Hooked on Holiday House Tours: Let the Party Begin!

by hookedonhouses on December 14, 2008

Welcome to the “Hooked on Holiday House Tours” blog party! I’m so glad you came. First of all, help yourself to one of these Chocolate Candy-Cane Cupcakes. We baked them today and they’re pretty yummy! I figure you could use a little sugar before starting the tour (recipe on the Baker’s website if you want to make them for yourself!).

Last week I took you on tours of homes featured in Christmas movies like “Home Alone” and “The Holiday” (click here if you missed them). Today I thought I’d give you a peek inside mine.

This is the first year in a very long time that I haven’t hosted Christmas for my extended family at our house, and I hardly know what to do with myself. I don’t have nearly as much cooking and baking to do as usual. And I scaled way back on the decorating in general since we’ll be traveling over the holidays. But I still had to put out some of my favorite things. Otherwise it just wouldn’t feel like Christmas!

I love my mercury-glass trees. I put them in my dining room, which is otherwise pretty bare as we finish the room’s remodel:

I just bought this cute Santa cookie jar to give as a gift–but he’s been sitting in my kitchen all week, and now I’m not sure I’ll be able to let him go. I might have to go back to Target and buy another one!

I love a simple centerpiece when I don’t have much time to decorate, and these silver ornaments fit the bill (oops! I still had Christmas storage boxes sitting out in the background–just ignore those):

I hung a couple of wreaths on the french doors leading to the backyard. I used red ribbon to string them up and tacked them to the top of the door frames with white thumbtacks. Easy! Here I am looking through our family Christmas album with one of my favorite people–my aunt Toni.

Lily made some garland by cutting shapes out of old Christmas cards and red and green construction paper and stringing it up on the mantel. She tells me that there will be “garland ALL OVER the house” by Christmas, and this is only the beginning. (If you’ve been reading my blog for awhile, then you know how much my 6-year old loves to decorate.)

We do red, white, and silver for Christmas in our house. This year I let the kids decorate the tree, and they did a great job, didn’t they? I forgot to give them the garland, but I decided it looked good enough without it. I’m keeping things simple this year!

On Saturday, I stole borrowed an idea from my creative friend Amy (the one who made this pretty party button for us!). On her blog Living Locurto, she mentioned that she likes to have “Family Christmas parties” with her kids. I decided to try it.

I asked the kids what they wanted to do Saturday at our little party, and here’s what they said: play games, put puzzles together, bake cupcakes and cookies, make more garland, watch “The Santa Clause,” and play Christmas carols. We didn’t fit everything into our day, but it was a lot of fun trying!

To prepare for our party, the kids formed a “family band,” and all week they worked with their dad on some Christmas carols. My husband Dave played piano. Jake was on keyboards. Lily banged on the drums. On Saturday night they performed for their grandparents, and they were a bit hit!

I told them we should get a bus and travel the country. I have no musical talent to contribute, so I’ll drive.

I finally got our Christmas-card photo taken for the year. There was lots of goofing around:

But I finally got the shot:

Okay, now that you’ve seen what a simple family Christmas looks like at my house and have eaten more than your share of cupcakes (a little greedy, weren’t you?), I’m excited to visit your blogs and see what you have to show us today.

Lime in the Coconut: Florida Christmas

Living Locurto: Gingerbread Houses

Lookiloos: Gorgeous Saratoga French Chateau

Southern Hospitality

Springtree Road: Drive-by in a Small Southern Town

Nesting Place

Chatting at the Sky

Ramblings of a Renovating Couple

Cottage Industries: An 11-Foot Tree!

Cottage Magpie

Cornbread Beans & Quilting

Jan’s Gems

How Sweet the Sound

JenX67

Ame’s Snapshots

Somerset Cottage

The Organizing Blog: We’re Allowed to Be Snoopy!

1. Ladybug & Honeybear
47. ~Phillips Phamily Phive~
48. Ruth Lee @McLain Moments
49. Angela (Cottage Magpie) – Tour Part 2
50. Stephanie
51. Paula – Buckets of Grandparent Christmas Fun
52. The Charm House Christmas Tour
53. Frugal Carol – The other tree…..
54. Adventures in Osbornland
87. Jerri @ Simply Sweet Home
88. The Deco Detective
89. Linda from ::Surroundings::
90. Debbie @ Jadehollow
91. Michele
92. Kiersten at The Pretty Neat Company

Powered by… Mister Linky’s Magical Widgets.

Feeling overwhelmed? Then start here:

20 Highlights From This Holiday House Tour

Several of my friends are hosting parties this week, too, so be sure to pay them a visit when you’re done here!

Southern Hospitality

Thrifty Decor Chick

Boo Mama

A Soft Place to Land Open House

We are THAT Family (show your Christmas tree)

A Cottage Magpie (cookie exchange)

angela | the painted house December 14, 2008 at 8:41 pm

I guess I am a little eager tonight! Ha! You temptress, you, with those cupcakes–seriously, yum.

I love the idea of a family Christmas party. Amy is so smart. I will have to remember that for next year.

You have good looking kids, Julia. I would say “beautiful” but I don’t think Jake would appreciate that!

Have fun!

maya December 14, 2008 at 8:52 pm

love the mercury glass!

maya December 14, 2008 at 8:52 pm
Gigi December 14, 2008 at 8:55 pm

Thanks for hosting the Holiday House Tours. Christmas card photo sessions can be NOT FUN- glad to see your kids are good sports and very photogenic to boot! Love the picture you chose.

nancy December 14, 2008 at 9:10 pm

Must buy Santa cookie jar! lol

rhondi December 14, 2008 at 9:12 pm

I’ve added my blog to the list for the party. Thanks for hosting it!
Hugs, Rhondi

Arleen December 14, 2008 at 9:17 pm

Hi Julia. Thank you so much for hosting this Holiday Home Tour. I’m looking forward to seeing everyone else’s home and am so looking forward to having everyone visit mine! ~Arleen

Melissa Lewis - Off The Wall December 14, 2008 at 9:25 pm

I just love the look of mercury glass at Christmas time, well anytime really!!!! The wreaths on your French Doors add that perfect touch too!!!!

I’ll be on the look out for some great Christmas decorations to post on my blog for your House Tours.

We are THAT family December 14, 2008 at 9:34 pm

Thanks for linking your tree to my party. Your home and tree are beautiful! Hope your holiday is merry!

le December 14, 2008 at 9:45 pm

just lovely ….. I love the mercury trees – can you explain them a bit more – are they really made of highly toxic mercury …. hmmmm thanks for setting this up – cheers le

Marie Louise December 14, 2008 at 9:45 pm

What a great pic of the kids! You’ll definitely have to frame that one. I love your mercury glass trees as well. Are they vintage? Have a great holiday!

Sue December 14, 2008 at 9:45 pm

The picture of the children is simply beautiful….but something tells me that they aren’t always that lovely dovey with each other….But you really took a great shot.

hookedonhouses December 14, 2008 at 9:57 pm

Le, the mercury glass is not made of real mercury–it’s just glass that has silver paint on the inside, I believe (if there are mercury glass experts out there, feel free to correct me). Marie Louise, they are vintage Target! I bought them there last week on sale, and I love them!

Sue, you’re right, my kids aren’t always that lovey dovey! I just don’t take many photos of them fighting. ;-)

Some great tours so far. Thanks for playing along, everyone! -Julia

beachy December 14, 2008 at 10:02 pm

What a beautiful home! And I just love all your mercury glass ornaments! Your children are darling… don’t you just love when they decorate at the holidays! It makes celebrating that much more special! =) Thank you for visiting my blog party!

Kelly the Kitchen Kop December 14, 2008 at 10:02 pm

I’m really tired and shouldn’t be trying to party like this when I’m such a ditz. Can you delete my first post that I messed up please? (The first one with the 7x underwear.)

THANKS, Kelly p.s. Also disregard the other comment at the wrong post……..told you I was tired…

hookedonhouses December 14, 2008 at 10:03 pm

Kelly–no problem. It’s fixed! :-)

Historical Homes December 14, 2008 at 10:12 pm

What a wonderful house tour. I love having a look at everyone’s Christmas traditions. Thank you for throwing the party!

Robyn December 14, 2008 at 10:23 pm

And what a perfect shot it was…..BTW, your house looks very festive! Merry Christmas!

desiree December 14, 2008 at 10:28 pm

Well here’s our tour. Thanks for hosting Julia. I look forward to each and every one. I love holiday tours they are my favorite! Desiree

ps. Your Christmas card photo was great!

Jen R Sanctuary Arts December 14, 2008 at 10:29 pm

Thanks for hosting! I can’t wait!

Sarah @ Thriftydecorchick December 14, 2008 at 10:30 pm

Julia, it’s all beautiful!! The picture of your kids is perfect. I LOVE the one of them facing each other too. We took our pic tonight and with a 2-year-old, it seriously took about ten minutes. Still not thrilled with it, but it’s us at the moment, you know? OK, I just linked to my site, because it’s Christmas 24-7 over there right now, so just let me know if you want me to link to a specific post. Whatever you want is fine with me!

Kristin December 14, 2008 at 10:31 pm

I love your blog, especially the celebrity homes and movie sets! My absolute favorite holiday movie is The Family Stone. I remeber loving their big cozy family home and of course I cry my eyes out every time I watch the ending. Thanks for hosting. I think your french doors are to die for :)

Catherine at Design Editor December 14, 2008 at 10:37 pm

How fun! Great idea sharing the recipe…yum! Hope you like my tour!

Linda@ Restyled Home December 14, 2008 at 11:27 pm

Your home looks beautiful! I especially love the photo of your kids that you took. They are adorable! You’re a lucky mum!

Have a great week, Julia,
Linda

Roxanne December 14, 2008 at 11:31 pm

Thank you for all of your wonderful ideas and wow your home looks so inviting!!
Blessings

The Nester December 14, 2008 at 11:38 pm

Hi J!

Loved seeing a photo of you and your children! Ok, I had no idea that so many peeps were doing tours!!! How fun is that! Rhoda, TDC, THAT… busy, busy!

lisa@take90west December 14, 2008 at 11:48 pm

Fixed my post, sorry about the earlier link! I didn’t realize the post didn’t post on my blog the first time!

Anyway, just wanted to say I LOVE the mercury glass trees. They are absolutely gorgeous. And the garland made from the leftover cards is so cute, we’ll do that next year! I love a few homemade things around.

Thanks for hosting!

Angela (Cottage Magpie) December 15, 2008 at 12:00 am

Oooh, thanks for the mention! And thanks for doing these awesome, amazing tours! They’re such great fun. I can’t wait to visit everyone. And I included one of my decorating posts, too.
Happy Holidays!
~Angela :-)

Lisa December 15, 2008 at 12:01 am

Your tree is beautiful. The kids did a great job..and how cute are they!! Thanks for the cupcake recipe, I may have to make those for the Church drop in friday. Off to look at all the Chrismas Decorations.
Lisa

Julie December 15, 2008 at 12:07 am

Lovely. Thanks for inviting me into your home. Merry CHRISTmas!!!

tardevil December 15, 2008 at 12:28 am

I say keep the cookie jar!!! The kids photos are adorable…like the idea of sending people to the blog instead of mailing 100 Christmas cards. I may have to try it!

Maya December 15, 2008 at 12:29 am

Wonderful…, this is so great! Thanks Julia. Merry Christmas.

Cyndi December 15, 2008 at 12:54 am

Thanks for hosting the tour, I love it. this is the first time I have done these.
Merry Christmas!

kari and kijsa December 15, 2008 at 1:14 am

We are so excited about the hme tour!!! SO many beautiful homes and decorations!! thanks for the recipe!
We are also excited about a giveaway for women and more we are hosting this week!!
blessings,
kari & kijsa

Margaret December 15, 2008 at 1:15 am

Love your site and loved the home tour..thanks so much!

JanMary, N Ireland December 15, 2008 at 1:47 am

Just found this and would love to join in.

Hope you get a chance to visit my Northern Ireland blog.

Merry Christmas to you and yours.

Meredith December 15, 2008 at 1:49 am

Thanks for hosting a fun tour! I love how you involved your children in the decorating. Their picture is so sweet! Merry Christmas!

Jamie Lea December 15, 2008 at 2:04 am

Your home is just beautiful, thank you for hosting such a fun tour :-)

Cali Girl December 15, 2008 at 2:21 am

Love your house. So pretty and festive!!!

Angela December 15, 2008 at 2:23 am

I love the ornaments in a bowl! What a simple way to pull things together and be all festive and whatnot. LOVE it.

Stephanie December 15, 2008 at 3:03 am

Thanks so much for hostessing this Holiday Homes tour! I can’t wait to visit everyone! I just did my holiday home post & will link back to your party!!

Big TX Hugs,
Stephanie
Angelic Accents

Myrna December 15, 2008 at 3:09 am

Thanks for hosting this Holiday Home Tour, Julia–it is so much fun touring through everyone’s home–and no aching feet when you’re done!! ;-)

dolce chic December 15, 2008 at 3:42 am

Thanks for the home tour, I just posted my home post too!

Robin December 15, 2008 at 3:47 am

It’s a “Holiday-A-Rama”!

Sue December 15, 2008 at 5:33 am

Oh, I wish I had time to go see all the entries. I’ll try and add a post later today.

dawn December 15, 2008 at 5:46 am

I looked at many of the entries and I LOVE Kari AND Kjisa’s home tour…And The Southern Family also, can I vote for two? I will try to get some of my photos later today, once it is light out:) Thanks for a fabulous time!

Stephanie December 15, 2008 at 6:48 am

Oh my goodness… Those cupcakes look and sound delicious. I must try them. Love the final Christmas card shot, and thanks for having us all over.

Kim~HomeIsWhereTheHeartIs December 15, 2008 at 8:21 am

Thank you for hosting this holiday home tour, Julia…I’m so excited to participate this year!

jenx67 December 15, 2008 at 8:21 am

I absolutely love the professional-commercial-country-living-magazine feel of your blog, and then BOOM! A precious picture of your or your kids spliced in. It makes your blog so unique. I also appreciat this home tour since it’s freezing, the tickets for such tours in my hometown are overpriced! ha! and I just generally don’t get out much with two pre-schoolers. Thanks!

nancy December 15, 2008 at 8:26 am

Thank you so much for hosting such a wonderful Holiday House Tour! I enjoyed your home very much! Looking forward to coming back here often. Nancy

Pam December 15, 2008 at 8:42 am

Thanks for hosting the home tour! I love all your decor and the photos of the kiddos.
Pam

Amanda T December 15, 2008 at 8:47 am

Those are some gorgeous cupcakes!

Pam Kern December 15, 2008 at 9:23 am

Thanks for hosting this party. What fun! Pam

paintergal December 15, 2008 at 9:35 am

Beautiful! I love the red bowl with the silver balls.

Janet December 15, 2008 at 9:37 am

What fun! I posted it on my blog and tweeted it; http://twitter.com/beauteousdesign/status/1058558025

sandra/tx December 15, 2008 at 9:43 am

Holy cow, Julia, this may be your biggest house tour yet! LOL I love seeing your red and silver decorating. I haven’t managed to get any mercury glass yet, but you’re definitely inspiring me to get shopping.

I loved the pics of you and your kids. Naw, I don’t think you have to send out the Christmas letter. Save the postage.

Thanks for hosting the holiday open house tour, and thanks for letting Canyon Wren Cottage be a part of it. Have a great day!

Melinda December 15, 2008 at 10:06 am

Beautiful! Loved being a part of the party!

Beverly December 15, 2008 at 10:43 am

Your home is incredible. Everything looks glorious and festive. And, your Christmas picture is perfect.

Thank you for sharing, and many thanks for sponsoring this terrific blogging event.

Tidymom December 15, 2008 at 10:45 am

I’m here with bells on!! (LOL, my mom always says that!)
Let the parties BEGIN!!

Your home is just BEAUTIFUL Julia! and your kiddos are just adorable!!

Merry Christmas!

~Tidymom

Liz@VioletPosy December 15, 2008 at 10:50 am

Mine’s a very mini tour, the house looks like a bombsite at the moment, so I’ve only included the pretty bits :) I’m off to check out all the other wonderful homes now :)

Tidymom December 15, 2008 at 10:51 am

Just tweeted about it and posted on my blog!! http://twitter.com/Tidymom/status/1058692623

Lisa December 15, 2008 at 11:09 am

Hey There, Julia..
Thought Id come ova and see what you were up to..and..a party without me??? So, I hurried up and put some lipstick on and tried to find some heels, grabbed a big glass of wine and knocked on the door. I hope you dont mind!!!! Im going to sit down and check out all the other decorator bloggers RIGHT NOW!!
kids have no school, snow day, so Ill be here for a while.
your house is ADORABLE!! who would have expected anything less?
thanks for letting me join in..
Lisa
coastal nest

Kara Shriver December 15, 2008 at 11:36 am

Yummy cupcakes! Everything looks beautiful! Thanks for hosting!
God Bless, Kara Shriver
Texas

supermommy December 15, 2008 at 11:42 am

I love the mercury glass! Yummy looking treats too!

Ms.Tee December 15, 2008 at 12:02 pm

Your house looks so pretty! And the photo of your kids is so sweet. :0) I wish I had had time to get something together, but I know I’ll have tons of fun enjoying all the links!

Kathleen December 15, 2008 at 12:44 pm

This has been fun. I love touring homes! Thanks for hosting!

Katie @ makingthishome.com December 15, 2008 at 1:02 pm

Oh wow! What a response today, Julia. Congratulations! I’m overwhelmed with so many great ideas to check out. How wonderful! Thank you, too, for the glimpse into your Christmas decorating.
Katie

Holly December 15, 2008 at 1:21 pm

Your kids are adorable! Do they really get along that well? My 11 yr old son enjoys picking on his 6 yr old sister.
Love the decorations, too.

LisaJanelle December 15, 2008 at 1:21 pm

I love it!..So many great ideas!…Merry Christmas!

SOUTHERN MAMA December 15, 2008 at 1:36 pm

Beautiful stuff! Thanks for hosting.

Caren December 15, 2008 at 1:46 pm

Beautiful decorations! I have a tour at my house as well and of course, I linked back to you. I don’t know if that garners me one or two entries but you be the judge! Happy Holidays.

Bonita December 15, 2008 at 1:57 pm

You have lovely decorations, but I think I like those two lives ones the best! Thanks for hosting this tour!

Alana @ Gray Matters December 15, 2008 at 2:34 pm

Your children are beautiful – what a great picture!

phasejumper December 15, 2008 at 2:41 pm

Wahoo, a contest! I put the link from my blog and are posting your link on mine. I have before and after pictures, too!

Lamp Tramp December 15, 2008 at 2:56 pm

Julia…thank you so much for hosting this open house. I know I’ll have hours and hours of eye candy to look at. You are an inspiration to so many and I thank you for that. Your children are beautiful as is your home!
Lamp Tramp

Amy from Texas December 15, 2008 at 3:08 pm

Julia- I’m soooo late to this party!! I just got back from my first speaking engagement and was tuned out to blogging yesterday to prepare. The first place I came today was to your party to see all the fun. Look at all the links…. it’s going to take forever to go through them all. I’ll have to get some strong coffee tonight:-) I LOVE that you stole my party idea for your family. That’s awesome:-) The garland you made is fab! Your kids are so adorable… I get to see what I’ll be doing 4-5 years from now with my kids. (I think we’re about that far behind your in age?)

Okay, look for my post sometime later today. I’ve got a fun idea, just need to get to working on it. Have fun at your party!!! I’ll be back to party more later:-)

Miss Priss December 15, 2008 at 3:21 pm

Very pretty decor!

new every morning December 15, 2008 at 3:24 pm

HOW fun!
Thanks for hosting this fun event! I’ll be looking at houses all week!

Love your blog!

Connie December 15, 2008 at 3:35 pm

Love your simplicity and sitting down with your Aunt looking a pictures is priceless. Times like these are my favorite! Connie

Kellie December 15, 2008 at 3:35 pm

What a fun contest! And what a beautiful home you have (and attractive kids!)
I love a good house tour!

the joyfulhomemaker December 15, 2008 at 3:50 pm

Loving all these tours.. I have set up a new online home tour blog here @ http://mindurmanors.blogspot.com/

my little home tour is @ http://joyfulhomemaker.blogspot.com/

Amy from Texas December 15, 2008 at 3:51 pm

I stumbled! Oh yeah!

Amy from Texas December 15, 2008 at 3:51 pm

I also tweeted! TWEET!

Jill December 15, 2008 at 3:55 pm

Thanks so much for hosting this Christmas Tour. It was so much fun! I have a lot of homes to tour…between yours and BooMama’s. :)

I put your cute Christma Tour logo on my blog and encouraged folks to come visit!

Merry Christmas!

Julie December 15, 2008 at 3:56 pm

I have just found your blog for the first time–thank you for hosting a tour of homes! Your home is beautiful! I really love your mercury glass trees–very elegant!

mary (megardengal) December 15, 2008 at 4:09 pm

What a sweet picture of your children!
Thanks for sharing you beautiful home with us!

blessings
mary

Ps I would tweet if i was a bird and I am always stumbing but I don’t think the kind you are talking about!!!

Nise' December 15, 2008 at 4:57 pm

Had every intention of taking a picture of the kids at Thanksgiving when they were home for the Christmas cards and totally forgot. Maybe I will send Happy New Year’s Cards instead! If Keith Partridge is on that bus, I am SO there! LOL (I am dating myself)! Thanks so much for hosting.

Pat December 15, 2008 at 5:32 pm

I love the Christmas photo, Julia! You have beautiful children!

Fifi Flowers December 15, 2008 at 5:35 pm

What happened to all the links? I wanted to visit more people… hmmmmm

Emilie December 15, 2008 at 5:46 pm

Mr. Linky crashed – too much eggnog I think ;) My home tour can be found here http://bunchofscrap.blogspot.com/2008/12/christmas-home-tour.html

I am bookmarking your blog to try and add it later and to come see more of your too cute stuff!! Glad I found you!

Rhoda December 15, 2008 at 6:24 pm

Darn that Mr. Linky! We are all hosed right now with no links to be found, I sure hope he comes back to life soon. What a bummer for all of us.

Julia, my dear, you have nothing to be ashamed of with any of your Christmas decor! It’s so pretty & I just love your tree, the mercury glass, simple silver in the bowl & of course, your adorable kids. Thanks again for giving me a shout out. Next year, I’m planning in advance with a blog button and everything!! I just need to figure out how to make those cute blog buttons for all occasions.

chelsea December 15, 2008 at 6:31 pm

your decor looks great!!

Kellie December 15, 2008 at 6:52 pm

My Christmas house tour is here: http://michaelandkellieryan.blogspot.com/2008/12/hooked-on-houses-holiday-tour.html

I loved touring everyone’s homes– hope they’re back up soon!

Sandy toes December 15, 2008 at 7:12 pm

Those are great cupcakes..anything with peppermint is a keeper in my book!!! There is so much going on today in “blogLand”..I did Boomama’s tour! Love your decor!
-sandy toes

Paula - Buckets of Christmas Ideas December 15, 2008 at 7:14 pm

Thanks for letting me be a part of the tourn. I am anxious to see other’s homes too!
Merry Christmas!

Beth at Aunties December 15, 2008 at 7:50 pm

Your home looks so beautiful and festive. I absolutely loved the idea of your Christmas party and the wonderful family pictures.
Thanks for the fun party! When Mr Linky is working I will come back and re-link correctly:)

beth`?

Jennifer December 15, 2008 at 7:52 pm

You have such a beautiful home and two gorgeous kiddos! Love the Christmas photo!

julia@lookiloos.com December 15, 2008 at 8:01 pm

Beautiful kids! I love the black and white photography. I’ve got the photo of my two, I’m just hoping I get the cards out by Christmas!

Kelly the Kitchen Kop December 15, 2008 at 8:04 pm

Here’s my home tour, but Mr. Linky is back up on BooMama’s blog, maybe it will be up here again soon, too?!

Thanks!
Kelly

Sherilyn December 15, 2008 at 8:21 pm
Kim@ForeverWherever December 15, 2008 at 8:21 pm

Here the link if it helps you out -http://www.foreverwherever.com/?p=130

Thanks for hosting this! I hope it goes smoothly for you!
-Kim

wanderluster December 15, 2008 at 8:28 pm

Wow Julia, your tour is so popular you crashed Mister Linky, lol ;) Thanks for being a gracious host yet again. I love these tours… I gather so many ideas and find some great new blog reads too!

Love your decorations, especially the mercury glass. And the pics of your kids is too sweet. Happy Holidays!!

Jennifer

LuLu December 15, 2008 at 8:30 pm

Your home is wonderful. Thank you for the cupcakes. Your photo of your children is beautiful. Thanks for sharing your home tour!
Merry Christmas,
LuLi

Tammy @ Greek GRITS December 15, 2008 at 8:35 pm

Phew, all that scrolling made me forget why I was here…..oh, yes, Christmas. Your decorations are so pretty and the kids photo is very nice! What a gracious hostess you are.

Off to try and link up here too. Merry CHRISTmas.

Tammy @ Greek GRITS December 15, 2008 at 8:47 pm
Whitney Caroline December 15, 2008 at 8:48 pm
Karen B December 15, 2008 at 8:59 pm

Thanks for hosting a Christmas House Walk. These are so much fun and full of great ideas! Your cupcakes sounds great! Here’s my link if you’d like to add it. http://elderberrystreet.blogspot.com/2008/12/festive-corners.html

The Nester December 15, 2008 at 9:19 pm

You poor thing! So sweet of you to type it by hand! Guess that’s how they did it in the olden days!

nancy December 15, 2008 at 9:20 pm

Darn!!!! I was at 49! Oh well! Guess I’ll have to recheck every home again. lol Such torture! ;) This time I’ll have a note pad and pen for notes! lol

Emily@remodelingthislife.com December 15, 2008 at 9:25 pm

Oh my gosh, Julia what a party! So embarrassed to be so late. My computer was looking terminally ill this morning but I got it fixed! Here’s my link: http://www.remodelingthislife.com/2008/12/15/holiday-house-party/ Thanks for hosting and what a lot of work to enter our links by hand. You rock. Have an extra cookie from me :)

Elizabeth December 15, 2008 at 9:37 pm

I thought I was in Mr. Linky, but I guess not. Here is the URL to my house tour post.
Thanks for doing this for everyone.
Have a Happy Christmas Season!

frenchgardenhouse December 15, 2008 at 9:40 pm

Thanks so much for the tour! Your home looks warm and cozy. I love all your decorations.
(and especially Aunt Toni is so cute)

Lidy

Emily@remodelingthislife.com December 15, 2008 at 9:55 pm

I of course forgot to mention how much I love your Christmas card photo and how I adore the simplicity of your decorations. It all looks fabulous. And I am drooling over your toile chair (oh and the cupckaes too!)

Ame December 15, 2008 at 10:09 pm

Your house looks so warm and cozy:) If it is not too late and you would like to add the my link to the home tour…Here it is…

Colors of CHRISTmas December 15, 2008 at 10:24 pm

Your home is so inviting. I love your holiday decor – very cozy. What a great party. I’ll add your blog to by blogroll. It’s been nice to visit you today.
Alisa

Tater Mama December 15, 2008 at 10:28 pm

Hey! I’ve had such a good time on your Home Tour! I posted a link to it on my blog when I put up my post for Boo Mama’s Christmas Tour of Homes! Love your site, by the way!

Robyn December 15, 2008 at 10:35 pm

I’m back. Please add my name to your Robyn list. I posted my family room today – My Family Room with Homespun Holiday Cheer. Thanks – Robyn

Jackie @ where the boys are December 15, 2008 at 10:37 pm

Love, love, love the cupcakes and your simplicity in the decorating is so elegant. Merry Christmas!

kim December 15, 2008 at 10:44 pm

I’d love to have you come visit my house. I will try and link to you as well. Merry Christmas!

Margaret December 15, 2008 at 10:50 pm

Here is my home tour link..thanks for all you do!

Amy December 15, 2008 at 11:01 pm

Thanks for hosting! Love your decorations!

Paige December 15, 2008 at 11:04 pm

Thanks for sharing!

Rebecca December 15, 2008 at 11:08 pm
angela | the painted house December 15, 2008 at 11:13 pm

Oh, that Mr. Linky! He has been such a party pooper lately. Girl, your hands must be killing you! And who is feeding the fam while you tap away? Thank you!

Tanya December 15, 2008 at 11:45 pm
Amber Filkins December 15, 2008 at 11:53 pm
Satsuki December 16, 2008 at 12:11 am

Mr Linky’s up on a few other sites now… Weird.

DeeDee December 16, 2008 at 12:29 am

Such fun…
Thanks for hosting this.
And the recipe for the cupcakes looks great. I may have to try it before the season is over.
Sweet Blessings,
DeeDee

Cowgirl December 16, 2008 at 12:36 am

Fun idea! I wrote about this on my blog, and here’s my home link tour. http://irishamy.blogspot.com/2008/12/welcome-to-my-home-i-know-that-most-of.html. How fun! Good luck getting Mr. Linky to work!

Robin December 16, 2008 at 12:37 am

Please visit my nest for my Christmas home tour…I have spread the word about your party as well as some of the others! Thank you for being such a great hostess! By the way, I recently won a decorating book and Home Goods gift card in your giveaway…I got some beautiful Christmas table runners with that card!! So sorry I never got around to posting about it, but I appreciate it so much!

Robin December 16, 2008 at 12:38 am

Oops…forgot the link…robinsblessednest.blogspot.com/2008/12/merry-christmas-2008.html!!

Sue December 16, 2008 at 12:49 am

Your home is beautiful and so are YOU! Those two children are absolutely gorgeous!

Thank you for hosting this Julia…now I am off to peek and have some fun!!

Love,
Sue

Bonnie December 16, 2008 at 2:06 am

This seems like a lot of fun. Loved your house and the kids are so cute. I am new to these blog parties so hopefully I am doing it right.

Cali Girl December 16, 2008 at 2:15 am

I had three links before the crash. here is a 4th…

Indiana Keetha December 16, 2008 at 3:43 am

Came over from BooMama.

Everything is lovely! And I’m sure for YOU the best part is when your kids gave each other that hug!!! It still warms my heart when mine do that, and they are all grown and gone now.

Merry Christmas!!!

Jeana December 16, 2008 at 4:16 am

Thank you so much for hosting such a fun event. I always love fun shots for Christmas photos instead of formal ones and you have some great ones with your guys!

mishelle December 16, 2008 at 4:24 am

I got deleted too. Here is my www. the crowned casa.blogpot.com. Thanks Julia. mishelle

Robin ~ PENSIEVE December 16, 2008 at 6:57 am

Good mornin’ :). I’m VERY late to the party, but better late than NEVAH, right????

Here’s my link: http://pensieve.typepad.com/pensieve/2008/12/christmas-.html

LOVELOVELOVE your simple decor, especially the mercury glass trees and that beautiful red bowl of ornaments (I never would’ve seen those boxes if a little bird hadn’t mentioned it!). The pictures of your kids? s i g h…mine never turn out that good, but you’ve given me hope!

Thanks for hosting…can’t wait to visit some others (I’ll update my post to include your party info after an early morning meeting).

Anne December 16, 2008 at 8:12 am

Simple is good… you pulled it off nicely:). Love the shots of your kids! Merry Christmas!

Melissa December 16, 2008 at 8:36 am

Thanks for inviting me into your home. It is beautiful.

Kymber @ A New Day Dawning December 16, 2008 at 9:27 am

Hi Julia,
I love your site – Thanks for inviting us to participate in this fun event. Too much fun!
Blessings,
Kymber

Pam Kern December 16, 2008 at 9:35 am

Julia, I just realized I had linked to my blog not the post because I was unsure how to do that. I figured it out and tried to change it. Hopefully it worked. Thanks for the gift of your time to make these blog parties work so well. Pam

Jen@OurDailyBigTop December 16, 2008 at 10:25 am

Thanks for hosting the holiday tour. This has been so much fun to check out holiday ideas. I love your daughter’s garland – we should get our girls together. They could totally deck out an entire house with all their crafts.

Cora December 16, 2008 at 12:13 pm

Thanks for hosting. I love touring other’s homes.

Melissa (Missy) December 16, 2008 at 1:36 pm

Hi Julie! I don’t know if I stumbled, tweeted or what. I came by through Kimba’s site. I posted you on my post with a link, but I think you know that b/c you have already stopped by and visited.

Thanks for hosting!

Have a blessed day!

Chrysanthemama December 16, 2008 at 1:54 pm

Thank you for hosting this open house! I tweeted and blogged about it.

melissa December 16, 2008 at 2:15 pm

Julia, your house is beautiful. I love your centerpiece with the balls~it’s perfect. I hope it’s not too late to join. Merry Christmas!

Rosie December 16, 2008 at 2:41 pm

Love, Love, Love, the red bowl with gold ornaments! Thanks for hosting.

Fifi Flowers December 16, 2008 at 2:57 pm

Thanks again for hosting this… your tours are the BEST!

HSingMama December 16, 2008 at 4:38 pm

I’m loving all these Christmas parties! :o) Thanks for having it.

Nancy December 16, 2008 at 4:49 pm

Another kindred spirit keeping it simpler this year…what is it? The down the tube economy isn’t it because we all have jillions of decorations. Anyway your house looks fabulous, when I saw your red toile I remembered that I have those placemats also…somewhere..LOL. My favorite is the garland your daughter is making. She can come put it all over my house if you run out of room. Have a wonderful Christmas and thanks for hosting this. Nancy

Pixeltrash December 16, 2008 at 5:16 pm

Wowsers… I love that mercury glass. I’m spending WAY too much visiting everybody’s home. Very fun though! Thanks for hosting! This is my first year on the circuit!

Elaine December 16, 2008 at 5:33 pm

Your home looks lovely and your kids sound like a blast! I love the tree/fireplace picture – so cozy! And thanks for the cupcake recipe… I just may have to try those! Merry Christmas!

boysmum2 December 16, 2008 at 5:44 pm

Thank you, thank you, thank you I have just realised that I had a passion about movie homes and your site has proved this to me. I have just sat here surfing your site going ‘OMG’ & ‘WOW’ & ‘Oh I remember that’ & ‘oh what a fab movie’
I have just found my new site to keep up with.
Have a very Merry Christmas and I look forward to visiting you more in the new year.

sarah @ a beach Cottage December 16, 2008 at 6:58 pm

hello

great tour, I’m enjoying looking around!

thanks for hosting

Sarah

Calamity Anne December 16, 2008 at 7:20 pm

This is so magical touring everyone’s homes. Merry Christmas to all!!!

Laura D December 16, 2008 at 7:59 pm

I’ve never been to your blog before, but found you on a few of Boomama’s list. What a nice blog! I’ll be checking it again and adding a link to my blog as well.

Kymber @ A New Day Dawning December 16, 2008 at 9:04 pm

Julia,
I am touched that you took the time to stop by and leave such a sweet comment. You must be SO swamped today. I can’t believe how many are participating! What a fun event this has been. I really want to thank you again for hosting this and I hope you come back by to visit. Your blog is fantastic – keep up the great work and keep on blogging!
Blessings to you,
Kymber

The Decorated House December 16, 2008 at 9:57 pm

Delightful!
I so enjoyed your Christmas pictures.
Donna

Angela (Cottage Magpie) December 17, 2008 at 3:09 am

I’ve got a second part to my tour now! Just posted! :-)

Ruth Lee McLain December 17, 2008 at 9:40 am

There are some really talented women out there. :) I loved everything about Chantilly Charm. Her house was beautiful!

Ashlee December 17, 2008 at 2:25 pm

This was such a fun tour. I especially loved the Saratoga French Chateau.

Southern Fried Gal December 17, 2008 at 4:12 pm

I love the fabulous simplicity in your Christmas decor and your children are adorable! I can’t wait to tour all the homes! Thanks for hosting!

Sue December 18, 2008 at 7:09 am

Wow! You put so much time into this Home Tour. Thank you so much. I can’t wait to get a minute to go around and visit everyone.

Bonnie December 18, 2008 at 10:35 am

Julia, this was so much fun for me. My tour was #8 and I noticed I had lots of visitors by my hit counter, but not a single comment. I am wondering if I did something wrong when I signed up as it seems odd that no one commented? Could you just send me a comment to see if it is working just out of curiosity~I’d just like to know if I did it right??

No rush on this just trying to learn what I am doing in the blogsphere.

Thanks,

Bonnie

hookedonhouses December 18, 2008 at 11:06 am

Bonnie–your link worked fine for me and I was able to leave a comment. Who else can hop over there and show Bonnie’s post some love? Her home is beautiful! -J :-)

Kendra @ My Insanity December 18, 2008 at 6:40 pm

I’ve finally got my post up! It’s not what I initially intended to post, but we’ve got to keep it real, right?

Andrea at Homage Style December 19, 2008 at 12:12 am

Thanks for doing this home tour! What fun!

Of course, I’ve spent *way* too much time surfing homes today!

Happy Holidays!

Sugar Mommy December 19, 2008 at 11:03 am

Yea!! I love a good party!

hello gorgeous December 19, 2008 at 2:18 pm

Hi there – I loved the tour so much I thought I’d enter my house! I guess you can just click on my name to get there or go here: hellogorgeousblog.com.

Thanks! And Happy Christmas!

Urban Nester December 20, 2008 at 2:26 am

I love your home. What color are the walls by your fireplace?

rue December 20, 2008 at 6:31 pm

Hi Julia :)

I know I’m late, but I added my name anyway. I hope you don’t mind. We’re moving, so I’m late with everything this year.

Now I’m off to see what you’ve been up to…..

rue

Tamara December 20, 2008 at 9:45 pm

what a fun party! I hope that a Greenhouse decked out for Christmas counts :) It’s going to take me quite a while to check these all out but I just LOVE christmas…..

Marsha December 21, 2008 at 3:57 am

Julia – Really enjoyed those photos of you and Mum and the children – thanks for sharing !!
I’m so pleased that I found your website – so much to explore. I love looking your posts.
I live in an old Mill House here in England – maybe you would like to see a photo ?
Happy weekend to you !

Michelle December 21, 2008 at 8:40 pm

This has been a blast! I’m a little late in joining. I hope you’ll come by to visit.

Michelle December 21, 2008 at 8:41 pm

My vote is for the Queen of Good Intentions. I really enjoyed touring her home. She’s definately a girl after my own heart…

Paula - Buckets of Christmas Ideas December 21, 2008 at 8:51 pm

Love your blog – ! Paula

Michelle December 21, 2008 at 9:07 pm

Hello…I added my Blog – Seeking Glitter and Grace – and then realized I had made a mistake in the spelling of my link. The first link doesn’t work, so I added it agin with the correct spelling. You can delete that first link. Thanks, Michelle (vintagesquirrel) at Seeking Glitter and Grace

Kirsten of B&K December 22, 2008 at 4:33 am

I love your site and I am so excited about all the great ideas found in everyone’s posts! Thanks for hosting! Blogland parties rock!

Kirsten of B&K

The Deco Detective December 22, 2008 at 2:22 pm

Hi Julia,
I just discovered your blog via Off The Wall. I hope it’s not too forward to enter this Mr.Linky the first time I visit…
Thank you, now I have lots of stuff to discover during the holidays!
Merry Christmas!
Trudi

Bella Casa December 24, 2008 at 8:05 am
Bella Casa December 24, 2008 at 8:13 am

Stumbled :)

Debbie December 25, 2008 at 11:27 pm

I’m a lil late to the party .. I love seeing everyones different taste. I’m new to blogland and love touring everyones pages getting to know different people and getting ideas from them. Thanks for taking the time to host this party!
~Debbie

Kiersten December 27, 2008 at 10:21 pm

Well I’m really late! I am so impressed at how everyone finds time to not only decorate but blog about it before the holidays too! I hope it’s okay to join in after Christmas as I enjoy checking out these parties all year long! Oh and this is my first ever comment on another blog and link so I hope I did it right!! I love following other blogs and thought it was perhaps time to mingle with others now that I’m getting a bit more comfy with blogging! Perhaps next year I can be on time?? :)

beth December 15, 2010 at 2:52 pm

Hi Julia! Your home looks so lovely decked out for the Holidays! I just love your wreaths in the french doors. Wreaths in windows makes me happy. The pictures of your children are so sweet. It looks and sounds like you guys have been having a very happy holiday season!!
Merry Christmas from our family to yours. :)
Beth.
.-= beth´s last blog ..Beginning to look like Christmas =-.

buy arcade machines September 12, 2011 at 10:48 pm

You made some respectable points there. I looked on the web for the issue and found most people will go along with with your website.

{ 4 trackbacks }