

Hello,
Thank you for posting this Fall party. It’s my first time doing something like this and I enjoyed it very much. Everyone’s pictures looks so beautiful. Can’t wait to go back and take a better look tonight.
Thanks again.
Claudia

jana@opalnevershouts September 29, 2010 at 1:33 pm

How Julia! Thanks for bringing all these fun Holiday ideas into one place!

Kimberlee J. September 29, 2010 at 1:40 pm

Julia,
I can’t stop thinking about that mirror above your mantel…where did you get it? I want one. :)
.-= Kimberlee J.´s last blog ..Peanut Butter Cup Cookies =-.

hookedonhouses September 29, 2010 at 1:44 pm

I got the mirror at Bombay Co. a few years before they went out of business. Shouldn’t be too hard to find something similar, though. I’m glad you like it! I always get comments about how you’re not supposed to hang mirrors over fireplaces because they’re too high and reflect the ceiling, etc, but I felt like I needed something round to break up all the hard, square shapes on that wall with the two windows on the side. That room is really small and dark (we have a wooded yard), so I also was trying to make it seem a little brighter and bigger. -Julia

Robyn September 29, 2010 at 3:04 pm

Thank you for a very fine open house Julia!
.-= Robyn´s last blog ..The icing on the cake =-.

Bella Michelle September 29, 2010 at 3:28 pm

Thanks for a great blog party!!!!
.-= Bella Michelle´s last blog ..Fall Decorating Blog Party! =-.

Jessica September 29, 2010 at 3:38 pm

I gave it my best shot Julia…my sister-in-law is having a similar party…you both gave me the perfect “fall kick”! Thank you!
xo J~
.-= Jessica´s last blog ..A Touch Of Fall =-.

Ann September 29, 2010 at 3:53 pm

Wonderful party, thanks for hosting. What a gorgeous array of great decor ideas, you’ve really brought out the creativity with this Fall Party. Thanks!
.-= Ann´s last blog ..FUN Halloween decorating =-.

RHoda @ Southern Hospitality September 29, 2010 at 3:56 pm

Hi, Julia, that first pic looks like a magazine shot! Your house is looking SO good, love all your little Fall touches. It takes me until October to get in the mood for Fall & I only do a little, but I’m putting up something next week. I always miss the Fall parties, just can’t get it together when it’s 90*.
.-= RHoda @ Southern Hospitality´s last blog ..CSN 150 Giveaway =-.

Kim September 29, 2010 at 4:40 pm

Julia, your home is beautiful. Looks like a magazine spread. Thanks for hosting this.
.-= Kim´s last blog ..Fall Touches =-.

One Nutty Girl September 29, 2010 at 8:28 pm

Loving your decor! I’m obsessed with your turquoise buffet in that one picture. Did you paint it or buy it like that??? If you painted it can I get that color name? Painting my dining room furniture (which I am turning into an office) is on my to do list. I love your white table and chairs and that pop of color on your buffet!
.-= One Nutty Girl´s last blog ..Fall Mantle Linky Day =-.

hookedonhouses September 29, 2010 at 9:35 pm

It came like that from Arhaus, and it makes me really happy every day seeing that little bolt of blue when I walk through the room. -Julia :-)

Alison September 29, 2010 at 8:32 pm

Hi!

Be still my heart. Those mercury glass pumpkins are gorgeous! Where did you find them? Oh and your rooms are simply beautiful. :)

Thanks for opening your home and hosting this fun party!

Alison
.-= Alison´s last blog ..Customized Wall Art – Easy and Inexpensive! =-.

hookedonhouses September 29, 2010 at 9:34 pm

Home Goods! :)

Linda@Coastal Charm September 29, 2010 at 8:37 pm

I see that you have some silver pumpkins too…I only have one, but still love using it in my home! Thanks so much for hosting this FUN party.

Blessings,
Linda
.-= Linda@Coastal Charm´s last blog ..Fall Nesting On The Coast =-.

Grace September 29, 2010 at 9:25 pm

Thanks for hosting the Fall Open House Linky party. I love your silver pumpkins on the blue sideboard. I”ll have to look out for some like that as they would be perfect in our dining room too.
.-= Grace´s last blog ..Autumn Wreath =-.

love where you live September 30, 2010 at 8:39 am

Beautiful home! Just love the orange touches. Thank you for having us in! I enjoyed this post.

Pat September 30, 2010 at 8:42 am

I’m still working my way through all of these beautiful links..and loving it!
Your home looks beautiufl, as always.
There sure are a lot of wonderfully creative people out there!
.-= Pat´s last blog ..You’re It! =-.

Heather September 30, 2010 at 2:00 pm

You have REALLY helped me get into the fall spirit!
THANK YOU so much! for adding so many beautiful ideas to my week!
and by the way…..
I was google-ing “DIY bookshelves” and all the pictures I clicked on were for your site!
So THANKS…AGAIN!

Heather

Juju at Tales of Whimsy September 30, 2010 at 2:57 pm

WOW! Your house is gorgeous! OMG! Can I please please ask where you purchased those adorable toile chairs?
.-= Juju at Tales of Whimsy´s last blog ..Over the Moon Book Review &amp Contest Too =-.

hookedonhouses September 30, 2010 at 3:52 pm

I got those toile chairs years ago from a store that went out of business shortly thereafter. I was bummed because I was hoping to get the cool ottoman that went with them, but it was too late! -Julia

Kathy :) September 30, 2010 at 3:17 pm

You are the hostess with the mostess……your home looks FANTASTIC Julia…

Thanks for hosting this…..tomorrow is going to be a yucky, rainy day and I am coming back with my coffee for a LONG visit !!!!

I can’t wait……..

Happy Fall,
Kathy :)

Juju at Tales of Whimsy September 30, 2010 at 3:41 pm

Thanks Julie for responding :)
You’re the sweetest :)
I’m obsessed with toile and you just don’t see enough of it these days.

Sixty Fifth Avenue September 30, 2010 at 6:45 pm

Hi, your home is beautiful! Coming over to party from The Inspired Room. Loving your blog too.

Londen
.-= Sixty Fifth Avenue´s last blog ..Enjoying Every Minute =-.

Becky K October 1, 2010 at 6:03 am

I thought of you when I saw this beautiful listing in Australia. It is posted by Rhonda Jean of the Down to Earth Blog. Her sister is selling this home after losing her husband a few years ago. Rhonda Jean is trying to help her sister get the house sold.

It truly is a gem.
I don’t know if you’d want to feature it…but here is the info just in case.

.-= Becky K´s last blog ..Chivalry is not Dead! =-.

Strictly Simple Style October 1, 2010 at 7:17 am

I know how I’ll be spending the next hour!
.-= Strictly Simple Style´s last blog ..No Orange Pumpkins! =-.

AmericKim October 1, 2010 at 8:28 am

What a lovely and warm home you have. Your decorating style is gorgeous. Love your fall deco. Have a great day!
Cheers!

lgylling@cox.net October 1, 2010 at 7:51 pm

Thanks for hosting a great party, it’s my first time participating.

Have a great weekend.

Lisa

Andrea P October 2, 2010 at 12:44 pm

hi! I love o see all of the awesome fall decor! Everyone is so creative!

Julia – in the pics of you house, is that the Crate & Barrel Classical Symmetry prints I see? How many do you have? Which colors? I LOVE them!

hookedonhouses October 2, 2010 at 1:22 pm

Yep! I have four of them–orange, yellow, lime and aqua. Aren’t they fun? -Julia :)

Southern Fried Gal October 3, 2010 at 11:24 pm

Your home is a always so beautiful! Thanks for hosting. I have visited several links and can’t wait to visit more! Happy Fall!
.-= Southern Fried Gal´s last blog ..Fall Door Decor 2010 =-.

Melanie {The Tiny Tudor} October 4, 2010 at 2:04 pm

Thanks for hosting! Your home looks lovely. I just uploaded my Fall fireplace. Fall is my favorite time of year…I love to see how others are decorating for the season!
.-= Melanie {The Tiny Tudor}´s last blog ..My Front Door =-.

Talysa October 5, 2010 at 12:26 pm

I am falling in love with your “pecan” color. Curious…does it read peachy at all to you? I just did a sample board of it and Tobacco Road and the TR is too golden for my liking and the Pecan read a little peachy…BUT it could just be that I’m holding them together and see such a contrast.

Also, is there anyway you can find out wall color used in movie houses? Just watched the movie “Date Night” and LOVE that wall color…very neutral…very different each time I saw it in different times of day. Would love to get my hands on that color.
.-= Talysa´s last blog ..Focus Sweet Shot Tuesday =-.

hookedonhouses October 5, 2010 at 12:34 pm

The thing about Pecan is that is changes color depending on the time of day, the light coming through the windows, and the room it’s in. It looks like I used a totally different color in the dining room than in the family room because the dining room is so much lighter. So it’s tricky. I’m sure it does go a little peachy at certain times of the day, although I’ve never really noticed it. It stays pretty toasty looking in the family room, which gets less light due to all the trees in our backyard.

Sadly, movie-set colors don’t translate into real homes. They have to adjust them for the extreme lights and usually do custom mixes to get them right. We have to just use them for inspiration and find something similar. -Julia

temple university off campus housing September 12, 2011 at 10:49 pm

I like your way of blogging. I bookmarked it to my bookmark website list and will be checking back soon.

columbus cpa September 12, 2011 at 10:57 pm

I really like that. You touched my heart!

nyc voip September 12, 2011 at 10:57 pm

Oh my goodness! an amazing article. Thank you!

Maureen Houston June 23, 2012 at 12:30 pm

Amazing ideas! Thanks for sharing.

Tabitha October 10, 2012 at 7:32 pm

Here’s mine in Chandler, Arizona!

{ 22 trackbacks }