It’s my birthday, so I’m taking a personal day. I’m leaving my computer and the stacks (and stacks) of work I have to do on it behind. Dave is taking me out to lunch at one of my favorite restaurants and to see a movie. Then maybe I’ll get my bike out, tie on a cape, and perform a few tricks for old time’s sake (“Look, Ma, one hand!”).
I’ve been tagged for a million of those “100 Things About Me” types of memes and never participated because this blog is about houses, not about me. But since it’s my birthday, just for fun, I’ll at least try to list ten.
10 Things You May Not Know About Me
1. I’m related to the actor Jack Lemmon–my great-grandma was a Lemmon–but I never met him.
2. I always wanted to be a magazine editor when I grew up. I drew elaborate plans and layouts for the magazines I was going to create someday. I guess having a blog isn’t too far off!
3. I’ve written several novels, but they never leave my computer. (And never will, so don’t even ask.)
4. I have published some of my short stories, though.
5. I used to teach writing workshops and I loved it.
6. I got married when I was in college and was way too young to know what I was doing. It worked out anyway.
7. I was told I would probably never have children, but I have two of them. (Sometimes doctors are wrong.)
8. I’m an INFJ on the MBTI. (I love all that personality-typing stuff.)
9. I used to have a “mommy blog” called “Mom-a-Rama,” but I couldn’t keep up with it. Apparently I had less to say about motherhood than I do about houses!
10. My family calls me “Julie Rae.” I only started going by “Julia” after college, figuring it would make me sound more professional. I’m still “Julie” to anyone who knew me before that.
Now tell me something about you that I might not know! I love learning more about my blog friends.
P.S. I just checked to see what I wrote last year on my birthday and realized I wrote about myself then, too. If you aren’t totally bored with me yet, you can find a few more “fascinating facts” about my life and see a picture of me as a young ballerina here.