For Sale: Rayna’s Country Music Mansion from “Nashville”

by hookedonhouses on November 5, 2012

Have you been watching Nashville, the new nighttime drama on ABC? Connie Britton plays Rayna Jaymes, a country music singer whose star is fading. Her record company wants her to team up with the rising young superstar Juliette Barnes (played by Hayden Panettiere), but the two don’t exactly get along.

Rayna has a big ol’ mansion, and a lot of the scenes were shot in a real house in Nashville. Not only that, but it’s on the market for $19.5 million. It might take a real country music star to afford it! Take a look:

Here’s how the house looks on TV:

And here’s a photo of it from the listing:

The estate sits on 6 acres and has 20,000 square feet.

I’m wondering if scenes that take place in other characters’ houses are also shot in this house. For instance, that front door looks a lot like the one at Rayna’s father’s house, doesn’t it?  I couldn’t find a photo from the show to confirm it, though, so I may be remembering it wrong.

Some scenes have taken place in this library, too:

There are 6 bedrooms and 9.5 baths. We see Rayna and Teddy’s bedroom on the show with the heavy drapes behind the headboard:

Here’s how it looks in the listing:

The staircase is kind of jaw-dropping:

According to The Tennessean, some scenes were shot on location at this house, and some of the rooms were recreated on a soundstage.

They film a lot of the scenes in the kitchen on the show.

I’ve been a fan of Connie Britton’s since she played Tami Taylor on Friday Night Lights. She’s the main reason I tuned in to see American Horror Story last season, too–although the great house it was set in didn’t hurt:

The first season of AHS creeped me out so much that I haven’t been watching the second. I hear it’s even creepier!

Anyway, back to Teddy and Rayna in their Nashville kitchen with those great brick walls…

Here’s how it looks in the listing:

This has to be one of the biggest screened porches I’ve ever seen:

The agent says: “Exceptional one-of-a-kind estate, designed by Mark Harrison of Adkisson/Harrison and built by Will Andrews. Interior design by Mary Spalding. Marbles, stones & woods from around the world make this a phenomenal home.”

What do you think of Nashville so far? I must be spoiled by all the riveting drama on Revenge because I find my attention drifting a lot during the show. I keep tuning in, though. And the music’s great. Every time they perform a new song I have to look it up on iTunes. I especially love this one.

BTW, if you want to check it out, you can watch the episodes (with limited commercial interruptions) at ABC.com.

For more photos and information, check the listing by Fridrich & Clark Realty. Thanks to Christine for the tip!

Hooked on Houses from TV Shows? Check out This Month’s Top 10!

Stacey in Michigan November 5, 2012 at 8:02 am

Thanks for this! I am absolutely, positively addicted to Nashville! I think it is one of the best shows to come out of ABC in ages. I can’t wait until Wednesday!

Emily A. Clark November 5, 2012 at 8:08 am

Well, I don’t watch Revenge so maybe that’s why I’ve gotten hooked on Nashville :) But, why are they selling the house if they’re filming there, I wonder? Does that mean they lost their house (on the show) or the show’s getting canned?? I’m confused.

hookedonhouses November 5, 2012 at 8:17 am

A lot of times TV shows start out filming in real houses like this. Then if they’re picked up for a full season or longer, they recreate the rooms on sets (which is why rooms can suddenly look a little different when you tune into one of your favorite shows). My guess is that they were able to shoot here because it was on the market. The show is getting good ratings from what I’ve read, so I wouldn’t be surprised if there’s a second season after this one!

Marsha November 5, 2012 at 8:24 am

I think this is a best new show of the season. Love all the music. They said viewership was down on the second show. I don’ know how they can know since so many people have dvr’s. But I really hope it makes it. The house is pretty but a little much for my taste.

hookedonhouses November 5, 2012 at 8:40 am

I wonder about the DVR thing, too. I never watch anything “live” anymore.

Richella at Imparting Grace November 5, 2012 at 8:34 am

That’s some house! I’ve only watched a little bit of the show, so I’m glad to see photos of the house.

The actual house is in Belle Meade, which is the most beautiful part of Nashville–although not where the country music stars usually live. Most of them have places north of Nashville, in Hendersonville and points beyond, or south of Nashville in Williamson County. Belle Meade is more of an “old money” part of town, so it’s amazing to see a relatively new house on so much land there.

One interesting thing about Nashville. When we lived there, the different parts of town are known by their ZIP codes. Belle Meade is 37205; any address with that ZIP code was most enviable. The allure of 37205 was followed closely by Green Hills, ZIP code 37215. Isn’t that funny?

hookedonhouses November 5, 2012 at 8:39 am

Interesting! Thanks, Richella!

Christina from Dallas November 5, 2012 at 9:32 am

I’ve been watching Nashville too and really like it. I didn’t get in on “Revenge” when it first came out so I guess I”m not spoiled by being used to all that drama. I’m surprised that the two main characters have such good singing voices. They could be country stars even without the show if the acting thing dosen’t work out.
I bet there are a lot of beautiful mansions in Nashville due to all the country stars that live there. I always laugh though when you hear a song by a singer who sings about being poor etc., but in reality they are living in their Mcmansions! For example Jennifer Lopez. “Im Still Jenny From The Block”

Gerry November 5, 2012 at 9:50 am

I love this show. I love Rayna and the music is great! Is that a hot tub on the staircase landing? If so, I would be scared to death of water damage below.

J. Elizabeth November 5, 2012 at 10:21 am

Love Connie Britton. She and Kyle Chandler had such amazing chemistry in Friday Night Lights. Not picking that up w/ Eric Close–tho I’m a huge fan of his, too–but I guess that’s the point, right? Not a big fan of all the brick and stone in this house-the hallway looks a little too medieval for my taste Love the shots in the kitchen–looks like they really “live” there.

Erin November 5, 2012 at 10:27 am

I’m loving Nashville too, especially since it features a gorgeous 40-yr-old woman who actually looks real (and not plastic)!! I love Connie Britton in this series, and I’m loving the music too (although this house is definitely not my style at all- I half expected to see Dracula sweeping around that back staircase, cape flowing, at the end of the two story, gray-stone hallway)!

Nita {ModVintageLife} November 5, 2012 at 10:36 am

I am hooked on Nashville which surprises me because having worked at a Country Music radio station….I am WAY over country music. But I even like the music on this show especially that song above. Love Connie Britton too…and this year’s American Horror Story is over the top creepy. But I’m loving it it also.

Alyson November 5, 2012 at 11:00 am

I love Connie Britton and the show!

Jane George November 5, 2012 at 11:41 am

The kitchen reminds me of the one on the old TV show, Hart to Hart.

Amanda @ Serenity Now November 5, 2012 at 11:45 am

I got bored with the show during the first episode, but I adore that front door!! Wowzah!

Sue November 5, 2012 at 11:48 am

I haven’t seen Nashville yet (so many shows to watch), but this house is wonderful to see. I especially like the kitchen and stairway. As for Revenge, I am addicted!

Alie B November 5, 2012 at 12:08 pm

Ugh. I don’t like this house at all! In my opinion, it’s like they couldn’t decide what they wanted it to be, so they put several different styles together. The outside looks a bit Spanish, while the front hall looks (as mentioned above) medieval, the ceilings in some rooms feel cottagey and the kitchen is dark and outdated.

Shannon November 5, 2012 at 12:21 pm

Is that a hot tub at the top of the staircase? If so, who would put one THERE?

Susan November 5, 2012 at 1:35 pm

I’m loving Nashville! Mainly because of Connie Britton but several of the other characters are really good too. But now that I’ve seen pics of the house I think the producers were wise not to use too much of it in the show. It is bizarre! The house shots in the show look much cozier and cohesive. The listing shots make it look like one hot mess.
Thanks for featuring this one!

E. george November 5, 2012 at 3:45 pm

Hi Julia wow…this place is beautiful the kitchen and the porch would make me very happy. This show has not started here yet but when it does I will make sure to have a look. Thank you for sharing….I woke up at 6.45 this morning turned on the IPad and here is where my day has started wow… PS of course coffee was had….

The Tiny Homestead November 5, 2012 at 5:44 pm

wish I had known about this last weekend when we took a trip to Nashville. I would have tried to do a little real estate stalking. :)

Rebecca@MidcenturyModernRemodel November 5, 2012 at 11:23 pm

Hi Julia. Great house. It is so BIG. Back to AHS. My husband finally had enough guts to watch the first show of the new season. He said it is definitely worse. I should ask him how the houses were.

hookedonhouses November 6, 2012 at 7:16 am

I heard this season takes place in an asylum instead of a house, so I lost interest. Ha.

snaggy November 6, 2012 at 5:23 am

horrible house!

Emily November 6, 2012 at 8:04 am

Love the show, not the house. I’d be interested in seeing a close-up of Juliette’s house though. They make such an obvious comparison of the decor being “young” in her house, “old” in Rayna’s. And I spent too much time googling the side table shown in the last episode- never did find it, but it is just what I’ve been looking for! Am I the only one that does that?

hookedonhouses November 6, 2012 at 8:13 am

You’re definitely not the only one who does that. I think half of my readers got here that way! A set designer for “Revenge” left comments on some of those posts I wrote and basically said that a lot of things come from prop houses or are custom pieces, which is why they’re hard to track down in stores.

Becky November 6, 2012 at 12:55 pm

Taking your good referral on Nashville and going to catch up on my cellphone. You steered me down the good lane with Revenge..!! Love it, so Nashville, here I come. Thanks Julia! :)

RED November 8, 2012 at 10:37 pm

NOPE!

RED November 8, 2012 at 10:51 pm

ONE GREAT HOUSE!
BY THE WAY, THERE IS NO HOT TUB ON THE STAIR.
THE OWNER IS ONE OF NASHVILLE’S GREATEST PHILANTHROPISTS.
IT IS VERY ECLECTIC, AND LENDS ITSELF TO A REMARKABLE EXPERIENCE… ON ANY NIGHT!
YOU WOULD BE VERY LUCKY TO SPEND AN EVENING HERE, AT ANY FUND RAISER (AND THE BIGGEST HAVE BEEN HELD HERE!).
IT ‘S WAS NEVER MEANT TO BE AN ” ICON” OF AMERICAN ARCHITECTURE, BUT MORE CLEARLY A REFECTION OF THE HIGH SPIRITED HAPPINESS OF THE OWNER.
ABC WAS VERY LUCKY TO HAVE LANDED THIS NASVILLE LANDMARK, AND IT WAS BECAUSE OF THE IMMENSE GENEROSITY OF ITS OWNER.
LIGHTEN UP, FOLKS!

RED November 8, 2012 at 11:00 pm

IN ADDITION,
I, PERSONALLY DESIGNED BOTH HOUSES FOR THEIR REAL LIFE OWNERS.
WE HAVE ALL FOUND IT VERY EXCITING FOR TELEVISION TO HAVE “FOUND” US!

hookedonhouses November 9, 2012 at 7:14 am

Very cool to hear from you! Thanks for clearing up the hot tub thing, too. Ha. It’s an amazing house!

Tracy April 12, 2013 at 1:36 am

Hello,
Can you please tell me the brand or pattern of the turquoise and gold scrolled wallpaper shown in the show. It is amazing!!
Thank you!

Highland January 3, 2013 at 5:20 pm

Love Juliette’s house! Whoever did the decorating did a fabulous job! In one of the main rooms it showed a wallpaper of turquoise, gold, chocolate… Any idea who is the maker? Thank you!

Tracy April 12, 2013 at 1:37 am

Hey,
Did you ever find out any info on the wallpaper.
I love it too!! I have looked and looked without any luck.

Thank you!!

Beth February 28, 2013 at 8:43 am

This is my favorite show – thank you for the chance to see the real house I drool over every week – that KITCHEN!! I’d love to see more details as they start showing more of Deacon’s house and Scarlett’s place, too.

Lindsay Smith February 28, 2013 at 12:53 pm

Okay, so I know that I’m nearly 4 months behind in reading this post but I had to check it out before reading today’s post about Brad and Kimberly Paisley’s home in California. I am totally and completely hooked on Nashville! I LOVE IT!!! Anyway, as always, it is fascinating to me to see what you come up with to blog about! You really have an amazing gift!

Love You!!

cars June 12, 2013 at 2:54 pm

All large purchases are always intimidating, especially if you are uninformed about the industry.
One of the scariest purchases is buying cars. Many people fear they are getting
ripped off and you surely don’t want that. Avoid buying a lemon by looking through these great tips and tricks regarding car purchases.

{ 1 trackback }