It’s Paula Deen’s House in Savannah, Y’all!

Paula Deen's house in Savannah

Paula Deen’s house in Savannah, Georgia, was recently featured on CMT Cribs. I took these snapshots of it while watching the tour because I knew you’d want to see it, too! Because it came from the video, the photo quality isn’t very good, but it gives you an idea of her Southern home style.

Her house has 4,800 square feet (4 BR, 4.5 BA) and is just as charming as can be.

Paula welcomes us into her foyer:

Living room:

Dining area:

Her famous kitchen “where the magic happens:”

Paula’s bedroom:

Paula shows off her dog steps that lead up to the bed so her “babies” can climb up without assistance:

The bathroom, where she gets her hair and makeup done before filming each show:

On the Food Network website, you can get Paula’s 100 most popular recipes, from her Lady & Sons Chicken Pot Pie to Grandmother Paul’s Fried Chicken. Here’s a photo of her in her kitchen that I found there:

You can watch the entire house tour on video at CMT Cribs. (Note: it looks like they may have taken it down since I wrote this post in 2009. The page is coming up blank. Sorry!)

*2012 UPDATE*

Oprah and Gayle King visited Paula in Savannah and got a tour of Deen’s waterfront property Riverbend on Oprah’s Next Chapter. Although it has a similar style, it looks like a different house than the one we saw on CMT. Take a look!

She shows them the game room:

Dishing out a meal for them in the dining room:

Visit to see the slideshow with all the pics by photographer George Burns. My favorite part of the property? The guest house!

*2015 Update*

Paula just put this house on the market for $12.5 m. Read about it here!

Paula Deen's Riverbend Property in Savannah Georgia For Sale

P.S. Visit my Celebrity Houses page to see more, including…

Julia Child's house in CambridgeJulia Child’s “Little House” in Cambridge

Christina Aguilera-Jordan Bratman at home 09
Christina Aguilera's Mediterranean-style home in Beverly Hills is featured in the pages of InStyle magazine this month. I was excited to see how she redecorated…
Ina Garten in her living room
Ina Garten, known to millions of foodies as "The Barefoot Contessa," has an apartment in Manhattan featured in House Beautiful. I love this quote of…

1. Kellye says

Cute house, but this will tell you how much I know about Paula Deen: She tapes her show *in* her house? Wow…

2. Nathan says

I really like every room in this house, with the exception of the dining room. I expected a lot of gaudy over decoration or some reason.

Swoon! I missed this! I wonder if they’ll reshow it! Gorgeous…

I knew I liked her but when I saw the dog steps to her bed I knew I loved her!

Oh I just LOVE her kitchen and front porch! The whole house is so homey and cozy – it’s perfect! What a fun post Julia!
    .-= christy´s last blog ..Daddy’s Boots =-.

This is one celebrity house I would love to live in. Not grand, but obviously very, very nice. I love the check drapes, and that kitchen! There’s nothing I would change…except maybe a few colors. It has elegance and homey living mixed perfectly…love it!!!
    .-= pat´s last blog ..MY CROOKED CHRISTMAS STAR =-.

6. Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions says

I love her house! Love the openness and “come right in” feel to it. That kitchen is fantastic ~ not just for cooking but when you have people over and everyone hangs out in the kitchen.

Oh how I love Paula…And half the reason I watch the show (cause let’s face it, there is little she cooks that I can eat with a wedding coming up and all) is to see her beautiful house. SO cozy and the location on the water? Gorgeous.
    Funny story. So last year my bff Laura and I took a roadtrip from Houston to Montreal and back. We basically ate our way up and down America, so naturally we had to stop by Paula Deens restaurant. Probably the most sinfully delicious food ever. I have dreams about the mac and cheese, and fried okra. But, even after 6 weeks on the road eating the greasiest diner food you could imagine, it was Paula who did me in. I felt like I had eaten a stick of butter like a lollypop. So worth it though.
    .-= Bailey´s last blog ..Giving Thanks for Caroline and Keating’s Beautiful Wedding =-.

8. Alicia says

Yay!! Thank you for doing this – I watch Paula Deen just to get glimpses of her beautiful home.

9. Kelly in Memphis says

My most favorite house ever! Thank you! Since the video didn’t show the upstairs rooms, there’s a Kathy Griffin reality show where Kathy and her assistants stayed in guest bedrooms that are upstairs. (I didn’t find a link -but it aired earlier this year).

On the older Paula Deen shows the kitchen she filmed in had a oak antique-style ice box fridge that I loved. I would watch her show just to see that fridge.

• Dana C. says

Paula’s older shows were filmed in Gordon Elliot’s house in NY. He is the producer of her shows…just a tid bit of information…and I too loved that frig !!

Love it! It really looks and feels like a home. I haven’t seen her often but the few times I have, I’ve loved her! And her food sounds so scrumptious. I’d love to sit there at the end of her counter and let her feed me.. LOL
    .-= Nancy´s last blog ..Wordless Wednesday =-.

I love this house!!!I was looking to see the full size commercial convection oven she had built in. lOVE HER TASTE!
    .-= Suzy´s last blog ..Pecan Sables =-.

WOW! I absolutely love it. It would be a perfect house for my family (if it had 4 bedrooms!).
    Thanks for sharing – I now have it bookmarked!
    Any pics from the upcoming “It’s Complicated” movie? I think I saw an article about it somewhere – House Beautiful maybe? I am definitely going to see it to get some good decorating ideas!!

.-= Danielle @ Transforming Home´s last blog ..Finding my place… =-.

13. hookedonhouses says

I haven’t done a post about It’s Complicated yet, but I probably will after the movie comes out. I know Joni at Cote de Texas already wrote about it:

Looks like it’ll be a fun movie! -Julia

Oh Julia – write one of your own! I would love to read your take on it. can’t wait to go see it – you and Linda will me scoop on that anyway, since we’ll be in the country when it comes out!!!
    .-= joni webb´s last blog ..La Quinta =-.

15. jodi from new jersey says

My dream house of the month! I love that kitchen and all the check curtains. So cozy.Hubby loves the pop up tv and the selection of grills! Paula seems so down to earth, too. That was fun. Thank you so much…………………………………….

• Shauna says

Does anyone know if the furniture at the bottom of the bed hold a flat screen TV in it? I want a piece of furniture like that, maybe she has it in her line?!

I find it nice to look at the interiors especially the kitchen part. :-)
    Thanks so much for sharing this!

17. BJT says

I have seen Paula film in two other kitchens but not the one shown here. Does she have another kitchen ? One of the other kitchen’s also had beautiful decor but looked smaller.

18. Shelley Harris says

Ok, I would just live in this kitchen. It looks like “home”.

19. Marilyn Wendling says

Please let me know when Paula’s Hpuse is going to be on the air again I love that house and her. an I purchase a video. hank you

20. Lisa says

This has to be one of my favorite homes I’ve seen. I didn’t know my taste ran so country! LOOve it, honey.

21. Karla Norberlandi says

Dear Paula Deen
    A real wonderful house for a real wonderful woman.
    I love you so much.
    karla ( from Brasil)

22. cbean says

Of all the celeb homes you’ve featured, this is the one that seems to most ‘normal’ and family friendly. Very homey and pleasant.

24. Mia says

I first saw Paula’s house in the early issues of her cooking magazine, and I loved it from the minute I saw it! You don’t have a picture of it in your post, but her foyer is so welcoming. I tried to figure out the floor plan from the photos in the mag, and I would love love love to have a house like this backing up to a waterway, just like Paula’s. Thank you!

Hi Paula,
    I had been watching some of your cooking shows and I do enjoy seeing you cook in your lovely looking kitchen. Your home is so beautiful there in Savannah Georgia. I have also been buying some of the baked food products that you advertise on television. The cakes and other sweet items are so good and delicious. I love them all.

26. danny w says

i got to be on one of her episodes so i got a tour of the house its so sweet