In This Trophy Room, There Are No Winners

by hookedonhouses on February 25, 2010

Animal house-exterior

This Tudor-style home with a slate roof is on the market in Wisconsin for $650,000. It has four bedrooms, a large wooded yard with a waterfall pond, and a four-car garage. The agent describes it as “elegant yet deceiving.” That’s one way to put it! When you step inside, you may be surprised by what you see:

Animal house-zebras

That’s right–stuffed zebras. A pair of them. Step into the den and you’ll find what I’m going to guess is not a faux zebra-skin…

Animal House-den

And finally, just when you’ve seen enough dead critters for one “elegant yet deceiving” house, there is what the agent refers to as “The Trophy Room:”

Animal House-trophy room

How would you caption this listing?

P.S. Thanks to Mary, the reader who sent me these photos. If you find something unusual in the real estate listings, e-mail me the link!

Check my Bad MLS Photos page to see more!

Jess @ Frugal with a Flourish February 25, 2010 at 8:11 am

Lol! Hubby and I just got a good laugh on this one. His comment “Did you ever see Night at the Museum?”
.-= Jess @ Frugal with a Flourish´s last blog ..Bargain Alert: Hobby Lobby =-.

Nate @ LaurelStreet February 25, 2010 at 8:20 am

Mutual of Omaha Wild Kingdom. Is that Marlin Perkins underneath the piano?
.-= Nate @ LaurelStreet´s last blog ..A Belated Valentine From New Orleans =-.

Bella February 25, 2010 at 8:21 am

That’s disturbing! Why wouldn’t these people put all of that carnage in storage while trying to sell their home? Why would this realtor publish these photos…are the Palins looking to relocate to Wisconsin? Good grief!
.-= Bella´s last blog ..Time For Pumpkin Cake! =-.

Kate February 25, 2010 at 8:26 am

Oh.my.gawd! I wonder how many realtors told them to “get rid of the dead animals before listing” before they got one that would list the house as-is.

Kellye February 25, 2010 at 8:27 am

Oh my…I think this one is now tied with the “doll room” for most creepy factor!

pattie and allie February 25, 2010 at 8:30 am

there are no words for this
.-= pattie and allie´s last blog ..Thursday dinner and a Tablescape =-.

MissCaron February 25, 2010 at 8:32 am

Oh Lord. That’s just creepy. My family is full of hunters and NONE of us has EVER had that much stuffed. Good Lord. You don’t need to keep ALL your “trophies” people!
.-= MissCaron´s last blog ..Top 15 Heart Healthy Foods =-.

Amy February 25, 2010 at 8:36 am

Cripes, my realtor had a fit because one of our bathrooms has dark green tile trim (from the previous owners). She insisted there was no way we could list it without removing the trim first. How can these people get away with listing a house full of dead animals?!

Richella at Imparting Grace February 25, 2010 at 8:38 am

That’s not a trophy room; that’s a zoo. Or a taxidermy showroom. Mutual of Omaha’s Wild Kingdom meets the Addams Family.

Perhaps a tactful realtor should have encouraged them to rent a storage building?

Melissa February 25, 2010 at 8:38 am

I would call this one “PETA’s Worst Nightmare”…yuck!

kasey February 25, 2010 at 8:43 am

that’s the wisconsin zoo alright;-)
.-= kasey´s last blog ..Raising real boys….. =-.

Sandy February 25, 2010 at 8:45 am

UGH!
.-= Sandy´s last blog ..Epcot =-.

Janell Beals February 25, 2010 at 8:46 am

I’d name it something along the lines of “a house ready to fight the brutal housing market”, but really, these people are hardly giving their home a shot (no pun intended, really!) at selling. Janell
.-= Janell Beals´s last blog ..Mystery Design Project – Clue # 2 =-.

Marija February 25, 2010 at 8:52 am

I’m so freaked out! These bad MLS pics are one of my favorite features. This one, however, could use a category of it’s own…disturbing MLS pics! Marija
.-= Marija´s last blog ..Just do it =-.

christy February 25, 2010 at 8:54 am

Oh it makes me sad just looking at these pictures. Seriously, couldn’t they put them in storage while their house is on the market?!?!
.-= christy´s last blog ..The witching hour =-.

Becky K February 25, 2010 at 8:57 am

Ewww….

But for my hunter brother…probably a dream!

Becky K.
.-= Becky K´s last blog ..Living Room Project #4 =-.

Sara February 25, 2010 at 9:01 am

But wait…! If everyone listened to their realtors we wouldn’t have the fun of “Bad MLS Photos”! Or, in this case, “CREEPY MLS Photos”. :-D

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions February 25, 2010 at 9:05 am

“Deceiving” is putting it mildly! I saw the exterior shot and thought what a beautiful home. Then the first interior shot and I said, “Oh my God” out loud {and I’m sitting here by myself}. I would never have made it past the foyer if I had been taken to look at this house; I don’t care how lovely the outside is. That’s some scary stuff going on in there.

Susan February 25, 2010 at 9:06 am

the sight of all those dead animals just makes me very sad. How could one ever pull the trigger on such beautiful creatures?

Susan
.-= Susan´s last blog ..Tea Time Tray for Tablescape Thursday =-.

Shannon February 25, 2010 at 9:11 am

Can anyone say, anger issues? Either this person is seriously angry at all things furry or they have watched one too many episodes of Wild Kingdom. Or . . . maybe they work at a a zoo and all these animals died of natural causes. Any way you look at it, someone please stop them now!!!! Please!!!
.-= Shannon´s last blog ..DIY of the Week – Chocolate Filled Natural Easter Eggs =-.

Sheila February 25, 2010 at 9:16 am

Um, no. I’d have to write, “Decor not included in sale of house.” Too bad, really — it looks like a lovely house from the outside, and the bones (sorry!) of the house look great, too. But those animals are just a big case of the ick.
.-= Sheila´s last blog ..The Big Easy: how to pronounce “New Orleans” =-.

Christi at A Southern Life February 25, 2010 at 9:17 am

Zebras and goats and deer, oh my! Wait, is that really a goat? I have heard of people hunting a lot of things but, a goat? This whole house is just really creepy. I would be afraid to close my eyes at night.
.-= Christi at A Southern Life´s last blog ..Southern Craziness =-.

Erin Parker February 25, 2010 at 9:19 am

No thank you!~

Janet February 25, 2010 at 9:21 am

The realtor needs to hold a serious staging intervention. Yikes!
.-= Janet´s last blog ..Slacker =-.

Janet @ I Drink at Restaurants February 25, 2010 at 9:28 am

At least the lawn jockey is not offensive to anyone ;)
.-= Janet @ I Drink at Restaurants´s last blog ..And Finally- He Barks! =-.

Janet February 25, 2010 at 9:32 am

Wow, I kid you not, I think those people used to live here. We had a house for sale with all kinds of dead wildlife mounted here, there and everywhere. It was hideous, but the house was good otherwise. In the “no staging” land that I live in it sold anyway…go figure!
Janet
.-= Janet´s last blog ..FOUND =-.

Becky February 25, 2010 at 9:34 am

I sure hope no realtor shows it to clients who are members of PETA.

Laurie @ My Domicile Style February 25, 2010 at 9:37 am

I really don’t know what to say, other than someone is very proud of their hunting skills. Can you imagine getting up in the middle of the night to get a drink of water and having to navigate through that????
.-= Laurie @ My Domicile Style´s last blog ..Mid-century Mania: Alexander Girard =-.

Mark February 25, 2010 at 10:06 am

How come nobody’s concerned with the bad faux on the wall. :-)
.-= Mark´s last blog ..Au Revoir Mouse =-.

middle sister February 25, 2010 at 10:09 am

If they were serious about selling- the animal kingdom would be gone. Often I blame the agent for not having a backbone. Agents need to encourage the seller to list the home in the best possible light. Often we as stagers are used as the “bad cop” so agents don’t offend and lose a listing.

I love a good belly laugh over bad MLS’. Thanks

Sara @ Russet Street Reno February 25, 2010 at 10:14 am

Uhhhhh, this is quite embarrassing for those of us in Wisconsin that don’t hunt, fish, stuff, taxidermy or display our treasured ‘kills’. I can only hope these people are located way up in boofoo northern WI and not in the Milwaukee area! And I also hope no one buys this offensive home.
.-= Sara @ Russet Street Reno´s last blog ..A maroon masterpiece =-.

bermudaonion (Kathy) February 25, 2010 at 10:22 am

Oh my! That house is lovely on the outside, but the decorating is just horrific.

Cori Heffernan February 25, 2010 at 10:23 am

OMG! They say to put your pictures away when your trying to sell house ! Add to that your BIG DEAD ANIMALS!!!

Cathryn February 25, 2010 at 10:37 am

Just call it a showcase house, sponsored by Mutual of Omaha’s Wild Kingdom.

Denise February 25, 2010 at 10:41 am

Dead On Arrival…

Rachel February 25, 2010 at 10:50 am

I think I would honestly be scared to sit in that trophy room! Can you imagine one of your children waking up from a bad dream and then having to go find you in THAT room? Yikes! :)
.-= Rachel´s last blog ..Smarty Sponsor: Martha Nichols, Travel Consultant for Aladdin Travel =-.

mary February 25, 2010 at 10:53 am

where the wild things are!

Karrie @ The Brick Cottage February 25, 2010 at 10:59 am

OIY! Seriously, why did the realtor insist on storage?! There’s a lot that I think I could see past, but there’s no way I could see past that! Blegh!
.-= Karrie @ The Brick Cottage´s last blog ..Bathroom Reveal =-.

Mom in High Heels February 25, 2010 at 11:02 am

OMG, the horror! I would never make it past the front door.
.-= Mom in High Heels´s last blog ..Random Tuesday; EuroSport rocks my world =-.

greenie February 25, 2010 at 11:04 am

My caption is “Welcome to vegetarian hell!”
And as a vegetarian, this is so over-the-top offensive I would turn around and walk out. Which is a shame, because the exterior looks nice.

Chelle February 25, 2010 at 11:06 am

First of all – Seriously????
I would call it “The Dead Zoo”.
Set up the pictures of the listing at every Cabelas in Wisconsin. It will sell.

Stacey @ The Blessed Nest February 25, 2010 at 11:08 am

“You’ll go WILD over this house!”
Yikes. Um, that’s all I have to say about that!
.-= Stacey @ The Blessed Nest´s last blog ..What Do YOU Collect? =-.

Julianne February 25, 2010 at 11:12 am

Seriously — why, why WHY???? Blech!

Jeannine520 February 25, 2010 at 11:17 am

Oh dear, good luck getting people to even come to look at that house. I wish I were kidding (but unfortuately I’m not), my inlaws have a trophy room that’s almost identical to that one. It’s just horrible and they’re so proud of it they don’t even see it as creepy.

Laura February 25, 2010 at 11:19 am

Oh my! I was kind of scared to scroll down! There needs to be a warning: No Young Children permitted at viewing. Mine would have nightmares for months!!
.-= Laura´s last blog ..Signing Off =-.

Kim February 25, 2010 at 11:21 am

My first impression was indeed “Night at the Museum”. The strange thing to me is why wouldn’t the owner bring them with him (her)?
.-= Kim´s last blog ..Alder Newel Posts =-.

Celeste @ Cottage Dreamers February 25, 2010 at 11:21 am

That is a beautiful house, but oh my goodness, it’s just over the top!
.-= Celeste @ Cottage Dreamers´s last blog ..Fireplace =-.

Michelle @ Sweet Something February 25, 2010 at 11:23 am

*gross
.-= Michelle @ Sweet Something´s last blog ..Pillow Project =-.

Cyndi February 25, 2010 at 11:33 am

I was going to use the caption that Mary above used, “Where the Wild Things Are”. It must be these homeowners’ goal to help further along the extinction of certain animals! Being originally from Louisiana, I’m used to seeing the occasional deer head on a wall, which I have always found offensive. But this is so over-the-top obscene I have no words! It’s really a shame too, because prospective buyers would be so distracted by all those eyes looking at them that they would never see what truly could be a lovely house .
.-= Cyndi´s last blog ..I’m Back! =-.

Tricia February 25, 2010 at 11:41 am

Okay, I’m sure that I would have nightmares from walking into this house.
My husband, however thinks it’s “SWEEEEET! It’s like your own Gander Mountain right in your own home!”
Yeah. Good thing I make the decorating decisions around here. ;)
.-= Tricia´s last blog ..Thrifty Thursday =-.

Sunshine February 25, 2010 at 11:43 am

How could you ever relax in a family room like that! YIKES!
.-= Sunshine´s last blog ..We made it to the front page of HGTV! =-.

Jackie W. February 25, 2010 at 11:44 am

Oh, my eyes @

Tracy @ Comfort&Luxury February 25, 2010 at 11:49 am

Oh. The house is so interesting from the outside but what a shock that would be to walk into! Home buyers have a hard enough time seeing past bad wallpaper and ugly carpet… how does this seller expect anyone to see past his “collection”?! Put those puppies in storage! (oh, God, I hope there aren’t really any puppies in there)
.-= Tracy @ Comfort&Luxury´s last blog ..Field Trip: The Huntington, Part 1. The Mansion and The Galleries =-.

Kristi @ Creative Kristi February 25, 2010 at 12:02 pm

Oh my goodness! Either the agent is too scared he’ll become a “trophy” if he tells the homeowner to take some of that out or the person who lives there is a bachelor. Because I don’t know any woman who could live like that!!! I don’t mind stuffed ‘trophy’ animals- to each their own- but not that many and not all over my house!
WOW is about the only thing to say lol! Thanks for sharing!
.-= Kristi @ Creative Kristi´s last blog ..Dog Food =-.

Amber February 25, 2010 at 12:33 pm

Scary! This reminds me of when I was a teenager and highly environmental at the time and one of my friends took me to her grandpa’s house which was much like the trophy room above, I was so horrified!
.-= Amber´s last blog ..blaahblaahblog:id0be1ieve:Paper*Cakes Finds – Your Daily… =-.

Amber February 25, 2010 at 12:37 pm

Oh my God! I’m actually terrified of that room! And the sad thing is, it really takes away from the beautiful bones the house has (look at those exposed beams).

It should be labled: “Lions, and tigers, and bears! (And zebras, and wolves, and goats, and birds…)”
.-= Amber´s last blog ..tuesday morning =-.

Pamela Rosenberg February 25, 2010 at 12:44 pm

Where The Wild Things Are? Wow, this is nasty. It even makes my attic look good :)
.-= Pamela Rosenberg´s last blog ..Mama’s New Banner Flair from Liz Ink and Paper =-.

the BLAH BLAH BLAHger February 25, 2010 at 12:59 pm

I’d call it “RAWR.” How silly!!!
.-= the BLAH BLAH BLAHger´s last blog ..Don’t Wait for Something Special =-.

Suze February 25, 2010 at 1:01 pm

OMGOSH! And I thought my father-in-law’s “deer head-in the office” was tacky!

This is beyond scary!
.-= Suze´s last blog ..Things That Are Keeping Me Going =-.

countryfrenchJudi February 25, 2010 at 1:02 pm

The Taxidermist that has a home based business!

Pat February 25, 2010 at 1:03 pm

Beautiful exterior, sure glad they didn’t carry their theme outside!
.-= Pat´s last blog ..THE OLD PATHS =-.

Keri February 25, 2010 at 1:06 pm

W.O.W.
that is crazy! who lives like that?
.-= Keri´s last blog ..why are you buggin’ me? =-.

Claire February 25, 2010 at 1:18 pm

“News is boring. Can we watch cartoons?”

The Zhush February 25, 2010 at 1:29 pm

“there’s a pretty little thing, waiting for the King, down in the Jungle Room”
or, “welcome to the jungle”….might not sell it, but I’d read the listing, that’s for sure! (oh, and wow.)
.-= The Zhush´s last blog ..Can’t Get Enough: French Bistro Chairs =-.

Kelly R. February 25, 2010 at 1:52 pm

Julia- Nothing could top your title. You have a gift!

susie February 25, 2010 at 1:53 pm

Yikes!!! I wouldn’t like all those beety eyes looking at me.

The house looks so nice from the outside. The inside is a completely different story. I think the real estate agent needs to do a little staging and put a “few things” in storage.
.-= susie´s last blog ..~ MY FIRST GIVEAWAY ~ =-.

Cathy Rust February 25, 2010 at 2:00 pm

I’ve got a caption for this room! How about: “All I need is specimen from the Homosapien genus and my collection will be complete! Mwahahahahahaha!!”
.-= Cathy Rust´s last blog ..Marmoleum: One of the Original “Eco-Friendly” Flooring Materials =-.

Kim February 25, 2010 at 2:10 pm

The Outside looks nice and charming, but the inside is so terrifying. I almost didn’t notice that plasma tv. It’s a good thing those animals don’t come to life or that would be a problem. These people need “Design to Sell” to come and help sell their house.

There’s could be so much potential in this house, if the house didn’t reflect the homeowners so much. Realtors have said on HGTV, that a selling home should not reflect the owners personality and I agree.

I don’t know about you guys, but when I see a house like this, it makes me want to go fix up the house and make it feel more inviting.

Annelise February 25, 2010 at 2:20 pm

AS Tony the tiger says “It’s a grrr reat house” What a hoot, thanks for sharing.
.-= Annelise´s last blog ..Muddy Snow, Muddy Water, Muddy Treasures =-.

Xdm February 25, 2010 at 2:30 pm

I didn’t even know Ted Nugent HAD a house in WI! (And as a Wisconsonite. Mygod. Sorry.)

Melinda February 25, 2010 at 2:32 pm

Wow, it makes “The Jungle Room” at Graceland look quaint by comparison!

Linda February 25, 2010 at 2:56 pm

PREDICTION: This house will never sell for $650,000.

black eyed susans kitchen February 25, 2010 at 3:09 pm

Do the trophies come with?? Seriously weird and awful!
Susan
.-= black eyed susans kitchen´s last blog ..THE BETTER LIFE WE NEVER KNEW WE WANTED =-.

Claire February 25, 2010 at 3:19 pm

Not enough people in the world have heard about the tv show “Designed to Sell.”

Cammie February 25, 2010 at 3:37 pm

I actually used to work for a doctor that has a room similar to this one! I called it his “Wild Kingdom” room! When you walk into the front door, there is a banister to the right, and below is room that is open from the basement floor level to the 2nd floor level. It is COVERED with bison, cheetah, zebras, hyenas, and water buffalo. Those are just a few! It was very interesting. Of course he has the usual turkeys, deer, and a few other select birds. Oh, and I forgot the mountain goat. :)

Lesley @ TheDesignFile February 25, 2010 at 3:54 pm

People are nuts. Really? Do you think you’re going to sell that house with all that stuff in there? That cracks me up.
.-= Lesley @ TheDesignFile´s last blog ..A new look for your kitchen: It’s in the bag! =-.

Sara February 25, 2010 at 4:01 pm

Whoa!! This is exactly why I will not let my husband “start” with a deer. We’d end up with this room in 20 years!!
.-= Sara´s last blog ..Missing Jackson =-.

Becky @ Farmgirl Paints February 25, 2010 at 4:17 pm

UGH! Seriously this house resembles my brother’s home in Illinois. He has a dozen deer heads hanging on his walls…in addition to his bear rug, stuffed quail and fox. It’s a virtual museum:)
.-= Becky @ Farmgirl Paints´s last blog ..More cupcakes please:) =-.

Jennifer Kennedy February 25, 2010 at 4:23 pm

Oh My!
.-= Jennifer Kennedy´s last blog ..Lusting =-.

jodi from new jersey February 25, 2010 at 4:39 pm

Ewwwwwwwwwwwwww!

Maya @ Completely Coastal February 25, 2010 at 4:44 pm

I’d call it, “A Killer House”!
.-= Maya @ Completely Coastal´s last blog ..Make a Wooden Beach Sign =-.

Beckie February 25, 2010 at 4:52 pm

P.E.T.A.’s Founder’s secret life!
.-= Beckie´s last blog ..In Honor of My Daughter =-.

Irene February 25, 2010 at 4:59 pm

My caption: the house that will never sell.

When I was a Realtor, I’d make sure my clients new one thing and one thing only – remove the dead animals. It offends to many.
.-= Irene´s last blog ..I’m Green (With Envy) =-.

Lone Star Queen February 25, 2010 at 5:05 pm

I would caption that as “Overkill”.
.-= Lone Star Queen´s last blog ..Chicken Noodle Soup =-.

Derek February 25, 2010 at 6:13 pm

Perhaps the house is on the market because the neighbors are forcing them to move because they discovered all their missing pets in that house.

Kristen @ More Than Mulberries February 25, 2010 at 6:27 pm

HA!!! I like the Lone Star Queen’s title of Overkill…too funny!
.-= Kristen @ More Than Mulberries´s last blog ..If You Haven’t Already… =-.

Cassandra February 25, 2010 at 6:37 pm

That’s pretty darn disgusting.

Gwen February 25, 2010 at 6:54 pm

This is beyond creepy!!!! I hope no one with small children walk through this house….they would have nightmares!
.-= Gwen´s last blog ..Machine Embroidery – Freehand =-.

songbirdtiff February 25, 2010 at 7:02 pm

My caption would be:

“Need attention? A captive audience awaits.”
.-= songbirdtiff´s last blog ..Until Spring… =-.

Stefanie February 25, 2010 at 7:46 pm

Do you have the MLS listing for this one? I would love to see if it is near me (I am in Wisconsin) just for shits and giggles I would love to walk through there!
.-= Stefanie´s last blog ..Happy Friday =-.

Nancy February 25, 2010 at 7:54 pm

I’m not into hunting animals, especially for sport, but who puts a bunch of dead animals in a room? Kind of makes me wonder what kind of person will do this and display it like it was a good thing? Good think my Sandy (dog) does not live close to them. *shudder*
.-= Nancy´s last blog ..Dirt under my fingernails. =-.

E. George February 25, 2010 at 8:01 pm

Hi Julia – caption – OPEN SEASON I don’t think this house will sell. You can’t afford to have bad taste at a time like this where the housing markets are in trouble. The outside looks inviting but inside thats another story. Have a great weekend. Regards Esther from Sydney.

Susan February 25, 2010 at 9:15 pm

Unbelievable…guess a home staging person has come to their house!
.-= Susan´s last blog ..Welcome to the 79thTablescape Thursday and A Give-a-Way from The Tassel House! =-.

Charlene February 25, 2010 at 11:20 pm

that is so awful looking – I’d run away screaming! The poor agent taking pictures for the listing, what can you do? I’ve been in houses – for business – that had several deer, turkey, and such mounted, and thought that was icky looking, but this is the shop of horrors – and I’m not even really against hunting per se!!
.-= Charlene´s last blog ..One More Christmas =-.

Annie@A View on Design February 25, 2010 at 11:50 pm

absolutely disgusting, very sick people live here! glad they’re not my neighbours, I’d be frightened to walk the dog!
.-= Annie@A View on Design´s last blog ..Toorak’s finest =-.

Karena February 26, 2010 at 12:19 am

Well I hope the homeowner or spouse really manly man with a soft side otherwise it would be really bad. Definitely needs to be staged! all the animals must go!

Karena

Why S? February 26, 2010 at 3:33 am

I usually relish thinking up an amusing caption but as a dietary vegetarian and lifestyle vegan for 22 years this house disgusts me. This is nothing more than an orgy of death. The feng-shui must be a disaster. As a buyer, even if I could get beyond sight of these slaughters, I wouldn’t want to reward the homeowner by buying his property.
.-= Why S?´s last blog ..Colonialism in the Modern Age (or The Age of the Moderns) =-.

The Little Red Shop February 26, 2010 at 5:47 am

Yuck!

Julie M.
.-= The Little Red Shop´s last blog ..Earl Grey’s Little Secret… =-.

brighton February 26, 2010 at 6:50 am

How about “DUCK!” or “I’m hunting wabbits…”

Creepy. You would think the relator would mention that those should be taken out. Dead animals are so not neutral…
.-= brighton´s last blog ..Little cottage on the pond… =-.

Nancy February 26, 2010 at 7:40 am

Caption: Morbid Menagerie.

Loved the house itself. Unbelievable to think that the owner would leave the house looking this way while on the market. I agree with a previous poster that a bachelor must live there. I don’t think a woman could live that way.

linda@LimeintheCoconut February 26, 2010 at 8:29 am

I CAN”T even imagine what goes on in that place when the lights go out! Talk about a midnight menagerie! Yowza!
.-= linda@LimeintheCoconut´s last blog ..So…Do you all… =-.

Allison February 26, 2010 at 12:23 pm

This house would sell in a heartbeat if empty!
.-= Allison´s last blog ..Fanciful Pencil-Inspired Furniture =-.

Bethany February 26, 2010 at 12:25 pm

I’d have nightmares in a house decorated as such, the living room alone… wow… who could watch the telly with all those dead eyes about the room?
.-= Bethany´s last blog ..Sno-spoiled =-.

Amanda @ Serenity Now February 26, 2010 at 1:15 pm

“Dr. Dolittle decides to bring his work home.”

Oh, mercy, that’s bad!
.-= Amanda @ Serenity Now´s last blog ..Friday Favorites Feature ::Weekend Bloggy Reading:: =-.

Roxy February 26, 2010 at 1:24 pm

I hate that people hunt animals for trophies. And this house is full of it!
I would caption this: “Where the Wild Things Die for Vanity”

Carol February 26, 2010 at 2:56 pm

Simply horrendous…It’s Hannibal Lecters house for animals. The guy who owns this home has to be about 5′ tall with a very small …..
What do you want to bet there is a Hummer in the garage too.

le @whoop whoop February 27, 2010 at 5:18 pm

omg .. the karma in this house would take years to fix … bring in the feng shu expert NOW !!

seriously I think this should be outlawed … best le
.-= le @whoop whoop´s last blog ..Linked Inspiration Five – Urban Chic and Art =-.

Joy Clark March 1, 2010 at 7:35 pm

PETA members need not inquire within! Yikes.

Jen @ After The Alter March 2, 2010 at 11:53 am

wow..that’s all I can say. I can’t even imagine walking into an open house on this one. I’d be freaked out! HG TV should totally do a show about this on how to stage a home!
.-= Jen @ After The Alter´s last blog ..99 Things =-.

Mike May 11, 2010 at 2:27 pm

Don’t be so fast to judge. It might not be a man’s decor. I live here in Wisconsin and know many women (single and married) who are avid hunters. Many of them decorate at least one room in their homes in this style. Well, not with zebras though. That’s just wrong. Doesn’t belong in a Wisconsin home.

By the way, where can I find the MLS listing?

Barry White May 26, 2010 at 9:45 pm

I don’t know what everyone is crying about with these animals-Look at the fireplace -there is still blank space on the walls around it- perhaps he could have set out a few mouse and rat traps to fill in the gaps

Zuitzy June 23, 2010 at 11:25 am

Sick and wrong!

Jennifer Grimes August 7, 2010 at 8:07 pm

Oh, I laughed out loud when I saw these FABULOUSLY horrific real estate pics! That living room with the wild kingdom motif really rings true in my neck of the woods, The Catskills. But weaving in the zebras with the presumably indigenous deer/bear/moose is pure genius. I have to link to this page from my site. As a weary broker after a long day of showings, this is the perfect tonic!

Kelley August 25, 2010 at 9:25 pm

OMG!!! This is hilarious. “What Not to Wear” for MLS listings.

Drawn to the Sea October 5, 2010 at 5:36 pm

Mercy, this makes a vegetarian gag. I saw a room similar to this in a listing for a beachfront home in (get this) Grand Cayman a year or two back.

Salad for supper tonite!
.-= Drawn to the Sea´s last blog ..Full Neon Moon =-.

Cameron October 17, 2010 at 7:46 am

I’m surprised the jockey doesn’t have a carcass hanging from arm. That was disturbing.
.-= Cameron´s last blog ..It’s not just for wedding-y people I hope =-.

petra voegtle January 5, 2011 at 4:01 am

To be honest I have always thought what obscenity means – but this word has become an entirely new meaning for me now. What kind of people lived in this house? Ghouls?
.-= petra voegtle´s last blog ..Obsessed by the Colour Purple =-.

Laura April 17, 2011 at 5:46 pm

Caption for the Animal house: “everyone is just dying to live here” (ICK! I say)

Bethany July 10, 2011 at 2:17 pm

I just had my first bigfoot sighting!!!

Nico August 29, 2011 at 8:26 am

I’ve always wanted to live at the zoo!

sexshop September 12, 2011 at 4:47 am

It is appropriate time to make some plans for the longer term and it’s time to be happy. I have read this post and if I may just I desire to suggest you some attention-grabbing things or suggestions. Maybe you can write subsequent articles relating to this article. I wish to read more issues about it!

Don July 25, 2012 at 4:27 pm