Hooked on Cool Wall Decals

by hookedonhouses on March 12, 2009

Welcome to this week’s Hooked on Fridays blog carnival! Today I’m hooked on these Dali Wall Decals. I first discovered them over at Nonnie Bear and thought they were just so cool. What an easy and inexpensive way to change the look of a room! And when you get tired of them, you can peel them off and try something new. As I looked through their website, my mind started reeling with the possibilities.

Each decal comes in all sorts of colors to choose from. To see the options for this bird-on-a-branch, for example, click here.

I was watching Make Me a Supermodel (I’m such a sucker for reality TV) and noticed they had a chandelier decal like this in their house. Hmmm. I wonder if I would look taller and thinner, more “supermodel-like” if I used one of these in my house? Might be worth a shot.

My 6-year old loves animals and got excited when she saw this chimp. “I want this in my room!” she said. Um, I’ll have to think about that. Whether birds or chimps are more your style, I bet you’ll find something you’d like at the Dali Decal website. I’m excited to have them as one of my new sponsors. Check them out!

Now it’s your turn to tell us what you’re hooked on today! If you have something to share with us on your blog, then add your link below. Just please be sure to:

1. Add the permalink to the specific blog post, not your general blog address.
  2. Link back to the party from your post so that your readers can come and see what everyone else is talking about today!
  3. Visit as many of the other participants as possible and leave comments! That’s what a blog party is all about!
  4. Double-check to make sure your link works and goes to the right page so it doesn’t get deleted! If you come back and see your link is gone, re-read these rules and try again next week.

(Also check out Finer Things Friday, Melissa’s Beautiful Life, Ann’s Food on Fridays, and Fifi’s Fashionable Friday happening today!)

Hooked on Fridays Participants

1. Arleen @ Seasons for All at Home
2. maya (hooked on REALLY old houses!)
3. Mary Beth (For the Love of Sewing)
4. songbirdtiff- good bargains!
5. Kim @ Forever Wherever (Gardens)t
6. Emily (Kitchen Makeover)
7. Kate @ A Simple Walk (great eco-living resource)
8. Terry – 49 Mosaics in Mr. Turner\’s Neighborhood
9. LexyB
10. Jill (vintage-y bandanas for decor)
11. Lacy @ Tatumfam
12. Kristen @ From My Tiny Kitchen (Online inspiration boards)
13. Christine {Opryland}
14. DesignTies (Hooked on delicious doors)
15. TTI: a beautiful corner of the world
16. Mommin\’ It Up (TV Show – Big Bang Theory)
17. Gennaro | President\’s Homes
18. Cooking During Stolen Moments (sausage and cheese turnovers
19. susan (Your home, only better.)
20. Kellie (craig\’s list furniture finds)
21. Jen@Balancing Beauty and Bedlam($5 hutch redo)
22. Katie – Small Space Solution in Europe
23. Linda at Lime in the Coconut…MARGARITAS!!!
24. Suzy Homemaker (Green Milk Glass)
25. Wayfaring Wanderer ( Hooked on Spring)
26. Our Nifty Notebook (Online Learning)
27. Holly@Homebody(More Pink/Green House from Julia\’s post Wed.)
28. Fifi Flowers Job Hunting
29. Christy – Redheads!
30. Tamara
31. Dagny @ Beautiful Living (hooked on my new striped credenza/bureau! (DIY))
32. Kerri @ Few Joys Can Equal That (Documentaries)
33. The Tiny Homestead
34. Liz@Violet Posy
35. Tina @ Luphia loves… {Colour Clashing Interiors}
36. Pam@GardenDesigns more
37. Angela @ Peonypatch – Buttercups
38. Jane @ Beach House
39. Michelle @ Creatively Dreaming
40. velvet and linen (hooked on gorgeous white kitchens)
41. LaurelStreet – No Fuss Antique Roses
42. Deb/Dumbwittellher
43. Katie @ Clean & Classic Interiors (Tags!)
44. Amy @ LivingLocurto (school routine)
45. the BLAH BLAH BLAHger (Washington, DC)
46. Living With Lindsay (A Spring Glow)
47. Amy @ Finer Things (toothless grins)
48. PamperingBeki {coffee and chocolate!}
49. Kristin @ Pumpkin Cottage
50. Carolina Mama (John Piper)
51. Isa @ The World According to Isa
52. Supernatural Botanicals, Discussions On All Things Girly
53. Frippery (Irish)
54. TidyMom (Cullen)
55. Roxanne(hooked on vintage flower art)
56. Laura @ Decor to Adore
57. Puna – design help please?
58. Bungalow Bliss
59. Janet
60. Newlyweds (Bathroom Remodel)
61. RehabOrDie.com — Hooked on “Etched” Transoms
62. Kimm at Reinvented (white dishes)
63. Elodie (festivals!)
64. Carolina Mama (OMG hilarious)
65. Why S? @ The House on Red Hill (cow creamers) do over. Sorry.
66. Trudi @ Cafe\’ Cl*ss
67. Diana@TheDevineHome.com (hooked on the Cottages of Cabot Cove!)
68. Jayne
69. angela | the painted house | vintage dresses
70. Melissa
71. Eileen @ Star\’s Fault
72. Valerieon Mrs.Ibones
73. Nancy @ One Stop Boy Shop

Powered by… Mister Linky’s Magical Widgets.

Emily@remodelingthislife March 12, 2009 at 8:53 pm

Thanks for hosting, Julia! Can’t wait to check everyone’s links out. Those wall decals are so cool. I particularly love the bird on the branch one.

Emily@remodelingthislife’s last blog post..Getting Back to Basics

Kim @ Forever Wherever March 12, 2009 at 8:55 pm

I do love wall decals! I saw a green gecko on Etsy! Love it! Thanks for hosting this fun blog carnival!
~Kim

Kim @ Forever Wherever’s last blog post..Growing Vegetables – Starting Seeds Can be Fun!

Terry Kearns March 12, 2009 at 9:05 pm

I’ve seen some clever use of the decals – designers doing amazing things with them.

Terry Kearns’s last blog post..49 Mosaics in Mr. Turner’s Neighborhood on Luckie Street

LexyB March 12, 2009 at 9:05 pm

I’m having a moment where I think wall decals will be the new millenium equivalent of the 1990s feature wall … not convinced about them.

LexyB’s last blog post..I’m off camping, darling

jill March 12, 2009 at 9:05 pm

Ohhh, I love the chandelier! I have seen others, but that is so striking! I was thinking about doing that for my little one’s “big girl room” once we ditch the crib. Thanks for sharing!

jill’s last blog post..Hooked On: Vintage-y Bandanas!

Lacy March 12, 2009 at 9:10 pm

So fun! I am actually on the hunt to purchase two wall decals for our home. I love the selection on ETSY.

Christine March 12, 2009 at 9:11 pm

I love wall decals! I just can’t decide which one would work best for my home. The bird on the branch is awesome!

Christine’s last blog post..Hooked on Fridays

Things That Inspire March 12, 2009 at 9:13 pm

This is a great idea for kids’ rooms, or rooms that you want to change every so often! A new blog I recently found, Little Green Notebook, had some other great wall decals.

Sorry about the double link, you can delete the first one if you want – my computer populated the link with my post from last week.

Things That Inspire’s last blog post..A beautiful corner of the world

Gennaro March 12, 2009 at 9:19 pm

The chimp looks strangely elegant on the wall.

Gennaro’s last blog post..6 Historic Estates Of U.S. Presidents

Arleen March 12, 2009 at 9:22 pm

Hi Julia. What great wall decals! I love the contrast of dark and light, and I love the silhouettes! As always, thank you for hosting Hooked on Fridays! ~Arleen

Arleen’s last blog post..Inspiration ~ Ottomans in the Round

DesignTies March 12, 2009 at 9:24 pm

Great decals :-) I really like the chandelier — if you get it and it makes you look taller and thinner, please let me know!! ;-)

The chimp looks pretty cool too :-)

Kelly @ DesignTies

DesignTies’s last blog post..Hooked on… delicious doors!

Susan Smith March 12, 2009 at 9:31 pm

Ooooh, such timing…I’m updating Miss Fussypants bedroom (a.k.a., my 2nd grader) and have been looking at similar ideas. I will check that out for sure! :)

Susan Smith’s last blog post..The Bold Redesigner

Katie @ makingthishome.com March 12, 2009 at 10:19 pm

I’ve been a huge fan of the decals, too. Just looking, not using so far.
Looking forward to this Hooked On!
Katie

Katie @ makingthishome.com’s last blog post..Out of Service Today

Suzy March 12, 2009 at 10:31 pm

I love the decals and the decor ideas. No more stenciling or painting on words , and you hope they look straight. Thanks for Sharing….That new large Cricut machine does this on a smaller scale.

Suzy’s last blog post..Hooked on Green Milk Glass…..

Wayfaring Wand derer March 12, 2009 at 10:35 pm

I love those things! I want one of a tree :)

Wayfaring Wand derer’s last blog post..Up and Away

Linda@Lime in the Coconut March 12, 2009 at 10:57 pm

Ok…love the idea of decals and all. But that monkey is just not working for me after that one that tore the woman’s face off. Still not quite over that.

Thanks for another fun Friday!

Linda@Lime in the Coconut’s last blog post..It’s Friday…and more often than not it means…

Amber Filkins @ {ae filkins} March 12, 2009 at 11:20 pm

Ahhhh, so many wonderful wall decals, so little time {and money…and wall space} :)

Amber Filkins @ {ae filkins}’s last blog post..To be a star…

Cathy March 12, 2009 at 11:42 pm

Thanks for the comment about my little issue with the delete button. I know there are far worse things in the world but I can’t believe I did that.. thanks again, Cathy

Cathy’s last blog post..Need to watch

Holly March 12, 2009 at 11:48 pm

I really like the B over the bed!

Holly’s last blog post..Springtime Palette

Tamara March 13, 2009 at 1:31 am

I can’t help myself but be hooked on Indian beadwork after our recent trip to India! Just gorgeous stuff :)

Tamara’s last blog post..Hooked On Indian Bead Work

Paul U March 13, 2009 at 2:10 am

How much does it cost?

Paul U’s last blog post..Guess the pr update contest

Kerri March 13, 2009 at 2:32 am

I was all set to buy a vinyl monogram from another site but now I’ll have to check out your sponsor first! Definitely hooked on this idea right now. I’m going to have to see if that birdy on the limb can switch direction.
But for my linky, I chose another topic. Happy Friday!

Kerri’s last blog post..Documentaries

Dagny @ Beautiful Living March 13, 2009 at 2:40 am

The chandelier was interesting! Haven’t seen that type of decal before :) Have a great weekend!

Dagny @ Beautiful Living’s last blog post..Før og etter – stripete sjenk! / Before and after – Striped Credenza!

Susan March 13, 2009 at 3:13 am

I think the key word you mentioned for the decals is change. Change is good and allows for fresh, new, and creative ways to enjoy one’s home.

Susan’s last blog post..Is a Kitchen Design Trend Always A Trend?

Liz@VioletPosy March 13, 2009 at 5:31 am

I love those wall decals, they look amazing!

Luphia March 13, 2009 at 5:49 am

the branch with the little bird is so sweet & pretty! :)

Luphia’s last blog post..Hooked on: Colour Clashing Interiors

Pam Kersting March 13, 2009 at 5:56 am

WOW! This is the go-to place every Friday! I posted at 6:30 am and it’s already full! Keep up the great work. I’ll be busy reading these great posts all day!

Pam Kersting’s last blog post..Make an Entrance

Kathi March 13, 2009 at 6:23 am

I’m loving wall decals right now too. I read somewhere that you can make them from black contact paper? Not sure where to find that or if they will come off the wall easily? Has anyone tried that??

Jane @ Beach House March 13, 2009 at 6:38 am

I’m hooked on chandeliers at the moment so I love the black chandelier decal. I’d hang it in my powder room, just for fun.

Michelle @ Creatively Dreaming March 13, 2009 at 6:52 am

I LOVE wall decals…I’m going to go check them out!

Michelle @ Creatively Dreaming’s last blog post..Hooked On Photos

velvet and linen March 13, 2009 at 6:58 am

Hi Julia.
Happy Friday!
Love those decals. I am especially drawn to the bird on the branch.
Have a great weekend.

xo
Brooke

velvet and linen’s last blog post..hooked on gorgeous white kitchens

Dave - Dali Decals March 13, 2009 at 8:00 am

Wow! Thanks for all the great comments everyone! Excellent write-up Julia!

There are lots of other designs available on our website, so be sure to check them out…http://www.dalidecals.com

All of our decals are available in over 40 different colors, and can be customized to almost any size.

If anyone has any questions, or needs any assistance, please don’t hesitate to contact us at 877-769-DALI. We’d be happy to help you!

Dave

Amy @ Living Locurto March 13, 2009 at 8:12 am

Those are great. I would much rather use a decal than paint the design…. which I usually do. The chandelier one would be perfect for a girl’s room.

Amy @ Living Locurto’s last blog post..After School Routine

bungalow_bliss March 13, 2009 at 8:24 am

Unfortunately, I’ve seen some kitschy wall decals that turned me off to the whole idea–but these designs are contemporary, chic, and tasteful. I adore the bird on the tree branch. I’m off to explore Dali’s site!

bungalow_bliss’s last blog post..Onward and Upward

Amy @ Finer Things March 13, 2009 at 8:32 am

I hosted an Uppercase Living party last spring and got so many cute wall decals. I still haven’t put them up! Pitiful! I think this post is the motivation I needed… ;-) Thanks for hosting. Amy

Amy @ Finer Things’s last blog post..Finer Things Friday: Tooth Fairies and Pixie Dust

Kristin March 13, 2009 at 8:37 am

I love that monogram above the bed. I’m so happy to be back joining in your blog party after a few weeks away :)

Kristin’s last blog post..A Normal Day

PamperingBeki March 13, 2009 at 8:37 am

I’m obsessed with these!

I’m waiting on 2 of them to arrive in the mail right now. :)

I always try to buy them on etsy to support artists and have been thrilled with every one I’ve purchased.

PamperingBeki’s last blog post..Fingerprint Friday

Angela March 13, 2009 at 8:49 am

This post really got me thinking! My husband doesn’t want me to put the big print I have waiting over our bed because we do not have a headboard yet. He’s afraid it will fall in the night and kill us…anyhoo, I think a decal would be the perfect substitute until we get a headboard!! Thanks!
~angela

Angela’s last blog post..Buttercups

Jennifer March 13, 2009 at 8:56 am

I am super excited, I saw that first picture of the monogram over a bed somewhere on the web (here?) and saved it as an inspiration picture. I was having trouble finding something similar and here it is!

Pam March 13, 2009 at 9:19 am

Haven’t tried these but they are really beautiful in the right setting. Today I am hooked on being an Irish wannabe. Pam

Pam’s last blog post..Are You Irish, at Least on St. Paddy’s Day?

Laura Ingalls Gunn March 13, 2009 at 9:49 am

I love the decals and wish I had smooth walls!

Laura Ingalls Gunn’s last blog post..All Things Irish~ Castles

TidyMom March 13, 2009 at 9:52 am

I am SO loving all the wall decals too – we may do one of the chandelier ones in dd’s room this summer. and I want a monogram over our bed!!

~TidyMom

TidyMom’s last blog post..Hooked on Cullen

bungalow_bliss March 13, 2009 at 10:09 am

It took me long enough, but I’m finally joining your party, Julia! Thanks for hosting!

bungalow_bliss’s last blog post..This Could Be Dangerous–

Isa March 13, 2009 at 10:23 am

Hi Julia! I’ve seen those decals, and love them! Especially the bird in the branches. Beautiful, and fun that you can change them out when you feel like it. What a brilliant idea. I wish I had thought of it. Pffft!
Happy weekend!
xo Isa

Isa’s last blog post..I’m hooked on Trees bejeweled in Chandeliers…

Deb Milne March 13, 2009 at 10:27 am

You read my mind, I love them. I posted a few months ago about the site “Elephannie” on Etsy. – http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5208238

I would love to purchase two of the antique frames in black to attach on a wall of mirror above my daughter’s bathroom sinks. A frame above each sink. A way to take a blah mirror & transform it on under $100.

Thanks for the great post today & for the blog party. Always fun!

Jenny March 13, 2009 at 11:01 am

I like wall decals also, but haven’t bought any yet. That chimp one kind of scares me!

Jenny’s last blog post..Hooked On Fridays: Online Learning Sites

Janet Doherty March 13, 2009 at 11:05 am

I’ hooked on St. Paddy’s Day this weekend!!!!!
Keep it green !

Janet Doherty’s last blog post..It’s Friday, It’s the Weekend, It’s St. Paddy’s Day Weekend!!!!

Fifi Flowers March 13, 2009 at 11:18 am

Those wall decals are SOOOOOO fashionable… LOVE the chandelier the best!
ENJOY your day!
Fifi
PS… Please shoot me an email about advertising on your blog.

Fifi Flowers’s last blog post..Fashionable Jobs…

RehabOrDie March 13, 2009 at 12:19 pm

Mrs. “OrDie” uses decals on glass to good effect. Mostly to create negative effects with spray “frosting”. I’m not sure how we’d use it on our walls, but then again, it’s hard to think about the walls before trim is up.

Thanks for the party, Julia!

RehabOrDie’s last blog post..OK. Fine! Closet doors are finished!

Christy March 13, 2009 at 12:20 pm

What an amazing collection of wall decals…while they don’t fit into my decorating style I think they are fun!

Christy’s last blog post..Did I already Say I *Heart* Redheads?!

Kimm at Reinvented March 13, 2009 at 12:44 pm

Oh how I LOVE that “B”!!! If I ever find a headboard for my room, that is SO going above it! Thanks for the links.

Kimm at Reinvented’s last blog post..Whiten Up!

Why S? March 13, 2009 at 5:37 pm

This is fun. I appreciate seeing everyone else’s addictions. I wish I had the type of home for decals. But I don’t. In my apartment days, I would definitely have considered it.

Angela, your husband is right. We’ve always had a rule about never putting anything over the bed that might kill us. I don’t know where you live, but in L.A. it’s a real issue.

Roxanne March 13, 2009 at 5:48 pm

Hey Julia. What a fun party. I have been search of the perfect chandelier wall decal but haven’t found it yet.
Blessings
Roxanne

SoBella Creations March 13, 2009 at 6:00 pm

I love the wall decals! I have seen several of these shops on Etsy. There are some great finds for every room.

Absolutely Not Martha March 13, 2009 at 6:32 pm

for some reason i think there might be a problem with my comments getting posted.:( just wanted to say thanks for hosting and glad i discovered your blog!

angela | the painted house March 13, 2009 at 8:17 pm

Gosh, those are so much fun! What an easy and inexpensive way to fill a wall. My fave is bird on a wire.

angela | the painted house’s last blog post..The Cottage Project: Paint, Tile, and Stone!

Shannon March 13, 2009 at 9:32 pm

Aren’t they a dream come true?! I have to refrain myself from putting one in every room. Thanks for the shout out!!

Shannon’s last blog post..Don’t Mix

Diana March 13, 2009 at 11:30 pm

For my money http://www.wonderfulgraffiti.com has the most incredible wall decals. Mary of WG basically created the entire industry of interior type-ography, if you will. She is amazing and so is the graffiti!

Diana’s last blog post..Fantasy Friday: The Cottages At Cabot Cove!

le March 14, 2009 at 6:36 am

clever little Katie in Australia does these decals – go see – v sweet and I think in her etsy shop too – off to read now – cheers le http://whatkatydiddesign.blogspot.com/search/label/Decals

le’s last blog post..A Neat Spot

Sue March 14, 2009 at 11:06 am

Hi Julia…these have to be a great idea…they’re like Colorforms…doesn anyone remember Colorforms…peel on peel off…I have to check out the website….I can see why ou wouldn’t want that ape on your daughter’s wall….too creepy, looks like the Stamford Conn. ape….not good…

Sue’s last blog post..WEEKENDS IN PARIS……TOURISTY SPOTS..and a Guest Blogger!

Melissa March 14, 2009 at 3:37 pm

Sorry I am on here twice. I am new to Mr. Linky. I love the wall decals. I found some cool ones on Etsy. I am not sure where to add them to my walls yet. I was thinking about putting one in my master bedroom but I have not yet started with the decor for that room. Anywho, love you blog. I have been checking in on your blog for a while. I would love for you to come over and check out my blog. Blessings

valerie March 14, 2009 at 11:14 pm

Hi Julia probably confused you again!!! But I finally got it!!!

valerie’s last blog post..MRS. IBONES

DesignTies March 15, 2009 at 12:57 pm

I’m loving wall decals too, Julia, and I need to find a room/wall for a lovely motif!!
We’re about to renovate the basement… maybe there’s a room down there… hmmm… :-)
Victoria from EdinDesign Interiors @ DesignTies

DesignTies’s last blog post..Good-bye to my four-legged friend

Nancy March 15, 2009 at 2:32 pm

OH! Thanks for posting about those wall decals. I’ve been looking for something like that for my upstairs game room. I’m going to add my link for what I’m hooked on. :D

laura @ the shore house March 15, 2009 at 10:34 pm

Ooooo…I would like the chandelier for my office…As in my day-job office. I would love to see the look on my boss’ face!! :-) Plus it would put a little glamour in a space that otherwise sucks the life out of me.

Speaking of work…right now I’m hooked on business plans. But that’s not very fun so I didn’t link up, lol. ;-)

laura @ the shore house’s last blog post..What a dish.

Sonya March 16, 2009 at 2:13 pm

I haven’t ever seen that chandelier before, it is amazing!

Puna March 16, 2009 at 2:27 pm

You know what? I forgot to say this last week but that monkey is cool.

Cathy @ The Stylish House March 29, 2009 at 7:22 am

The decals look like a great idea without having to make a huge commitment The chandelier is divine!

Cathy @ The Stylish House’s last blog post..Giveaway Winner Announcement!

Custom Decal April 16, 2009 at 5:42 am

The bird on branch looks awesome….love it!!

wendy jones January 30, 2010 at 1:04 am

I love your site!! I’m definitely hooked on houses. I love decorating, but mostly painting. Check out my blog to see my portfolio. My expertise is in paint, but I’m going back to school in August to get a degree in Interior Design and Space Planning. Yippee!!
.-= wendy jones´s last blog ..5 Projects in 5 days =-.

Nancy Gray April 23, 2010 at 12:35 am