Welcome! I’m Julia Sweeten, and I’m hooked on houses. I started blogging in 2008 to find kindred spirits and am happy to say I’ve found them. After more than 90 million page views, I’ve learned there are a lot of you out there. Lookiloos unite!
A lot of people assume I’m a real estate agent or designer, but I’m neither. Before blogging, I worked as a writer and editor for various magazines and book publishers and taught writing workshops. By 2010, this site had grown so big that it became my full-time gig.
On a more personal note, I have a degree in English Lit. I’m hooked on books and would be blogging about them if not houses.
I’m an INFJ, the rarest of MBTI types, but among the most common for bloggers, apparently!
I value kindness and make every attempt to keep the tone of my site positive, which is one reason comments are moderated.
I also value generosity and donate a percentage of the money I earn from this site to favorite charities. My heart is with foster children, educational causes, and animal rescue organizations. When you visit my blog, you’re helping them, too!
I’m married to my college sweetheart Dave, and we live in a friendly small town in Ohio. We’ve got two kids, Jake and Lily, and two furry critters — a sleepy Shih-Tzu named Maizie (snoozing above), and a mischievous cat named Cress, who is batting at the screen while I type this.
A little more info…
- Are you hooked on houses? Take this quiz to find out.
- I have a Secret Blog for Subscribers. The link is in my weekly newsletter.
- Looking for photos of your favorite TV or Movie House? Houses Onscreen.
- New to HoH? Check out my Most Popular Posts.
- Some posts include Amazon affiliate links that help support my blog.
- Got a house or listing you think my readers would like? Let me know!
Keep in touch:
Thanks for visiting. I hope you’ll make yourself at home!
Painting of my childhood home by Fifi Flowers.