It’s Paula Deen’s House in Savannah, Y’all!

by hookedonhouses on December 9, 2009

Paula Deen's house in Savannah

Paula Deen’s house in Savannah, Georgia, was recently featured on CMT Cribs. I took these snapshots of it while watching the tour because I knew you’d want to see it, too! Because it came from the video, the photo quality isn’t very good, but it gives you an idea of her Southern home style.

Her house has 4,800 square feet (4 BR, 4.5 BA) and is just as charming as can be.

Paula welcomes us into her foyer:

Living room:

Dining area:

Her famous kitchen “where the magic happens:”

Paula’s bedroom:

Paula shows off her dog steps that lead up to the bed so her “babies” can climb up without assistance:

The bathroom, where she gets her hair and makeup done before filming each show:

On the Food Network website, you can get Paula’s 100 most popular recipes, from her Lady & Sons Chicken Pot Pie to Grandmother Paul’s Fried Chicken. Here’s a photo of her in her kitchen that I found there:

You can watch the entire house tour on video at here. (Note: Unfortunately, it looks like the website is no longer live.)

*3/12 UPDATE: Oprah and Gayle King visited Paula in Savannah and got a tour of Deen’s waterfront property Riverbend on Oprah’s Next Chapter. Although it has a similar style, it looks like a different house than the one we saw on CMT. Take a look!

She shows them the game room:

Dishing out a meal for them in the dining room:

Visit Oprah.com to see the slideshow with all the pics by photographer George Burns. My favorite part of the property? The guest house!

Visit my Celebrity Houses page to see more, including…

Julia Child's house in CambridgeJulia Child’s “Little House” in Cambridge

Paula Grace December 9, 2009 at 12:21 am

That is one gorgoeus house!
.-= Paula Grace´s last blog ..Holiday Designer Style =-.

teresa December 9, 2009 at 12:46 am

So excited to see Paulas house….Your pictures are great…Visit my holiday blog for new tree pictures and my main blog for a MIRACLE story…
.-= teresa´s last blog ..WOW HAVE WE WORKED THIS PAST WEEK! ..HOPE YOU ENJOY THE WEEK IN REVIEW =-.

Jocelyn Stott December 9, 2009 at 1:42 am

It totally suits her! Just as I would have imagined. Gosh it is lovely. So cozy and feminine. I love it.
.-= Jocelyn Stott´s last blog ..Tea Cart Candy Bar =-.

Kellye December 9, 2009 at 2:46 am

Cute house, but this will tell you how much I know about Paula Deen: She tapes her show *in* her house? Wow…

Nathan December 9, 2009 at 3:35 am

I really like every room in this house, with the exception of the dining room. I expected a lot of gaudy over decoration or some reason.

Darla December 9, 2009 at 4:18 am

Just a country and cozy as I expected it to be…thanks for sharing!
.-= Darla´s last blog ..Garden Activity for Dec. 7, 2009 =-.

Mom in High Heels December 9, 2009 at 6:54 am

Oh, I love it! What a warm space. I want to grab some of her delicious mac and cheese and curl up on the sofa and eat it. Y’all.
.-= Mom in High Heels´s last blog ..Advent Calendar: An Exercise in Patience =-.

Astrid December 9, 2009 at 7:20 am

Beautiful house! That’s actually a house I could live in. I also didn’t know that they taped the shows in her own home. That must be nice!
.-= Astrid´s last blog ..My Advent Calendars…. =-.

duchess December 9, 2009 at 7:26 am

Love her & her house. It’s so warm & welcoming – I bet it smells good too. Thanks!
.-= duchess´s last blog ..Temporary Insanity =-.

Trish@TheOldPostRoad December 9, 2009 at 7:39 am

I’ll bet if I had a kitchen like that I would cook just like her. HA!
I love her various bold patterns on chairs and curtains.
-Trish
.-= Trish@TheOldPostRoad´s last blog ..Christmas Copy Cat =-.

Jamie December 9, 2009 at 7:51 am

Swoon! I missed this! I wonder if they’ll reshow it! Gorgeous…

I knew I liked her but when I saw the dog steps to her bed I knew I loved her!

Jan December 9, 2009 at 7:51 am

Oh…how I love Paula and her home! It looks as warm and as genuine as she is!! I’ll bet if I met her (or if any of us met her), we could sit down and have a GAB FEST, like old girlfriends do…especially if we had 2 of her favorite “Condiments” ~ Butter and Mayonnaise!! LOL!!!

Thanks for sharing this with us!!
.-= Jan´s last blog ..DAY 8 ~ STROLL THE SHOPS with Us ~ Cathy of TREASURED HEIRLOOMS and Jan from ROSE HAVEN =-.

Amanda @ Serenity Now December 9, 2009 at 8:11 am

Oh, it does suit her perfectly!! When I first saw the pictures I thought that her house would probably be closest to what I’d like my house to look like. :) Two thumbs up to you for taking pictures during a TV show–hope you didn’t get a headache. :)
.-= Amanda @ Serenity Now´s last blog ..So Your Husband Can Stay Out of the Dog House =-.

Chloe & Co. December 9, 2009 at 8:13 am

It looks like a cozy and warm home.
.-= Chloe & Co.´s last blog ..Dining Room Update =-.

LaurelStreet December 9, 2009 at 8:24 am

I’d love a cozy house like that. It looks like a place designed with family in mind.

Also, I’m relieved to see Paula has fully recovered from the errant flying ham from her Thanksgiving episode :-)
.-= LaurelStreet´s last blog ..Large or small – let me know what you think! =-.

christy December 9, 2009 at 8:38 am

Oh I just LOVE her kitchen and front porch! The whole house is so homey and cozy – it’s perfect! What a fun post Julia!
.-= christy´s last blog ..Daddy’s Boots =-.

Suzann from The Olive Cottage December 9, 2009 at 8:42 am

I have been wanting to see Paula’s house. Thank You!!!
.-= Suzann from The Olive Cottage´s last blog ..My Cup Runneth Over =-.

Janet December 9, 2009 at 8:53 am

Very nice! You could work all those butter calories off running around that HUGE kitchen.
.-= Janet´s last blog ..My Day Dream Home =-.

Amy @ Living Locurto December 9, 2009 at 9:04 am

Yes, that’s SO Paula Dean! Cute. I’m loving your new blog design!! Adding your button to my site today.
.-= Amy @ Living Locurto´s last blog ..Holiday Printables – Cardinal Gift Pack =-.

pat December 9, 2009 at 9:17 am

This is one celebrity house I would love to live in. Not grand, but obviously very, very nice. I love the check drapes, and that kitchen! There’s nothing I would change…except maybe a few colors. It has elegance and homey living mixed perfectly…love it!!!
.-= pat´s last blog ..MY CROOKED CHRISTMAS STAR =-.

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions December 9, 2009 at 9:22 am

I love her house! Love the openness and “come right in” feel to it. That kitchen is fantastic ~ not just for cooking but when you have people over and everyone hangs out in the kitchen.

Becky @ Farmgirl Paints December 9, 2009 at 9:58 am

Love this post Julia!! Paula Deen is one of my favorites and her style is right up my alley. Gorgeous…having a kitchen like that might actually make me want to cook:)
.-= Becky @ Farmgirl Paints´s last blog ..A time such as this! =-.

Courtney @ Nesting Instincts December 9, 2009 at 10:28 am

I love Paula Deen! It’s just like her to have them film in her own house, too, and not on a set. I love that. What a warm, cozy-looking home. It suits her!
.-= Courtney @ Nesting Instincts´s last blog ..more is more…and a merry Christmas :-) =-.

Jen @ After The Alter December 9, 2009 at 10:35 am

I totally think her house suits her! all warm and cozy just like she is! Can I live there??? lol
.-= Jen @ After The Alter´s last blog ..Being In Charge of Your Fertility =-.

Bailey December 9, 2009 at 10:52 am

Oh how I love Paula…And half the reason I watch the show (cause let’s face it, there is little she cooks that I can eat with a wedding coming up and all) is to see her beautiful house. SO cozy and the location on the water? Gorgeous.
Funny story. So last year my bff Laura and I took a roadtrip from Houston to Montreal and back. We basically ate our way up and down America, so naturally we had to stop by Paula Deens restaurant. Oh.my.god. Probably the most sinfully delicious food ever. I have dreams about the mac and cheese, and fried okra. But, even after 6 weeks on the road eating the greasiest diner food you could imagine, it was Paula who did me in. I felt like I had eaten a stick of butter like a lollypop. So worth it though.
.-= Bailey´s last blog ..Giving Thanks for Caroline and Keating’s Beautiful Wedding =-.

Nikki December 9, 2009 at 10:55 am

Here home is gorgeous! Nothin’ like that southern hospitality!!

Maya @ Completely Coastal December 9, 2009 at 11:42 am

I think it totally suits her!
.-= Maya @ Completely Coastal´s last blog ..Coastal Christmas Decor -Are Your Lights On? =-.

Melody @ Party Cupcake Ideas December 9, 2009 at 12:02 pm

Paula’s kitchen is so warm and inviting and you could cook for an army of friends.
.-= Melody @ Party Cupcake Ideas´s last blog ..Ice Cream Sprinkle Cupcakes =-.

Robin December 9, 2009 at 12:10 pm

I love that it looks like a normal (if very large) house that any of us could live in, and that the kitchen and bath accommodate her TV needs rather than were built to suit them (and would therefore be weird, unwieldy “studio” spaces the other 90% of the time).
.-= Robin´s last blog ..I’m thinking Freddie Mercury would’ve approved… =-.

Alicia December 9, 2009 at 1:12 pm

Yay!! Thank you for doing this – I watch Paula Deen just to get glimpses of her beautiful home.

Blakely December 9, 2009 at 1:56 pm

I watched this episode and I definately thought this house fit Paula Dean. It is very homey.
.-= Blakely´s last blog ..Texas Roadhouse =-.

pk @ Room Remix December 9, 2009 at 2:00 pm

It’s so pretty, homey and cozy! Looks exactly like I would expect her home to look. Thanks for sharing it.
.-= pk @ Room Remix´s last blog ..Christmas Traditions =-.

Anne December 9, 2009 at 2:07 pm

If you love Paula’s house and her furnishings… you’ll be excited to know that she has her own furniture line. It’s from Universal Furniture and you can check it out at http://www.pauladeenhome.com.

Richella at Imparting Grace December 9, 2009 at 3:48 pm

Paula Deen’s house really suits her, don’t you think? I’m a lady. I have sons. I need a house like Paula’s! Or maybe I just need to clean my own house so that I can enjoy what I have. :)
.-= Richella at Imparting Grace´s last blog ..Unwrapping a memory =-.

Janet December 9, 2009 at 4:20 pm

Yummy, like buttah!
.-= Janet´s last blog ..NEW YORK NEW YORK =-.

Sharon December 9, 2009 at 4:29 pm

Living Large!!!! …. it looks just like Paula
.-= Sharon´s last blog ..The Tree is Trimmed =-.

Kelly in Memphis December 9, 2009 at 4:37 pm

My most favorite house ever! Thank you! Since the video didn’t show the upstairs rooms, there’s a Kathy Griffin reality show where Kathy and her assistants stayed in guest bedrooms that are upstairs. (I didn’t find a link -but it aired earlier this year).

On the older Paula Deen shows the kitchen she filmed in had a oak antique-style ice box fridge that I loved. I would watch her show just to see that fridge.

Dana C. July 16, 2010 at 3:29 pm

Paula’s older shows were filmed in Gordon Elliot’s house in NY. He is the producer of her shows…just a tid bit of information…and I too loved that frig !!

Nancy December 9, 2009 at 5:45 pm

Love it! It really looks and feels like a home. I haven’t seen her often but the few times I have, I’ve loved her! And her food sounds so scrumptious. I’d love to sit there at the end of her counter and let her feed me.. LOL
.-= Nancy´s last blog ..Wordless Wednesday =-.

Terry Kearns December 9, 2009 at 6:05 pm

This is right done my Georgia coastal vernacular alley. I don’t even need to go inside. Thanks so much for showing. it.
.-= Terry Kearns´s last blog ..Cecil Touchon at Kinkos? =-.

Candy @ SoBella Creations December 9, 2009 at 7:01 pm

I love her house!
.-= Candy @ SoBella Creations´s last blog ..Etsy It Up =-.

Suzy December 9, 2009 at 8:31 pm

I love this house!!!I was looking to see the full size commercial convection oven she had built in. lOVE HER TASTE!
.-= Suzy´s last blog ..Pecan Sables =-.

Jenny December 9, 2009 at 9:35 pm

I love her home! It’s so comfy and cozy looking and seems very inviting.
.-= Jenny´s last blog ..Works For Me Wednesday: Blog Post Edit Update =-.

Jessica at Lavender & Lilies December 10, 2009 at 6:24 am

Don’t you just love Paula? I saw her in Savannah one time and I reacted like I was seeing a rock star. :)
.-= Jessica at Lavender & Lilies´s last blog ..For the Traveler =-.

Pat@Back Porch Musings December 10, 2009 at 10:54 am

Beautiful! Thanks for this Julia!!
.-= Pat@Back Porch Musings´s last blog ..~Country Christmas~ =-.

Danielle @ Transforming Home December 10, 2009 at 6:49 pm

WOW! I absolutely love it. It would be a perfect house for my family (if it had 4 bedrooms!).
Thanks for sharing – I now have it bookmarked!
Any pics from the upcoming “It’s Complicated” movie? I think I saw an article about it somewhere – House Beautiful maybe? I am definitely going to see it to get some good decorating ideas!!

Danielle
.-= Danielle @ Transforming Home´s last blog ..Finding my place… =-.

Melanie December 11, 2009 at 9:13 am

I missed this show and looked for it on tivo but I didn’t see any repeats. I love her. I have all of her cookbooks and even went to her restaurant. Yummy.
.-= Melanie´s last blog ..Finally…A Complete Room! =-.

hookedonhouses December 11, 2009 at 10:22 am

Danielle–
I haven’t done a post about It’s Complicated yet, but I probably will after the movie comes out. I know Joni at Cote de Texas already wrote about it:

Looks like it’ll be a fun movie! -Julia

Maria Hanson December 11, 2009 at 10:30 am

This is right up my ally. A homey celebrity home. Paula has wonderful taste. That front porch is to die for.
.-= Maria Hanson´s last blog ..2009 Christmas Decor =-.

joni webb December 12, 2009 at 7:14 pm

Oh Julia – write one of your own! I would love to read your take on it. can’t wait to go see it – you and Linda will me scoop on that anyway, since we’ll be in the country when it comes out!!!
.-= joni webb´s last blog ..La Quinta =-.

jodi from new jersey January 27, 2010 at 5:00 pm

My dream house of the month! I love that kitchen and all the check curtains. So cozy.Hubby loves the pop up tv and the selection of grills! Paula seems so down to earth, too. That was fun. Thank you so much…………………………………….

Shauna September 10, 2011 at 9:40 pm

Does anyone know if the furniture at the bottom of the bed hold a flat screen TV in it? I want a piece of furniture like that, maybe she has it in her line?!

Home January 28, 2010 at 3:09 am

I find it nice to look at the interiors especially the kitchen part. :-)
Thanks so much for sharing this!

BJT February 3, 2010 at 10:21 pm

I have seen Paula film in two other kitchens but not the one shown here. Does she have another kitchen ? One of the other kitchen’s also had beautiful decor but looked smaller.

Shelley Harris February 23, 2010 at 11:28 am

Ok, I would just live in this kitchen. It looks like “home”.

Marilyn Wendling April 25, 2010 at 10:07 am

Please let me know when Paula’s Hpuse is going to be on the air again I love that house and her. an I purchase a video. hank you

Lisa May 16, 2010 at 12:18 pm

This has to be one of my favorite homes I’ve seen. I didn’t know my taste ran so country! LOOve it, honey.

Karla Norberlandi November 24, 2010 at 6:02 pm

Dear Paula Deen
A real wonderful house for a real wonderful woman.
I love you so much.
karla ( from Brasil)

cbean November 26, 2010 at 9:20 pm

Of all the celeb homes you’ve featured, this is the one that seems to most ‘normal’ and family friendly. Very homey and pleasant.

LORRAINE STEWART April 10, 2011 at 11:00 pm

HI PAULA,

I WANT TO COME AND VISIT YOUR HOME. I LOVE YOUR COOKBOOKS.

TAKE CARE AND GOD BLESS YOU,

LORRAINE STEWART

Mia May 24, 2011 at 3:49 pm

I first saw Paula’s house in the early issues of her cooking magazine, and I loved it from the minute I saw it! You don’t have a picture of it in your post, but her foyer is so welcoming. I tried to figure out the floor plan from the photos in the mag, and I would love love love to have a house like this backing up to a waterway, just like Paula’s. Thank you!

SANDRA ANDERSON June 16, 2011 at 2:37 pm

Hi Paula,
I had been watching some of your cooking shows and I do enjoy seeing you cook in your lovely looking kitchen. Your home is so beautiful there in Savannah Georgia. I have also been buying some of the baked food products that you advertise on television. The cakes and other sweet items are so good and delicious. I love them all.

danny w July 12, 2011 at 4:39 pm

i got to be on one of her episodes so i got a tour of the house its so sweet

{ 4 trackbacks }