1. Have you featured the house from my favorite movie or TV show yet?
There’s an easy way to find out. I keep a list of all the onscreen houses I’ve featured in alphabetical order here: TV/Movie Houses. If you want to recommend one, leave it in the comments of that page. That’s where I keep track of them all!
2. I’d like to write a guest post/advertise/give away a product:
I write all the posts myself, don’t do product reviews or giveaways, and my ad networks handle all of the “big ads” for me on my blog.
However, I do have 125 x 125 ad spots available if you’re interested. It’s automated now. All you do is upload your ad, make the payment through PayPal, and as soon as I approve it, it goes live on my site. Details on my Advertising Page.
3. Can I use one of your photos on my blog/website?
Sure! All I ever ask for is credit with a link back. Please note the original sources, however, if they’re not mine. Every post I write should have links to where I found them.
4. I’m thinking of buying an Ektorp sofa from IKEA. Are you still happy with yours?
I wrote an update about it a year after buying it that you can read here: Summer in My Sunroom.
5. What are the paint colors you used in your house?
- My family room and dining room are Pecan (Eddie Bauer).
- The playroom is Limeade (Valspar).
- My master bedroom is Ocean Voyage (Valspar).
I either use basic Snipping Tool or the VLC media player, which I downloaded online. Then I often have to lighten them or touch them up a bit with either Picasa or PicMonkey.
7. What web host provider do you use?
Servint. They’ve been great!
8. Why do you keep deleting my comments?
The only reason I might ever delete one is if it’s in really bad taste or obscene. I try to keep the blog family friendly. But it’s rare that I have to.
If your comments are disappearing, they’re probably being snatched up by Akismet, my spam catcher. Let me know if that happens to you and I’ll look for it there. I can rescue it.
I have also found that a lot of readers click on a photo to see it better and then leave a comment under it. When they go back to the post, they don’t see their comment and think it was deleted. Might want to check for it there!
9. Can I comment without logging in? Without having a blog? Without people seeing my email address?
Yes, yes, and yes. All we really need are the name you want to use (doesn’t have to be your full, first and last name) and an email address. If you don’t have a blog, leave the URL field blank (it’s optional). The only one who sees your email address is me, and that’s just to 1) make sure you’re not a spammer and 2) give me a way to write you back if you ask a question.
10. I would like to show you photos of my house/a real estate listing/bad MLS photos/etc.
I’d love to see them! Send them right on over.