Get Your “House Fix:” Fun Weekend Links

by hookedonhouses on June 11, 2010

CasaSugar-summer fireplace10 Ways to Bring Summer Style to Your Fireplace: CasaSugar.

This 1890s House Needs to be Saved! House Pics: Then & Now.

5 Remodeling Lessons Learned the Hard Way: Struggling to Be Stylish.

Big and Carrie's apartment SATC 2

The Top Search on My Blog This Week, Thanks to SatC 2: Carrie’s Apt.

Big & Carrie’s New Apartment: Inspiring or Disappointing? Be Colorful.

House Plans from A-V (Arts & Crafts to Victorian): The Plan Collection.

Old Glory-Susie Harris

How to Paint Your Own “Old Glory:” Susie Harris.

Rue McClanahan’s Apartment Goes on the Market: NYT.

Tips on How to Start a Room Design: Isabella & Max Rooms.

Charleston Bed Swing-OBX TradingWhen I get a Screened Porch, I want one of these on it: OBX Trading Group.

A Designer’s Thoughts on the DIY Trend & HGTV’s Influence: Anne Lubner.

An Entry Hall Gets a Makeover with Beadboard (an an Oar!): A Beach Cottage.

I love my readers. Thanks to all of you who faithfully visit my blog–even on a weekend! Hope you’re having a good one. :-)

Alva June 12, 2010 at 9:38 am

So the Outer Banks Trading Group – never heard of them and they are literally like 10 minutes away from me! Serendipity indeed! Thanks so much for passing along darlin :)
.-= Alva´s last blog .. =-.

Janell Beals June 12, 2010 at 9:55 am

Thanks for including me in your list!! Have a great weekend…Janell
.-= Janell Beals´s last blog ..Tips On How To Start A Room Design =-.

Beth@The Stories of A2Z June 12, 2010 at 12:02 pm

I love your weekend roundups! They always suck me in :).
.-= Beth@The Stories of A2Z´s last blog ..What Do You Look For In a House? =-.

Karena June 12, 2010 at 12:32 pm

Julia I love your links to check out, always so fun!

Karena
Art by Karena
.-= Karena´s last blog ..Tie One On- Steve Maloney -Head to Toe Trunk Show at Wilkes Bashford =-.

Danielle from A Few of My Favorite Things June 12, 2010 at 12:46 pm

I love your link lists! Now I know how I’ll be spending my girls’ nap time.
.-= Danielle from A Few of My Favorite Things´s last blog ..FABULOUS FOR MOM FRIDAY: Banyan Hippo {DISCOUNT} =-.

sbean June 12, 2010 at 1:50 pm

Ooooh…I really like that red chair!

sbean

Kim June 12, 2010 at 2:25 pm

It saddens me when great homes like this one, have fallen apart and are neglected. If only they could be saved.

If I ever have a porch on my house, I would love to have one of these swings. Then I could go out and relax on it.

As much as I like beaded board, I wouldn’t want to use it because I don’t see it lasting very long and I am all about avoiding house projects.

Stacey @ The Blessed Nest June 12, 2010 at 2:55 pm

OOh, these sound fabulous!! Thanks! :) Off to read some great inspiration…
.-= Stacey @ The Blessed Nest´s last blog ..A Favorite Summertime Treat =-.

Jess@Frugal with a Flourish June 12, 2010 at 4:39 pm

Oooh – this looks like a great collection of links! Love it!
.-= Jess@Frugal with a Flourish´s last blog ..Ready to Relax! =-.

Pat June 12, 2010 at 6:39 pm

My favorite weekend reading..love your links! That beautiful old home needs someone to love it back to its glory..I’d hate to see it torn down.
I now need to go back and check out all the links…thanks again for providing my favorite weekend relaxation. Hope you have a great weekend too!
.-= Pat´s last blog ..?? If I Had A Hammer ???? =-.

Claire June 12, 2010 at 9:29 pm

OMGHOUSEPLANS. I’ll see you all next month some time.

Pat Smith June 13, 2010 at 12:41 am

Julia,
Thanks for putting up the 1890′s house…I hope some rich and /or handy reader comes to the rescue!
.-= Pat Smith´s last blog ..Lilies of the Garden =-.

Struggler June 13, 2010 at 9:49 am

Thank you so much for the mention – I’ll enjoy checking out these other links!

desiree June 13, 2010 at 7:55 pm

That porch swing is great! I found one that I want soooo bad but without a proper place to hang and the $$$ to getit, I continue to drool over these!
.-= desiree´s last blog ..English Garden Gets Gussied Up =-.

Pearl Maple June 16, 2010 at 4:58 am

Fabulous collection of links to inspire and did enjoy your post on the QLD’r it is a beautiful part of the world
.-= Pearl Maple´s last blog ..Sunshine =-.

Andrea Gibbes November 18, 2012 at 7:14 pm

How do i get on any HGTV Shows????? What do i have to do?? NY

hookedonhouses November 18, 2012 at 10:11 pm

Go to HGTV.com and look for the info there. I think you probably have to go to the production sites for each individual show to fill out applications.