Hooked on Personalized Canvas Art

by hookedonhouses on July 9, 2009

geezees-kids-art
Welcome to Hooked on Fridays, a blog party I host at the end of each week to celebrate the things that make us happy. Today I’ve been looking through the galleries of personalized canvas art on the GeeZees Custom Canvas website. It’s so much fun to see the creative things people have come up with. This is a child’s painting, for example. Other people had actual photos of their children put on canvas with words and quotes that mean something special to the family.

geezees-kids-on-beach

Stephanie Morris, the owner of GeeZees, is one of my blog’s sponsors. She says that she was creating these for friends and family for years and they loved them so much that she finally took the leap into building a business around them.

Besides babies and children, wedding and couple canvases are popular, too.

geezees-couple

Wouldn’t this be a great wedding or anniversary gift? The possibilities are endless. Create exactly what you want with your photo and words.

geezees-wedding2

For more gift ideas, visit the GeeZees website and browse the galleries for yourself!

Now it’s your turn to tell us what you’re hooked on today! If you have something to share with us on your blog, then add your link below. Just please be sure to:

1. Add the permalink to the specific blog post, not your general blog address.
  2. Include what you’re hooked on in parentheses after your blog name. Ex: The Red Cottage (antiques)
  3. Link back to the party from your post so that your readers can come and see what everyone else is talking about today!
  4. Visit as many of the other participants as possible and leave comments! That’s what a blog party is all about!
  5. Double-check to make sure your link works and goes to the right page so it doesn’t get deleted! If you come back and see your link is gone, re-read these rules and try again next week.

Hooked on Fridays Participants

1. Arleen @ Seasons for All at Home
2. Atticmag (Quiz-Which Chair Are You?)
3. Porch Days (My craft room)
4. Lindsay @ Likely Design (A rustic modern Wyoming bedroom!! :)
5. Beach Cottage Love (summer days)
6. Robin~All Things Heart and Home (The Beach House that stole my heart)
7. SuzyHomemaker -Cute Babies
8. Terry – Kitchen Psych
9. Amy @ Finer Things (snack lunch tray)
10. the shabby chic cottage (patchwork stenciled sign)
11. Edwina- HouseAHolic (blackboard paint)
12. Kate @ Stolen Moments (breakfast kabobs)
13. ImagineCozy (Clocks)
14. Linda@ Lime in the Coconut(Bamboo…You?)
15. Our Nifty Notebook (craigslist find)
16. Joan@anythinggoeshere:simple projects
17. Puna – hooked on boat homes
18. m- tales from an oc cottage
19. Olive Rue
20. Jane@Frugal Fine Living
21. Kelly @ Kitchen Sync (A twist on French doors)
22. Maya (Does your Home have a Name?)
23. Kara(Red Box)
24. cristin @ simplified bee (blue designer bedrooms)
25. the BLAH BLAH BLAHger (Lido Isle homes)
26. Beachbrights (Things I can’t live without!)
27. Karla @ It’s The Little Things…(Hooked On Studio Mela)
28. chris @ free range furnishings
29. Bridget (Dora)
30. Cooking Up A Family- Dream (FIRST TIME!!)
31. Daly Essentials(Beachy Photography)
32. Amanda @ Serenity Now {Hooked on Cartoons (?!)}
33. casaCARA (Modernist Barn in Sag Harbor)
34. daily decorator (Living Large With Wallpaper)
35. Kitchen Stewardship (Birthday Cakes)
36. Shannon @ Nonnie Bear )guest/pool houses
37. All Toile and no Reward (pussycat bobbypins)
38. Fifi Flowers (Shoes Shoes Shoes)
39. janmary, n ireland (my hall and vintage maps)
40. The Thrifty Home (Greek Pasta Salad)
41. It Feels Like Chaos
42. Holly@Homebody (Shopping craigslist)
43. Shauna Howington
44. kirwin @ graceful creative (living mindfully)
45. They Call Me Lucy (B&W Photos)
46. Claudia@DipityRoad (best way …)
47. Tamara
48. Wayfaring Wanderer {Hk’d on Wildlife}
49. sue-in-sydney {travel wall display}
50. janice | Sharing the Journey (Writing the wind!)
51. janice | Sharing the Journey (oops, got URL wrong above)
52. Victoria @ DesignTies
53. The Stylish House (Crisp Blue & White)
54. MissCaron (San Diego Zoo)
55. Newlyweds (The Cast is off)
56. TidyMom
57. Ashley @ AshleysBusy (Refinishing Dining Table)
58. Your home, only better (hooked on New England Charm)
59. Ashley @ A Hasty Life (family vacations)
60. Kristin Hooked of Before and After Furniture
61. Jane (lavender wands)
62. Renae
63. Steady Mom (Our First Harvest)
64. The Inspired Room (the beautiful moments!)
65. Stephanie(hooked on Bus Destination Rolls)
66. The Summer Kitchen Girls
67. TheEckLife-Table makeover
68. Artsy Momma (webcam)
69. Clara & Marcela: ses blue shades
70. Marilyn(the sea)
71. Amy (Mod Podge fabric trinket box)
72. pk @ room remix (red?)
73. Jane (Blondie) Bookshelves
74. Diann (Jackson Browne)
75. Cozy Little House@Hooked On Glass
76. Liz @ It’s Great To Be Home (happy interiors – interior design)
77. Kristi-Kiki’s Corner (Hooked on Family Memories at the Beach)
78. Morning T (Italy)
79. Katie @ Making This Home
80. Carolina Mama (Thomas Nelson Publishers)
81. Lylah – Creating Beautiful Moments – A Child’s Canvas Art
82. Supernatural Botanicals – Bedroom Sanctuaries
83. FROM THE RIGHT BANK (gray walls)
84. Kristen @ From My Tiny Kitchen (cake decorating)
85. Britt @ A Penny Saved (DIY silhouette art)
86. Jane @ Beach House
87. Dagny @ Beautiful Living (hooked on milk glass)
88. Sherrie(Scrapbooks)
89. RehabOrDie.com — Hooked on Dry Scallops! Mmmmm!
90. Cass @ That Old House (Craigslist Bargain Hunt)
91. Viva Cindy (Little Italy in San Diego)
92. Tara @ Feels like home (zucchini eggs)
93. Sofia@Expressive Creations
94. Kelli(hooked on kids with cameras)
95. Pittypat Paperie(flowers)
96. TheOldPostRoad (Walmart frames)
97. Flower Patch Farmgirl (Kitchen remodel)
98. Ramona @A Day In The Life Of Ramona {Summertime Bouquets}
99. Candi @ Candace Rose (Dahlia Friday)
100. Alpaca Farmgirl (Fiber Art)
101. Diann @ The Thrifty Groove (saving money while traveling)
102. Sarah (IJ Tunic Pattern)
103. Sarah @ A Beach Cottage
104. HILLCREST ACRES (Summer Planters)
105. Diana@TheDevineHome (the lettered home!)
106. Karli @ RockyBella
107. Simply Sweet Home (smore sundaes)

Powered by… Mister Linky’s Magical Widgets.

Arleen @ Seasons for All at Home July 9, 2009 at 8:49 pm

Hi Julia. Wow, I’ve never seen personalized canvases before now. Those you’ve featured today are so cool! Thanks for letting us know about this great idea. ~Arleen
.-= Arleen @ Seasons for All at Home´s last blog ..Decorating in Shabby Chic =-.

Jane T @Atticmag July 9, 2009 at 8:54 pm

What a fun idea, am really loving the second pic. Wish these things were around when I was a kid so I could have something like this to treasure now. Jane T.
.-= Jane T @Atticmag´s last blog ..Quiz: Which Chair Are You? =-.

Porch Days July 9, 2009 at 9:00 pm

What a great idea! A personalized gift is always best and these are unique
.-= Porch Days´s last blog ..My Craft Room =-.

Lindsay @ Likely Design July 9, 2009 at 9:03 pm

What a great idea…so sweet! I love those wedding book frames (signing the mat board of a large photo instead of a book for weddings) — reminds me of that, so fun!
.-= Lindsay @ Likely Design´s last blog ..{E-Decorating} Tonya & Cody’s Wyoming Bedroom =-.

Terry Kearns July 9, 2009 at 9:11 pm

The cleverness just keeps on coming. Only artists could know about something like this before the web.
.-= Terry Kearns´s last blog ..Cote’s Kitchen Problem =-.

Amy @ Finer Things July 9, 2009 at 9:12 pm

Those canvases are so cool! Have never seen anything like them!
.-= Amy @ Finer Things´s last blog ..Mommy, Come Home: Learning to Live on One Income =-.

Tracy July 9, 2009 at 9:31 pm

What a lovely gift idea. Some people are just so clever!
.-= Tracy´s last blog ..The Bluest Blue =-.

Jenny July 9, 2009 at 9:40 pm

Those are really neat and would make a great gift!
.-= Jenny´s last blog ..Picnic Table Talk: Vacations =-.

Joan@anythinggoeshere July 9, 2009 at 9:42 pm

How very beautiful they are.
.-= Joan@anythinggoeshere´s last blog ..Hem measurers = photo holders. =-.

Puna July 9, 2009 at 9:44 pm

What a great sponsor you have! I would just love to purchase one…
.-= Puna´s last blog ..I’m Hooked on Boat Houses =-.

Olive Rue July 9, 2009 at 9:55 pm

Hey Julia. Happy Friday. Those canvas art pieces are so popluar among my brides right now. Well, just in the photography industry period. I think we are going to be seeing more and more of them for sure. Have a great weekend!
.-= Olive Rue´s last blog ..Hooked on Seagrass =-.

Kelly July 9, 2009 at 10:03 pm

What a charming idea! I immediately thought of my late father and all the wacky sayings he used to utter — any of my aunts would be tickled pink with an idea of having something like this to remember him by. *thumbs up*
.-= Kelly´s last blog ..A twist on interior French doors =-.

Karla July 9, 2009 at 10:47 pm

Those canvases are awesome!! Thanks for sharing!

And thanks for hosting the party! I’m all linked up!

~Karla @ It’s The Little Things…
.-= Karla´s last blog ..Hooked On Studio Mela… =-.

Bridget July 9, 2009 at 10:48 pm

I LOVE the personalized art and pictures. Now to get a house to put something like that in! lol

Oh, on my link I got submit happy and mine should read that it is about Dora not planning this week. Oopsie.

Bridget July 9, 2009 at 10:50 pm

Ok, so I tried to fix what it is about but I am double listed. Julia, feel free to correct my premature submission link. :) Thanks for putting up with me y’all. Maybe I just need to call it a night and ttry again in the morning. lol

Amanda @ Serenity Now July 9, 2009 at 11:03 pm

Love those canvases! What a neat wedding gift idea. Okay, I’ll be honest. I’d love to just give one as a gift to myself!!! :)
.-= Amanda @ Serenity Now´s last blog ..Hooked On: Cartoons (?!) =-.

daily decorator July 9, 2009 at 11:14 pm

My 10 year old would love to have his art professionally printed on canvas! Love it.~Tracy
.-= daily decorator´s last blog ..Living Large With Wallpaper =-.

melissa @ the inspired room July 9, 2009 at 11:49 pm

Got mixed up and put the wrong post out on my blog but my Beautiful Life/Hooked On post will go up at midnight. Eeek.

Happy Friday!
.-= melissa @ the inspired room´s last blog ..Something Brand New on The Inspired Room! =-.

Jen July 10, 2009 at 12:37 am

I loved the personalized canvases! I would love to do one in my home.

Janmary, N Ireland July 10, 2009 at 12:38 am

Wonderful idea – thanks so much for the link. The PERFECT personlised present!
.-= Janmary, N Ireland´s last blog ..Welcome to My Hall! =-.

Shauna Howington July 10, 2009 at 12:46 am

My son has so many drawings. This would be a great idea for him!
.-= Shauna Howington´s last blog ..Hooked on B&W Photos =-.

Claudia@DipityRoad July 10, 2009 at 1:08 am

What a grand idea! Years later it would be such a treasure…

Thanks so much for hosting!

TTFN~~Claudia ♥
.-= Claudia@DipityRoad´s last blog ..Best way to get in touch with your feminine side =-.

Angela @ Imaginecozy July 10, 2009 at 1:22 am

There really are endless great ideas out there. I love it, I think it would be such fun to have one for each of my kids at the same age.
.-= Angela @ Imaginecozy´s last blog ..A Clock Makes a Great Accessory =-.

janice | Sharing the Journey July 10, 2009 at 4:11 am

I love canvases made of kids’ art and enjoy adding poetry to photography Any readers who like the word art may also like to play around at Wordle .com and create webpage art.
.-= janice | Sharing the Journey´s last blog ..How to Breathe Life Into Your Writing =-.

MissCaron July 10, 2009 at 6:14 am

Wow. Those are great! Thanks so much for sharing. What a wonderful idea. :-) Have a great weekend!
.-= MissCaron´s last blog ..You want what exactly? =-.

TidyMom July 10, 2009 at 6:16 am

I love this idea!!

Julia, I messed up entering my link, if you could, remove my first one (#55) – sorry!

~TidyMom
.-= TidyMom´s last blog ..Last day of "12" =-.

Ashley July 10, 2009 at 6:27 am

Wow, those are beautiful! I’ve seen where you can get a photograph printed on a canvas, but never with cool personalized wors and all, so neat!
.-= Ashley´s last blog ..Refinishing a Wood Table =-.

Susan July 10, 2009 at 6:37 am

Oooh, that gives me an idea for my next anniversary! :)
.-= Susan´s last blog ..Twentieth Century New England Charm =-.

Renae July 10, 2009 at 7:41 am

Julia!
What fun…really like the idea. Have a great weekend!
Blessings…
.-= Renae´s last blog ..Friday Garden =-.

Stephanie@Geezees July 10, 2009 at 7:52 am

I am so thrilled to read everyones responses to my canvas’s…I am blushing
I am off to visit all your blogs while I enjoy a cup of coffee
Steph
.-= Stephanie@Geezees´s last blog ..Destination / Bus Roll Canvas Art – you asked for it, you got it! =-.

The Summer Kitchen Girls July 10, 2009 at 8:33 am

Hey Julia! What a great idea she’s come up with – love all the personal touches the words make on the photos – amazing idea! Have a great weekend!
Karla & Karrie
.-= The Summer Kitchen Girls´s last blog ..Hooked on Herbed Sorbets =-.

mare July 10, 2009 at 8:55 am

Wow! I was surprised to find that canvas listed under children’s art – I love it!

Clara & Marcela July 10, 2009 at 9:03 am

Hi Julia! We are hosting a Bridal Shower next month, this could be a great gift idea! Thanks!!
.-= Clara & Marcela´s last blog ..What’s in a name? =-.

Marilyn July 10, 2009 at 9:08 am

Such a neat idea for Fridays!! I did goof though somehow and the my link as number 70 did not link correctly…but, #71 takes you right to my post! Thanks for the party!
Blessings,
Marilyn
.-= Marilyn´s last blog ..Handmade Quilt Giveaway! =-.

Marilyn July 10, 2009 at 9:25 am

I just added my post with a link to your party…I actually goofed twice on this adventure…so sorry…first the #7o goof…and, then the wrong post….Oh, my…I’m ready for the weekend!
:)Marilyn
.-= Marilyn´s last blog ..Hooked On the Sea! =-.

jane July 10, 2009 at 9:54 am

Well, I learned of something new today!! How cool is this? I love the family painting, it would make a great keepsake. I also love the wedding portrait. This type of art was probably not even thought of back in the day when I got married! LOL!!

I did my first Hooked On Fridays today. It’s a great idea and leaves everyone wide open to share. Loved doing it!

xoxo
Jane
.-= jane´s last blog ..HOOKED ON FRIDAYS: BOOKSHELVES EVERYWHERE!! =-.

Morning T July 10, 2009 at 10:11 am

Happy Friday Julia- the canvases are great, I’ll have to look into it further!
.-= Morning T´s last blog ..Music to my ears =-.

Katie @ makingthishome.com July 10, 2009 at 10:16 am

I love the story behind your sponsor’s decision to start a business. I shared your Mary Tyler Moore posts with my mom, too – LOVE! You’ve been having so many fun home tours lately, Julia. Thank you.
Katie
.-= Katie @ makingthishome.com´s last blog ..Green Wedding Tips – Christine’s Big Family Day =-.

lylah ledner July 10, 2009 at 10:48 am

Wednesday morning I set up the painting “station” for my 4year old granddaughter. I’d told her on MOnday that “Nana” wanted her to use her artistic gifts to paint me a new picture for the bathroom wall. Well….interesting how you’ve posted this same thing….creative minds must be thinking alike around bloggy world!

Have a great day!
.-= lylah ledner´s last blog ..Notebook on Making Home a Place of Peace =-.

The Stylish House July 10, 2009 at 10:56 am

Julia,
What a great way to personalize your walls! This is really a fun look.
Cathy
.-= The Stylish House´s last blog ..Crisp Blue & White! =-.

Jane @ Beach House July 10, 2009 at 11:16 am

A great memento!
.-= Jane @ Beach House´s last blog ..Razed =-.

Viva Cindy July 10, 2009 at 12:15 pm

love the canvas Julia!
i did my first Fridays link with you. I found you through the inspired room. Love your blog and I took your hooked on houses poll. yes i am!
.-= Viva Cindy´s last blog ..Little Italy in San Diego =-.

Dagny @ Beautiful Living July 10, 2009 at 12:56 pm

Love it! :)
.-= Dagny @ Beautiful Living´s last blog ..Current Obsession: Milk Glass / Dilla på Milk Glass =-.

kristi July 10, 2009 at 3:02 pm

This was so much fun to be a part of! Thanks for hosting this…it was a blast!
.-= kristi´s last blog ..Treasured Memories as Big & Deep as the Ocean =-.

Jane @ Beach House July 10, 2009 at 3:03 pm

Sorry Julia, Mr Linky kicked my butt again. Must read this: Double-check to make sure your link works and goes to the right page so it doesn’t get deleted and check it before pressing send next time.
.-= Jane @ Beach House´s last blog ..Desert Steel =-.

Sarah July 10, 2009 at 11:08 pm

I’ve never seen these before and LOVE them! Thank you so much for the link – I’m off to investigate. :)
.-= Sarah´s last blog ..Sewing Box Friday =-.

Diana@TheDevineHome July 11, 2009 at 9:12 am

Love these!!
.-= Diana@TheDevineHome´s last blog ..The 100: A Lettered Home =-.

{ 10 trackbacks }