Welcome to my blog! I’m Julia Sweeten, and I’m hooked on houses.
I started blogging about my love of houses in 2008 because I was hoping to find some kindred spirits. After over 100 million page views (whoa), I’ve learned there are a lot of you out there! 🙂
I’m not a designer or real estate agent — just a writer who happens to be a “house enthusiast.” Before blogging, I worked as a researcher, writer and editor for various magazines and book publishers.
I hate to brag, but Hooked on Houses has been featured on/linked to/mentioned by places like:
- HGTV Magazine
- Real Simple Magazine
- Huffington Post
- Entertainment Weekly
- Country Living
- House Beautiful
- The Today Show
- Good Morning America
I donate a percentage of the money I earn from this site to favorite charities. My heart is with foster children, educational causes, and animal rescue organizations. When you visit, you’re helping them, too!
I’m married to my college sweetheart Dave, and we live in a friendly small town in Ohio. We’ve got two kids, Jake and Lily, a sleepy Shih-Tzu named Maizie, and a playful white cat named Cress, who’s batting at the computer screen and making it difficult for me to type this.
A little more info…
- Are you hooked on houses? Take this quiz to find out.
- You’ll find the link to my “Secret Blog” in my newsletter.
- Looking for your favorite TV or Movie House? Check Houses Onscreen.
- Trying to leave a comment? If there isn’t a comment box at the end of a post, that means they’re closed. When they’re open, I moderate them, and they’ll appear after I’ve approved them.
- New to HoH? See my Popular Posts.
- Some posts may include affiliate links.
- Got a house or listing you think my readers would like? Let me know!
Keep in touch:
Thanks for visiting. I hope you’ll make yourself at home! 🙂
Painting of my childhood home by Fifi Flowers.