Welcome to my blog!
I’m Julia, and I’m hooked on houses. I started blogging in 2008 to find kindred spirits and am happy to say I’ve found them. After more than 80 million page views, I’ve learned there are a lot of you out there. Lookiloos unite!
I’m not a designer (so don’t ask me how to decorate your living room), and I’m not a “house snob” (so don’t be afraid to invite me over!). I’m more likely to fall for a cozy, well-designed cottage than a sprawling, show-offy mansion. I think houses have personalities and it’s fun to get to know them.
Before blogging, I worked as a writer and editor for various magazines and book publishers. By 2010, this site had grown so big that it became my full-time gig. (Pinch me!)
I’m married to my college sweetheart Dave and we live in a friendly small town in Ohio. We’ve got two kids, Jake and Lily, and a sweet (and sleepy!) dog named Maizie.
A little more info…
- Are you hooked on houses? Take this quiz to find out.
- I have a Secret Blog for Subscribers. The link is in my weekly newsletter.
- Looking for photos of your favorite TV or Movie House? Houses Onscreen.
- New to HoH? Check out my Top 20 Posts.
- Sorry, but I’m not accepting new advertisers at this time.
- I don’t accept guest posts or sponsored posts, either.
- Got a house or listing you think my readers would like? Click here.
Keep in touch:
Thanks for visiting. I hope you’ll make yourself at home!
Painting of my childhood home by Fifi Flowers.