When I saw this house for sale in Montclair, New Jersey, my heart skipped a beat. It looks like something from a Diane Keaton movie (she always gets the best ones) where her family would gather for the holidays — just add snow!
Here are 15 reasons why you might want to buy it…
15 Reasons to Buy This Big Old House in Montclair
1. You Can Never Go Wrong with a Big Front Porch
2. The Hardwood Floors with Ribbon Inlays
3. The Pocket Doors
4. The Curved Staircase in the Entry
5. The Wall of Windows in the Dining Room
6. Swarovski and Schonbek Light Fixtures
7. The Butler’s Pantry
8. Herringbone Radiant Heated Floors in the New Kitchen
9. The Shaw Farmhouse Sink
10. The Bosch, Sub-Zero, and Wolf Appliances
11. Built-in Bookcases with Leaded Glass
12. Updated Master Bath with Marble Tile
13. The Gleaming Woodwork
14. Sunroom with Original Paneled Walls and Moldings
15. Curb Appeal!
Even the other houses on the street would be a selling point to me…
That white house across the street reminded me of this one:
It was built in 1900 and has 6 bedrooms, 6 baths, and 6,500 square feet.
Want it? For more photos and information, check the listing held by Sam Joseph of Berkshire Hathaway (photography by Helen Bernstein for Tour Factory).