Get Your “House Fix:” Fun Weekend Links

by hookedonhouses on July 24, 2010

Tumbleweed Tiny House

Top Search on My Blog This Week: Tumbleweed Tiny Houses.

A Boarded-Up Brownstone Opens Up–Literally: NY Mag.

Six Ways to Transform a Yard Sale Mirror: Frugal with a Flourish.

Calfinder-wacky improvements5 Fun & Creative Home Improvements: CalFinder Blog.

Pottery Barn, We Need to Talk (funny!): Stories of A to Z.

What To Do With That Empty Space in the Corner: My Design Guide.

A Darling French Apartment for Rent: Cote de Texas.

Martha Stewart's Turkey Hill kitchen '82Photo Gallery of Martha’s Homes, Old & New: Martha Stewart.

Any Love for This Tennis-Ball Chair? CasaSugar.

P.S. Don’t Forget to Order Your House Portraits While They’re Still on Sale:

Walker Studio Summer Sale Ad

Lauren July 24, 2010 at 11:00 am

Thanks for the links. I think Pottery Barn needs a smack, much less a talk. Maybe someone could ‘refudiate’ them!

Becky @ Farmgirl Paints July 24, 2010 at 11:06 am

Can you even imagine the slide thing. My kids would do nothing but go up and down the stairs all day long. Too fun! Have a great weekend Julia.
.-= Becky @ Farmgirl Paints´s last blog ..I am second =-.

Jess @ Frugal with a Flourish July 24, 2010 at 11:36 am

Thanks for the link! Can’t wait to check out the rest!! And I highly recommend Beth’s – too funny!
.-= Jess @ Frugal with a Flourish´s last blog ..Chalk it up! =-.

pk @ Room Remix July 24, 2010 at 11:02 pm

That little house in the first image is so cute! Thanks for all of the great links. Hope you’re having a good weekend…
.-= pk @ Room Remix´s last blog ..Decorating With Ribbon =-.

Vanessa@decor happy July 24, 2010 at 11:52 pm

Thanks for the links! That apartment in Paris was unlike any other rental I have stayed in.
.-= Vanessa@decor happy´s last blog ..New Lighting at Pottery Barn =-.

Kim July 25, 2010 at 12:10 am

Thanks for this weeks links. I am on vacation right now, but will look at them when I get back.

Genevieve Ferraro July 25, 2010 at 6:10 am

Jay with Tumble Weed Houses will be so excited that you featured him here on ‘Hooked On Houses’! We both belong to the ‘Small House Society’ and he was the top Yahoo story last week. I’ve got to email the group ASAP.

And that Paris apartment is heaven! Joni always finds the best places, next to you, of course.
.-= Genevieve Ferraro´s last blog ..Friendly Fridays – Megans House =-.

hookedonhouses July 25, 2010 at 8:44 am

That’s interesting! Probably explains why my post about the Tumbleweed Houses was so popular this week. Thanks, Genevieve! -Julia

Juju at Tales of Whimsy.com July 25, 2010 at 7:03 am

Those itty bitty houses are so cute.

Cute apartment but I don’t like the idea of those window walls.

That tennis ball chair actually hurts me ;)
.-= Juju at Tales of Whimsy.com´s last blog ..Friday 56- The Choir Boats =-.

Love Where You Live July 25, 2010 at 3:25 pm

Those tiny houses are darling!
(but I don’t know if I could comfortably live that small….)
.-= Love Where You Live´s last blog ..Her Personal Space at Home with Penny The Comforts of Home and Lavender Hills Studio =-.

Hailey Erickson July 26, 2010 at 12:05 pm

Just wanted to say that the ‘weekend fix’ is my favorite part of Monday mornings… if you know what I mean.

Thanks for the links!
.-= Hailey Erickson´s last blog ..Welcome to Muffin Else Matters! =-.

Kelli July 26, 2010 at 1:30 pm

I just love the Tumbleweed houses! My dream is to find some wooded, peaceful property and build one of these small homes on it as a retreat for family.
.-= Kelli´s last blog ..My neck is saying- “Ahhhh…” =-.

kiantherising September 17, 2011 at 3:56 am