Having My Cake and Eating It, Too

Julie's Birthday

Today is my birthday, so I’m taking the day off. I think I’ll gather a few of my friends on the sidewalk outside my house for some birthday cake. Want to join us?

P.S. That’s me in the middle. I must’ve been about 4. I’m not sure why we were celebrating on the sidewalk , but it always makes me laugh!

Greenwich-MLS-blue-house-waterfront
One year for Father's Day, my brother and I gave my dad a jokey t-shirt that said, "I Fought the Lawn and the Lawn Won."…
Cinderella's castle
Greetings from Disney World! I'm broadcasting from Orlando, Florida, this week, where I'm on vacation with my daughter, my aunt, and my mom. My aunt Toni--from…

Comments

Gosh those were the days….birthday on the sidewalk, can only imagine the looks you’d get if you tried that today!!

Birthday Greetings from Ireland,
    Mrs C xx
    .-= Jo Conlon´s last blog ..U Turn =-.

oh, you are/were adorable!!! Love this picture, life was so simple back then. Happy Birthday Julia! Hope it’s fabulous!

Adorable. I think my kids would very much like to have cake on the sidewalk. Terrific pic. Have a wonderful birthday, Julia!

Marija
    .-= Marija´s last blog ..Inspiration =-.

What could be more fab then a birthday on the sidewalk! I love it!
    I wish you a very happy birthday with more blessing then your heart can contain!!
    .-= Pat´s last blog ..Please Mr. Postman.. =-.

5. greenie says

HaPPy hApPY biRTHdAy! :-)
    (Is this where the “cakewalk” came from?)

Happy Birthday! I love your blog and do look forward to new posts. DH and I are getting closer and closer to throwing in the towel on CA. Last week, thanks to you, we were THIS CLOSE to moving to IL :-)
    btw; if we wanted an uncluttered photo around here lately we might very well have to set them out on the sidewalk, too!
    Have s great day!
    .-= jen duncan´s last blog ..April 26 =-.

7. JoEllen says

Happy Birthday!!!! I love your picture! I had the same haircut as the little girl on the right when I was 4. My mom called it a pixie cut! Your sidewalk party looks like fun! Maybe you were looking at the houses with your friends even then!!!!

Happy Birthday!! I hope you have a wonderful day and if it is as beautiful there as it is here then you should definitely hang out on the sidewalk. :)
    .-= Rachel´s last blog ..It Is What It Is =-.

9. Cheryl says

Happy Birthday Julia! I hope you have a great day and a fantastic year. I don’t have any cake here so I’m going to take a cocktail out to the sidewalk and toast to you. Very appropriate considering our love of curb appeal.
    Best Wishes.

10. Daralynn says

Happy Birthday! !It is my birthday also. From the looks of your picture we are probably around the same age. I have always loved having April 28th as my birthday. Enjoy!!

Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday dear Julia…Happy birthday to YOU!

I know you deserve your day off and I am certain you had a wonderful time!
    Take care,

Suzy
    .-= Suzy@thisblissfulife´s last blog ..Yummy Chocolate! =-.

12. Darla says

Happy Birthday!!

I remember practically LIVING on the sidewalk. Those were the days.

Oh my goodness, happy birthday! I discovered your site about three weeks ago and since then, have been alternating between giggling myself silly and drooling hopelessly over houses I won’t ever be able to afford without switching professions! Thanks for being a bright spot in my day – even though I don’t actually know you! Hope you have a beautiful birthday. :)

14. Jeannine520 says

Happy birthday! And what a great pic that is. Very cute!

Happy Birthday! Has anyone ever mentioned that your daughter looks like you (especially in this pic on the sidewalk)?! :)

~angela @ peonypatch
    .-= Angela´s last blog ..It’s About Time =-.

16. Katie says

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Hope it’s fantastic! (It’s my bday too! :)

Look at that gorgeous pic of you and your friends, eating cake on the sidewalk, adorable!!! Happy Birthday Julia and may the year ahead be full of love, peace, and
    Happiness for you in every thing you do – and of course lots of time to fine new homes for use to lust, laugh and scream (aaarrrggghh!!!) over LOL !!!!
    Hugs and blessings to you! and thanks for having one of the best blogs our there for us ‘house lookin’ ladies and men!! Your the best!
    Jenny
    Deekie Belle Designs

18. Kim says

“Happy happy birthday…from all of me to you…I wish it was my birthday so I could party too…HEY!!!!!! It’s from the movie the emperor’s new groove, but I changed the words to me, my, and I.

I hope you have a good day today. You deserve the day off from things. Is your husband going to cook you dinner and do the dishes? I sure hope so.

Birthday hugs and wishes for you! Hey, I remember that beautiful aqua piece your mom bought you for an early birthday present. I thought of you the other day when I was in Arhaus and saw it. She’s a beauty! Have a wonderful time celebrating.

xo
    LeAnn
    .-= LeAnn´s last blog ..A few minor adjustments…… =-.

20. Crusty Crone says

Happy Birthday! I hope something unexpected and delightful happens for you.

(I keep forgetting to let you know that I noticed the full screen popup ads stopped appearing. Its been at least three days, perhaps more. (insert ‘grateful smile’ here) I’m sorry it took me so long to let you know/confirm that all is well.)

Happy Birthday Julia!! I wish you all the happiness in the world…. oh and a screened in porch as well 😉

(((hugs)))
    rue
    .-= rue´s last blog ..Nothing =-.

22. Susan S says

Happy, happy birthday, Julia!! I’ll come join you on the sidewalk and I’ll bring along some colorful chalk. We’ll have a rousing game of hopscotch! Oh, for those carefree days! Jeez, you didn’t tell us how old you are(???).

Hope your day is full of fun!

23. HollyM says

Judging by the fashion alone, you must be as antiquated as I am. As a matter of fact, I think I had that dress – – I know I had the hairdo! Happy Birthday!

24. Destiny says

May you be surrounded by those you love and those who love you on your special day!

Happy Birthday, Julia! So happy to hear you are taking the day to celebrate. I celebrate you and your creativity and wishing you a wonderful birthday! Also, I love your birthday photo of you on the sidewalk with your birthday cake, it’s beyond adorable.:)
    .-= Kim´s last blog ..Mosiac Monday~lilacs and lavender =-.

What a beautiful child and a beautiful poor girl’s beach to eat cake on.

May you have many more as good as this one with flowers all over.

Oh my gosh! I’m so late to this party!
    Happy Birthday, Julia! Hope you enjoyed your day!!
    (I’m sure there’s no cake left but I would have joined you on your sidewalk in a heartbeat… look how much fun you’re all having!)
    .-= Tracy @ Comfort&Luxury´s last blog ..Notes From A Show House =-.

28. E. George says

Happy Belated Birthday – I have not checked my comp. for a few days it has been so slow that I just got lazy I’m sorry I hope you had a wonderful Birthday your photograph is B-E-A-UTIFUL what a smile….. Regards Esther from Sydney….ps I am the worst person on earth when it comes to remembering birthdays one year my daughter called to remind me that it was her birthday and I told her it was the following day … pathetic

Julia! I’ve been out of circulation for a couple of days, and I missed your birthday! I hope it was a wonderful day.

I love the photo of you on the sidewalk. Could you have been any cuter? No wonder you’re such a pretty woman!

May this year be blessed with all that makes you happiest!
    .-= Richella at Imparting Grace´s last blog ..English teacher =-.

30. Andrea says

What a beautiful little girl!
    Happy birthday, Julia, I hope you get lots of milk glass.

31. Nadia says

Julia, Happy belated Bithday! Hope you enjoyed the day with the people you love:)

32. jodi from new jersey says

Happy birthday to the Queen of the blogesphere. You are my fave & I wish you three things; health, wealth and TIME to enjoy it!…………………Jodi

Sorry I missed your birthday…I was on vacay! I hope your day was LOTS of fun. :) And, how adorable are you? I knew it was you in the middle because the girl there looks like Lily! :)
    .-= angela | the painted house´s last blog ..Pop Quiz! =-.

34. Maria says

Julia — I think this makes you offically family — my sister’s birthday is the 27th and mine was the 29th; think that makes you the middle child. :-)

Happy Birthday!