Rachael Ray’s Kitchen

by hookedonhouses on August 7, 2008

Looky here. Rachael Ray’s kitchen set has a blue Big Chill fridge like the ones I showed you earlier. Her orange stove is apparently a reworked original, but the refrigerator is a retro-inspired new one.

Here’s a shot of it closer up:

I found this at the Big Chill site, but the source wasn’t credited. Anyone recognize the magazine it was in?

Earlier this year she auctioned off a blue fridge like the one on her set for her Yum-O! charity. It was signed by all of her second-season guests. I think it went for about $5,000 in May.

Is it just me, or do you find it disturbing to see that pretty blue fridge “defaced” with marker? Yeah, I know, those are celebrity autographs, which is fun, but still. I’d rather have their names on a big piece of paper I could frame, and a clean blue fridge for my kitchen.

Rachael Ray is a dynamo. She’s everywhere, all the time. You can’t escape her. It wears me out just thinking about how hard she must work. When she started doing those Ritz Crackers spots that were on TV every five minutes around the holidays last year, I just thought, sheesh, Girl, take a break for one minute, will ya? Do you really need to sell crackers now, too?

Then again, that’s why she’s a celebrity whose brand is worth millions, and I’m…not. But you know what? I’m a simple girl. I’d be happy if I could earn just enough to afford a retro fridge!

If You’re Hooked on Kitchen Trends:

Jessica August 7, 2008 at 7:53 am

Yeah, I just don’t get excited about Rachel Ray. Never wanted to watch her.

The blue fridge would be better without the autographs! I like the island in her “kitchen” though.

I think it’s funny that the corners in the kitchen aren’t right angles. They look like 120 degree angles, making it more stagey and open. When I was little I said I was going to be a set designer for sitcoms and soap operas… I forgot about that until now. I didn’t know much about it though.

Bonnie August 7, 2008 at 8:23 am

I love the blue fridge, but I’d so be washing off the marker!

Karla & Karrie August 7, 2008 at 8:29 am

We’d have to insist that more stars sign the bottom – if we’d pay THAT much we’d want the front of the fridge FULL of signatures and not have gaping holes at the bottom!! We agree – we’d rather have a plain one!
Can’t say we love Rachel – she’s a bit annoying, however the girl CAN cook and has some mean recipes – so we just concentrate on that talent!

Passion For Rugs August 7, 2008 at 8:33 am

I don’t watch much tv, but did watch her very early on in her first show. It’s entertainment, that’s how I look at these types of shows. Never seen her new one.

Speaking of hawking the ritz crackers, I did a post on the whole “designer” name as it pertained to rug lines. I find the whole thing fascinating…I mean, really…are you going to buy a ritz cracker because RR thinks they’re ‘yummo’? Jane

Tori August 7, 2008 at 9:49 am

I’ve never really seen Rachel Ray, so I don’t know much about her except that she is everywhere. The fridge, the poor poor fridge, it wasn’t meant to be signed. I do get the point of having people sign things though.

Debbie August 7, 2008 at 9:50 am

Julia, ya know what? This post made me so happy! For starters ~ I’m so in love with Rachel Ray I love her spunk – I like the way she works and the way she gets things done.

Her kitchen is amazing and always looks like a fun place to cook. There are times I wish I could just hang out with her for a day. I think that would be so cool.

But I do have a problem with that gorgeous fridge all marked up.

REAGAN August 7, 2008 at 10:12 am

I’ve watched a couple of her shows for 30 minute meals and it kinda ends up leaving me discouraged becaus she is so good. I like her okay, but don’t follow her.

Josie August 7, 2008 at 10:18 am

I love Rachael Ray! I watch her shows (cooking ones) when I can and I even have a few of her cookbooks. :)

courtney @ nesting instincts August 7, 2008 at 10:54 am

I think she’s kind of a cutie. Seems like a fun gal, though I hardly ever watch her show. I like the fact that she doesn’t pretend to be a fancy chef but she is one awesome cook! anyway, I’m with you…I saw a fridge that was ruined with autographs, rather than a priceless collectible. :-) Ah well. I have to admit I was surprised it only sold for $5,000. Apparently other people agree with us!

Elizabeth August 7, 2008 at 11:04 am

I am very sad about that beautiful blue fridge being scribbled all over.

Ms.Tee August 7, 2008 at 11:20 am

I love the blue fridge, but having the autographs all over it is just a big old mess! We like Rachael Ray – but have to take her in small increments. ha! :)

Norma August 7, 2008 at 11:22 am

I do agree with the other ladies, did they have to sign that beautiful blue fridge. I used to watch her earlier shows a few years back when she was just getting started, I liked to watch her load up her arms at the fridge, and the cabinets, she was pretty good at that,she didn’t drop any thing.

Coco August 7, 2008 at 11:35 am

I love RR! My hub thinks she’s a spastic dork, but I have to remind him that I am too. So I love her funny little acronyms (“EVOO!”) and her personality. I enjoy that she just cooks and has fun and I don’t have to find some obscure cheese or meat to make her food. Tasty Travels is one of my favorite shows, too. She finds all the good spots!

Oh, the fridge, the poor fridge. Can you say 409? I can!

rhoda August 7, 2008 at 11:45 am

Rachel wears me out too! My hubby can’t stand to listen to her…but, I do like to watch her cook.

Thanks for mentioning my party, Julia!

Rhoda

Bella August 7, 2008 at 11:49 am

My dh has a crush on Rachael Ray, lol. So now, when I cook, and he is in the kitchen, I try to smile alot and say weird things..makes him laugh every time!

We only watch her Food Network shows, and she does some pretty good things. Our favorite recipes of hers are her Turkey Horseradish burgers and her Chicken/Spinach/Canelloni beans recipe. YUMMO!

Bella

Deanne August 7, 2008 at 11:49 am

I’m not sure, but I think that the magazine page you have there could be from Domino. It looks like things I’ve seen in the mag (like the samples of paint, it’s something they do, I think).

abbreviated August 7, 2008 at 11:50 am

Like Rachael as a person. Don’t watch her show.

Too bad they didn’t sign the sides & leave the front signature free.

Amy August 7, 2008 at 12:01 pm

I hate it that they messed up that fridge. But some people are *that* into celebs, I guess. I love the colors in her kitchen, I’m thinking of painting my own cabinets something other than white. I got a lot of good ideas from the open house party so we’ll see what happens. I’m pretty sure a retro fridge will be out of the budget though :)

Christine August 7, 2008 at 2:39 pm

I love Rachael Ray! I saw her biography on TV the other day and it made me see her in a whole new light.

Sally August 7, 2008 at 5:00 pm

I didn’t mind the ritz crackers…but the fact that she’s now selling DOG FOOD is a little over the top, I think. Speaking of RR…she just came on my TV. =)

Laura @ the shorehouse. August 7, 2008 at 5:00 pm

It’s so funny…I saw the blue autographs before I scrolled far enough to see you call it defaced! Agreed. I guess…it’s kind of cool?

I’m on the fence about how I feel about little miss EVOO, but I have to give a gal credit. She’s certainly had quite the little rise to the top! The Chefography special on her was interesting. I mean, not all that, that long ago she was working at the candy counter in Macy’s! Amazing.

maya August 7, 2008 at 6:13 pm

if i hear “EVOO – extra virgin olive oil” one more time, my head might explode! why say “EVOO” if you’re just going to explain what it means every time???? no need to explain since we’re looking right at the bottle while you’re using it!!!! ack!

still, i like her cooking show – she does a great job with the recipes. i’ve tried several and never been disappointed. i don’t watch her talk show, but then i don’t really watch talk shows, other than the occasional oprah or ellen. very, very occasional.

please don’t deface that beautiful fridge!! please!!!

Quincy August 7, 2008 at 8:40 pm

You’re going to laugh when you hear what magazine that’s from. Everyday Cooking With Rachal Ray! Of COURSE she has her own magazine.

Read all about her fancy kitchen here:

At Home Redesigns August 7, 2008 at 9:34 pm

I do love the fridge… for my retro house… when I have a second house that I can make a retro house…

hookedonhouses August 7, 2008 at 9:41 pm

Quincy–Thanks for solving the mystery for me. And you’re right–I AM laughing. I should’ve guessed that, I suppose. Thanks for the link, too. You’re so helpful!

And the rest of you are cracking me up, too. -J :-)

Jen R August 7, 2008 at 10:25 pm

I would reather just have the fridge with out all of that black marker. It makes me want to scrub it! ;) Then again, finger prints might not show up much either! Jen R

Fifi Flowers August 8, 2008 at 1:24 am

I’m still receovering from the home tour too… lots of stress when the blogger.com crashed… I made it though. Lots of FUN! I’m working on paintings of houses in my neighborhood should you decide to do another home tour.

Rachel Ray has a FUN set… love the floor!

laedna August 8, 2008 at 9:38 am

she is cool i like her 15 minute meal deal, i have made some great dinner that i picke dup on her show…really cool!!

Angela August 8, 2008 at 9:04 pm

I’m with you…way to ruin a fabulous refrigerator!

amysahba August 9, 2008 at 10:18 am

AKH! what a waste! i do love that orange stove too though – hope they don’t write on that!

Angela August 12, 2008 at 12:18 pm

RR stresses me out. It’s hard to watch her shows w/o getting an anxiety attack. I did subscribe to her mag for a year – her recipes never quite worked out – maybe I’m not spastic enough.
Although – the frig is adorable (the one withOUT the writing all over it!)

bungalow_bliss January 12, 2009 at 2:14 pm

Totally agree…the fridge would be perfect without the scribbles! It looks like a toddler went crazy with a Sharpie!

{ 1 trackback }