1. Frank Lloyd Wright’s Fawcett House is for sale. FLW’s beautiful Fawcett ranch house, which sits on 80 acres of farmland in the San Joaquin valley of California, is on the market for $2.395 million. It was designed in 1954 and has had only one owner. The photos on the listing site are amazing and include black and white historical pictures of the house. You can see them and get more information on the listing website. (Thanks to Cindy for this link!)
2. Not So Fast. My friend Ann Kroeker is a popular blogger (she’s been blogging so long that she’s the first person I ever knew to have one–she’s the one who told me what a blog was!). She’s also a published author, so I had to tell you about her newest book, Not So Fast: Slow-Down Solutions for Frenzied Families. Congrats, Ann! You can read more about her book on her blog or order a copy from Amazon.
3. Casting Call. Boy Wonder Productions asked if I could spread the word that they’re casting for the next season of DIY’s hit show “10 Grand in Your Hand.” They’re looking for people who live within 50 miles of New York City and are planning renovations on their homes within the late summer/early fall. Check out their website for more information about the show, or let me know if you’d like the contact info.
4. Being Watched. Thank you to WE magazine for naming me as one of their 100 Women Bloggers to Watch. There are a lot of great blogs on the list and I’m honored to be mentioned among them. You can see the full list here.
5. Julie & Julia. I went to see the movie Julie & Julia last night and really enjoyed it. No, it’s not perfect, but there’s so much joie de vivre in the film that you can’t help but leave the theater smiling. (If you missed my post about Julia Child’s house and kitchen, click here.)
6. Psst: Check out this book if you’re planning to build or remodel any time soon! It’s filled with helpful ideas and insider info.