A friend of mine was horrified when she heard I was faking it with an artificial tree. She thinks I’m cheating my kids out of the “Authentic Christmas Experience.” But I have a few reasons for going the reusable route.
For one thing, we have allergies to deal with in our family. For another, I love trees and figure I’m sparing one each year. And finally, I’m lazy. There. I said it. I discovered that it’s much easier to drag a box up from the basement than to go out and hunt a live tree down.
Are you as disappointed in me as my friend was? People seem to have strong opinions on the topic, that’s for sure. What’s yours? (Photo via Country Living.)
Ho-Ho-Ho! Did You Miss Any Holiday Posts?
- My Fake Christmas Tree
- Hooked on Holiday House Tours Blog Party
- Inside the Real Home Alone House
- Pop Quiz: Can You Name These 10 Christmas-Movie Houses?
- A White Christmas
- 10 Things to Ask Santa for This Year
- Caption This: Santa in the House
- The Griswold House from National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation