“A Not So Big House feels more spacious than many of its oversized neighbors because it is space with substance, all of it in use every day.” -Sarah Susanka
Welcome to Hooked on Fridays, a blog party I host at the end of each week to celebrate the things we love. Today I’m hooked on Not So Big Houses, the name given to “right-sized homes” by the bestselling author and architect Sarah Susanka. If McMansions are about quantity (higher ceilings, more square footage), then the Not So Big House is about quality (better materials, thoughtful use of space).
Sometimes small changes can have a big impact. But many homeowners looking for more living space still insist on building expensive additions or completely rebuilding their home. In the latest groundbreaking step in the Not So Big revolution, Sarah Susanka and Marc Vassallo demonstrate how carefully chosen tweaks and simple additions can make a home seem much larger and more inviting.~They avoid high-end architectural solutions, focusing instead on how Not So Big ideas can dramatically improve even the most modest home. The authors show readers how to think like an architect, so they can accurately assess their homes shortcomings, apply Not So Big principles to their remodeling plan, and phase in their project incrementally over time.
Every time you post a comment at HomeDigz between now and Tax Day (April 15), you’ll be entered to win!
Easy, right? Click here to check it out. Good luck!
Now it’s your turn to tell us what you’re hooked on. If you have something to share with us on your blog, then add your link below. Just please be sure to:
- Add the permalink to the specific blog post, not your general blog address.
- You can put what you’re hooked on in parentheses after your blog name. You’ll probably get more visitors that way! Ex: Hookedonhouses (Not So Big Houses)
- Link back to the party from your post so that your readers can come and see what everyone else is talking about today!
- Visit as many of the other participants as possible and leave comments! That’s what a blog party is all about!
- Double-check to make sure your link works and goes to the right page so it doesn’t get deleted! If you come back and see your link is gone, re-read these rules and try again.
Hooked on Fridays Participants