In This House, Keep Your Eyes Open

brick house exterior

I was clicking my way through the real estate listings today and came across this brick house on the market for $3.29 million. Looks nice, I thought, scrolling through the photos. There was this long living room with mirror-image fireplaces and chandeliers on each side:

brick house living rm

A big kitchen:

brick house-kitchen

And a front room off the entry big enough for a piano and a small seating area:

piano-Freddy

Back up. Is that a person lurking in the room? What’s he doing there?

Freddy Krueger in the room

It looks like Freddy Krueger from Nightmare on Elm Street! Yikes.

Freddy_Krueger

Did I dream that? Nope. You can see him again in this shot of the entry hall (it would totally freak me out if I walked in here and he was waiting for me around the corner):

entry hall

I have no idea what Freddy’s doing in this house, let alone in the real estate listing. This place may be perfectly nice during the day, but I don’t think I’d want to sleep–or dream–there, would you?

Visit my Bad MLS Photos page to see more crazy stuff!

chairs-mls-hyde-park-2mill
Things had been a little awkward in the living room since the chairs stopped speaking to the rest of the furniture. How would you caption…
Betty's bathroom was mocked by the rest of the house for its delusions of grandeur. When I ran across this photo in the real estate…

Comments

It is a gorgeous house ~ too bad they left that there. It’s not even like there are other Halloween decorations around that you could say it’s for Halloween! I read somewhere that some people {very few, thankfully} were going to stage houses with mannequins ~ like a couple or family sitting at the dining or kitchen table. That’s just too weird on many levels.

2. FeFe says

Maybe it’s someone who is affiliated with the Freddy movies who is selling the house? Even so, I don’t think I’d want that around!

3. j says

Our neighbor two doors down has those stupid life-sized butler and maid mannequins. You can plainly see them in their dining room from the street. It’s just too weird. Not surprisingly, Halloween is their favorite holiday, and they have a huge party – with a Hearse included – every year. I could go on and on about these people. Far east side of Cincinnati, probably a $350,000 house, too. Money does not equal class.

That is beyond weird. It really makes you wonder what they were thinking putting that in there. I guess some people have a truly unique sense of humor. Good luck selling that house!
    .-= Shannon´s last blog ..Waiting =-.

A pumpkin , a pot of mums maybe… I think that would be a more subtle fall statement. I would be to afraid to take a peek in the basement.

I watched some stupid ghost show last night about “shadow people” (yes, I really did). Maybe he’s not visible in the room to the naked eye… just showed up on the photo… does that make it better? or worse?
    .-= Tracy´s last blog ..She Has Plans for You =-.

7. greenie says

Crazy…It’s a “Freddy” decoration. What’s really odd is there are no other indications as to the time of year…like a pumpkin…or a fall wreath.

And “j”: Class is subjective. I’m with you on the butler and maid mannequins, but just because someone likes to really “do it up” for Halloween doesn’t necessarily dictate “low” class. I LOVE Halloween and I love people who go all out decorating for it. Don’t you remember what it was like when you were a kid and you came across one of those houses? So much fun! :-)

Yikes! I’ve always been scared of those ridiculous movies. I wouldn’t sleep at night if that were in my home!
    Very strange decor. The rest of the house is lovely.
    .-= Jamie´s last blog ..90 years ago =-.

LOL. Maybe Freddy is filling in for guard dog? Sometimes sellers just don’t “think” before decorating for a holiday. Thanks for the smiles.

What?!? Is that *really* Freddy? I can’t imagine why somebody would do that. The house looks so normal otherwise. I watched one of those movies in high school and couldn’t sleep for a week…yikes!
    .-= Amy´s last blog ..Three Years… =-.

YIKES! How could they just leave that there? That’s just wacky. It would have scared the c— out of me -but at least then I would have been able to really look at the bathroom!
    .-= Eileen Calandro´s last blog ..What a RIDE! =-.

12. Ann says

No. Way. That would totally scare me to death even on a beautiful, sunshiny day. Can you imagine coming down the stairs at night? What is wrong with the realtor????

13. Christine says

oh my gosh!!! Freddy Krueger is scarry! I saw him as soon as i looked at the pic. ahhhhhhh. you know they are coming out with a new freddy krueger movie. i don’t think i can watch it. 1-2 Freddy’s coming after you (song) ahhh.

14. Nathan says

It’s probably a life size Freddy mannequin. I remember being in Universal Studios years ago and one store having those little Chucky dolls for sale (from the Child’s Play movies). But yes, it definitely should have been moved. Can you imagine the scare people are going to get who actually tour the house in person? Ahahaha.

Hello Dear, Very Well Written Post, I Was Searching About this stuff for So long and finally i get it in your blog, Thanks For Sharing it with us,

I am also Running one blog about decoration, kindly check this and let me know, how can improve this.

Thanks

BTW My Blog Is All About Decoration
    .-= All About Decoration´s last blog ..Pot Painting =-.

16. mausfrau says

If you like the house, but don’t want to pay that much… we went to an open house a couple of years ago at one that was VERY similar in suburban Tulsa for a mere $400K. The kitchen was almost exactly the same as this, and the exterior could practically be the same house. It also had a huge pool with its own changing room and a media room upstairs with theater seats. No Freddie, though. At least, not on the day we were there… maybe the Extreme Christian decor (a popular decorating scheme in the Tulsa area–lots of wrought-iron crosses and stenciled Bible verses on the walls) kept him away.

17. karen rowe says

Could someone please tell this aussie what MLS means? thanks

• hookedonhouses says

Karen–
      It stands for Multiple Listing Service. It’s what we call the real estate listings. I forget that not everyone calls them that! Sorry. -Julia

18. Katrina C. says

Oh gosh I’m so scared right now! I’m terrified of Freddy Kruger..I’ve have nightmares for years because of him! LOL! I would never buy that house!